• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Wars Thoughts

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think for Rogue One it was a given, and the early drafts didn't kill everyone -- it didn't work. So that's how we got what we got.

Plus even Leia's ship is screwed. She only lives because Luke saves her.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
I think for Rogue One it was a given, and the early drafts didn't kill everyone -- it didn't work. So that's how we got what we got.

Plus even Leia's ship is screwed. She only lives because Luke saves her.

What happens on Mimban stays in Mimban. The Things he does for love.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Then the girl who left him, had joined the rebels, and comes back and seduces han into helping her pull a big job and she'll sun away with him like she promised all those years ago; and Han recruits the other smugglers to pull it off which they do. She and the rebels then rob all the smugglers, and then she refuses to leave with him, breaking his heart again. She was killed on her next mission which Han warned her would happen. She died thinking of him, and he got news of her death in the Mos Eisley Cantina after Jabba game him one more change to pay him back. So Han Solo is drinking when some old man and a farm boy come in with two droids, and thats where the trilogy ends.
Wasn't she one of the Rebel spies, though? One of the people mentioned in whatever was the equivalent of Scarif in the timeline of the book.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
There is something about Ferrix that feels more lived in than any other Star Wars environment. Somehow, maybe because of all of the brick, it really reminds me of places I've lived. Places I've stayed for the long haul.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Palpatine is just way too old to be in charge of the empire, this footage proves it -- get someone younger in office!

---

Yeah, my favorite lines that I like to say out loud to myself:
- Noooo noooo nooooo (Palpatine)
- Unlimited powaaah (Palpatine)
- The POW-uh we are dealing with here is immeasurable (Krennic) -- Mendelsohn must have really been trying to channel Palpatine on purpose, lol

The Cat

Staff member
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...​

An order of echani knights practicing a deadly form of martial art joined with an order of telepathic monks known jedai and over the years their two philosophies merged into the Jedi Knights...

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I'm wary of this new Rey movie. Keep in mind I actually like the character, apart from that damned "special bloodline." But I'm just expecting a remake of The Force Awakens, which is not something I want.

Taika's movie might be decent, though.

The Cat

Staff member
I'm wary of this new Rey movie. Keep in mind I actually like the character, apart from that damned "special bloodline." But I'm just expecting a remake of The Force Awakens, which is not something I want.

Taika's movie might be decent, though.
Child me never thought it would happen, but here's adult me honestly saying, I dont think I care about Star Wars anymore, I dont hate it, I'll always have tales from Jabba's Palace. If they decide to make a series based on Bill Burr's character from the Mandalorian, I'll tune in for that. If they put one more skyfucker named character across the banner, I'll probably just skip it on general principle. Brand loyalty is for colas and sex toys not art. Disney could branch star wars into something that has a place for kids and adults, but i doubt disney will ever seriously market star wars to a more mature adience, dispite how much that audience is all but begging for it. Im not even suggesting it has to be sexual in nature, though id love a world where people were chill enough for that to happen. But a gritty detective series set on coruscant, a dark comedy office style adult animation of the rank and file empire troops. An apocalyspse now style psychologicial thriller of an Imperial Spec Ops team bringing in a Jedi remnant who stumbled upon a Sith Temple and is now a dark side cult leader and Mara Jade has been sent with some elite trooper spec ops, while back home the Empire is spitting out propaganda about the evil jedi remnant, and one of the propaganda agents begins to discover their force sensetive. Fuck at this point I would love a mock nature documentary about life on Star Wars planets narrated by Liam Neeson and Ewan MacGregor. I'd listen to Ian McDairmond condescend to me about how the imperial governement worked. I want Kieth David to narrate the major battles of the Star Wars universe like its a civil war documentary. Really anything would be better than another Skyfucker centered focus. That being said. I enjoyed Rey, she deserved better than what she got, all those kids did. I hope they dont try to force feed the babies another helping of the same poor food. But somehow I doubt it. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got to take this payment to Jabba the Hutt or I'm gonna have every bounter hunter from here to Oord Mantell out gunning for me.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I kind of monitor Star Wars and might or might not watch new shows, but pretty much I don't care much aside from game properties because they have typically pulled through for me the way that the movies and shows have not in general.

Like, parts of The Last Jedi, pretty much the whole experience of TROS, and the shows in general have just deadened my feeling towards the franchise. Andor was decent but it can't win over all the goodwill I lost because I have to view it as a one-off -- an anomaly not indicative of their typical programming. (I'm pretty much feeling this way about MCU as well, in general, although I'm curious about what the Echo and Daredevil revisions will amount to. I am very enthusiastic about Spider-Verse, though.)

Pretty much it's Disney. Their quality has gone down all around. Wish tanked in November too and probably won't recover the way Elemental did. Blame it all on Disney. They bombed after Endgame and most of their principal directors and writers left, and they tanked on Star Wars -- TFA was basically a solid foundation to start but its long-term value would be determined by what followed and the second two films bombed. Disney is too risk-adverse to make anything good anymore, and they don't know how to screen and oversee their directing/writing talents. Maybe their casting has typically been decent, but that can't save a film or show.

--

Getting back to Rey. I've always liked Rey and Daisy Ridley, even with a bit of the Mary Sue thing in TFA. But Disney just really left such a bad taste after TLJ and TROS that I honestly feel ill whenever I consider her character and I can't possibly imagine them making a show about Rey that will crawl out from that hole they left Star Wars in. Never say never... but freaking unlikely fer sher.

