• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
This neither requires living in the USA nor on Mars to understand:

You just forgot to quote or even having a referring to me again.
Suddenly people stop doing that on the whole thread with me, except [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION].

I am still firm into my point, because prioritizing criminals for vaccine is still prioritizing the life of a criminal over a citizen, even with the risk at point. There are people who work in places that are also crowded but won't be prioritized, like people at restaurants, people at public transportation, and etc.. because the quarantine has not held strong.

If the US legal system is worse than it used to be or US isn't really what it used to be (V.G.), then ok, perhaps there would be an exception because of that, even so I highly doubt if it is random enough.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
This 95% effective (100% if you count dramatically reducing severity) vaccine coming out took all of 2 days to engineer. It's existed since last February, we've just been waiting on testing all this time.

Capitalism to world: You're Welcome, yet again.

Mole

Permabanned
Oz is in an enviable position, we can afford to wait and see how the various vaccines perform in effectiveness and safety, without new infections and without losing any lives. Yes, we will wait and see and watch the rest of world trial the various vaccines, and we will take our first vaccine next March, 2021.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You just forgot to quote or even having a referring to me again.
Suddenly people stop doing that on the whole thread with me, except [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION].

I am still firm into my point, because prioritizing criminals for vaccine is still prioritizing the life of a criminal over a citizen, even with the risk at point. There are people who work in places that are also crowded but won't be prioritized, like people at restaurants, people at public transportation, and etc.. because the quarantine has not held strong.

If the US legal system is worse than it used to be or US isn't really what it used to be (V.G.), then ok, perhaps there would be an exception because of that, even so I highly doubt if it is random enough.

And this is exactly what I am trying to point out, that you kinda think about this in a wrong way. You seem to presume that a criminal can't be a citizen and for me that is backwards colonial thinking. I mean take a look at the example made by ceecee. Do you honestly think that this scenario justifies someone getting the virus ? Especially since quite a good chunk of people ended there for some similar reason. The prisoners shouldn't be absolute top priority but they have to be to certain degree since prison is a good place to spread the virus.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
And this is exactly what I am trying to point out, that you kinda think about this in a wrong way. You seem to presume that a criminal can't be a citizen and for me that is backwards colonial thinking. I mean take a look at the example made by ceecee. Do you honestly think that this scenario justifies someone getting the virus ? Especially since quite a good chunk of people ended there for some similar reason. The prisoners shouldn't be absolute top priority but they have to be to certain degree since prison is a good place to spread the virus.

I may be too much optimistic with the legal system to believe that [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] is an exception, not the rule... But if the legal system is that bad, then you are probably right.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I may be too much optimistic with the legal system to believe that @<a href="https://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/4050.html" target="_blank">ceecee</a> is an exception, not the rule... But if the legal system is that bad, then you are probably right.

This is a good video with a general overview of what municipal violations can do to poor and lower class people all over this country. I assure you, I was not the exception at all.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I may be too much optimistic with the legal system to believe that [MENTION=4050]ceecee[/MENTION] is an exception, not the rule... But if the legal system is that bad, then you are probably right.

I will leave you to do the research if interested but US seems to have the highest level of imprisoned people in the whole world. Both absolute numbers and per capita. What kinda suggests on it's own that there is something wrong with how the the whole system works. Especially since open dictatorships seem to have less prisoners per capita. Therefore based on that I don't think that Ceecee is that big of a exception.

So vaccinating people in prisons fairly early shouldn't be that much of a controversy in my book. I mean here the state if responsible for what happens to people in prison and therefore I just don't see controversy. Especially since the logic is going towards fixing milder criminal cases instead of just punishing them. So if prisons can organize voting in elections the vaccines aren't really that much of jump once crucial groups get a shot.

Call it as you will but that is my logic.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So if prisons can organize voting in elections the vaccines aren't really that much of jump once crucial groups get a shot.

LOL. Now it's my turn to say "they aren't up to that standard yet". Only two of the fifty federal states in the USA allow inmates to vote. Here in Europe it's normal for inmates to be allowed to vote (and the European Court of Human Rights has confirmed this is a basic right the state can't automatically take away from prisoners), but not in the United States.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
LOL. Now it's my turn to say "they aren't up to that standard yet". Only two of the fifty federal states in the USA allow inmates to vote. Here in Europe it's normal for inmates to be allowed to vote (and the European Court of Human Rights has confirmed this is a basic right the state can't automatically take away from prisoners), but not in the United States.

That was kinda the whole point of adding the voting into the mix. That prisoners aren't by definition scum (at least not everywhere).
Therefore they may as well get a vaccine on time.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
By the numbers yesterday global records in new cases and deaths have fallen and it seem that today it could be the same.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

that's really amazing! :shock:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know the majority of people here have awareness and respect for this current pandemic nightmare, this literal world of hurt, but I've recently come to feel the need to state the obvious. After someone close to me accused me of making up influenza death totals for the past five flu seasons instead of saying they are the same as COVID-19 deaths, I think it needs to be explicitly stated that:

No one WANTS to believe there is a pandemic.

It doesn't provide emotional satisfaction for me to believe it. I am not motivated to tell lies to get people to think it. I would love to indulge in pandemic denial and get all sassy and not give a shit. That's easy. Of course that is what everyone wants emotionally. Accepting truths that hurt, a reality that is a nightmare is not the easy way out.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Rick Santelli loses his mind. As usual.

The vaccine push has less to do with saving lives and much more to do with what this chud screaming about. I don't want to be inconvenienced, I don't want my money impacted, I don't really give a shit about the economy - unless it's my own.... These fucking husks.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
The vaccine push has less to do with saving lives and much more to do with what this chud screaming about. I don't want to be inconvenienced, I don't want my money impacted, I don't really give a shit about the economy - unless it's my own.... These fucking husks.

I wonder how long he can stay off his impaling spike before he has to recharge his horrible facsimile of unlife..:dry:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Rick Santelli loses his mind. As usual.
I have heard this argument and see the reasoning is backwards. People packed into Lowe's or Walmart aren't that safe. Allowing mass shopping doesn't prove it's safe. It's not a reason to assume church and restaurants are safe, it's a reason to organize more curbside pickup and delivery from stores.

Church and restaurants provide environments to expel droplets and aerosols more focused through conversation and singing for 1-2 hour duration in an enclosed space, but that doesn't mean an environment like large shopping stores are safe with hundreds of people walking down every isle.

i don't go to restaurants, churches, or even the grocery store. Before I quit groceries I went first thing in the morning and ordered what I could for delivery. My friend recently hospitalized with Covid-19 can only trace possible contagion to the grocery store because she was very safe.

Also politicians taking their families to restaurants does not prove it's safe, it proves they are stupid and careless.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Curious, how is high school dropout in Germany ? From what I have seen our two countries have quite similar rate of people that end up in prison and they are both small (about 13% of US rate). However here if there are some problematic students the system is still trying to push them do finish the school. Since today without a high school you are probably nothing and therefore you are likely to become a problem. Therefore since you have lower amount of people in prisons you may as well give them the right to vote and the vaccines to reduce social alienation. What also matters when they eventually come out. (free college also probably helps in all this)

I mean this graph pretty well explains certain attitudes in this thread when it comes to this set of issues.