• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is the development of confirmed daily new infections for Germany. At 82 million we have about 1/4 of the population of the USA.

Mhc23WI

What strikes me as interesting about this curve is that it is pretty much exactly what the strategy of "the hammer and the dance" describes which was much talked about at the beginning of the pandemic. A sharp upward move, an equally sharp downward move and some wiggle on a low level (so far). Right now numbers are going up again because people are returning from vacations or going to parties, etc. These new infections are mostly from private sources, i.e. neither in schools nor at the workplace but people infecting famil and friends, etc. So as part of the "dance" we might have to tighten some measures again for a while, at least locally.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Here is the development of confirmed daily new infections for Germany. At 82 million we have about 1/4 of the population of the USA.

nCp85aQ.png

What strikes me as interesting about this curve is that it is pretty much exactly what the strategy of "the hammer and the dance" describes which was much talked about at the beginning of the pandemic. A sharp upward move, an equally sharp downward move and some wiggle on a low level (so far).

Right now numbers are going up again because people are returning from vacations or going to parties, etc. Some fatigue is setting in and we too have our share of covidiots. These new infections are mostly from private sources, i.e. neither in schools nor at the workplace but people infecting family and friends, etc. So as part of the "dance" we might have to tighten some measures again for a while, at least locally.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram

nCp85aQ.png

What strikes me as interesting about this curve is that it is pretty much exactly what the strategy of "the hammer and the dance" describes which was much talked about at the beginning of the pandemic. A sharp upward move, an equally sharp downward move and some wiggle on a low level (so far).

Right now numbers are going up again because people are returning from vacations or going to parties, etc. Some fatigue is setting in and we too have our share of covidiots. These new infections are mostly from private sources, i.e. neither in schools nor at the workplace but people infecting family and friends, etc. So as part of the "dance" we might have to tighten some measures again for a while, at least locally.

Did you look at the US and Brazil curves?
The curve of your country is the curve of a country which take the pandemic serious: It get a peak, people stopped, it went down and recently there is a threat of a second wave, but in general the pandemic kept low except for the peak.
Your government likely responded in basic 2 weeks.

Here is the Brazil curve, the pretty much "its just a flu and media is exaggerating, lets get back to work" curve, basically the place where anti-science republicans won (they can praise Bolsonaro and his friends):

OiLHKAK.png

Here is the US curve, not exactly the same carelessness of Brazil, but definitely not handed seriously. US is a developed country that seem to dealt with the virus as it was an under-developed one:

E30aYSY.png

Actually, I think the virus seems to being slow down world-wide - at least seems to be on Brazil.
Doctors have been able to deal better with the virus today than they did 4-6 months ago, which helped into dropping the number of deaths.

I guess in general this crisis should be over by the end of the year, start of the year for US and Brazil.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Did you look at the US and Brazil curves?
The curve of your country is the curve of a country which take the pandemic serious: It get a peak, people stopped, it went down and recently there is a threat of a second wave, but in general the pandemic kept low except for the peak.
Your government likely responded in basic 2 weeks.

Here is the Brazil curve, the pretty much "its just a flu and media is exaggerating, lets get back to work" curve, basically the place where anti-science republicans won (they can praise Bolsonaro and his friends):

OiLHKAK.png

Here is the US curve, not exactly the same carelessness of Brazil, but definitely not handed seriously. US is a developed country that seem to dealt with the virus as it was an under-developed one:

E30aYSY.png

Actually, I think the virus seems to being slow down world-wide - at least seems to be on Brazil.
Doctors have been able to deal better with the virus today than they did 4-6 months ago, which helped into dropping the number of deaths.

I guess in general this crisis should be over by the end of the year, start of the year for US and Brazil.

Yes, our media publishes the daily numbers for the top ten most effected countries and some curves for the most important countries including Brazil and the USA.

I am aware the we have been lucky to have gotten through this with relatively few losses so far and that this is down to a mixture of luck and a relativey early, relatively reasonable and sober approach to the lockdown. Support for the measures during the lockdown was around 80% and people tend to follow the law on compulsory masks in stores and public transport.

