• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Ugh. I’m not surprised, but still. :dont:

In one confrontation at the Westfield mall on Sunday, a woman who told protesters she was a doctor said her relative was in the hospital with COVID-19. A protester responded, "People die. That’s life. People die. Your father’s not special."

...What a piece of human garbage.

Glad I live in the Northeast. It’s too fricken cold for people to pull that crap here.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
During a public conference Monday, Dr. Christina Ghaly, director for the county's department of health services, reiterated that wearing a face covering isn't a statement about "how you feel about your own health."

"Wearing a mask will protect you, but even more so it will protect those around you," Ghaly said. "[It's] a statement about how committed you are to protecting the health and the lives of those around you."

:mellow:

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Death of Florida doctor following COVID-19 vaccine under investigation

A Florida doctor has died several weeks after receiving a COVID-19 vaccine, although it's not yet clear whether his death Monday was related to the shot he received on Dec. 18.

Dr. Gregory Michael, 56, an OB-GYN at Mount Sinai Medical Center in Miami Beach, died after suffering a hemorrhagic stroke apparently resulting from a lack of platelets.

In a Facebook post, Michael's wife, Heidi Neckelmann, said he sought emergency care three days after the shot because he had dots on his skin that indicated internal bleeding.

The condition she said led to his stroke, called thrombocytopenia, results from a lower-than-normal number of platelets, which help the blood clot.

In extremely rare cases, the measles, mumps and rubella vaccine has been linked to thrombocytopenia in young children, according to a 2003 study. The condition can also be caused by cancer, anemia, heavy drinking, viruses, some genetic conditions, toxic chemicals and medications such as diuretics and the rarely used antibiotic chloramphenicol.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
loechermaske-thomas-seitz-afd-100-resimage_v-variantBig1xN_w-1024.jpg

This gentleman with the mash on his face is Thomas Seitz, a far right member of the German parliament who was just released from hospital ICU where he had to be put on a ventilator and according to his own admission was struggling for his life due to a severe case of Covid-19. He just came public saying he still thinks the pandemic is overblown! :shock:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
loechermaske-thomas-seitz-afd-100-resimage_v-variantBig1xN_w-1024.jpg

This gentleman with the mash on his face is Thomas Seitz, a far right member of the German parliament who was just released from hospital ICU where he had to be put on a ventilator and according to his own admission was struggling for his life due to a severe case of Covid-19. He just came public saying he still thinks the pandemic is overblown! :shock:

This is pretty simple, that profile of people doesn't really care about pain and suffering. Mostly since they don't want to deal with the concept of vulnerability (their own included).

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Btw what is with flu this winter ? Did the masks and measures kill it in the start ?

Yes, the coronavirus measures seem to have helped limit flu cases, at least here in the USA. I think some of these measures would be wise to continue every year during flu season, particularly masks and limiting the number of persons allowed indoors at any given time, as well as the social distancing. Particularly in those years when we see very nasty strains of flu floating around, I think it would help limit the number of bad flu cases and take the strain off of the hospitals.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yes, the coronavirus measures seem to have helped limit flu cases, at least here in the USA. I think some of these measures would be wise to continue every year during flu season, particularly masks and limiting the number of persons allowed indoors at any given time, as well as the social distancing. Particularly in those years when we see particularly nasty strains of flu floating around, I think it would help limit the number of bad flu cases and take the strain off of the hospitals.

Of course they helped, so the question was are there any signs of flu at all at this point (we have people that are professionally into medicine here).
I mean here there is not a word about it. Probably since we pressed hard enough that even COVID as much "stronger" virus is collapsing in new infections (over 80% down in active known cases from a month ago). I mean from the start it was said that some things can be learned in this pandemic, especially regarding the flu.

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course they helped, so the question was are there any signs of flu at all at this point (we have people that are professionally into medicine here).
I mean here there is not a word about it. Probably since we pressed hard enough that even COVID as much "stronger" virus is collapsing in new infections (over 80% down in active known cases from a month ago). I mean from the start it was said that some things can be learned in this pandemic, especially regarding the flu.

and I answered the question, yes, it has helped limit the flu in the USA. I forget the exact numbers but I have seen reports that flu cases are overall down from previous years' typical numbers. I imagine it would be hard to get the most accurate numbers anyway, since many people simply don't go to the doctor or report when they have had the flu.

I remember having that same thought when talking about it to my wife last March, that I bet there would be a great reduction in cold and flu cases this year if we continued with strong COVID measures.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm fairly sure I had the flu but I catch everything lol. Despite getting negative on that antibody test I'm still unsure I really didn't have covid because I mentally feel like I had to have had it because I haven't "caught" it yet.

I realize the mask seems super great but some of us don't cope well with masks so I hope exemptions continue to exist. Because if you start requiring masks for every fucking illness I'm gonna have to apply for disability because of my anxiety. Let's not. I'd rather not think of a future where I don't HAVE a future....

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm fairly sure I had the flu but I catch everything lol. Despite getting negative on that antibody test I'm still unsure I really didn't have covid because I mentally feel like I had to have had it because I haven't "caught" it yet.

I realize the mask seems super great but some of us don't cope well with masks so I hope exemptions continue to exist. Because if you start requiring masks for every fucking illness I'm gonna have to apply for disability because of my anxiety. Let's not. I'd rather not think of a future where I don't HAVE a future....

This may be our future. A world where increasingly nasty viral pandemics becomes the norm.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
This may be our future. A world where increasingly nasty viral pandemics becomes the norm.

Should I off myself now then because for the rest of my life I'll have to hear wars on masks, people who assume I'm careless and trying to kill grandma, or the fact my anxiety will never go down since a lot of my family is high risk? :D