• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Of course. And it will continue to mutate and produce more and more variants. A combination of refusal of places like the US to not look at getting every person on the planet vaccinated and all the "you do you" happening worldwide.

I agree, at this rate this is probably without an end.
However what I can't believe is that the authorities that supposedly care so much about this issue aren't any better in practice. Basically the main reason why this variant is spreading is because some tourists where in South Africa, because there is now late spring. I mean how the hell can you allow tourists or anyone to wonder unmonitored areas ? So that they bring back whatever they pick up out there without plenty of checks and quarantines. Especially since this is how some previous variants or diseases where spread across the globe and therefore this is hardly any news and anyone knows this. You simply can't have moral/medical authority over people when you allow this kinds of stuff over and over. Because your logic doesn't really add up in this case and that is dangerous since it opens you for political attacks.

While currently there is no real way that any country will clean itself up permanently if people just wonder around the world since that constantly brings the virus back (even if we ignore the problems with variants). This is especially if the vaccines aren't allowed to be produced everywhere. Because without that there is basically no way that you can cover the world in a way that everyone is in the phase before the vaccine starts to fade in it's effect (even if everyone takes it). What means there is no real end to this and therefore when summed this is all resulting in the mess we are in. Anti vax people would never become so loud in the case that official policies are more serious and that they logically add up. Therefore since this trust is evidently fading it is possible that the world we all knew is literally done. If the new variant is at least close to what many think it is we have to remake the vaccines (that are already losing desired effect even without this). What means that if we start to vaccinate in Spring from scratch we evidently wouldn't be over globally before another COVID winter (especially since we have 2 hemispheres) . Therefore at that point so far ahead there will be some new variant(s) and hell will brake lose in economic and political way before the pandemic is brought under control. So if Omircron is what they think it is we are probably doomed to living in "new normal" and what comes out of it in the end. What sadly was totally preventable outcome.

MagmaFenek

Oh, is that the same Luc Montagnier, a retired octagenarian HIV researcher, who claimed that...
a) AIDS can be cured by eating a healthy diet
b) believes in the magical "water memory" theory at the basis of homeopathy and
c) made false claims about the DNA structure of SARS-COV2 supposedly proving the virus escaped from a lab?

You know, the guy whose Wikipedia entry states "He has been criticised by other academics for using his Nobel prize status to "spread dangerous health messages outside his field of knowledge"". That one?
What would you type him ?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
arsowdb6pgf0sxtcvang

It is spreading.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
OmicronCases-world-Dec1.jpg

It is kinda funny that most developed places are first.
What suggests that it is already all over the place but no one is really searching it.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Worldometer: South Africa

November 23th: 868 new cases
December 1th: 8561 new case

It is true that they probably started to test more but still the statistic doesn't look too promising.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Plus this will be the worst day in US after a while. Since a number of states is having the worst day since last winter.

Now the count is at 100 000 but when all is summed it will probably around 130 000. The rust belt seem to be the worst part of the country at this point.

Last edited:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm at a bit of a loss about vaccination mandates. I personally value freedom and am low control when in authority. There are also already many public health mandates, including wearing pants in public and several required vaccinations. I can see both sides of the issue and don't want people feeling invaded and controlled, but also cannot personally relate to being upset about the vaccine. I'm thankful for it myself. It seems reasonable enough to get vaccinated during a pandemic. I would tend to support as much freedom as can facilitate comparable public health outcomes, which is admittedly much more difficult sans vaccine.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As one of my local hospital doctors said into the camera: In the building behind me there is plenty of people on ventilators and I can tall you that these people are anything but free.

So we should probably deal with abstract moral issues once the concrete threat is out of the picture.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm at a bit of a loss about vaccination mandates. I personally value freedom and am low control when in authority. There are also already many public health mandates, including wearing pants in public and several required vaccinations. I can see both sides of the issue and don't want people feeling invaded and controlled, but also cannot personally relate to being upset about the vaccine. I'm thankful for it myself. It seems reasonable enough to get vaccinated during a pandemic. I would tend to support as much freedom as can facilitate comparable public health outcomes, which is admittedly much more difficult sans vaccine.
This seems like such a bizarre statement although I've heard it many times. How exactly do people think we (as a species) stop disease? Or maybe they have no inkling that antibiotic resistance is a real thing which renders treatment pointless so prevention is the only option.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Pennsylvania +9100 (the worst day since January)
Ohio +9100 (the worst day since January)
Wisconsin +6100 (the worst day since November 2020)
Missouri +3500 (the worst day since August)
Maryland +1800 (the worst day since April)
New Jersey +4400 (the worst day since April)
Vermont +624 (the worst day since day 1)

Also:

Worldometer South Africa
Rising fast and today there is already new record +11500

Worldometer Switzerland
Record numbers

Worldometer Slovakia
Per capita this is supposedly the worst surge worldwide.

Worldometer South Korea
Record number (and today is even bigger new record)

UK +54000
Germany +73000
France +48000

Etc Etc.
Therefore this is evidently far from over. We don't even need a new variant to have a mess.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
coronavirus-variant-tracker-promo-1612823533731-videoSixteenByNineJumbo1600-v55.png

At this point this can't be stopped anymore and it will spread everywhere. Especially since poorer countries don't have the means to detect it or even block it.