• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I still don't know where they were from or what company they worked for. It wouldn't be unusual though for them to all be from the same town or village. They were living in containers directly on the construction site and supposedly didn't have much contact with local citizens. They are all doing well and spending quarantine in the containers except for two who had already left and could only be informed tgst they should selfisolate whereever they are now. The noninfected remaining workers where moved into single hotel rooms at tax payer cost to avoid further infections.

That depends on how large is the construction site. If it is a dozen or so people building a small object it is possible they came over a single link/contractor.
At this point our cases that show up every few days seem to be linked with abroad. (Truckers, people working in Germany or neighboring countries, woman coming home from US over Germany with a plane ... etc.)

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I was wrong sicne it is +142.500 in the end, what is new daily record for the world.
I didn't expect the worst day in Brazil, with +37 000. What broke the math.

Did you know that number didnt make it on the local media on different websites?
There is nothing mentioning it.
I have no idea what broke the math.

EDIT: I no longer watch it on TV and of course I havent explored it super deeply.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Did you know that number didnt make it on the local media on different websites?
There is nothing mentioning it.
I have no idea what broke the math.

EDIT: I no longer watch it on TV and of course I havent explored it super deeply.

What broke the math is the very bad day in Brazil (at least toward worldometer). So the sum of everything was closer to 140 000 than 130 000 that I have expected.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy sh*t!

Germany was down to 250 new infections this morning (+/- depending on your source)... and then 400 workers got sick at a meat packing factory.

Once again the damn meat industry. I read it might be a mixture of the cold and physically demanding work with lots of shouting due to background noise.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Holy sh*t!

Germany was down to 250 new infections this morning (+/- depending on your source)... and then 400 workers got sick at a meat packing factory.

Once again the damn meat industry. I read it might be a mixture of the cold and physically demanding work with lots of shouting due to background noise.

7000 people were ordered to quarantine, all because of this one meat processing company.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
What broke the math is the very bad day in Brazil (at least toward worldometer). So the sum of everything was closer to 140 000 than 130 000 that I have expected.

Oh, I thought by broken math you meant the sudden rise of Brazil infections.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
7000 people were ordered to quarantine, all because of this one meat processing company.

Another factor besides the working conditions is the terrible living conditions. Quite a few seem to be (I assume yet again Eastern European) migrant workers living in very close quarters.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Another factor besides the working conditions is the terrible living conditions. Quite a few seem to be (I assume yet again Eastern European) migrant workers living in very close quarters.

On the top of that I would dare to add that here business and various other circles have provoked almost complete normalization of everything due to very good numbers. However with that the days with 0 new cases have ceased. Plus there is evidently internet anti-medical campaign that is being done and is supported across whole/most political spectrum. Thus far the numbers are minimal but before you know it this can turn into a serious problem, especially by allowing the personal traveling with countries where things evidently aren't really under control. Yes, the life has to go on but undoing working from home where there is no real need for that, scraping many sanitary measures or pretending that the problem is gone forever simply aren't constructive moves. The problem will almost surely show itself again with current strategy.

Btw. take a look at the curve of active cases in this particular case. This IS second wave.

Worldometer - NM

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Towards debt clock it seems that total US debt was risen over night from 77.5T to 79.5T. However public debt didn't jump and that means that the debt is private one. Any ideas about what this is about ? After all this is almost one annual federal budget and I can't find explanation. (if the change is real)

Plus one more interesting fact is that US credit card debt is dropping fast, what is understandable. People are saving everything they can.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
There's this bit of fake news making rounds on conservative media: Is California separating children from parents with covid-19?

I've got to say, scaring people into believing their children will be removed if they test positive is a pretty effective way to discourage testing (and to keep the numbers down).

A Hospital’s Secret Coronavirus Policy Separated Native American Mothers From Their Newborns — ProPublica

I'm inclined to believe Pro Publica though.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
For today +133 000 and we are not done, therefore Brazil alone has a shot of spilling the glass over yesterday's record of 142 500. One more day like yesterday and that is it.

Plus US for the first time passed the 1 200 000 active known cases line towards worldometer.
Saudi Arabia +4 900
Germany +1800
South Africa +4000
India +13 000
Pakistan +5800
Bangladesh +4000

Etc. Etc.

Worldometer

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
On the top of that I would dare to add that here business and various other circles have provoked almost complete normalization of everything due to very good numbers. However with that the days with 0 new cases have ceased. Plus there is evidently internet anti-medical campaign that is being done and is supported across whole/most political spectrum. Thus far the numbers are minimal but before you know it this can turn into a serious problem, especially by allowing the personal traveling with countries where things evidently aren't really under control. Yes, the life has to go on but undoing working from home where there is no real need for that, scraping many sanitary measures or pretending that the problem is gone forever simply aren't constructive moves. The problem will almost surely show itself again with current strategy.

The government and authorities are mobilizing before the problem shows it's face again. Since personal responsibility wouldn't really do it. Things got too loose.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Also, my roommate said this was circulating on social media the other day:

CawRcjO.jpg

If you’re high risk for complications, I would recommend staying home on the 20th, if you can.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
AMC won't require face masks when theaters reopen to avoid 'political controversy' - Business Insider

A pandemic isn’t political. Taking precautions to reduce the transmission of infectious disease isn’t political. That’s utter crap. I suspect they just want to make sure patrons will buy popcorn & soft drinks, so they can make enough money to scrape by/stay open. :dont:

That is so foolish. Theaters seem a very high risk place, especially if people start laughing. Yet another reason this should be the summer of drive in theaters. :dont:

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That is so foolish. Theaters seem a very high risk place, especially if people start laughing. Yet another reason this should be the summer of drive in theaters. :dont:

Yeah, my local drive-in is playing old movies at a discount (JAWS & the like). And the park is gonna play movies on a projector on their stage in a field for free.