• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Pinker85

This is a bit random but wanted to share the soap that works for me. Even prior to coronavirus I tended to wash my hands a lot and so have always been looking for a good soap as most dry out my hands. This soap in particular for my skin, not too dry but can crack with other soaps, can be bought in bulk from Costco and seems to work well. I fill up my old soap dispensers and think the cost is pretty good for the amount in the bottles.

imageService

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Be my guest, take the vaccine.

I’ll leave that to the guinea pigs, for now. I wasn’t suggesting they’re perfectly safe for widespread use yet— I was just making fun of the phrasing in the article/being an ass. Don’t mind me.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm actually curious! Do they just get used to wearing them all day and forget to take them off, or do they think they are protecting themselves?

I think there could be misunderstandings for some folks with local mandates. When this started, my grandmother thought you had to wear one whenever you left the house/were outside, or you’d get fined.

Probably a variety of reasons/misunderstandings, is my guess. :shrug:

Jaguar

I'm actually curious! Do they just get used to wearing them all day and forget to take them off, or do they think they are protecting themselves?

I think they probably forget to take it off. I do for maybe 20 seconds after throwing the groceries in the car and then say out loud: "What the fuck?"

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

I often find myself doing this after either if I've had to make a stop somewhere, or shortly after leaving work -- doing it moreso out of pure habit (I work in a very small office building and choose amd have gotten in the habit of keeping it on the entire day) than necessity in that moment. But I see others driving with them on and have wondered the same thing.

Jaguar

I often find myself doing this after either if I've had to make a stop somewhere, or shortly after leaving work -- doing it moreso out of pure habit (I work in a very small office building and choose amd have gotten in the habit of keeping it on the entire day) than necessity in that moment. But I see others driving with them on and have wondered the same thing.

You can actually breathe okay with a mask on all day?

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What the fuck is so difficult or upsetting about wearing a mask?

As far as I can tell, there's some belief that a big deal is being made of the virus which is a lie propagated to make Trump look bad. I keep seeing memes about 'freedom', and hyperbolic examples of individuals claiming it's about freedom - I suspect most people aren't THAT stupid, and that they believe it's rather a big lie. Trump has repeatedly directly claimed it's being blown wildly out of proportion (and a "hoax") just to make him look bad. And this is what the maskholes I know allude to when they bitch about it - not the 'freedom' aspect. Wearing a mask seems to be nothing more than the inverse of wearing a maga hat to these people (and many who do grunt "freedom!!" as their reason likely have this as an unspoken part of their reasoning - like it's just taken for granted that it's part of the answer).

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

No, they're protecting everyone else. If there's a serious accident, and they're ejected from their vehicle, there might be another ejected driver, passenger or pedestrian within six feet.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
As far as I can tell, there's some belief that a big deal is being made of the virus which is a lie propagated to make Trump look bad. I keep seeing memes about 'freedom', and hyperbolic examples of individuals claiming it's about freedom - I suspect most people aren't THAT stupid, and that they believe it's rather a big lie. Trump has repeatedly directly claimed it's being blown wildly out of proportion (and a "hoax") just to make him look bad. And this is what the maskholes I know allude to when they bitch about it - not the 'freedom' aspect. Wearing a mask seems to be nothing more than the inverse of wearing a maga hat to these people (and many who do grunt "freedom!!" as their reason likely have this as an unspoken part of their reasoning - like it's just taken for granted that it's part of the answer).

That's the rationale I keep hearing being tossed around amongst the conservatives I have the (dis)pleasure of overhearing their political talks -- they believe the virus exists, but the effects and numbers are being fabricated in an attempt to diminish the economic gains of the Trump administration, and thus harm his reelection chances. They think the covid death numbers are being grossly inflated and that Democrats want to keep the country shut down. People actually fucking believe this.

You gotta keep in mind that these people's ideologies are so entrenched in conspiracy theories that I'm surprised they believe a reality exists at all and life isn't one big matrix simulation.

I even heard one of these folks say that the George Floyd video was faked to incite racial tensions and that he's still alive somewhere. It took everything in me not to Shawn Michael's Superkick that dude in the face.

Jaguar

I even heard one of these folks say that the George Floyd video was faked to incite racial tensions and that he's still alive somewhere. It took everything in me not to Shawn Michael's Superkick that dude in the face.

HA!

Jaguar

THERE. ARE. PEOPLE. WHO. BELIEVE. THIS. SHIT.

Yet Global Warming is leftist fear-mongering...

There is a bizarre group of women who feel sorry for DT, kind of like the crazy women who wanted to have sex with Ted Bundy even though he was a serial killer.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You can actually breathe okay with a mask on all day?

A local (irl) friend of mine voluntarily wears a well-fitted N95 mask all day in a huge warehouse (that has no A.C. save for the break room). Standard 8 hour shifts. He says it’s super uncomfortable/takes getting used to, but he doesn’t get lightheaded or anything. Someone with asthma or other breathing problems would probably have a harder time with one of those on in a hot building like that, I’d imagine. I wear the same kind of mask when I do my monthly groceries, which takes an hour or so to do, & my asthma starts acting up around the time I get out there to load up the car. Uncomfortable, but preferable to Covid.

Chafing at the bridge of the nose & behind the ears has been an issue for that friend, and also for my roommate— she works in an office w/A.C., but moisture still builds up. There are some good chafing relief/prevention products that work pretty well, though (dimethicone-based barrier creams).

Mind Maverick

RTBTA—TWAIWPRWL
So basically, they're stupid enough to believe a global pandemic is all about one narcissistic president? Not surprised Trump thinks it's all about him because of his narcissism, but for other people to actually believe that is beyond insane.

EDIT:
Trump probably thinks it's all about him that way because...first of all, everything is all about the narcissist in their minds, but secondly, he probably can't take responsibility for how he's handled the pandemic situation poorly so he says it's a hoax designed to make him look bad because then he's the victim...also typical narcissist. It's a rationalization for things going wrong because a narcissist will never take responsibility for their own shit.