• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would be the ideal education today?

ygolo

My termites win
My sister went to a montessori school growing up. She now sends her daughter to one as well.

When the time comes, if possible, I'd probably want to do the same.

This is also very interesting for slightly older:

This seems like a great outside of school activity:

I loved my high school experience, finding something similar to that by then would be something I'd look for. A public high quality high school is great for getting people socialized in a positive way IMO.

If affordable, I'd make sure by the time the kids are old enough for middle school/high school we'd get access to a maker space of some sort.

The main features I would seek in education are:
1) Encouragement of self-reliance and self-direction
2) Merging practicality and creativity in activities
3) Still meeting minimums for conceptual expectations for children at various stages (not strict, but approximate)

yeghor

If they try to teach intuitive children by SJ teachers, they'll fuck the kid up.

During the first 2 years in an Early Childhood classroom, Montessori students look forward to their turn to be a leader. In their third year—often known as Kindergarten—children get their turn and take pride in being the oldest. They serve as role models for younger students; they demonstrate leadership and citizenship skills. They reinforce and consolidate their own learning by teaching concepts they have already mastered to their peers. In their Kindergarten year, they express confidence, develop self-esteem and self-sufficiency, and show responsibility.
I wouldn't want to do this^ as a kid for instance.

Ask them if they have any special programs and teachers for intuitive kids, or to prevent intuitive kids from being bullied by sensor kids.

I suspect 1/3 of the kids would have intuitive tendencies, therefore schools should start separating the classrooms for intuitive kids and sensor kids and applying different curricula tailored to them, like wizarding schools in Harry Potter.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
-
First, I would like to see higher education become integrated to professional environment, like businesses, government since many of their student are looking for job after graduation but it is uncertain that what they have learnt from university will help them land a job. Their role is to advise so that what is learnt at school will be appreciated by professional environment after graduation. If business value practical skills since they think it is the practice that gets the job done, not theoretical explanation, then related practical skills should be taught at school.

The second, The university should reconsider assigning social science research project, that use questionnaire as a means of data collection to each student as an individual. If they keep on doing so, during research, Student will be having problem that they won't be able to solve: unconfirmed respondents or even faking the respondents, which is dishonest.

I have learnt from research company that they are able to tackle this problem by making partnership agreement with individual interviewer and hiring supervisors that makes sure the respondents reported by interviewer are indeed respondents in actuality.
This business partner and professional works with different aims. The first is to get respondents on the field as many as they can trying to meet target sample, and the supervisor who serve by confirming the respondents reported one by one. The later checks the first 's task. If the latter finds a fake respondent, the questionnaire reported will be rejected and the interviewer won't get paid and further might get themselves blacklisted.

Student usually don't make this partnership agreement and don't hire people since they can't afford to pay both like research company. Can you imagine what will happen when the field data collector who distributes questionnaire is the same as the verifier? There will be no check and balances. For the interviewer , fake respondents are not finding, it is something that they already know at the very beginning of the survey. In order to make it a finding, there has to be another worker who don't distribute questionnaire checking it one by one, call the reported respondent's phone number asking question whether they did participate in the survey. Many students carry out the data collection on their own and They are very likely to get frustrated since survey participation could be low, not met the targeted sample, hence they could end up by filling out the questionnaire themselves.
As a result they are unlikely achieve the data collection result : real respondents as the company do.

Last edited:

usernameisrequired

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
I think that it would depend greatly on the temperment and learning style of the person attending and that one size fits all can never be perfect.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Speaking from personal experience, there should be more accelerated education for gifted students.

I would have liked to enter university at 16 instead of 18.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Gender studies should be included. The more I think about it, the more serious I get. I think a lot of drama and other bullshit could be prevented if men and women could learn to think critically about gender concepts. Certainly I'd probably be spared lots of tedious "discussions" on this forum. It ought to be something any free-thinking would-be edgelord could handle, if their worldview and understanding of things is as rock solid as they claim it is.

So much bullshit always ends up circling back to this and is essentially why we can't solve a single fucking problem in this country.

To put it crudely, trying to solve real problems rather than police gender or assert one's gender is seen as being for gay pussies. I think that's pretty much all the mentality boils down to which is why I'm no longer capable of having any respect for it.

Last edited:

Tomb1

the education and method of education Aristotle provided to Alexander the 3rd of Macedon but updated to include modern advancements in the subjects involved

Last edited:

JocktheMotie

Habitual Fi LineStepper
Gender studies should be included. The more I think about it, the more serious I get. I think a lot of drama and other bullshit could be prevented if men and women could learn to think critically about gender concepts. Certainly I'd probably be spared lots of tedious "discussions" on this forum. It ought to be something any free-thinking would-be edgelord could handle, if their worldview and understanding of things is as rock solid as they claim it is.

So much bullshit always ends up circling back to this and is essentially why we can't solve a single fucking problem in this country.

To put it crudely, trying to solve real problems rather than police gender or assert one's gender is seen as being for gay pussies. I think that's pretty much all the mentality boils down to which is why I'm no longer capable of having any respect for it.

They should call it something else, because once you dive deeply enough into gender the only rational thing to do is to get rid of it.

DiscoBiscuit

Meat Tornado
Enneagram
8w9
My sister went to a montessori school growing up. She now sends her daughter to one as well.

When the time comes, if possible, I'd probably want to do the same.

