• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sure, being like obese presents some risks, but that's in general to be honest, and I doubt you can turn obese just because of a quarantine? Being slightly overweight doesn't change shit. Being physically fit has almost nothing to do with it. It's true young people are less affected, but doctors have yet to identify what triggers the severe cases even in young and otherwise healthy people, so there isn't a way for us to separate the people less at risk and the people at risk that cleanly. Even if you're asymptomatic you could still spread it to other people who aren't and eventually it spreads to someone who gets a severe case. You could still spread the virus to other people if you're not following quarantine.

Why would you take your children to McDonald's in the middle of a pandemic, wtf? You'd rather get your children to eat shitty food and play around than keep them safe?
#FirstWorldProblems

Yeah, haha, let's all go to McDonald's to lose weight! Lmao
Forget about working out from home or the gyms that're still open, this place is optimal.

Transparent attempt to rationalize to avoid a guilty conscience due to what Ramani was talking about being spot on.

I don't have a guilty conscience.

And being overweight puts people at a greater risk. People who were slightly overweight before are becoming obese. Also, it's general health thing. People do those recreational activities because it helps them feel better and happier. When you're isolated from your normal interactions with people, that makes you less well menatally. Some of these people are binging at home because that's all the relief they are getting anymore. Kids are stressed out too.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I don't have a guilty conscience.

And being overweight puts people at a greater risk. People who were slightly overweight before are becoming obese. Also, it's general health thing. People do those recreational activities because it helps them feel better and happier. When you're isolated from your normal interactions with people, that makes you less well menatally. Some of these people are binging at home because that's all the relief they are getting anymore. Kids are stressed out too.
Yes, and there is no solution or coping strategy for any of that whatsoever, right? Nevermind the pandemic killing people, we have to go to McDonald's to lose weight and deal with our stress! It's the only way!

Now I'm just starting to think you're a troll.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
[MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION] BTW, I didn't watch the video. I read the quote and it sounded like another one of those vitriolic things.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and there is no solution or coping strategy for any of that whatsoever, right?

Now I'm just starting to think you're a troll.

And I think you're mean and a few other derogatory things.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
[MENTION=36353]Hexcoder[/MENTION] BTW, I didn't watch the video. I read the quote and it sounded like another one of those vitriolic things.

- - - Updated - - -

And I think you're mean.
Then you shouldn't accuse people when you don't know what they're even talking about.

You lack concern for the health and safety of even your own children and you're trying to rationalize to feel better about the fact that you care more about usual methods of seeking pleasure than safety, and I'm the mean one? Lol why, because I see through the bullshit and speak the truth that you don't want to accept?

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then you shouldn't accuse people when you don't know what they're even talking about.

You lack concern for the health and safety of even your own children and you're trying to rationalize to feel better about the fact that you care more about usual methods of seeking pleasure than safety, and I'm the mean one? Lol why, because I see through the bullshit and speak the truth that you don't want to accept?

The children aren't super spreaders of the virus and they don't generally have severely poor health outcomes.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It is kinda telling how there tends to be less cases over the weekends.

What do you infer from that?

I've occasionally noticed it, but wondered if fewer people want to go get tested on a weekend, and prefer to have social activities. The average timeframe from contracting the virus to showing symptoms tends to be 5 days, so if people were getting tests on the day they first show symptoms, lower numbers on a Sunday would imply less exposure on Wednesdays. I'm not actually sure what it means.

Well, at leat here in Germany the reason is clear: the official numbers are collected by local health departments and then transmitted to the Rober Koch Institut. It' a question of administrative red tape as it often takes several days for local numbers to be published on a national level. Ass the local departments are closed on the weeksend there usually is a backlog in data transmission meaning low numbers on weeksends and high numbers at the beginning of the week.

I may be resurrecting an old trend, but I do miss someone 'countering-data' you.
[MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] gave strong arguments, although. Multiple sources is something of importance.

I don't have to time right now to check the source of that graph or of the numbers are correct but it DOES show significant ecxcess death. Those are usually connsidered the most reliable indicator for corona deaths.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I don't have to time right now to check the source of that graph or of the numbers are correct but it DOES show significant ecxcess death. Those are usually connsidered the most reliable indicator for corona deaths.
It relates to the reasoning that I had done a few pages ago..
If that graph is correct then the Corona Virus deaths for US are very likely boosted. However, as Coriolis pointed, that graph doesnt have a 'good source' (in short) and there are no multiple sources.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The children aren't super spreaders of the virus and they don't generally have severely poor health outcomes.

Not yet.

But there are 85 infants with COVID in TX and if they are stupid enough to open schools, kids will have it, spread it and die from it, guaranteed. No I'm not taking that chance. Not for the economy, not for vile fucks that spread it or for any politician that wants "normal".

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Not yet.

But there are 85 infants with COVID in TX and if they are stupid enough to open schools, kids will have it, spread it and die from it, guaranteed. No I'm not taking that chance. Not for the economy, not for vile fucks that spread it or for any politician that wants "normal".

I'm not sure if I believe that there are 85 infants in the hospitals in TX with it, considering that some people have accused the reporters of flat out lying. Hopefully, we will eventually get some raw data from these hospitals to show how many infant hospitalizations there are. I haven't come across such a thing yet.

Is the Texas Covid ‘Spike’ Fake News?

By Ron Paul

​On July 2nd, Texas Governor Greg Abbott issued an executive order mandating the wearing of face masks across the state, whether indoors or outdoors, when six feet cannot be maintained between people. In the governor’s decree, he cited a rise in Covid cases, a rise in test positivity, and a rise in hospitalizations as justification to force people to cover their faces in public.

The move is not only a violation of the civil liberties of all Texans. Abbott may have based his executive order on inaccurate information about a “rise” in Covid cases due to the Texas State Department of Health Services changing the definition of what constitutes a “Covid case.”

Thanks goes to Collin County Judge Chris Hill for blowing the whistle on what appears to be a move in mid-May to redefine what was a “Covid” case to open the door to a massive increase – all to match the mainstream media line that a “second wave” was on the way.

In a Commissioners Court hearing for Collin County on May 18th, it was revealed that while previously the determination of a Covid “case” was a confirmed test result, the definition was suddenly changed to count “probable” cases as “cases.” At the same time, the threshold for determining “probable” was lowered to a ridiculous level.

As Judge Hill said at that May 18th meeting, “If you have a subjective fever and you have a headache and you live in Collin County, you now meet the qualifications to be a probable COVID patient. It is remarkable how low the standard is now.”

Even worse, once a “probable” case was determined based on possibly unrelated subjective criteria, up to 15 people in possible contact with that “probable” case were also listed as “probable cases.” And “probable cases” were considered cases.

Repeat that farce across Texas and is it any wonder there was a “spike” in “cases”?

Also, Governor Abbott’s claim that hospitals were being over-run by Covid patients was refuted by the Houston hospital directors themselves, who said they were nowhere near actual capacity and in fact were about the same level as they were last year.

The basis for Abbott’s unconstitutional “executive order” has been shown to be false. Will he admit his mistake?

It is encouraging to see so many local and county officials across Texas announcing they will refuse to enforce Governor Abbott’s unconstitutional face mask order. Thankfully the spirit of freedom and love of liberty is still alive in Texas.

The “second wave” is driven by propaganda. Across the country, Covid testing increased from about 150,000 to more than 700,000 per day. You can’t drive through Houston without seeing a flurry of signs advertising “Free Covid test! Results in 15 minutes!” Last week Reuters reported that tests shipped around the country by the federal government were contaminated.

Deaths from coronavirus – even the deaths “with” coronavirus rather than deaths “from” coronavirus – are down more than 90 percent since the peak in April. The decline in deaths continues. That means we are closer to the “herd immunity” that will finally kill this virus. Yet Governor Abbott and others across the country see this as a reason to lock the country back down.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm not sure if I believe that there are 85 infants in the hospitals in TX with it, considering that some people have accused the reporters of flat out lying. Hopefully, we will eventually get some raw data from these hospitals to show how many infant hospitalizations there are. I haven't come across such a thing yet.

85 Texas babies have coronavirus in Nueces County since mid-March | The Texas Tribune

Texas coronavirus cases include more than 80 infants

Texas coronavirus cases include more than 80 infants - ABC News

Feel free to find other sources, there are pages of them. I never said they were in hospital and I would not advertise infants or minors in hospital and their condition - that's a HIPAA violation.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lying about what?

The numbers of covid cases have increased due to CDC changing how a case is registered. It started as a case was confirmed by a positive test. Now, "probable" cases are being considered cases and up to 12 people who have been in contact with a probable case can be registered as a case. It is dishonest that this is not being reported when the spikes in cases are reported. There have been other cases of dishonesty from the media and others. I'm just not really sure, due to that, what can be trusted.

Jaguar

A probable case or death is defined as:

A person meeting clinical criteria AND epidemiologic evidence with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19;
A person meeting presumptive laboratory evidence AND either clinical criteria OR epidemiologic evidence;
A person meeting vital records criteria with no confirmatory laboratory testing performed for COVID-19.

FAQ: COVID-19 Data and Surveillance | CDC

This isn't rocket science.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Well, toward clearly the newest poll that I have seen he has only +2. So that could "spill" in a few months from now.
The active cases have doubled over the last 30 days in the state, towards worldometer.

But but but....it's going to disappear in three months. I just read that. Because pandemics just do that, they disappear instantly! Right?

I remember the migrant caravan in 2018, barreling towards the southern border according to Trump, he hammered that talking point many times a day for months.

Why Trump is talking nonstop about the migrant caravan - POLITICO

Day after the election it magically disappeared and has never been mentioned again.