• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
As expected the Christmas disrupted the testing. So I am quite curious to see where this will lead now that Christmas is over.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Connecticut +14600
While the last record from last year was just 8400

There are new records in Massachusetts, Australia, Denmark, Greece, Cyprus, Liberia, ... etc.

Plus the fact is that there is clear spike in Argentina. What basically means that the whole South America will in the near future see it's Omicron wave.

Last edited:

ceecee

Dunkin Enthusiast
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Over here they are expecting massive staff fallout in basically all industries due to omicron.

As for quarantine, the duration depends on the virus variant. If you are fully vaccinated and show no symptoms, you only have to quarantine for beta, gamma and omicron. The duration is either 10 days without a test or 5 days with a negative pcr test or 7 days with a negative antigen test.

Masks are a non-issue because they are compulsory nationwide anyway (actually all over the continent, as far as I know).

Which leads m to my initial reaction to the rules you posted:

HOW COME YOU GUYS STILL DON'T HAVE A NATIONAL MASK MANDATE???

will_poulter.PNG

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
UK + 129 400
France + 179 800
Italy + 78 300

This is going to be fun.
Today we are clearly going over a million in a day globally.

ceecee

Dunkin Enthusiast
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Over here they are expecting massive staff fallout in basically all industries due to omicron.

As for quarantine, the duration depends on the virus variant. If you are fully vaccinated and show no symptoms, you only have to quarantine for beta, gamma and omicron. The duration is either 10 days without a test or 5 days with a negative pcr test or 7 days with a negative antigen test.

Masks are a non-issue because they are compulsory nationwide anyway (actually all over the continent, as far as I know).

Which leads m to my initial reaction to the rules you posted:

HOW COME YOU GUYS STILL DON'T HAVE A NATIONAL MASK MANDATE???

will_poulter.PNG

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Here we are
World: +1 070 000
Plus there will be a few more hundred thousands before the end of the day.
Btw. this could be the worst day on the record for the US.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
With adding of some numbers the previous US record has fallen already on 24th.
However now there is a tie with new record and there are still some states to count. So the record will fall again today.

Edit: 10 seconds later: new record it is

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I never thought that I will say something like this but lately I got hooked up on Indian right wing news (on English). I mean it is interesting since you get out of the bubble of first world media. Plus I must say I like how straight forward this is in a number of global issues as the channel.

Therefore this makes a decent closing thought of 2021.

ceecee

Dunkin Enthusiast
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Red states: The federal government doesn't have the consitutional authority to place vaccine mandates on private business!

Also red states: Biden isn't doing anything to help with our surging covid numbers!
I was using that article to illustrate why there is no national mask mandate but yeah...this too.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Today the incoming numbers are visibly worse than yesterday. What means that this wasn't anomaly but just "the newest normal".

Vendrah

Never-retiring Millenial
MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Worldwide cases are spiking due to new year celebrations worldwide! Although in my country, it is still low... "Theoretically" (its not like this country do much COVID tests anyway...).

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
After 2 years of dodging Rona, I contracted Omicron, it has been mild so far i still have a nagging cough. I was one week away from my booster time frame but I consider myself boosted now. I wont be getting any more vaccines or boosters at this time.