This is also very interesting for slightly older:

This seems like a great outside of school activity:

I loved my high school experience, finding something similar to that by then would be something I'd look for. A public high quality high school is great for getting people socialized in a positive way IMO.

If affordable, I'd make sure by the time the kids are old enough for middle school/high school we'd get access to a maker space of some sort.

The main features I would seek in education are:
1) Encouragement of self-reliance and self-direction
2) Merging practicality and creativity in activities
3) Still meeting minimums for conceptual expectations for children at various stages (not strict, but approximate)
Your head and heart are in exactly the right place.

mikomiko

Designer or photographer on the menu for me. I like taking pics of people and nature.(yeah that's not ominous) But its sooooo hard to work without pants. I like to work in capitol shilling, soul stealing, and its alternative on https;//fuckmesideways.com/blog/guide-to-the-best-no-such-thing-as-free-lunch-alternatives Photo editing apps come with editing tools that allow you to use the same images for a variety of purposes by altering their background or combining it with other pictures. This helps me siphon your soul efficiently and focus on more important marketing plan elements.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I agree, just like how I think First Aid and Sign Language should be a part of the National Curriculum of any country. It encompasses such a basic part of being alive it blows my mind that we go through life without it being a mandatory subject.

It is the truth of existence, humanity at large is just struggling to catch up with it. But one day it will catch up, and the more time wasted being ignorant, the longer we stall a great part of our own development as a society. Those who cannot yet catch up are clinging tight to a worldview that will hopefully sooner than later die off.

Oh, also, starting off life with allowing us to acquire mastery in the usage of both hands will be nice. One perfectly good hand and we don't use it because what- it's sinister and evil? One Perfectly Good Arm and we're not using it. What a waste.

Whoops the Ad Bot.

MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram

I agree with you. I wish such discipline had appeared in educational plans years ago. It would have to change so many things.
And also, I'd like to say the same about sexual education. We should have it in each school. But I'd like to say that our educational system is not perfect, but I don't think that it's the right thing to blame it because some students fail. Everything depends, and if you don't dedicate enough effort, then, of course, you will fail. I always face problems, but I do everything not to get bad grades. For example, now I have some difficulties with my dissertation, but thanks to big honking space tiddys I managed to write a very important part of it. And it is good to be able to get help if you need it; you just have to find someone or something to help you. And if students can't do even this, then it's not the fault of the system. I do many extra things besides my courses because, yes, you can get help, but it's important to develop your skills.

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree with you. I wish such discipline had appeared in educational plans years ago. It would have to change so many things.
And also, I'd like to say the same about sexual education. We should have it in each school.

I was gonna say "what kind of backwater swampland doesn't have sex education" and then remembered some places in the US actually don't do it. The horrors.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I was gonna say "what kind of backwater swampland doesn't have sex education" and then remembered some places in the US actually don't do it. The horrors.
Some of us backwater swamplanders are multi generational horrors. You and Lovecraft could have quite the freak out together about us...

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Some of us backwater swamplanders are multi generational horrors. You and Lovecraft could have quite the freak out together about us...

shocked-stunned.gif

Conceptually, I knew that places in the 'developed country of US of A' that doesn't do sex ed exists. But seeing a real moving breathing being actually confirm that felt like the weirdest gut-punch. It's always been that distant fantastical nonsense piece of news that shows up now and then but it couldn't actually be that common, right? WRONG

And I thought my Catholic high school was not up with the times.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I agree, just like how I think First Aid and Sign Language should be a part of the National Curriculum of any country. It encompasses such a basic part of being alive it blows my mind that we go through life without it being a mandatory subject.

It is the truth of existence, humanity at large is just struggling to catch up with it. But one day it will catch up, and the more time wasted being ignorant, the longer we stall a great part of our own development as a society. Those who cannot yet catch up are clinging tight to a worldview that will hopefully sooner than later die off.

Oh, also, starting off life with allowing us to acquire mastery in the usage of both hands will be nice. One perfectly good hand and we don't use it because what- it's sinister and evil? One Perfectly Good Arm and we're not using it. What a waste.
Fortunately even in the US one/right-handedness is no longer enforced. People are allowed to follow their natural tendencies here at least. Not so in other matters, but that is another discussion.

There are many topics that are not included in standard American education and should be; or are included in name only, with no real meat in it. The latter include health and personal finance. Neither dig into the real challenges facing young people as they reach adulthood in the modern world, but simply regurgitate the same antiquated information presented a generation ago. The biggest deficit I see is in teaching critical thinking. This valuable skill or approach applies across the board to health, finance, politics, media, even relationships. Of course a population with strong critical thinking skills will be able to see through sophisticated marketing designed to part consumers from their money, or insidious political campaigns designed to elicit their votes or pare away their rights. We can't have that now, can we?
As of October 2020:
  • 30 states and DC require sex education to be taught
  • Only 22 states require that sex education, if provided, must be medically, factually or technically accurate. State definitions of “medically accurate" vary.
  • 36 states and DC allow parents to opt-out of sex education for their children.
The link between accurate, comprehensive sex education and lower rates of teen preganancy and STDs is well and long established. This evidence has never been enough to sway the legislatures - or the voting public - in those states where sex education is not provided, or is guided by religious agendas rather than science.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I am absolutely not going to homeschool my kids because I won't be having them.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Nice sunny day today. Beautiful day really.
constantine_hbo_tv_show_news.png