• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Star Wars Thoughts

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Sometimes I can almost imagine a world where ai was used to make movies happen after an actor passed on. I could imagine in this world they released a an animated movie of Shadows of the Empire. An ai could voice the younger versions of deceased actors in their roles. A way to do this more or less ethically in this hypothetical world, would be to pay scale to the estate of the actor or to a charity of said deceased actor's choosing. Though another way to do this would be to hire good impressionists as voice actors. I guess all Im saying is I wish they would make an animated feature of Shadows of the Empire. make it like andor star wars. Xizor would be a fun villain to bring out and dust off.
You haven't seen Rogue One and the Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett, right? The Book of Boba Fett blows (that's not Boba Fett, that's Ned Flanders), but the two episodes that are actually the Mandalorian are decent.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
You haven't seen Rogue One and the Mandalorian/Book of Boba Fett, right? The Book of Boba Fett blows (that's not Boba Fett, that's Ned Flanders), but the two episodes that are actually the Mandalorian are decent.
Yes I am familiar with those...peices.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

STAR WARS
Episode VII: Ripples of the Force

The DEAD SPEAK!

Under the wise tutelage of Grandmaster LUKE SKYWALKER and his JEDI KNIGHTS at the temple on YAVIN 4, the New Republic is flourishing. The promise of a new galactic golden age is blooming everywhere.

Everywhere, that is, except the Outer Rim. Led by Supreme Leader Jacen Solo, now calling himself DARTH CAEDUS, the Empire has gradually but undeniably grown over the preceding decade. Even more ominous is a series of transmissions that have confirmed the deepest fears of everyone who wishes to see the Republic restore peace and justice to the galaxy: somehow, the Emperor has returned. No one can deny witnessing his twisted visage proclaiming the rebirth of the Empire, the death of the Republic, and the final extinction of the Jedi.

With the republic in a state of terror, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker has dispatched some of his most capable knights to locate and deal with the threat. One of his more unconventional disciples, Jedi Master JYN, has found a promising lead on the Imperial outpost at the swamp world of Rexolotl.......

Last edited:

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member

STAR WARS
Episode VII: Ripples of the Force

The DEAD SPEAK!

Under the wise tutelage of Grandmaster LUKE SKYWALKER and his JEDI KNIGHTS at the temple on YAVIN 4, the New Republic is flourishing. The promise of a new galactic golden age is blooming everywhere.

Everywhere, that is, except the Outer Rim. Led by Supreme Leader Jacen Solo, now calling himself DARTH CAEDUS, the Empire has gradually but undeniably grown over the preceding decade. Even more ominous is a series of transmissions that have confirmed the deepest fears of everyone who wishes to see the Republic restore peace and justice to the galaxy: somehow, the Emperor has returned. No one can deny witnessing his twisted visage proclaiming the rebirth of the Empire, the death of the Republic, and the final extinction of the Jedi.

With the republic in a state of terror, Jedi Master Luke Skywalker has dispatched some of his most capable knights to locate and deal with the threat. One of his more unconventional disciples, Jedi Master JYN, has found a promising lead on the Imperial outpost at the swamp world of Rexolotl.......
Now that's the episode VII crawl I was hoping for. You've got some definite creative talent. I really hope you tap that keg.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Now that's the episode VII crawl I was hoping for. You've got some definite creative talent. I really hope you tap that keg.
I might be able to bang out a summary of the opening sequence for this weekend.

By the way, I need to make one thing clear. Jyn is not actually Jyn Erso nor is she related to her. She named herself that when she was a girl, after her hero Jyn Erso.

This will take elements from both legends and canon, and also ignore things I find inconvenient, like the Yuhzaan Vong war.

Last edited:

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

We pan down to the disc of a blue gas giant, with several moons visible. A blue, two-seater A-wing enters from the left side of the frame. We follow the a-wing as it dives towards the planet, and then move behind the ship as it straightens out, headed towards the rocky planetary rings. We pan to the front of the craft, and are introduced to the pilot, Jyn, a woman in her early thirties with black hair and brown skin.

