• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It seems that today global daily record of new cases is again at risk of falling.

Plus

Spain: +10 700
France: + 9800 (daily record)

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Have you looked into who the author is?

From what I can tell, he has a PhD in industrial/organizational psychology, and he is a student in the school of public health PhD program. That seems to be an ideal background for analyzing the root cause of organizational decision-making failure, as well as the statistics and assumptions behind the statistics.

Jaguar

Exaggerated levels of fear were driven by sensationalist media coverage during the COVID19 pandemic.

Were. During. As if the pandemic is in the past?

Lastly, severe mitigating measures during the COVID-19 pandemic caused considerable global social and economic disruption.

Caused, as in past tense? That's twice now.

No, the pandemic is not in the past, no matter how many joints you smoke or how many unicorns visit your room at night while you're sleeping.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Spain: +12 200 (record day)

I really don't get it. At this point they are by far the most hit country in Europe and they just fail over and over in containing the pandemic. I watched some reports and it seems that people there are just too relaxed about all this.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

I really don't get it. At this point they are by far the most hit country in Europe and they just fail over and over in containing the pandemic. I watched some reports and it seems that people there are just too relaxed about all this.

That and they don't take even basic safety measures. Much like here.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
That and they don't take even basic safety measures. Much like here.

Lol, now it says only 4700 for today. I mean they are hiding the number of active cases for months, while sometimes they don't report their numbers on certain sites for a day or two (and they just keep it like this). It is a mess that really didn't have to be.

Anyway India +97600

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Flu now killing five times more people than Covid-19 | The Week UK

Flu and pneumonia are now killing five times as many people as the coronavirus, according to the most recent figures from the Office for National Statistics (ONS).

In the last week of July, 193 deaths were recorded as a result of coronavirus, a 19-week low, while 928 people died of flu and pneumonia in the same period, The Times reports.

It was the seventh week in a row that more people have died of flu and pneumonia than Covid-19.

No lockdowns or shutdowns? No endless fatality and infection counts in the media?

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

As Tommy Wiseau would say, “that’s life”

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NYT: Trump appointees at the Health and Human Services Department have meddled in the C.D.C.’s weekly disease reports.

The reports, which one former top health official called the “holiest of the holy” in agency literature, are written largely for scientists and public health experts, to update them on trends in infectious diseases, not only the coronavirus but also other outbreaks around the country. They are guarded so closely by agency staff that political appointees only see them just before they are published.

The reports became the subject of intense scrutiny this summer by Michael Caputo, a Republican political operative and former Trump campaign official the White House installed as the top spokesman at the department in April, despite his having no background in health.

[...]

In emails obtained by Politico and confirmed to The Times by a health official with direct knowledge of them, Mr. Alexander accused C.D.C. scientists of attempting to “hurt the president,” referring to the weekly reports as “hit pieces on the administration.” Mr. Alexander asked Dr. Robert R. Redfield, the C.D.C. director, to edit reports that had already been published that he believed overstated the risks of the virus for children and undermined the administration’s efforts to encourage school reopenings.

Authoritarianism 103: when scientists find information that's inconvenient to the authoritarian and it's too much work (or not possible) to discredit that information in the proper scientific fashion, posit the motivation of making that authoritarian "look bad" into the scientists to discredit their work.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also:

b4825173873eab72d8adbd9394b35938.png