• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Wars Thoughts

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes exactly! ^_^ It would be a perfect series, or I think the concept could set up a very intriguing trilogy if done right. I feel like people would enjoy seeing the formation of the old force schools. How a bunch of the greatest warriors and these telekenetic monks became one organization The Order of Jedi Knights, and how they first encountered the Ancent Sith Empire and how that shook the foundations of the order and ultimately lead to the schism that led to the Jedi and the Sith parting as enemies and that leads us nicely into a new KOTR story SWTOR story and the franchise grows...it doesnt seem like it should be rocket science for disney.
Disney's fucking problem is that they just can't let go of the Skywalkers.

Everything is about that 40 year (?) period starting with Anakin to Rey and then they keep doing shit in the small gaps in-between that were never colored in. Like, come on! LET IT GO, try something new and interesting. I am so sick of Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker at this point. Let's face it, he's not even the most interesting guy in the history of the SW universe. It's kinda why I liked SWTOR so much, it's a thousand years or more before and they have freedom to explore. While they veered into the direction of Grey Jedi (SWKOTOR 2), they also had an odd working relationship in SWTOR, the Throne expacs, where you (the hero, which ever side you are on) actually end up being counseled by an odd duo of Light and Dark (Jedi & Sith) who realized to stop the Emperor they needed to find commonality between themselves, and you can choose how you line up with that. There was no black and white cookie cutter approach, everyone felt more real and had their own goals. Also, even if you aren't a force user, your actions and stories were still cool and had relevance.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Disney's fucking problem is that they just can't let go of the Skywalkers.

Everything is about that 40 year (?) period starting with Anakin to Rey and then they keep doing shit in the small gaps in-between that were never colored in. Like, come on! LET IT GO, try something new and interesting.
Its literally killing the franchise. We need to accept the fact that Anakin is an incest baby and Shmi is covering for someone. Luke and Leia fucked before The Empire Strikes Back. And Han Solo is just a force sensetive space trucker in over his head. This isnt a Space Opera, this isnt even a soap opera. This is daytime talk show This is Jerry Springer in Space, this is Galaxy Ricky Lake. We need to let the Skywalkers rest in peace. That poor family has been through enough. We need to make room for a movie about why they decided to make droids both feel pain and experience fear. I wanna know about that, and I find it hard to believe I am alone in this.

The Cat

Staff member
SEriously I would watch a Space Lifetime movie about how Shmi Skywalker was a girl from naboo caught in a scandal after being preyed upon by a certain corrupt senator who sold her into slavery to keep his secret and used Qui Gon to bring him his son, while orchestrating her capture by a violent group of sandpeople he used Count Dooku to rile up. Eventually tipping off Anakin with sending him force nightmares, by constantly asking about his mother, what he remembered about his mother, you know really scuzzing it up. For an added level of drama, have Qui Gon and Palpaptine have been old buddies and Qui Gon originally was dating Shmi on the dl, Living force and all that, and Sheev set something up to get her vanished in the hopes of turning Qui Gon into actual Liam Neeson and making him his Sith Assassin with a specific set of skill and Anakin is Qui Gon's kid and thats why hes so dead set to train him to be a jedi. But then for fuck sake let that that be the end of it. Give us better stuff.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Its literally killing the franchise. We need to accept the fact that Anakin is an incest baby and Shmi is covering for someone. Luke and Leia fucked before The Empire Strikes Back. And Han Solo is just a force sensetive space trucker in over his head. This isnt a Space Opera, this isnt even a soap opera. This is daytime talk show This is Jerry Springer in Space, this is Galaxy Ricky Lake. We need to let the Skywalkers rest in peace. That poor family has been through enough. We need to make room for a movie about why they decided to make droids both feel pain and experience fear. I wanna know about that, and I find it hard to believe I am alone in this.
I read recently that R2D2 was the most loyal little tin can ever.
1694810030749.png

SEriously I would watch a Space Lifetime movie about how Shmi Skywalker was a girl from naboo caught in a scandal after being preyed upon by a certain corrupt senator who sold her into slavery to keep his secret and used Qui Gon to bring him his son, while orchestrating her capture by a violent group of sandpeople he used Count Dooku to rile up. Eventually tipping off Anakin with sending him force nightmares, by constantly asking about his mother, what he remembered about his mother, you know really scuzzing it up. For an added level of drama, have Qui Gon and Palpaptine have been old buddies and Qui Gon originally was dating Shmi on the dl, Living force and all that, and Sheev set something up to get her vanished in the hopes of turning Qui Gon into actual Liam Neeson and making him his Sith Assassin with a specific set of skill and Anakin is Qui Gon's kid and thats why hes so dead set to train him to be a jedi. But then for fuck sake let that that be the end of it. Give us better stuff.

