• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Their rights, not yours.

germcar.jpg

Is This a Real Message Displayed at a COVID-19 Anti-Lockdown Protest?

Jaguar

Ohio is reopening. This just proves how competent republican governors can be

Ohio is reopening in stages. Ohio still has no plans to lift travel restrictions

That's how all this got started in March - assholes going south on Spring break and coming back to the north and infecting their states. As for Michigan, you just have a problem with Gretchen because she's a woman and a Democrat. Deal with it. lol.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Ohio is reopening in stages. Ohio still has no plans to lift travel restrictions That's how all this got started in March - assholes going south on Spring break and coming back to the north and infecting their states. As for Michigan, you just have a problem with Gretchen because she's a woman and a Democrat. Deal with it. lol.
I have a problem with Gretchen because she reacted too late, and then decided to make things political (before they were at all) picking a fight with the fed while requesting supplies from them, like an idiot. Reopening in stages is the only way to go. Only nut jobs want to reopen everything or keep everything locked down forever until there is a vaccine. This includes right wing loons, the entire media, and most people on the left.

Jaguar

I have a problem with Gretchen because she reacted too late

1. Ohio Governor Mike DeWine today announced that Ohio will be under a "Stay at Home" order.
The order will go into effect beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.

2. March 23, 2020 -- Stay-at-home order issued
Whitmer issued the first stay-at-home order on March 23. This order limited the reasons people could leave their homes.
Under the order, Michiganders could leave home to shop or work if their work was deemed essential. The order banned in-person work that is not necessary to sustain or protect life.

Sure she did. :wacko:

Late nutcase:

DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order on April 1. The experts concluded that Florida avoided catastrophe because so many residents didn’t wait for the governor. They stayed home on their own.
Florida avoided COVID-19 catastrophe by ignoring DeSantis, Trump | Opinion - South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Because the very trustworthy media told you that those idiots represent republicans?

Only nut jobs want to reopen everything or keep everything locked down forever until there is a vaccine. This includes right wing loons, the entire media, and most people on the left.

Just for clarity's sake, what "very trustworthy" source(s) are Democrats supposed to accuse Republicans of mindlessly deferring to when Republicans make sweeping generalizations like this about "most" of a party based on the most visible representation?

(I would actually love to know. It's not just you, pretty much all the Republicans I know get evasive about it and refuse to say where they get their information - like you don't want to admit the source or you truly don't know.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
1. Ohio Governor Mike DeWine today announced that Ohio will be under a "Stay at Home" order.
The order will go into effect beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, at 11:59 p.m.

2. March 23, 2020 -- Stay-at-home order issued
Whitmer issued the first stay-at-home order on March 23. This order limited the reasons people could leave their homes.
Under the order, Michiganders could leave home to shop or work if their work was deemed essential. The order banned in-person work that is not necessary to sustain or protect life.

Sure she did. :wacko:

Late nutcase:

DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order on April 1. The experts concluded that Florida avoided catastrophe because so many residents didn’t wait for the governor. They stayed home on their own.
Florida avoided COVID-19 catastrophe by ignoring DeSantis, Trump | Opinion - South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Yeah I've never known anyone on the right who's willing to accuse Trump of politicizing COVID, even though he politicizes everything. It's a very specific set of blinders, they don't question the party or its leader. Since I also live in Michigan, Gretchen closed schools on March 12, bars and restaurants on March 13 and hospitals and nursing homes on March 16 as that was my last day of on site work. They're pissed she didn't kowtow to Trump the way they do.

The "protests" are also 100% political, backed by GOP lawmakers and Republican donors. This fact also gets dismissed by most on the right as well even though the MI GOP is very open about their involvement and support.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
I am not sure how this comment contributes to the discussion.
Because public policy is to ensure that no unnecessary lives are lost, its appropriate that we set the speed limit to 5 miles per hour for essential buisness commuters so that no unnecessary harm befalls them. Safety first doesn't and should not end with coronavirus. That would be hypocritical.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
1. Ohio Governor Mike DeWine today announced that Ohio will be under a "Stay at Home" order. The order will go into effect beginning Monday, March 23, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. 2. March 23, 2020 -- Stay-at-home order issued Whitmer issued the first stay-at-home order on March 23. This order limited the reasons people could leave their homes. Under the order, Michiganders could leave home to shop or work if their work was deemed essential. The order banned in-person work that is not necessary to sustain or protect life. Sure she did. :wacko: Late nutcase: DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order on April 1. The experts concluded that Florida avoided catastrophe because so many residents didn't wait for the governor. They stayed home on their own. Florida avoided COVID-19 catastrophe by ignoring DeSantis, Trump | Opinion - South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Thank you for proving the point that people are responsible enough when given the necessary information that they don't require governmental force to act in their own best interests.

Whitmer should have known Detroit was going to be a problem considering it's density and international airport, not lagging behind DeWine a day later for all of his Ohio appropriate policies. She also should have canceled the Bernie rally. DeWine canceled a similar large event.

Jaguar

Thank you for proving the point that people are responsible enough when given the necessary information that they don't require governmental force to act in their own best interests.

Life hacks by anticlimatic:

I don't like an answer talking about A, so I pretend I want to talk about B.
I don't like an answer talking about B, so I pretend I want to talk about C.
I don't like an answer talking about C, so I pretend I want to talk about D.

She also should have canceled the Bernie rally.

"So far we have lost nobody. You wonder if the press is in hysteria mode."

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Life hacks by anticlimatic: I don't like an answer talking about A, so I pretend I want to talk about B. I don't like an answer talking about B, so I pretend I want to talk about C. I don't like an answer talking about C, so I pretend I want to talk about D.
Life hacks by Jag:

Dont like a point? Cite a whataboutism.
Dont like a point in that whataboutism? Cite another.
Dont like a point in that one? Pretend to meta to avoid sea of losing arguments.

Jaguar

Life hacks by Jag:

Dont like a point? Cite a whataboutism.
Dont like a point in that whataboutism? Cite another.
Dont like a point in that one? Pretend to meta to avoid sea of losing arguments.

All this because you can't handle a female Dem Governor. Deal with it. You can't have one set of rules for Gretchen and another set of rules for Donnie.