• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
We live in the stupidest country....

FHI6CwdXoAcC1Hf

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The omicron things is quickly getting out of hand and we are already at risk of going above the worst day in new cases on the global level (that is +905 000 new confirmed cases).
What leaves little doubt that in incoming days the record will fall.

Worldometer

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
The omicron things is quickly getting out of hand and we are already at risk of going above the worst day in new cases on the global level (that is +905 000 new confirmed cases).
What leaves little doubt that in incoming days the record will fall.

Worldometer
Is omicron more letal? Spreads more (I think so?)? Has more post-sympthons?

Anyway, I also never saw any second study about the mortality after 6 months or an year after people being hospitalized after the member "Si la Rum" (something like that, I know its wrong). The last study did imply that the actual death numbers are 2x more because a lot of people who got hospitalized by COVID died on a 6 month later window from many different causes which COVID did enhances, such as diabetes.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Is omicron more letal? Spreads more (I think so?)? Has more post-sympthons?

That is still kinda unclear.
However it seems that it is less lethal but much much more contagious. What in the end could lead into increase of deaths. Especially if hospitals get overrun with sick people, what is likely in many places.

Anyway, I also never saw any second study about the mortality after 6 months or an year after people being hospitalized after the member "Si la Rum" (something like that, I know its wrong). The last study did imply that the actual death numbers are 2x more because a lot of people who got hospitalized by COVID died on a 6 month later window from many different causes which COVID did enhances, such as diabetes.

I saw these kinds of studies but I don't know the details.

Anyway, yesterday was a tie for the worst day on record globally. Only seven cases less then the record of 904 000+.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Anyway, yesterday was a tie for the worst day on record globally. Only seven cases less then the record of 904 000+.

With the way how the things are going today I don't see how the record can remain standing.
As a matter of fact "million detected cases" in a day is on the table. We are already at 814 000 are there are still plenty of places to report data from.

Record days in: NY, NJ, Maryland and Ohio
As well as: UK, France, Spain, Italy Australia, Canada .... etc.

Worldometer

Therefore If Omicron isn't significantly milder variant in the term of disease I am afraid this will all end up in history books. The hospitals simply can't keep up with this rate of infections if the disease is serious.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As expected the Christmas disrupted the testing. So I am quite curious to see where this will lead now that Christmas is over.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Connecticut +14600
While the last record from last year was just 8400

There are new records in Massachusetts, Australia, Denmark, Greece, Cyprus, Liberia, ... etc.

Plus the fact is that there is clear spike in Argentina. What basically means that the whole South America will in the near future see it's Omicron wave.

Last edited: