• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Should I off myself now then because for the rest of my life I'll have to hear wars on masks, people who assume I'm careless and trying to kill grandma, or the fact my anxiety will never go down since a lot of my family is high risk? :D

We will adapt as a species, and you will adapt as a person. Sorry, I wish I had better news. I hope I am wrong, that this isn't going to be the new normal, but all signs point to more of this in the near future. Humanity's past mistakes and abuses of the planet have led to this, the chickens have come home to roost.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
We will adapt as a species, and you will adapt as a person. Sorry, I wish I had better news. I hope I am wrong, that this isn't going to be the new normal, but all signs point to more of this in the near future. Humanity's past mistakes and abuses of the planet have led to this, the chickens have come home to roost.

Oh I do agree. I just I guess this pandemic really chilled my inner crusader who once believed there was more kind and selfless people than there are assholes.... Now it kind of feels like what's the point? What am I even doing here?

I figure this is the mental health spiral doctors speak of though. A whole other forgotten epidemic in all of this. All the other shadows come to light in all of this.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Oh I do agree. I just I guess this pandemic really chilled my inner crusader who once believed there was more kind and selfless people than there are assholes.... Now it kind of feels like what's the point? What am I even doing here?

I figure this is the mental health spiral doctors speak of though. A whole other forgotten epidemic in all of this. All the other shadows come to light in all of this.

Yes, it's been a tough past year or so. It really shook me but I'm finally feeling more optimistic. We'll come through, if we get our collective shit together. I think we need to start colonizing Mars, Callisto, the asteroids and building massive long term generational spacecraft.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I'm fairly sure I had the flu but I catch everything lol. Despite getting negative on that antibody test I'm still unsure I really didn't have covid because I mentally feel like I had to have had it because I haven't "caught" it yet.

I realize the mask seems super great but some of us don't cope well with masks so I hope exemptions continue to exist. Because if you start requiring masks for every fucking illness I'm gonna have to apply for disability because of my anxiety. Let's not. I'd rather not think of a future where I don't HAVE a future....

Did you get a flu shot?

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Did you get a flu shot?

I've never had a flu shot in my life actually...my parents never had me get one...

I know I know I'm officially the scariest person in this thread. The only vaccines I have are the ones which are required to be in a public university or as a child. I did have to get a second MMR vaccine since it had been so long. I think there was something else I got when I was a teen too...forget what that was.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've never had a flu shot in my life actually...my parents never had me get one...

I know I know I'm officially the scariest person in this thread. The only vaccines I have are the ones which are required to be in a public university or as a child. I did have to get a second MMR vaccine since it had been so long. I think there was something else I got when I was a teen too...forget what that was.

Go get a flu shot. Take control of your own health.

Public Health Districts | Idaho Department of Health and Welfare

Then make appointments to get your entire slate of vaccines and the boosters we all need throughout life. HPV as well.

Jaguar

Assholes refusing to wear masks while being sheltered at the Capitol. Now people are starting to test positive.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

For some odd reason this message make you remember that both of us were quite optimistic on the beginning of this crisis, on March when the stocks were all falling, remember? "The world is going to have a big shake" and I were even beginning to think that Humanity would be more united, people would be more considerate of others, etc...

10 months later, nothing of that happened :cry:

Well, me too, I got hope...
And hope was trashed.
Feel like the same way you do now.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Gut microbiota composition reflects disease severity and dysfunctional immune responses in patients with COVID-19 | Gut

Results Gut microbiome composition was significantly altered in patients with COVID-19 compared with non-COVID-19 individuals irrespective of whether patients had received medication (p<0.01). Several gut commensals with known immunomodulatory potential such as Faecalibacterium prausnitzii, Eubacterium rectale and bifidobacteria were underrepresented in patients and remained low in samples collected up to 30 days after disease resolution. Moreover, this perturbed composition exhibited stratification with disease severity concordant with elevated concentrations of inflammatory cytokines and blood markers such as C reactive protein, lactate dehydrogenase, aspartate aminotransferase and gamma-glutamyl transferase.

