• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Psh.

I can beat that.

Red state:
close-read-oklahoma-tornado.jpg

Blue state:

GoldenGateParkJapaneseTeaGarden(SS)-1500x872.jpg

I should just do this for all of my future posts in this thread.

I didnt knew that democrats were Chinese. What a nice commie garden!

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
At least commies know good landscaping. See some red state landscaping below:

Red state:

landfill-1-710x355.png

And of course, by contrast...

Blue state:
Gary_Grossman_Rowena_Crest_hero_Oregon.jpg

hahahahah the worse thing is that here in Brazil there is some sort of truth on that, since the "local republicans" have been indirectly supporting fires on amazon and other forests as well.
Well, Im stopping here before we ruin the thread.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Thuringia (governed by a left of center coalition)
Altenstein_Schloss_Brunnen_Slider_2019CBeyer-wpv_600x600_center_center.jpg

Bavaria (conservative government for 70 years uninterrupted)
armut-1024x646.jpg

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can also do this globally, of course

Khartoum, Sudan:
Khartoumdowntown.jpg

Zurich, Switzerland
AauKxWnZ42zAaUkic-9vcw.jpg

I'm enjoying this Google game more than I should:D

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's worth taking into account, in this "my ideology creates paradise, the other ideology creates a slum" game, that at the pace Trump is rolling back environmental protections the "paradise" shots for all ideologies to identify with will become progressively scarce.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's worth taking into account, in this "my ideology creates paradise, the other ideology creates a slum" game, that at the pace Trump is rolling back environmental protections the "paradise" shots for all ideologies to identify with will become progressively scarce.

He did conveniently omit that there are few jobs, little quality health care, no real industry in northern Michigan, outside of tourism. That's why the population is so low, the overall education and health outcomes poor and addiction and overdose numbers huge.

Suicides are also very high up there and if you take into account the lower population, absolutely a health crisis. This is mostly due to the issues I just mentioned in addition to the availability of firearms.

18616858-large.jpg

But the Republicans are actually not at all pro-life. Which is why so many of them dying isn't an issue.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

These ideologies have a sooo old in base terms, including neoliberalism.
It would be nice to have a ideology that studies what does work and what doesnt in global terms, and doing it on a honest way.
I know that Country IQ + Corruption Perception Index (although both has its proper PSs) is simple and a little bit superficial but it can explain well country development, meaning that the smarter and more honest people are, in general the better the country is regardless of state size, and politicians that base themselves on fake news are indeed veeerrry toxic to the country.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hahahahah the worse thing is that here in Brazil there is some sort of truth on that, since the "local republicans" have been indirectly supporting fires on amazon and other forests as well.
Well, Im stopping here before we ruin the thread.

I saw Brazilian charcoal in the store the other day, and I was like "no way in hell I'd ever buy that." Actually, it turns out through a google search that it was probably Eucalyptus, which is not a native species and I believe invasive (or at least it was in Peru). So it's probably not actually terrible.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

White Raven
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
He did conveniently omit that there are few jobs, little quality health care, no real industry in northern Michigan, outside of tourism. That's why the population is so low, the overall education and health outcomes poor and addiction and overdose numbers huge.

Suicides are also very high up there and if you take into account the lower population, absolutely a health crisis. This is mostly due to the issues I just mentioned in addition to the availability of firearms.

18616858-large.jpg

But the Republicans are actually not at all pro-life. Which is why so many of them dying isn't an issue.

54%... and that in a state that includes Detroit, which is supposed to be a hellhole full of crime. Damn. That means there are more suicides than homicides in the whole state.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
These ideologies have a sooo old in base terms, including neoliberalism.
It would be nice to have a ideology that studies what does work and what doesnt in global terms, and doing it on a honest way.
I know that Country IQ + Corruption Perception Index (although both has its proper PSs) is simple and a little bit superficial but it can explain well country development, meaning that the smarter and more honest people are, in general the better the country is regardless of state size, and politicians that base themselves on fake news are indeed veeerrry toxic to the country.

How do you compare "country IQ"?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

There were attempts to measure that over the world, but I find that questionable as method. Especially since I am "general IQ skeptic".
I mean intelligence and education needed to understand the test are kinda two different things.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Texas will never reach 543 deaths/million like Illinois. It has nothing to do with wearing masks; it has everything to do with nursing home policies and treatment policies (using hydroxychloroquine and zinc early in the treatment process).

Just a friendly reminder that this was said by a member of this forum.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There were attempts to measure that over the world, but I find that questionable as method. Especially since I am "general IQ skeptic".
I mean intelligence and education needed to understand the test are kinda two different things.

"Questionable" is a benevolent phrasing, I think...

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I was wondering this too.

And wondering how things like this study (from 8 years ago) play into it:

People who watch MSNBC and CNN exclusively can answer more questions about domestic events than people who watch no news at all. People who only watch Fox did much worse. NPR listeners answered more questions correctly than people in any other category.

I haven't seen a map specifically of who watches what, but it seems certain that Trumpublican areas don't give NPR much credit and consider everything left of Fox too biased to bother with.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

I was wondering this too.

And wondering how things like this study (from 8 years ago) play into it:

People who watch MSNBC and CNN exclusively can answer more questions about domestic events than people who watch no news at all. People who only watch Fox did much worse. NPR listeners answered more questions correctly than people in any other category.

I haven't seen a map specifically of who watches what, but it seems certain that Trumpublican areas don't give NPR much credit and consider everything left of Fox too biased to bother with.

I use this source here:
IQ by Country

I am not going to say that their method is flawless. And I do agree that IQ is a limited coverage of human intelligence. It gets better if you add Critical Thinking (there is the Watson-Glaser test) and perhaps a few Cognitive Abilities as well.

My main point is that, in a simple and independent ideology, I strongly believe that a country gets more development if people are more intelligent in general and more honest/less corrupt in general, and these are, although somewhat fragile, support by country and IQ & Corruption Perception Index. More lies = less development, including GDP Per Capita.

Actually, this is more the starting point, I believe in more stuff than that.

But just saying, I would really advocate for some sort of scientific-statistical ideology for real. One that is more concerned into a initial impartiality, studies and based into trying to replicate what did work on the most similar country in the most recent possible scenario (it can get complicated). But I get that it could get corrupted as well, since neoliberalism already even created manipulated indexes. (such as Index of Economic Freedom, that is commonly used by brazilian neolibs to give a "grounded and reality" look to neoliberalism; In short, that index is inconsistent with neoliberalism ideas, since it includes countries with big states - such as Denmark - does not score well for some countries that doesnt have much state - such as Paraguay - probably because they indirectly or sometimes even directly included GDP Per Capita and the Corruption Perception Index to boost the developed countries in order to force a correlation).

Jaguar

I've been saying for months that were he infected, he wouldn't give a shit about infecting others or even if they die as a result.

And then it turns out that:

Trump Didn’t Disclose First Positive Covid-19 Test While Awaiting a Second Test on Thursday - WSJ

As the virus spread among the people closest to him, Mr. Trump also asked one adviser not to disclose results of their own positive test. “Don’t tell anyone,” Mr. Trump said, according to a person familiar with the conversation.