• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Trump assigns Pence to lead U.S. coronavirus response - Axios

Since the entire national security team for epidemic response was obliterated two years ago, I figured something like this would happen.

Mike Pence, Indiana’s governor during the worst HIV outbreak in the state’s history, being in charge of anything is the most concerned I've been about this virus since it began. What if he has to talk to doctors. That are women? Without his wife??

America, we had a good run.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Had anyone else had the fleeting concern that - since the places that'll potentially get hit the hardest are urban & suburban areas, and Trump's base is largely rural - 45's administration could cull opposing voters by slacking off, and then feed their rural base some narrative about how they did a great job and devastating reports to the contrary are just fake news (like 45 did re: fatality count after Puerto Rico hurricane)?

It's just that it's getting increasingly difficult to quiet "they can't possibly be that psychopathic, can they?" thoughts about these people. They've gone beyond simply confirming the worst for the past couple of years; they've actually consistently exceeded worst expectations.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Had anyone else had the fleeting concern that - since the places that'll potentially get hit the hardest are urban & suburban areas, and Trump's base is largely rural - 45's administration could cull opposing voters by slacking off, and then feed their rural base some narrative about how they did a great job and devastating reports to the contrary are just fake news (like 45 did re: fatality count after Puerto Rico hurricane)?

It's just that it's getting increasingly difficult to quiet "they can't possibly be that psychopathic, can they?" thoughts about these people. They've gone beyond simply confirming the worst for the past couple of years; they've actually consistently exceeded worst expectations.

I think that less Dem voters, the better as far as Trump and the GOP and let's face it, many Dem politicians, are concerned. If that means letting urban and suburban voters die or if it's just optics - look at the great job we did - I totally expect them to do it. And for their supporters to love it. Silently of course, don't want to appear to be too disgusting in public. I expect the most psychotic response to everything from this administration - their track record shows nothing less.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think that less Dem voters, the better as far as Trump and the GOP and let's face it, many Dem politicians, are concerned. If that means letting urban and suburban voters die or if it's just optics - look at the great job we did - I totally expect them to do it. And for their supporters to love it. Silently of course, don't want to appear to be too disgusting in public. I expect the most psychotic response to everything from this administration - their track record shows nothing less.
Even done publicly in the name of righteousness wouldn't be entirely surprising at this point. That's how far they've lowered expectations. Death to the unborn baby killing infidels!

53da24c5f901a8b53102aca3c22a1900.jpg

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Just a reminder that even though the markets are experiencing a downturn as a result of the coronavirus fears, we are still not too far from what would have been projected based on the market trajectory during Obama's presidency. It's also not uncommon for the market be more bearish during an election cycle. I've posted the graph below before (at least the historical info and the dotted trend-lines), but here it is again with updated info through today.

MIZqyeI.png

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
We should all pace in circles in our homes with duct tape over our facial orifices refreshing our live news feeds until we are physically unable to worry anymore because coma.

Tomb1

A global pandemic would drastically improve Bernie's chances of beating Trump in a general election if it were to ever tank the US economy (bernie can't win in a good economy)...in terms of being able to demagogue the global nature of the pandemic plays better into his primary scapegoats - capitalism and global-driven corporate greed - in so far as building strawman arguments go. Trump's primary scapegoats -- muslims and mexicans -- would be inapplicable for purposes of demagoguery.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Just a reminder that even though the markets are experiencing a downturn as a result of the coronavirus fears, we are still not too far from what would have been projected based on the market trajectory during Obama's presidency. It's also not uncommon for the market be more bearish during an election cycle. I've posted the graph below before (at least the historical info and the dotted trend-lines), but here it is again with updated info through today.

MIZqyeI.png

Yes but that is not the real issue. The issue is what happens if situation regarding the virus becomes much more serious (what is relatively realistic scenario). In other words USA sits on many tens of Trillions of debt, what is an avalanche that this virus can start.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol, none of Trump's cuts to the CDC etc. went through. Media is spewing lies again, saying he did and America is unprepared. They increased the funding.

Jaguar

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Key word >proposes, and its a twisted article. As this was created before the Corona virus became a thing. Trump doesn't create and pass laws. It is called checks and balances. Im pretty sure Trump just talked about funding the corona virus response like a day or two ago as well.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Some funny but misleading headlines I found:

Americans Not Drinking Corona Beer Due to Coronavirus

Corona beer sales are down because of coronavirus, says ...

A survey says 38% of drinkers won't touch Corona because of ...

Here's the real story:

What the Dubious Corona Poll Reveals

As a viral tweet by CNN put it, the survey supposedly found that 38 percent of Americans would not drink Corona, “because of the coronavirus.”

By all appearances, journalists working for outlets from CNN to the New York Post have failed this test. As a result, they have made themselves unwitting tools of a clever misinformation campaign. (Journalists for CNN, Vice, and the New York Post have not yet responded to messages asking for comment.)

It was probably Don Lemon. :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Some funny but misleading headlines I found:

Americans Not Drinking Corona Beer Due to Coronavirus

Corona beer sales are down because of coronavirus, says ...

A survey says 38% of drinkers won't touch Corona because of ...

Here's the real story:

What the Dubious Corona Poll Reveals

It was probably Don Lemon. :D

Do you even grasp why they keep using 38%?

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Perfect example why Globalization is a terrible idea. Like I explained many times before. Diverse nations, with different systems are important, because they can resist against different things that threaten society. The analogy I used before is bananas. It took one good plague to wipe out an entire species, because everyone relied on that one type. The other types of bananas are soon following, because no one learned their lesson.

If there is anything brought to light due to the corona virus, is how reliant some countries are on others. It tells us why boarders are a good thing. Do people that want to abolish ICE and havenopen boarders now realize that having a boarder is protecting them from a more prevalent outbreak? Probably not, but Greece will serve an example real quick.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Perfect example why Globalization is a terrible idea. Like I explained many times before. Diverse nations, with different systems are important, because they can resist against different things that threaten society. The analogy I used before is bananas. It took one good plague to wipe out an entire species, because everyone relied on that one type. The other types of bananas are soon following, because no one learned their lesson.

If there is anything brought to light due to the corona virus, is how reliant some countries are on others. It tells us why boarders are a good thing. Do people that want to abolish ICE and havenopen boarders now realize that having a boarder is protecting them from a more prevalent outbreak? Probably not, but Greece will serve an example real quick.

How did the bubonic plague spread? No globalization" to speak of but there was trade and movement. You planning to advocate getting rid of both of those too? Do you think this is the first time there has been an epidemic in the US? The rest of your post is usual right wing talking points.

Seriously, get a flu shot so you won't suck resources away from health care providers and wash your fucking hands.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Two cases of coronavirus found in Washington nursing home

I believe the shit's just hit the fan and hard.

One health worker at the nursing home, who is in her 40s, was found to have the virus. The other infected person is a 70-year-old resident. State officials said another 27 residents of the nursing home and 25 staff are reporting symptoms similar to COVID-19, which involve fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.

There are probably thousands with it in the USA and don't know it. The 25 staffers who have symptoms have probably spread it to dozens and those have spread it to thousands.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That sucks. This was inevitable I suppose. Since I have relatively severe asthma, I suppose I'm at higher risk than others. I was invited to attend a client meeting in northern Italy this coming week. I told them I could join via skype :)