• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I read in the NYTimes briefing this morning that infants and young children are being infected with COVID-19 at higher rates in Brazil now. Is this a mutation? Heartbreaking.

This is the link, although I can't access it because I don't pay for NYTimes.
Covid Is Killing Young Children in Brazil, Baffling Doctors - The New York Times

Brazilian variant is supposedly one of the more nasty ones.
Plus the idea that children as somehow completely immune to the virus is false. They probably wouldn't die but the damage can be done.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I read in the NYTimes briefing this morning that infants and young children are being infected with COVID-19 at higher rates in Brazil now. Is this a mutation? Heartbreaking.

This is the link, although I can't access it because I don't pay for NYTimes.
Covid Is Killing Young Children in Brazil, Baffling Doctors - The New York Times

I didn't see lately any news about that here - I also can't read that news either.
I mean, it kills some few children, not much significantly.

But yeah, people here have been with schools open a lot of time, the online schooling didn't lasted more than a few months last year. Teachers had been trying to resist but not with much efficacy.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Our third wave is fading and that should be it. Since the effect of the vaccines is kicking in and that in the combination with warmer weather should end the pandemic.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Our third wave is fading and that should be it. Since the effect of the vaccines is kicking in and that in the combination with warmer weather should end the pandemic.

Don't you think that it could have a 4th wave on Brazil, India specially and Africa?
However for these 3, it would be their 2nd or 3rd wave.
If you look at Brazil, there are 2 or 3 waves depending on how you interpret it.
India no doubt has two waves.
I believe Brazil might have a extended 3rd wave and India will probably have either an extended 2nd wave or a new 3rd one. Africa in the next few years might struggle at least a bit.

South American countries should follow Brazil trends in some extent.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
What happens when the department of health and the lottery commission get together?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Don't you think that it could have a 4th wave on Brazil, India specially and Africa?
However for these 3, it would be their 2nd or 3rd wave.
If you look at Brazil, there are 2 or 3 waves depending on how you interpret it.
India no doubt has two waves.
I believe Brazil might have a extended 3rd wave and India will probably have either an extended 2nd wave or a new 3rd one. Africa in the next few years might struggle at least a bit.

South American countries should follow Brazil trends in some extent.

I said "our third wave", what means that I talking about 200 mile radius around me. Therefore what will happen on the level of the world remains to be seen.
Especially since need vaccination levels wouldn't be achieved before 2023 at the current vaccination rate.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What happens when the department of health and the lottery commission get together?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Over the last month we used something like half of the doses we used from the start. What led to something like 80+% reduction in new cases.
Therefore many regions are now in double digits when it comes to the number of active cases. At this rate we are fully back in normal somewhere in July.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Report: Wuhan Lab Staff Went To Hospital With Covid-Like Symptoms Before Confirmed Outbreak, New Intelligence Finds

Three researchers working at a Wuhan virology lab were hospitalized with Covid-like symptoms weeks before the first Covid-19 case was confirmed in China on December 8, according to newly disclosed U.S. intelligence obtained and reported by the Wall Street Journal on Sunday—corroborating previous State Department findings and casting further doubts on the longstanding assertion that Covid-19 did not escape from a lab.

SURPRISING FACT
Though the virus was first confirmed in December 2019, WHO researchers have since identified more than 90 potential Covid-19 cases dating as far back as October of that year.

CRUCIAL QUOTE
Asked earlier this month whether he was confident Covid-19 developed naturally, Dr. Anthony Fauci, one of the nation's top infectious disease experts, responded: "No actually... I am not convinced about that. I think we should continue to investigate what went on in China until we continue to find out to the best of our ability what happened… Certainly, the people who investigated it say it likely was the emergence from an animal reservoir that then infected individuals, but it could have been something else, and we need to find that out.”

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I really wonder how this incoming economic recovery will look like.
Since so many will be stuck with huge COVID medical bills for quite some time, or they simply couldn't pay their existing medical bills for over a year (due to obvious reasons). What altogether could really drag all of this for quite some time.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The bribery continues...

Big Prizes: CVS throws in tropical trips, Superbowl tickets in vaccine push

(Reuters) - U.S. pharmacy chain CVS is helping President Joe Biden's push to get 70% of Americans vaccinated against COVID-19 by Independence Day, promising customers prizes ranging from tropical cruises to a trip to Superbowl LVI if they get shots.

The move by CVS, which has over 9,600 pharmacies across the United States, adds to the range of incentives being offered by states and companies desperate to get vaccination rates up and American life back to some degree of normality.

Ohio Governor Mike DeWine earlier this month offered baseball tickets and beer as well as a $1 million prize draw for those who got at least one vaccine dose.

New York's "Vax & Scratch" program is handing out free lottery tickets to adults getting their first dose this week.

The CVS scheme will run from June 1 and feature gift cards and prizes from consumer goods giant Procter & Gamble, dating app Hinge and Norwegian Cruise Line in a series of weekly sweepstakes...

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Oh good, we're allowed a little more freedom of thought and discussion now.

Facebook Ends Ban on Posts Asserting Covid-19 Was Man-Made - WSJ

“In light of ongoing investigations into the origin of COVID-19 and in consultation with public health experts, we will no longer remove the claim that COVID-19 is man-made or manufactured from our apps,” Facebook said in a statement on its website Wednesday.