Which is a shame. Despite the weirdness of killing off Snoke (and then ruining him in TROS after his death, lol), I will always wonder what might have happened if Disney had cajones and Rey had at least temporarily taken Ren's hand when he told her she had value to him there in the throne room. That's the kind of daring shit that would have put Disney back on the map if they could then tell a compelling story from that (even if she ends up with the Light, in the end). That's what I mean: Disney just refuses to take risks, I think killing off Han was the biggest risk they did in the final trilogy, and it wasn't really a surprise since Ford had wanted out so many times in the past and we all knew the SW cast was aging and moving out of the center.

I also want to see those deleted scenes with Jyn. Remember in the trailer they talked about a criminal record? I want to see that version/side of Jyn, out of sheer curiosity.
That would have been pretty interesting, lol. I bet she was quite the scallywag, trained by terrorists, living off her wits and skill and speed. She didn't seem to have a vendetta, she just wanted to be left alone and take care of herself.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I confess I'm burnt out on Star Wars, too. Going to one of these movies used to be an event. Now it just has come to feel like "content." Unless the trailers were extremely good, I'm not sure I would see the next film in theaters. I think the double-whammy of Solo and The Rise of Skywalker combined with mediocre shows like Boba Fett and Obi-Wan Kenobi have confirmed for me that my initial enthusiasm for "Disney Star Wars" was entirely misplaced. I never even finished Kenobi once I realized the series was going to center around a kid Leia who acts exactly the same as her character in the OT (I do give Solo credit for doing the opposite), but I realize it's probably a bad thing about a show or movie if the one thing you can say you like about it is the production design.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"Content" -- oooh, that's a great word!
Because for Disney, that is what it is.

I never even watched Mando s3 or Boba Fett.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
"Content" -- oooh, that's a great word!
Because for Disney, that is what it is.

I never even watched Mando s3 or Boba Fett.
I liked Mando Season 3 at first but by the finale it got to be too much. There's also the fact that I'm suffering from Baby Yoda fatigue.

I read something suggesting Baby Yoda returning to the Mandalorian was a mistake, and I'm inclined to agree with that. I had my doubts about it when it first happened. But because it's content, there's no way it wasn't going to happen, unfortunately. Grogu is too popular a character and I can imagine Disney didn't want kids tuning into the "Baby Yoda" show and going "Daddy, where's Baby Yoda?". It would make for better stories if Mando only returned to him once a season, but there was no way that was going to happen.

The moment I think I started to feel Baby Yoda fatigue: Season 3 had him riding in IG-11 like a mech, and I'm just like "you know I'm sure lots of people love this, but I really don't find this amusing or care about this in any way". Everyone liked it when the character was introduced because his species is extremely rare, making him super mysterious. But he's almost taken over the show at this point; the character is hanging around for no other reason than he's popular and it's not that interesting. (At least his first words weren't "Did I do that?")

I'm also really "looking forward" to the confirmation that Yoda and Yaddle fucked, and yes, Grogu is their son. Because this is Star Wars, everyone has to be related to someone we already know, and we've only ever seen two other members of that entire species. There is simply no way that Grogu is not Yoda's son. It's a terrible idea but it's part of the damn formula.

*sigh* Waiti's comments have given me reason to hope a little for something decent. He *sounds* like he gets it. That doesn't mean he'll deliver though.

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
I liked Mando Season 3 at first but by the finale it got to be too much. There's also the fact that I'm suffering from Baby Yoda fatigue.

I read something suggesting Baby Yoda returning to the Mandalorian was a mistake, and I'm inclined to agree with that. I had my doubts about it when it first happened. But because it's content, there's no way it wasn't going to happen, unfortunately. Grogu is too popular a character and I can imagine Disney didn't want kids tuning into the "Baby Yoda" show and going "Daddy, where's Baby Yoda?". It would make for better stories if Mando only returned to him once a season, but there was no way that was going to happen.

The moment I think I started to feel Baby Yoda fatigue: Season 3 had him riding in IG-11 like a mech, and I'm just like "you know I'm sure lots of people love this, but I really don't find this amusing or care about this in any way". Everyone liked it when the character was introduced because his species is extremely rare, making him super mysterious. But he's almost taken over the show at this point; the character is hanging around for no other reason than he's popular and it's not that interesting. (At least his first words weren't "Did I do that?")

I'm also really "looking forward" to the confirmation that Yoda and Yaddle fucked, and yes, Grogu is their son. Because this is Star Wars, everyone has to be related to someone we already know, and we've only ever seen two other members of that entire species. There is simply no way that Grogu is not Yoda's son. It's a terrible idea but it's part of the damn formula.

*sigh* Waiti's comments have given me reason to hope a little for something decent. He *sounds* like he gets it. That doesn't mean he'll deliver though.
or his clone

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
or his clone
I like the clone thing much better, actually. Despite being a universe with cloning, it's underexplored and underutilized beyond Jango Fett and something they stole from a 90s comic book.

Season 3 did have Moff Gideon clones which explained what he wanted with Baby Yoda; he wanted his clones to be able to touch the force. I'm meh on that revelation.

Last edited: