• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I need to do this :|
I'm not among the stupid ones. Just trapped in a country full of idiots killing us all. It's grievous to me, to be suffering at the hands of others this way...and to be taking every precaution I can while these morons act like it's all fine and endanger me because of their idiocy. I just want to be able to be in a place that handles this pandemic properly so I can also.

Living in America right now...is like being in a building that's on fire but you can't evacuate...except the other people in the building are the ones making the fire so horrible.

Jaguar

I just want to be able to be in a place that handles this pandemic properly so I can also.

I never thought there would come a day when I would be looking at homes for sale online and taking into account who the hell is running the state and assessing their COVID response. It's like being in some fucked up movie with a shitty script.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
I never thought there would come a day when I would be looking at homes for sale online and taking into account who the hell is running the state and assessing their COVID response. It's like being in some fucked up movie with a shitty script.
Yeah, I'm about to be doing the same and hauling ass once hurricane season hurls one this way.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The population of the U.S. is 328 million. 165k people have died from coronavirus complications. That's 1 out of every 1,987 people. 🇺🇸

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I need to do this :|
I'm not among the stupid ones. Just trapped in a country full of idiots killing us all. It's grievous to me, to be suffering at the hands of others this way...and to be taking every precaution I can while these morons act like it's all fine and endanger me because of their idiocy. I just want to be able to be in a place that handles this pandemic properly so I can also.

Living in America right now...is like being in a building that's on fire but you can't evacuate...except the other people in the building are the ones making the fire so horrible.

I know, here all this is on all news every day.

Although those that found a way all the way here and stood in front of the camera said that they would much rather be here than in US at this point (NYC to be exact). Because here social climate is much much better at this point. What is kinda logical since this is basically E9 country, clear majority will do what it takes but people wouldn't really get worked up about most things. Especially since the trust in government is much bigger. Plus the lady from UK sounded similar as US people. Therefore I can't blame them, if you have the money for basics here is much better place to be at the moment. Since here for months US is known as "the main hot spot of the pandemic" and this is exactly why there is a general travel ban at this point.

The population of the U.S. is 328 million. 165k people have died from coronavirus complications. That's 1 out of every 1,987 people. 🇺🇸

Plus and perhaps more importantly something like 1.7% of the country even officially got the virus. So the real number is probably closer to 5%, if it isn't bigger.

Btw we just passed 20 million registered cases globally.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9

But but but the survival rate is 99%. This number is a fucking fact if you are a man that will do anything to make college and NFL football happen. At the expense of young men and their entire life and health, of course.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
But but but the survival rate is 99%. This number is a fucking fact if you are a man that will do anything to make college and NFL football happen. At the expense of young men and their entire life and health, of course.

Well, if we do the math even with death rate of 1% that should still eventually lead to 3 300 000 millions premature deaths around the country. Under presumption that you can't get it again, what doesn't really seem to be the case. Not to mention stuff like medical bills, family problems, organ damage .... etc.

While real death rate seems to be around 3 to 4 % for developed countries, under presumption that you protect those that are extra vulnerable and that you do not overwhelm the medical system.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's Ted Cruz. What do you expect - his head went through a windshield and he's suffered ever since.

Sens. Markey, Cruz clash over coronavirus relief: 'It's not a goddamn joke Ted' | TheHill

He's talking about foot massages and soy lattes on Twitter currently. Ted Cruz I mean but the right seems obsessed with feet for some reason.

Sen. Markey is proposing pretty much what's been done in many other countries, definitely not outside the norm. May explain how many countries have been much more successful than the US in fighting COVID. The entire "how you gonna pay for that" argument evaporated the second the Federal Reserve socialized the US economy.

Jaguar

Given that Washington formally announced its plans to leave the WHO last month, “it became difficult for Germany and France to understand the added-value of a paper on WHO reform under U.S. leadership,” the spokesperson said.

Leadership? We don't have any.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Leadership? We don't have any.

Yeah, I think on this side of the Atlantic the semiofficial policy is to either get shit done without the USA or sit things out for a few more months and postpone any multilateral projects until... well, you get my point

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah, I think on this side of the Atlantic the semiofficial policy is to either get shit done without the USA or sit things out for a few more months and postpone any multilateral projects until... well, you get my point

In a way that is exactly why there is decent amount of none American people in places that talk about American politics. Since plenty of things got pointlessly disrupted over the last few years.
Therefore the mess in US is in every news on every day. Sometimes more, sometimes less, but it is present since it is dragging way too many serious question not to be interesting. Basically we are all waiting for November.

However this isn't just semiofficial policy, it is actually "standard practice" at this point.