• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Trump's Got The Pleurisy

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I'm going to be honest about my opinion which is going to seem very cold to some people...but I don't really care because regardless of whether it's "heartless" or "merciless" toward Trump specifically, it's ultimately more effective in relation to what's best for everyone. I'm thinking about the greater good and those more deserving of mercy than him. think it's going to be a very bad thing if Trump ends up okay from Corona. I think it's going to be bad news for his supporters because they will continue to not take it seriously. I think something needs to happen to him in order for people to stop playing around and calling it a hoax. I don't believe he is deserving of empathy. If you ask me, his suffering would be both justice and an example to his sheeple that would ultimately be for the greater good since they'd stop treating the virus like a joke.

As for Trump not deserving empathy...I'm just saying...don't throw your pearls before swine. Swine don't value your pearls.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I found another one, and I think it is serious if you look at the entire line of T-shirts. I can't stop giggling with this one.
2628962_0.jpg

Trump Stable Genius Qanon - Trump - T-Shirt | TeePublic

donald-trump-2020-make-liberals-cry-again-t-shirt-women-men-t-shirt_Men_1.jpg

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Maybe this is too personalized to post here, but I need to say that the whole scenario makes me feel deeply sick. I have some deep fears about Trump and I posted some of those concerns earlier in the thread, so I think he has the capacity to be a profound threat. I am disturbed at the particular type of hero worship from some of his followers that is strongly reminiscent of attitudes towards totalitarian leaders in the 20th century. I also feel disturbed by an attitude of taking pleasure in him being sick. My response is one of feeling the situation is deeply serious and sickening. I know I thought that "Stable Genius" shirt was funny, but I also feel sick about the situation.

It doesn't compute for me emotionally to want someone to die. It also doesn't compute emotionally to accept authority that is dangerous. The extremes of human cruelty are real to me, and my distrust of Trump is very deep. It is better for him to just lose at the election and for this all to proceed normally. For me it is like this entire situation doesn't compute emotionally, and so I break out in a rash and feel nauseated (from this and other things).

Lark

Maybe this is too personalized to post here, but I need to say that the whole scenario makes me feel deeply sick. I have some deep fears about Trump and I posted some of those concerns earlier in the thread, so I think he has the capacity to be a profound threat. I am disturbed at the particular type of hero worship from some of his followers that is strongly reminiscent of attitudes towards totalitarian leaders in the 20th century. I also feel disturbed by an attitude of taking pleasure in him being sick. My response is one of feeling the situation is deeply serious and sickening. I know I thought that "Stable Genius" shirt was funny, but I also feel sick about the situation.

It doesn't compute for me emotionally to want someone to die. It also doesn't compute emotionally to accept authority that is dangerous. The extremes of human cruelty are real to me, and my distrust of Trump is very deep. It is better for him to just lose at the election and for this all to proceed normally. For me it is like this entire situation doesn't compute emotionally, and so I break out in a rash and feel nauseated (from this and other things).

Its probably more like Jim Jones and Jonestown than the USSR's personality cults but that's probably right enough too.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

I don't extend empathy to absolutely everyone :shrug: Trump got Covid and the first time I heard it I burst into laughter. I don't think that makes me a horrible monster of some sort, either, just because I think some people just don't deserve any place in your heart. Sue me.

Hell, even without what people "deserve" or don't deserve, how do people respond to what you give them? If it's something stupid like...I don't know, treating a pandemic like an obstacle of willpower and killing thousands and thousands of people, why give it? Sometimes you have to choose who to have empathy for in situations like these. Life, the world, humanity...is a cold place. All you can do is survive in it.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't extend empathy to absolutely everyone :shrug: Trump got Covid and the first time I heard it I burst into laughter. I don't think that makes me a horrible monster of some sort, either, just because I think some people just don't deserve any place in your heart. Sue me.

Hell, even without what people "deserve" or don't deserve, how do people respond to what you give them? If it's something stupid like...I don't know, treating a pandemic like an obstacle of willpower and killing thousands and thousands of people, why give it? Sometimes you have to choose who to have empathy for in situations like these. Life, the world, humanity...is a cold place. All you can do is survive in it.
True
Note that I didn't say I have empathy. I'm not laughing or crying. I said it doesn't compute and I mean exactly that.

Edit: Also for some bizarre reason I have been having vivid emotional, almost visual impressions of Trump's death for months now, although it has always felt more violent than a COVID-19 death, but the notion is highly visceral to me, so it's a different experience for me than an abstract cartoon joke. It's kinda too much for my brain, actually.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
True
Note that I didn't say I have empathy. I'm not laughing or crying. I said it doesn't compute and I mean exactly that.

Edit: Also for some bizarre reason I have been having vivid emotional, almost visual impressions of Trump's death for months now, although it has always felt more violent than a COVID-19 death, but the notion is highly visceral to me, so it's a different experience for me than an abstract cartoon joke. It's kinda too much for my brain, actually.

True, you didn't.
I'd post more but I'm a bit busy now.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
True

kinda glad I'm not the only weird person visualizing that...

I imagine a very...horror filled death for him. Not covid. But it'll be very violent...

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
kinda glad I'm not the only weird person visualizing that...

I imagine a very...horror filled death for him. Not covid. But it'll be very violent...

Regardless how or when it happens. This will be what he takes from it:

There are no more barriers to cross. All I have in common with the uncontrollable and the insane, the vicious and the evil, all the mayhem I have caused and my utter indifference toward it I have now surpassed. My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape, but even after admitting this, there is no catharsis. My punishment continues to elude me and I gain no deeper knowledge of myself. No new knowledge can be extracted from my telling. This confession has meant nothing.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you guys watching his Twitter feed today? They really ought to take his phone.

df75191c472c9901b9620d8c93223a40.png

(Note the date on this thing he retweeted 6 hours ago).

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Are you guys watching his Twitter feed today? They really ought to take his phone.

df75191c472c9901b9620d8c93223a40.png

(Note the date on this thing he retweeted 6 hours ago).

he's desperately trying to distract everyone. :unsure: poorly...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems like Trump is still on dexamethasone based on his Tweets? I've never followed his tweets before, but it is surreal to have a president whose social media behavior is the same as a trollish poster on a forum like this who is being discussed in a modbox whether to go directly to permaban or to impose a series of temp bans first. Except, in this case the problem poster has access to nuclear warheads.

Edit: I see this is the current topic of discussion...

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also COVID-19 is known to have neurological effects. I actually think though that he is quite sick with the virus and his panicking is not primarily about the election, but his life. They keep giving us sideways glances that he's "DOING GREAT", but it's never direct. I also stand by my assumption that the video Tuesday morning was pre-recorded. Seeing him on the balcony Monday night his face and breathing were different. I think there could be more pre-recorded videos, but most of our assurances could be bullshitted. Having the guard outside the Westwing suggests he is inside working, but it doesn't prove it. Doctors reporting him 'symptom free' suggests it, but doesn't prove it.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It seems like Trump is still on dexamethasone based on his Tweets? I've never followed his tweets before, but it is surreal to have a president whose social media behavior is the same as a trollish poster on a forum like this who is being discussed in a modbox whether to go directly to permaban or to impose a series of temp bans first. Except, in this case the problem poster has access to nuclear warheads.

Edit: I see this is the current topic of discussion...

Yes, there's a reason people with more troll-like dispositions, behaviors, and argumentative tactics validate him - it's because he validates their own self/behavior.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Also COVID-19 is known to have neurological effects. I actually think though that he is quite sick with the virus and his panicking is not primarily about the election, but his life. They keep giving us sideways glances that he's "DOING GREAT", but it's never direct. I also stand by my assumption that the video Tuesday morning was pre-recorded. Seeing him on the balcony Monday night his face and breathing were different. I think there could be more pre-recorded videos, but most of our assurances could be bullshitted. Having the guard outside the Westwing suggests he is inside working, but it doesn't prove it. Doctors reporting him 'symptom free' suggests it, but doesn't prove it.

Neurological and cardiac lasting effects. I mean he could keel over in the McDonald's drive thru - you can't tell me he doesn't throw himself on the floor and scream if they don't take him along.