• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Speaking of global deaths, it seems that yesterday there was sudden and clear global record in daily deaths. Although that is probably because some countries did some revisions that pilled up.

worldometer

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Btw it seems that very large parts of Europe have mess up the pandemic issues over the last few weeks. Therefore this will probably require new lockdowns, at least on local level. Especially since the situation in many places is worse than it was back in April. Therefore lockdowns will probably be needed since now the virus is spreading into many areas that aren't that infected. What means that some countries are seeing clear records recently, some even went from double digits to four digits. There is a big difference between 36 and 1336.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm reticent to say this, but if they barely get sick then I'm concerned that'll 'confirm' it's mostly harmless and Team Itsjustaflu will go full steam ahead with the "the death count is being artificially inflated" narrative & pressure to restore normalcy. So I hope their recovery isn't that fast.

[Eta] And can I just say: they wouldn't have it if they hadn't been tested. That was a really stupid move.

It's really interesting to try to work backwards from the news and determine what strategies they were considering before announcing, especially after Trump was heckling Joe for wearing a mask all the time and touting how great he was for not doing it (although Joe brought up how Trump had a double-standard -- encouraging rallies without masks while locking down things in close proximity to him).

Like, were they considering not testing? Or even lying about the testing, to support the narrative? After the story about Hope broke, did they determine they just couldn't get away with not testing at that point?

Has he been noticeably sick in private, enough that they realized they could not longer hide it when the leaks would have started? (He hasn't been forthcoming in the past about his exact health, it's really clear about his weight for example; so people wouldn't likely trust him now if he had claimed to still have a clean bill.) And it would play terribly from the political side if he is making claims about COVID while being blatantly sick, so maybe they didn't have a choice? I guess we will find out more as time passes, but it makes you wonder about the real state of things if he was willing to announce a positive test.

It's also kind of disconcerting from the debate Tuesday. It's good they didn't shake hands or do anything in close proximity, but he was pushing a lot of air on that stage. I hope that distance was enough.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
What if the fuck lied about it just so he could get out of the next debate?

Or so he could later downplay the severity of Covid by saying it wasn’t any worse than a normal flu for him?

Either way, I wish Melania well. And Donald. Hopefully Baron is being kept far from both for the next few weeks.

This was my first thought too.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's sad that these things can no longer be taken at face value but as a potential strategy, as well as wondering what that strategy might be. (Not our fault, it's just become part of this daily reality of nothing potentially being what it seems.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm reticent to say this, but if they barely get sick then I'm concerned that'll 'confirm' it's mostly harmless and Team Itsjustaflu will go full steam ahead with the "the death count is being artificially inflated" narrative & pressure to restore normalcy. So I hope their recovery isn't that fast.

[Eta] And can I just say: they wouldn't have it if they hadn't been tested. That was a really stupid move.

True.

I mostly feel bad for the people that work in the kitchen or housekeeping and the grounds at the WH. I feel bad for them most days but it sounds like COVID is just ripping through the entire place now.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

It already happened in Brazil for the "tropical Trump". It aided people to get fully careless, with partys, full beaches, almost everybody working, reducing masks, spreading Chloroquine, etc... While aiding a stagnancy of cases close to the peak... And we had almost 3 months of peak with more than 1,000 people dying each day (1,500-2,000 actually).

If anyone deserves to get COVID it's Trump.

Well, true, I guess no one can really argue with that.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's sad that these things can no longer be taken at face value but as a potential strategy, as well as wondering what that strategy might be. (Not our fault, it's just become part of this daily reality of nothing potentially being what it seems.)

Well yeah, exactly. I like to give elected officials a chance to prove pundits and critics wrong. Trump had 3.5 years to do that and failed.

I really don’t wish Covid on anyone or intend to make light of his situation, just so difficult to believe anything he says, given his track record of lying

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It already happened in Brazil for the "tropical Trump". It aided people to get fully careless, with partys, full beaches, almost everybody working, reducing masks, spreading Chloroquine, etc... While aiding a stagnancy of cases close to the peak... And we had almost 3 months of peak with more than 1,000 people dying each day (1,500-2,000 actually).

Well, true, I guess no one can really argue with that.

Tropical Trump :laugh:

I like that.

Don’t forget that Teatime Trump aka Anglo Trump had Covid too.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If Covid kills enough of the world population, would we see any noticeable effects/decreases with carbon footprint/emissions over time?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
If Covid kills enough of the world population, would we see any noticeable effects/decreases with carbon footprint/emissions over time?

The world being on lockdown had an impact so I would imagine less people would equal noticeable effects for a longer period of time.

The amazing thing is if you do even a little research into the 1918-1920 flu, there is so much similarity it's amazing. One would think we would have improved as a country since then but nah, not really.

Lessons From the 1918 Flu Pandemic | Econofact

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The world being on lockdown had an impact so I would imagine less people would equal noticeable effects for a longer period of time.

The amazing thing is if you do even a little research into the 1918-1920 flu, there is so much similarity it's amazing. One would think we would have improved as a country since then but nah, not really.

Lessons From the 1918 Flu Pandemic | Econofact

I had read about the “Spanish flu” (name based on perceptions that it was worse there, not unlike certain misconceptions about COVID-19 ). We’re barely through the “1918” phase of Covid. It got a lot worse before it got better. And right around now, this is when we should be doubling down on the lockdowns and mask mandates.

Enclosed movie theaters reopening is the stupidest shit ever.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Not really. First of all COVID would need to kill hundreds of millions to make any difference. Especially since people that pollute more tend to have better healthcare. So the COVID will probably just kill mostly people that don't really pollute that much. I mean the emissions are rising each year so in a matter of years we would cover the drop of few hundred million in global population. Plus people are forgetting that CO2 that is already out can melt pretty much everything with time. Not to mention that global population is currently rising about 1/4 of a million every day if I am not mistaken. While it took COVID half a year to kill a single million.

So the math doesn't really work if someone wants to push these ideas. It would really need to get 100s of times worse to make a visible turn.
Although there is a hidden ace: the pandemic completely brakes global economy.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Especially if (going forward) it focuses on the part of the population that doesn't believe science. Although I realize that isn't quite clean cut (the younger mask/virus deniers are more likely to simply spread it than fall victim).

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's interesting how many people question it's veracity. I'm seeing a lot of doubt from my fb friends too.

I mostly feel bad for the people that work in the kitchen or housekeeping and the grounds at the WH.

Yeah.