Conclusion Associations between gut microbiota composition, levels of cytokines and inflammatory markers in patients with COVID-19 suggest that the gut microbiome is involved in the magnitude of COVID-19 severity possibly via modulating host immune responses. Furthermore, the gut microbiota dysbiosis after disease resolution could contribute to persistent symptoms, highlighting a need to understand how gut microorganisms are involved in inflammation and COVID-19.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP

Just my personal experience, but the flu vaccination (nasal mist and shot, 3-4 different years) did not appear to affect how often I had the flu or its severity when compared with previous years or years afterwards in which I did not. I haven't had one since around 2015.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Bad news, everybody. Or good. It's relative, I guess. Orthodox rabbi warns COVID-19 vaccine will make you gay

Israeli Rabbi Daniel Asor took to the internet last weekend to warn his listeners “any vaccine made using an embryonic substrate, and we have evidence of this, causes opposite tendencies.” The embryonic substrate Asor refers to an element of the new vaccine used to program immune response in patients.

I'm experiencing a bit of conspiracy envy. U.S. conspiracies are pretty banal in comparison.

Nicodemus

Bad news, everybody. Or good. It's relative, I guess. Orthodox rabbi warns COVID-19 vaccine will make you gay

Israeli Rabbi Daniel Asor took to the internet last weekend to warn his listeners “any vaccine made using an embryonic substrate, and we have evidence of this, causes opposite tendencies.” The embryonic substrate Asor refers to an element of the new vaccine used to program immune response in patients.

I'm experiencing a bit of conspiracy envy. U.S. conspiracies are pretty banal in comparison.
Does that mean I was immune the whole time?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does that mean I was immune the whole time?

I ...guess it depends on if it's the vaccine that made you gay? I'm not exactly sure how it works. (The claim is that it causes "opposite tendencies", so maybe people switch back to normal after the second dose? The article definitely raises more questions than it answers).

ETA All I know is that it's better than anything U.S. conspiracy theorists have produced. 5g? :nopoints:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Oh the empty promises. It would be awesome if the vaccine could make me gay. Maybe the second dose?

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh the empty promises. It would be awesome if the vaccine could make me gay. Maybe the second dose?

It's funny, this was my first thought as well. And when I scrolled down (the Twitter feed that posted it), it was the top comment underneath it too. :laugh:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

Actually, its both the new variation and the local government irresponsability combined with people not caring about it on the New Year and Christmas - it seems that the gathers were done as usual, including my family. And in my family, well, in the New Year's party some people just went maskless (and Grandma & Grandpa were there), did not bothered much and some people take the masks out inside the party - actually, there was one part of the party where there was me and 3 other familiars and I was the only one wearing a mask. And no, I can't really fight much them about it and just be a little whiny about it. So, this kind of behaviour did lead to this, and actually the state of the country which did had a oxygen shortage had a protest where merchants, people from commerce and neolibs, did protest against the quarantine (yeah, a "classic" anti-quarantine protests) and, due to the protest, several measures were taken out, so they did opened almost everything, had uncautioned parties, etc.. and the oxygen supply couldn't handle a sudden spark of people going on the hospital. So yeah I can pretty much blame neolibs on this one and part of them will get away with it.

In my own family Christmas and New Year's party COVID wasn't present, so we went just fine.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Almost a third of recovered Covid patients return to hospital in five months and one in eight die

"Out of 47,780 people who were discharged from hospital in the first wave, 29.4 per cent were readmitted to hospital within 140 days, and 12.3 per cent of the total died.
The current cut-off point for recording Covid deaths is 28 days after a positive test, so it may mean thousands more people should be included in the coronavirus death statistics."

Wow... I did clicked likes but it would be more like a thanks, I could be misunderstood so I disclicked it. ANyway, thanks for the info.