• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Wars Thoughts

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Would have been the better choice to contrast with Vader.

And honestly, after Episodes II and III were released, the redemption angle for Vader doesn't work, although this wasn't the intention. Anakin comes off worse in those films than anyone would have guessed. When we heard he killed Jedi Knights, we assumed adults, not kids.

Child murder is hard to come back from, just like with murdering a beloved character who happens to be your father.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Would have been the better choice to contrast with Vader.

And honestly, after Episodes II and III were released, the redemption angle for Vader doesn't work, although this wasn't the intention. Anakin comes off worse in those films than anyone would have guessed. When we heard he killed Jedi Knights, we assumed adults, not kids.

Child murder is hard to come back from, just like with murdering a beloved character who happens to be your father.
It's actually pretty easy. Unless you're in a horror movie, then suddenly those little fuckers become harder to kill than palmetto bugs. Now I may just have a higher threshold for child death having grown up in the 80's between burnt out parents and serial killers we were dropping like flies in those days. Children movies were darker then. But I do prefer the old head cannon clone wars before the rule of two bullshit got established. back when it was a space fantasy wuxia of jedi knights and sith assassins cloning the shit out of everyone and their young han solesque starkiller space hero betrayed them all for a high paying place in the new fascism not sure how killing a bunch of kids off screen is much different morally though because like. There were a lot of kids on alderaan when it blew up. And presumably everywhere else where the empire just hordaks everything into the ground.

So like for me the guy is fine with destroying a planet, he's cool with popping the life cherries of a bunch of kiddos. The Dark Side is not a chill side of the force.​

The Cat

Staff member
that's probably why they called them "younglings" instead of kids. :ROFLMAO:
that was just a failed attempt to try to get a marketing catchphrase to take off. Mark my words there was a whole line of "Younglings" merchandise ready to go into production at a moments notice.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's actually pretty easy. Unless you're in a horror movie, then suddenly those little fuckers become harder to kill than palmetto bugs. Now I may just have a higher threshold for child death having grown up in the 80's between burnt out parents and serial killers we were dropping like flies in those days. Children movies were darker then. But I do prefer the old head cannon clone wars before the rule of two bullshit got established. back when it was a space fantasy wuxia of jedi knights and sith assassins cloning the shit out of everyone and their young han solesque starkiller space hero betrayed them all for a high paying place in the new fascism not sure how killing a bunch of kids off screen is much different morally though because like. There were a lot of kids on alderaan when it blew up. And presumably everywhere else where the empire just hordaks everything into the ground.

So like for me the guy is fine with destroying a planet, he's cool with popping the life cherries of a bunch of kiddos. The Dark Side is not a chill side of the force.​
Sure, but we don't see the kids who die on Alderaan. That makes a big difference to movie goers.

It's like how in Armageddon asteroids hit New York and no doubt people died, but a large chunk of the audience is upset because a dog might have also died.

Conventional logic doesn't apply to how audiences react to things like this. Kids and dogs provoke bigger reactions than adults.

The Cat

Staff member
Sure, but we don't see the kids who die on Alderaan. That makes a big difference to movie goers.

It's like how in Armageddon asteroids hit New York and no doubt people died, but a large chunk of the audience is upset because a dog might have also died.

Conventional logic doesn't apply to how audiences react to things like this. Kids and dogs provoke bigger reactions than adults.
that sounds psychotic

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Didn't Daisy Ridley recently say JJ basically had no solid plan for Rey too? I mean say what you will about the Prequels but at least Lucas seemed to have some basic framework of a story going into it, even if it does contradict or fuck up the OT at times.

I just don't understand how they bungled this so badly.

The Cat

Staff member
Didn't Daisy Ridley recently say JJ basically had no solid plan for Rey too? I mean say what you will about the Prequels but at least Lucas seemed to have some basic framework of a story going into it, even if it does contradict or fuck up the OT at times.

I just don't understand how they bungled this so badly.
JJ Abrams is one of those sticky fingered children grown up into an adult who likes to leave his mark on everything. He had 1 run of glory wherein he wandered off half way through (lost) then he broke Star Trek to show he would be a good director for SW, and once he got Star Wars, all he wanted to do was his own reboot when he was contracted for a sequel. He works so poorly with others, that he wasted his 2nd SW movie trying to undermine another directors vision because he's what Lucas Mark 2? Star Wars is more his than Rian Johnson. Not a thing Ive seen of recently is anything to me but sticky ass fingerprints and crayon: "This is MINE" scrawled offputtingly on franchises that he did nothing for apart from get all sticky and filled with crumbs.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is this true? It sounds on par with midichlorians.

1000003458.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I just don't understand how they bungled this so badly
I don't either. It sounds like they were still deciding her heritage while shooting. It's like Babylon level clusterf.

I mean, even with JJ being in charge of this mess, even TFA looks far more polished and coherent than TROS. I am really feeling like Disney execs were part of this daily confusion and they were just reacting to bad buzz from TLJ plot points. And why were they editing the film on the fly on the lot?

The Cat

Staff member

View attachment 29904
I felt a great disturbance in the force. It was as if the voices of a thousand angry fans cried out and were suddenly silenced. That's next level head fuckery for sure. A bridge has been built in honor of this.

According to the rune carved skull wherein the ghost of Sigmund Freud inhabits: "Sometimes a dianoga is just a dianoga. It's an Ootyeh with no legs and only one eye.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

View attachment 29904
I have never heard of this. I'm going to guess it's something from the new canon. So all of these things have eggs? The mating process, then doesn't involve the exchange of genetic material. I'm trying to think of how this species evolves, but it's probably not worth of it. I'm thinking of how genetically distinct members of this species are, and then I remind myself that I just need to stop.

The Cat

Staff member
I have never heard of this. I'm going to guess it's something from the new canon. So all of these things have eggs? The mating process, then doesn't involve the exchange of genetic material. I'm trying to think of how this species evolves, but it's probably not worth of it. I'm thinking of how genetically distinct members of this species are, and then I remind myself that I just need to stop.
It's not real, its just someone trolling

The Cat

Staff member
1702671690618.png

Who doesnt love a little tentacle every now and then when you're slumming it up?​

Attachments

• 1702671690070.png
    1702671690070.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 25