It's kind of sad we can make stuff up on the fly that is better than the stuff they spent bazillion millions to develop.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yeah, exactly. The whole episode was just a big pointless nothingburger because it isn't clear about what its goal was in Ahsoka's arc. It's the penultimate episode of the season and needed to GO somewhere big -- some lesson learned, etc -- and ... no one agrees on what that lesson actually was.

That's because it simply wasn't made clear in the episode. Sorry, Filoni.

The Cat

Staff member
I read recently that R2D2 was the most loyal little tin can ever.
View attachment 29407

It's kind of sad we can make stuff up on the fly that is better than the stuff they spent bazillion millions to develop.
We've literally spent our lives imagining what would make entertaining and engaging star wars stories. We're the part of the musical when we ask: "Please Sir may we have more?" And a cold mousy voice whispers from the outer darkness: "haha More?"

The Cat

Staff member

Yeah, exactly. The whole episode was just a big pointless nothingburger because it isn't clear about what its goal was in Ahsoka's arc. It's the penultimate episode of the season and needed to GO somewhere big -- some lesson learned, etc -- and ... no one agrees on what that lesson actually was.

That's because it simply wasn't made clear in the episode. Sorry, Filoni.
internet polls of who would you most like to see Asoka fight in liveish action? But still pluck those strings of Clone wars fandom of when Anakin was a... um... "good guy" this hits the member berries but offers not much substance beyond that, like with the rest of the story of star wars they leave it to the fans to do the heavy mental lifting of cobbling together meaning and engaging story with their action figures and fan fic. Like Timothy Zahn, Ac CRispen, Kevin J Anderson and others before us.

The Cat

Staff member
there is no substitute or special effect that replace genuine artistic passion

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We've literally spent our lives imagining what would make entertaining and engaging star wars stories. We're the part of the musical when we ask: "Please Sir may we have more?" And a cold mousy voice whispers from the outer darkness: "haha More?"
"Please, sir -- might we have anything at all?"

The Cat

Staff member
"Please, sir -- might we have anything at all?"
And lo the Rise of Skywalker was the answer to our prayers. Thor Love and Thunder is a metaphor for the Star Wars Franchise. At least Queen Amidala gets to enter Valhalla at last. As a side note I like to think of Jane Foster as Queen Amidala's reincarnation. Kinda like a Inuyasha situation but with Marvel instead of anime and Norse mythology instead of Japanese. It makes me feel alive again some.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Its literally killing the franchise. We need to accept the fact that Anakin is an incest baby and Shmi is covering for someone.
No, Anakin was created by Palpatine and Darth Plagueis through the Force.

Have you ever read the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? It's not a story Disney would tell you.

The Cat

Staff member
No, Anakin was created by Palpatine and Darth Plagueis through the Force.

Have you ever read the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise? It's not a story Disney would tell you.
I've been geeking out on Star Wars since before you were dusting crops boy, lol in all seriousness. I grew up with the old EU and if Disney can Retcon that entire thing. I can make up my own alternate imagination of what I wish they had done instead, And when I share it with other fans it gains life, and perhaps inspires more tales if only for the span of a conversation. Rather than letting corpo executives dictate my fandom to me, I choose to engage with it on my own terms. Its fun. I highly encourage it. Its fun creative excercise. Taste the rainbow of my brain skittles. They're Skittles Dark variety, not for the faint of spirit.

The Cat

Staff member
Join me, and together we can rule the galaxy as feline and bird.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
JFC..... I just tried to post a comment on a Yahoo article that was gushing over how good all the Disney Star Wars shows were.... and it refused to let me post until i changed the word "slop" to "garbage."

1694974842229.png

Like, I thought "slop" was kinder, but fine...

...buncha freakin' shills. My comments were some of the nicer ones.

Last edited:

The Cat

Staff member
JFC..... I just tried to post a comment on a Yahoo article gushing over how good all the Disney Star Wars shows were.... and it refused to let me post until i changed the word "slop" to "garbage."

View attachment 29415

Like, I thought "slop" was kinder, but fine...

...buncha freakin' shills. My comments were some of the nicer ones.
Slop is nourishing to pigs. That's a little too on the nose for the algorithm.

The Cat

Staff member
Jib'rish Nonsensename. My next star wars rpg character name.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now we've reached the point in the season when I can't avoid the spoilers. I just literally cannot keep up with everything, it's so annoying to be forced to adhere to some schedule this way with something that's supposed to be fun.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I guess Ahsoka has eight episodes so yeah it is reaching endgame now. I did not watch E6 yet. But yeah, basically at this point for any of these series I try to be watching the later episodes at least within 1-2 days of their airing. It just is what it is.