However, this can easily get out of hand very quickly, that's just in the nature of exponential growth. As I said, we also have our fair share of people who believe the reptiloids living in the center of the earth invented a fake pandemic to help Bil Gates microchip and then kill or remote control all humans to feast on their adrenochrom .... or something along those lines. There have been demonstrations against the measures and people decrying a "corona dictatorship".
There has also been reasonable and justified criticism that those measures could have been implemented better, that some were unnecessary and others too little too late or that the state is spending the recovery money on the wrong sectors of society or the economy or too much or too little and that schools are opening too early or too late and don't have adequate safety plans. That's in the nature of a democracy.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The population of the U.S. is 328 million. 165k people have died from coronavirus complications. That's 1 out of every 1,987 people. 🇺🇸

Two weeks ago^. 1 of every 1,802 people (182k total) in U.S. have now died of coronavirus complications.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Yes, our media publishes the daily numbers for the top ten most effected countries and some curves for the most important countries including Brazil and the USA.

I am aware the we have been lucky to have gotten through this with relatively few losses so far and that this is down to a mixture of luck and a relativey early, relatively reasonable and sober approach to the lockdown. Support for the measures during the lockdown was around 80% and people tend to follow the law on compulsory masks in stores and public transport.

However, this can easily get out of hand very quickly, that's just in the nature of exponential growth. As I said, we also have our fair share of people who believe the reptiloids living in the center of the earth invented a fake pandemic to help Bil Gates microchip and then kill or remote control all humans to feast on their adrenochrom .... or something along those lines. There have been demonstrations against the measures and people decrying a "corona dictatorship".
There has also been reasonable and justified criticism that those measures could have been implemented better, that some were unnecessary and others too little too late or that the state is spending the recovery money on the wrong sectors of society or the economy or too much or too little and that schools are opening too early or too late and don't have adequate safety plans. That's in the nature of a democracy.

Well, for reasons that media doesnt say much, I think its unlikely that is going to happen, but I understand your concern.

You have to remember that in Brazil pretty much around 90% of people are out of any sort of quarantine. Only people living with old people and the old people are on quarantine (in general). A good bunch of places had got out of home office and are back to normal work. Yet, r/t here is around 1. Chile on graphs seem to had an ugly crisis as well (its pretty funny how Chile crisis usually goes so much silent, they had a crisis in 2013-2015 as well - but not much news about it) but r/t is around 1 too.

I think that people are using masks (not everybody here uses mask, unmasked people is usual, but the majority does), taking measures like properly cleaning their hands, etc... and that is making the virus having a harder time. I think, not sure..

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
trump and dems are lying. the only thing that will protect us is the power of C O P P E R. One person out of every one people will survive with C O P P E R

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In an effort to reduce violence, CDC updated their page Monday, urging businesses not to argue with people who refuse to wear a mask.

Limiting Workplace Violence Associated with COVID-19 Prevention Policies in Retail and Services Businesses | CDC

This shouldn’t even be a concern, but it’s the unfortunate reality we’re living in right now.

LOL, so let people without masks have their way like the big spoiled, selfish babies they are. Too bad they refuse the power of C O P P E R

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In an effort to reduce violence, CDC updated their page Monday, urging businesses not to argue with people who refuse to wear a mask.

Limiting Workplace Violence Associated with COVID-19 Prevention Policies in Retail and Services Businesses | CDC

This shouldn’t even be a concern, but it’s the unfortunate reality we’re living in right now.
Wow. But I can believe it because I'm surrounded by that attitude and so are most people in my family. It is interesting how the pandemic has brought to the surface just how dysfunctional American society actually is. When I see people's inability to grasp the simple concept of covering one's mouth during a respiratory pandemic, I look back on my life and don't take anything that has ever happened to me personally. If even somewhat educated people can lack such simple reasoning skills, what does that say about their other decisions?

There are even cases where people go the other extreme and think masks are magical, so you can do anything if you wear one, but more often I'm encountering people saying the pandemic is imaginary or that it doesn't matter if people are infected because Jesus is coming, or if they discover one kind of mask is less effective they think all masks are a joke. The basic bratty behavior about it is also demoralizing. I didn't realize that people en masse in this culture really have nearly no capacity to think about other people, but only themselves and their convenience and comfort.

It is the end point of the Western ideal of individualism, but removed of any philosophical understanding, and ironically resulting in a bunch of spoiled minions who throw collective temper tantrums.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

Well, I double dog dare one of these chuds to try that at an Asian market. One go around with a tiny, loud Korean woman, you will never go unmasked again.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Gosh. Seems like most people just want "the trains to run on time", what could go wrong with that mindset?

Andy

Supreme High Commander
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Bring back brass handrails and door knobs.

I've already done this in my house, though mostly out of sense of style... I like brass, its like gold except less tacky.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
India +76 800

Evidently a today's record among all countries of the world.
In the the incoming days they should even pass 78 000 a day. If memory serves me well that is the largest daily gain of cases any country had since the start of the pandemic.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx