• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I wonder if the garden variety Trump supporter is aware the entire top tier of the GOP has been exposed to COVID? I mean you could see it coming like a train with these ball licks basically ignoring every warning.

LOL at anyone that thinks the Chinese are actually communists.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Saw one headline about top GOP donors freaking out from being near Trump, hours before he announced his positive testing...

Just sitting here shaking my head.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
But... but... "No Time to Die" is coming out!

Bad title timing.

Make Drive-in Theaters Great Again

For real though. I think coronavirus is just beginning of an imminent wave of killer viruses and bacteria, creeping crud dredged up by the effects of over pollution, climate change, and over farming

Instead of thinking about reopening and going back to 2019, business had best be looking to adapt to a new world. Perfect opportunity for drive ins to make huge comeback.

This rant isn’t directed back at you, I just used your post as a jump off point because it was funny

Jaguar

Saw one headline about top GOP donors freaking out from being near Trump, hours before he announced his positive testing...

Just sitting here shaking my head.

I've been saying for months that were he infected, he wouldn't give a shit about infecting others or even if they die as a result.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Make Drive-in Theaters Great Again

For real though. I think coronavirus is just beginning of an imminent wave of killer viruses and bacteria, creeping crud dredged up by the effects of over pollution, climate change, and over farming

Instead of thinking about reopening and going back to 2019, business had best be looking to adapt to a new world. Perfect opportunity for drive ins to make huge comeback.

This rant isn’t directed back at you, I just used your post as a jump off point because it was funny

Oh, I agree -- I think business got in a rut and just focusing on a narrow approach (to film in this instance, but in general a lot of businesses were in a rut in their approach). I don't think the movie crowd will be back in numbers any time soon -- especially after the events of the last day. THe current movie environment is just too virus friendly and not people friendly.

I also think this is just the "first" big virus scare and we can't just assume it would be the last. We're definitely a global world, and this just happened to be the first big test of modern infrastructure and tech in regards to dealing with a global epidemic (as opposed to 1918, which was a century ago in terms of science/medicine). I'm hoping we learned something this time and take it seriously.

I've been saying for months that were he infected, he wouldn't give a shit about infecting others or even if they die as a result.

The whole thing is like my feeling towards Tuesday's debate debacle: It's broadly shocking maybe in the sense that the situation actually has gotten to this point, but it is not in the least surprising based on the personalities involved.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh, I agree -- I think business got in a rut and just focusing on a narrow approach (to film in this instance, but in general a lot of businesses were in a rut in their approach). I don't think the movie crowd will be back in numbers any time soon -- especially after the events of the last day. THe current movie environment is just too virus friendly and not people friendly.

I also think this is just the "first" big virus scare and we can't just assume it would be the last. We're definitely a global world, and this just happened to be the first big test of modern infrastructure and tech in regards to dealing with a global epidemic (as opposed to 1918, which was a century ago in terms of science/medicine). I'm hoping we learned something this time and take it seriously.

Hopefully the antivax idiots also start to lose influence or just fizzle out.

- - - Updated - - -

Politics before safety

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Notre Dame president tests positive for COVID-19

How many people are going to be infected from the SCOTUS event?
On Monday, Jenkins apologized after he was seen not wearing a mask at the White House during Amy Coney Barrett’s nomination event on Saturday.

i watched it live they left the stream running people were just hanging the fuck out like a church social as though nothing were unusual in the world at all :dry:

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
EjWZgnSXYAILflW

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Boris Johnson was also hospitalized just in case when he had Covid-19 during the first wave. Johnson apparently did run a high fever but eventually got through it. This does not necessarily mean Trump is showing severe symtoms.

Jaguar

I'd like to know who leaked the Hope Hicks infection to Bloomberg. Because without Bloomberg, nothing would have been set in motion.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Actually, I think they're just being cautious. It's the prudent thing to do.

But why not have POTUS make an announcement to the American people? In no way am I saying that Trump is gravely ill and being transported to his deathbed, but I do think it's a bit more serious if we're hearing this from 3rd parties. Didn't Boris Johnson make some public statement when he was admitted?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's^ a good point. It's weird that he's not tweeting anything himself. (Not "definitely serious problem" weird, but just weird).

Jaguar

But why not have POTUS make an announcement to the American people?

That would be professional. Can't have any of that.

Didn't Boris Johnson make some public statement when he was admitted?

Something like that, and he was doing fine in the hospital until there was a sudden downturn and Boris said it could have gone either way. He was humbled by the experience and thanked all of the medical personnel.