“Jyn?”
“Yes, Elroy?”
“You are aware that you are headed directly towards what you organics might lazily call an ‘asteroid belt’”, her ship’s computer says.
“Yes, I’m aware, and I’m also aware there’s technically a difference between a ring system and an asteroid belt. But anyway,” she smiles, knowing her next words will irk Elroy, “the asteroid belt is our shortest path to the installation that will allow us to approach without being picked up by their scanning. Stealth systems are active, but I don’t want to leave anything to chance.”
“Did you think of me at all when you made this decision?”, Elroy whines.
“Yes, and I know we’ll both be fine. We’ve been through tougher situations than this.”

Jyn and Elroy fly into the asteroid belt and a short action sequence ensues.

A muddy green orb emerges on the other side, the planet Rexolotol. We cut to Jyn in front of the Imperial bunker, using Jedi mind tricks to get inside. This is a stealth mission.(Politically, there is a treaty between the Empire and the Republic; which still stands because none of the worlds annexed by the Empire since were Republic worlds because of their location in the outer rim. Also, going in with saber blazing would likely result in Palpatine escaping or becoming inaccessible. The reason why solo Jedi are looking for Palpatine is because the situation strategically requires casting as wide of a net as possible). Jyn uses Jedi mind tricks and general sneaking around to navigate this bunker. She is keeping track of trooper deployments and seeing if she notices any areas that are at a higher level of security than the others, deducing that it’s likely that Palpatine will be found in an extremely high-security area. She follows the trail until she finds one stormtrooper resistant to the mind trick.
“So much for a stealth mission”, she sighs. Igniting a lightsaber the color of the sky, she waits for the trooper to attack.

Nothing happens. Jyn begins to sense there is something different about him through the Force.

Finally, he speaks.
“You went with blue, really?”
Yes, there is something different about him, all right.
Jyn says, “What’s wrong with blue?”
The trooper says, “Well, green’s objectively a better color. Blue is unfathomable like cold ocean deaths or a planetary sky. Green means life, vitality, and vibrancy. ”
“I happen to like blue, especially if it means I’m connected with the unfathomable,” she grins.
“Why didn’t you try to shoot me on sight, though? I know what they tell stormtroopers about Jedi,” Jyn says.
The trooper says, “Maybe I grew tired of the riches of the Imperial holonet, and sought out other information sources. Data discs and readers, filmbooks, etc. Even paper.”
“Paper?! The only place I’ve seen that is back at the temple. And the youngest of those is 10,000 years old.”
“Yes, paper. You’d be surprised at what you can find out here on the Outer Rim.”

Indeed, Jyn thinks. Jyn wants to know more about this person, but she has a mission to complete. He seems trustworthy despite his uniform; maybe he could be trusted.

“Can I ask you a question?”
“Sure.”
“Are you looking for a way out of all this?”
“Jedi intuition?”
“Just regular intuition, maybe. I think I can help you, but we’ll need to work together. Can you do that?”
“I can try.”
“I trust you are familiar with the fake prisoner routine”
“Of course.”
“Perhaps you have a captive Jedi to bring before Palpatine himself for execution.”
“Maybe I do.”
“Oh, and what’s your name?”
“Finn.”
“Pleasure to meet you Finn, I’m Jyn.”
“Likewise. I assume you’ll appreciate knowing that I know exactly where the Imperial throne room is.”
“Indeed, I do.”

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Jyn, handcuffed, is led by the trooper through the facility. Finn leads her to the turbolift that leads directly to it. Finn explains the situation with the prisoner, and convinces the considerable guard detachment to let them up.

The topmost floor has a large chamber with a window that looks like a spider web, and of course, the Imperial throne.

“Ah, I’ve been expecting you, Jedi”, a voice croaks.

Jyn uses the Force to remove her restraints. As the chair slowly turns around, Jyn ignites her lightsaber, ready to defend herself from any lightning attacks. The two of them cautiously approach the throne.
Jyn notices something isn’t right almost immediately. Palpatine, one of the most powerful force users of all time, has no Force presence at all.

“You will see, your feeble skills are no match for my brilliant plans.”
“Feeble they may be, but they are more than a match for your even feebler skills. You’re not Palpatine. ”
“Palpatine” begins to panic. He starts begging and whimpering for his life in an entirely different voice. A voice Jyn and Finn recognize at once.
“Rhubarb Crudspawn?!” Jyn exclaims, annoyed. “So this is what became of you. You know, I thought your last few holofilms weren’t that good anyway. And then you started going on these irritating tirades about Republic politics. Then, you disappeared. Now it all makes sense.”

The trooper is even more annoyed.
“Do you know how many times I followed ‘Palpatine’s’ orders, fearful of what might happen to me if I didn’t? Every time I was summoned up here, I was terrified. And now I know he was a joke, a fraud, nothing more than a faded actor looking for one last gig.” He is furious, but with a sympathetic look, Jyn quiets him.
Jyn pulls out her datapad to explain to Luke what she’s learned. She can’t reach him on the voice or text channels. The holonet wasn’t working, either.
“Great, looks like we’re having some communication difficulties,” she says to Finn, frustrated.
Rhubarb chimes in with an obnoxious smile: “Do you know what we Imperials have been working on over the last 30 years?”
“Let me guess, another Death Star for some hotshot pilot to blow up? Might be fun to take one of those down in an A-wing for a change,” she pauses. “Or maybe a B-wing. I know a guy.”
“Nope,” He pauses for dramatic effect, spreading obnoxious, weasly grin. “Jamming technology. Across the whole galaxy. Unless you have access to the extremely secure Imperial channels, of course.”
“Oh, and I didn’t even mention the massive Imperial fleet headed for your [slips into Palpatine voice] precious Jedi temple even now. [/slips out] I would imagine it’s rather understaffed there at the moment.”
“Bullshit”, Jyn says, furious. She ignites her lightsaber and advances toward him. Rhubarb faints in terror. Jyn stands back, ashamed of herself, and turns off her lightsaber.

“He’s telling the truth, Jyn. A few months ago I was assigned to provide security and assistance for the resupply of a massive Imperial fleet. When I was on board one of the star destroyers, I heard the troopers on board constantly mention how excited they were for a chance to finally take on those Jedi scum and hit them where it hurt. “
“How many ships were there?”
“A lot.”
“A lot?!” Jyn replies, irritated.
“A lot. Look, at the time I was mostly worried about not getting another disciplinary infraction for not polishing my rifle enough that morning. My body can’t keep up with all the clock adjustment they put us through out of loyalty to the old Imperial calender.”
“Sorry. I just can’t believe that the whole thing was a diversion. Why didn’t I see it? Something about it never sat right with me. Why couldn’t I put it together? I think in order to make it through this, I need to get in touch with a liaison with the Republic fleet. Also,” she sighed. “We need to figure out what to do with Rhubarb —”

Jyn is cut off by klaxons.

This imperial base has a “deadman’s switch” system where they go into red alert if they don’t hear from stormtrooper commanding officers every hour.
“Well, I guess there’s no time for that now. They know we’re here. Let’s go visit another planet, shall we?”
“Where?”
“I have a place in mind”
“Do you like being vague like this?”
“I do. How did you know?”
“The force,” Finn says sarcastically.
“That’s a topic for another time. Right now, we need to find some way out of here. I used the Force to quicken my limbs to get here. That won’t work for both of us. I take it you know hangars where we can find some swamp craft?”
“Yup. But we’ll have to fight our way there.”
“I figured as much. Well, let’s get to it,” Jyn sighs for the umpteenth time this day.

Jyn and Finn fight their way through the base to reach the hangar. Jyn uses a Soresu approach (a defensive type of lightsaber combat relying on deflection when facing blaster-wielding troops), working to protect her new companion, as well as herself. Finn is firing off shots but is conflicted about going against his former comrades.
They find a vehicle that is like a futuristic fan boat, and power it on. Finn makes sure to shoot the controls for the blast door when leaving, so that the Imperials cannot use the hangar to follow them. But there is still the local wildlife to contend with.
“So, I’ve done quite a few patrols in these. One thing you should know is that you don’t need to worry that much about those guys most of the time.” Finn points to a gigantic alligator-like creature 10 times the size of an earth alligator.
“You need to worry about those. Their tongues are extremely long and powerful” he points at a giant, fat toad-like creature twice the size of a human.
After avoiding all the tongues and space gator maws, they reach the A-wing. They stop to catch their breaths and Jyn says:
“You know, you can probably take that off now.”
“I forget I’m even wearing it. We’re required to wear them at all times outside of our living quarters. But, good point!”
He removes his helmet, revealing a dark-skinned man in his late twenties.
“Wait, how do you eat though?”
“In our quarters. We have a tiny table and everything. It’s the good life.”
As they climb in:
“How do you have a two-seater A-wing?”
“Useful for dignitaries, prisoners, potentials, and others. I don’t take on apprentices, but I do everything I can to make sure potentials I encounter reach the Jedi temple. Oh, and you and Elroy should be introduced.”
“Elroy?”
“Yes”, replies a voice emanating from the cockpit.
“I’m Finn.”
“As you may have already surmised, I’m Elroy, and I’m ready to leave this planet as well. I can feel things growing on me and I don’t enjoy it. ”
“It’s a pleasure to meet you Elroy.”
“Likewise.”

The ship blasts off and speeds into the eternal night of space, leaving Rexolotl behind.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I know there are a lot of flaws and holes with this. There are two things I'd like feedback about.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol....!

1. I think your dialogue is generally fine. I think it could benefit a bit from more padding to flesh out details of what is happening. Also in a spot or two I got lost when you have a stack of banter, over who was saying what, and I had to start over to get the pattern in my head.

2. Rhubarb Crudspawn, aka Trevor Slattery from Iron Man 3? Same twist? But it was funny, and the name very silly in a good way. :D

Is this just alternate history fan fic or what exactly? Does it fit into the established Finn timeline at all? Or just a reboot?

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1000005184.jpg

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Lol....!

1. I think your dialogue is generally fine. I think it could benefit a bit from more padding to flesh out details of what is happening. Also in a spot or two I got lost when you have a stack of banter, over who was saying what, and I had to start over to get the pattern in my head.

2. Rhubarb Crudspawn, aka Trevor Slattery from Iron Man 3? Same twist? But it was funny, and the name very silly in a good way. :D
I've never seen Iron Man 3. But I'm glad you liked it.

I was probably inspired by an old EU novel where everyone freaks out because they think Grand Admiral Thrawn has returned, but it turns out it was just an actor with prosthetics.

Is this just alternate history fan fic or what exactly? Does it fit into the established Finn timeline at all? Or just a reboot?
To be honest, it's just me taking things from Legends and Canon and doing whatever I feel like, so probably technically a reboot.

I think the overall universe owes more to Legends. I haven't looked at the chronology to see exactly where things line up. But if it turns out, for instance, this takes place in the same time as the Vong war, I'm ignoring it, because I'm not interested in exploring that.

My main characters are inspired by the sequel trilogy, because I liked them, but didn't think they got the trilogy they deserved. None of these characters will be related to any established character. I renamed Rey because she's so different since she's a seasoned Jedi (and in other ways). I may rename some of the other characters.

I'm using the Legends name of Darth Cadeus because I thought what they did with saying "Oh, Kylo Ren isn't a Sith even though he uses the Dark Side" and then doing nothing with it was stupid. Especially when it turns out in the final movie that it was the Sith all along and it's Sith this and Sith that. I thought it would be better to simply make him a Sith.

I'm thinking of bringing in Mara Jade (Luke Skywalker's wife in Legends) for the next movie.

I'll probably be bringing in another Canon character or two in the next batch of scenes.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've never seen Iron Man 3. But I'm glad you liked it.
LOL! That was the big schtick of Iron Man 3. It was touted as Iron Man vs The Mandarin, who is one of his main nemeses in the comics -- and in the film it ended up being an actor named Trevor Slattery (played by Ben Kingsley), whereas the true villain was someone else entirely.

A lot of viewers were really mad that they made the Mandarin into a punchline.

To be honest, it's just me taking things from Legends and Canon and doing whatever I feel like, so probably technically a reboot.
That's cool. Just making sure I am reading it all correctly. ;)

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I tend to get bogged down a little in issues of logistics and military procedure. But then I remember I don't want the story to be like this:

It probably comes off like this still, though.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Well, I guess finally they are giving us ONE thing we wanted...!

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I was so happy writing that short stretch of story. I think it was joy at being able to do whatever I wanted. I haven't done any creative writing since I was a college freshman and I never much cared for it. But that, that was fun.

Well, I guess finally they are giving us ONE thing we wanted...!
I liked when he said "Meesa going to hurt youusa."

Last edited: