• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Imagine winning a cruise for getting your COVID vaccines then ending up with a ripping case of norovirus and the entire ship quarantined.

Considering how life has become The Onion... I am awaiting this kind of news daily.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Got my second Pfizer shot this afternoon. I have to admit I feel dumb for not holding out until someone offered to bribe me. ;)

Imagine winning a cruise for getting your COVID vaccines then ending up with a ripping case of norovirus and the entire ship quarantined.
I had that a few years ago. Wild ride for a couple days. :fullload:

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
That was ridiculous for them to do. Glad they stopped.

I don't agree they should have banned it but it's Facebook - not a bastion of accurate information. It gives more room to move goalposts too.

Masks don't help (tyranny)
Vaccine is secretly killing people by the millions (on FB anyway)
Virus was made in a lab (duh)
Not our fault (CHINA!)

Does it matter? Don't know how the outcome would have changed - deaths were a global failure and largely preventable regardless of origin so it's basically the fault of every government in the world. But since the US is still #1 in deaths I have no issue pointing fingers at the US public health apparatus, the US healthcare systems, idiot politicians that refused to craft any kind of coordinated response under the last administration and allowing states to create their own responses or little to no response.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I don't agree they should have banned it but it's Facebook - not a bastion of accurate information. It gives more room to move goalposts too.

Masks don't help (tyranny)
Vaccine is secretly killing people by the millions (on FB anyway)
Virus was made in a lab (duh)
Not our fault (CHINA!)

Does it matter? Don't know how the outcome would have changed - deaths were a global failure and largely preventable regardless of origin so it's basically the fault of every government in the world. But since the US is still #1 in deaths I have no issue pointing fingers at the US public health apparatus, the US healthcare systems, idiot politicians that refused to craft any kind of coordinated response under the last administration and allowing states to create their own responses or little to no response.

I’m not on Facebook so I don’t especially care, but it care be nice to gripe about things congenially with one’s peers. It seems to be a popular form of socializing. The stupidity of the world is alway an easy subject.

On the whole, I actually think the world did surprisingly well with the surprise hit of covid. I’m impressed. Go humans. :D

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I’m not on Facebook so I don’t especially care, but it care be nice to gripe about things congenially with one’s peers. It seems to be a popular form of socializing. The stupidity of the world is alway an easy subject.

On the whole, I actually think the world did surprisingly well with the surprise hit of covid. I’m impressed. Go humans. :D

I wouldn't classify this as a "gripe" but you do you.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
tl;dr: See bolded

DIRECTOR’S AMENDED ORDER

Re: Director’s Amended Order to Rescind the Director’s Order to Laboratories in Ohio to Report
Results of COVID-19 tests.

I, Stephanie McCloud, Director of the Ohio Department of Health (ODH), pursuant to the authority
granted to me in R.C. 3701.13, to prevent the spread of contagious or infectious diseases, hereby ORDER
the following:

On May 13, 2020 the Ohio Department of Health (ODH) issued an ORDER requiring laboratories in
Ohio to report the aggregate results of COVID-19 tests. Since that time the Department has changed
reporting processes and therefore this Order is no longer needed.

I am hereby rescinding the May 13, 2020 Order to Laboratories in Ohio To Report Results of COVID19 tests.

Accordingly, this Order shall be effective immediately.

May 12, 2021

Stephanie McCloud, Director of Health

https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/static...ries-Ohio-Report-Results-COVID19-Tests-21.pdf

Known new infections are dropping here in Ohio too. :newwink:

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Other countries are clamoring for vaccines while some Americans will need Lamborghinis at this point to take the shot. Anti-vax propaganda is a cancer.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Turns out the PCR test was even less accurate and less representative of actual infection and risk to others than experts realized:

PCR seeks the genetic code of the virus from nose or throat swabs and amplifies it over 30–40 cycles, doubling each cycle, enabling even miniscule, potentially single, copies to be detected. PCR is thus a powerful clinical test, specifically when a patient is, or was recently, infected with SARS-CoV-2. Fragments of RNA can linger for weeks after infectious virus has been cleared,6 often in people without symptoms or known exposures.7

Most people infected with SARS-CoV-2 are contagious for 4–8 days.7 Specimens are generally not found to contain culture-positive (potentially contagious) virus beyond day 9 after the onset of symptoms, with most transmission occurring before day 5.7, 8 This timing fits with the observed patterns of virus transmission (usually 2 days before to 5 days after symptom onset), which led public health agencies to recommend a 10-day isolation period.9 The short window of transmissibility contrasts with a median 22–33 days of PCR positivity (longer with severe infections and somewhat shorter among asymptomatic individuals).10 This suggests that 50–75% of the time an individual is PCR positive, they are likely to be post-infectious.11, 12

Clarifying the evidence on SARS-CoV-2 antigen rapid tests in public health responses to COVID-19

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
COVID-19 cases and deaths are down but rate of infection is the same as it was in December for unvaccinated

...In an analysis, the Post found that if vaccinated people are removed from [the data assessment], the case rate for unvaccinated Americans is similar to the case rate for all residents on December 31. In the past week, the US has averaged a little over 20,000 cases per day, the CDC reported.

The Post found that the rate among those unvaccinated is 73% higher than figures being publicized. Their analysis found that in states with high unvaccinated populations, the pandemic is ongoing at the same pace it was during the last surge....

thoughts and prayers?

Seriously, get your damned shots, people.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take".

'cause there's people here in Europe, where the campaign is being so slow, that would be more than glad for being vaccinated.
You know, like a certain Methylene would. :whistling:

I know, right?

Whenever I see an American go "I don't want to get vaccinated" I think "Well, that's your prerogative.... but also : you ungrateful bastard! Over here people are begging, pushing and even cheating and bribing to get vaccinated. There are still far more people wanting to get vaccinated than vaccines available. Getting offered a vaccination is a fucking priviledge, man! "

Also, you're not just doing it for yourself but for others. For this whole nightmare to finally be over at some point.

Meanwhile in North Africa they are throwing away unused vaccines because people mistrust them and there are all sorts of weird rumors.

Antivaxxism is not just stupid but actually damaging to societies as a whole. It costs lives.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah, with the mix of current vaccination rates and warm weather the Summer should be fairly fine in developed countries. However in the fall we could be up for the new series of lockdowns if enough people don't get the vaccine. Especially since the world wouldn't be vaccinated before 2023, therefore there will be spills for sure. Plus by then the immunity from getting the disease should wear off by then to large degree. Therefore skipping the vaccines because the show is over probably isn't the correct perspective on how the things will play out.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I know, right?

Whenever I see an American go "I don't want to get vaccinated" I think "Well, that's your prerogative.... but also : you ungrateful bastard! Over here people are begging, pushing and even cheating and bribing to get vaccinated. There are still far more people wanting to get vaccinated than vaccines available. Getting offered a vaccination is a fucking priviledge, man! "

Also, you're not just doing it for yourself but for others. For this whole nightmare to finally be over at some point.

Meanwhile in North Africa they are throwing away unused vaccines because people mistrust them and there are all sorts of weird rumors.

Antivaxxism is not just stupid but actually damaging to societies as a whole. It costs lives.

I care because they are passing the virus to others. I care about the strain on health care providers and everyone else that has to accommodate their selfish asses. But for the most part - if they want to die or deal with long haul COVID, go right ahead. They get to make their choice, however, I don't feel they should be catered to in any way, no waivers or special exceptions for anything, going forward (travel, school, sports..) . That's the trade off, imo.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
UK’s June 21 reopening in doubt amid new COVID spread

Worldometer UK

Drama.
If I am not mistaken and google is correct they have 60% of people with first dose, and 40% with two. However that still leaves 40% out of the loop. What is more than enough for another wave and all related problems. Especially since that 40% is likely to socialize between themselves. Therefore as I said this will require 80+% to truly close the path of the virus. Especially now when everything will open all over the first world.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Whenever I see an American go "I don't want to get vaccinated" I think "Well, that's your prerogative.... but also : you ungrateful bastard! Over here people are begging, pushing and even cheating and bribing to get vaccinated. There are still far more people wanting to get vaccinated than vaccines available. Getting offered a vaccination is a fucking priviledge, man!

Oh trust me. I didn't know it was logically possible to be more embarrassed of my country than I have been this past year.

I got the Janssen vaccine (single dose and done). Experienced headache, nausea and chills for a few hours (chills lasted probably closer to 48 hrs.) but no fever. It's been close to two months now and I'm just fine. I have a friend who's largely reticent about his political views around me, but I sense he leans right. He asked me if I'm feeling different, had a hunger for human brains, I just told him the short-term symptoms I had, and no desire to eat human flesh :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Oh trust me. I didn't know it was logically possible to be more embarrassed of my country than I have been this past year.

I got the Janssen vaccine (single dose and done). Experienced headache, nausea and chills for a few hours (chills lasted probably closer to 48 hrs.) but no fever. It's been close to two months now and I'm just fine. I have a friend who's largely reticent about his political views around me, but I sense he leans right. He asked me if I'm feeling different, had a hunger for human brains, I just told him the short-term symptoms I had, and no desire to eat human flesh :)

The shame is only the smaller problem here. The real problem is that this "ideology" is being exported to the rest of the world through the internet.
Today this is hardly "just American thing".