• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Jaguar

You're not the first NTJ to be completely oblivious to how governed by your emotions you are.

You must be so accustomed to bullshitting people that you can't even tell when someone is being straight with you. That means your bullshit. Not theirs.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
You must be so accustomed to bullshitting people that you can't even tell when someone is being straight with you. That means your bullshit. Not theirs.

Did you know that if you point a finger at someone, there's four more pointing back at you?

bYIe_h-l34hXVIonZM_xBYPOLK4pLVEJ4wxA_yZB1E5Ie9mkAtVEiN0Z1f0QlDvch-VnBqn75tBM3dhjahqBiC04Y06ECED41FpjgU0edv3L3MUkR5Cozsx0oHgYQW99cK8Eqr8l52p8SPjzK1JOUOFemyp99ZSY7bVNNI7WXynP2WE

Jaguar

Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus - POLITICO

Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

"f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Louie Gohmert, who refused to wear a mask, tests positive for coronavirus - POLITICO

Rep. Louie Gohmert — a Texas Republican who has been walking around the Capitol without a mask — has tested positive for the coronavirus, according to multiple sources.

Gohmert was scheduled to fly to Texas on Wednesday morning with President Donald Trump and tested positive in a pre-screen at the White House. The eighth-term Republican told CNN last month that he was not wearing a mask because he was being tested regularly for the coronavirus.

"f I get it," he told CNN in June, "you'll never see me without a mask."

He thinks he got COVID from the mask.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I did notice that daily increases seemed to level off, but I haven't checked into whether this is accurate. I just know that I hate that it's absolutely believable.

29b75d0ea85a35753ffbdd5804c7f5d1.png

Hey, you and [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] and anyone else... (hmm, let me mark [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] too)
In my country (Brazil), I know that the number of deaths area already underestimated, reasoning is pages and pages ago, but whatever.
But...
Recently, and I mean since mid-June, the number of cases (new people infected) are basically rising. It is rising even more in the end of July.
But the number of deaths have been constant.
More people infected without the number of deaths answering... Do you think Bolsonaro and his crew invented a new way to hide deaths? This is a weird trend. I quote you because perhaps this trend is even happening on US. Are people getting more resistant to the virus? In Brazil, officially only a little bit more than 1% are infected, but the best estimate is 10%. Herd immunity is still a quite weak factor, based on the fact that people can get it again and that only 10% got it so far.

Its just a conduit for their rage and hatred towards conservatives, they don't actually care about COVID at all (notice how all posted articles find some way to target their "enemies" and how COVID seems to disappear entirely when they find a different vessel). If they ever abandoned that rage and hatred they would have nothing left, so this is what we get, forever and ever, till regret-filled death do we part.

I think that you might have fought a lot of people here with many no contact request and people are not even bothering answering you or this post.
It is incredibly depressing how this was transformed into a right vs left stuff.
Denying Corona, the masks, being against quarantine, being careless about corona deaths, fake news on Corona... The right wing is losing a lot of reasonable people.
Of course, in America, from Canada to Argentina. [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] country right wing is quite different. German right wing seemed to be in favour of quarantine.
But getting back on topic... The hate on this thread is more towards Corona denials, and they happen to be republicans. And, of course, lots of info have been posted here.

Jaguar

Planet Fitness will require you to wear a mask while you work out starting Aug. 1

Let them all break their necks to prove who "cares" the most about their customers. They'll all try and outdo each other and it will benefit public health, especially considering how many government leaders are doing everything they can to kill their constituents.

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Hey, you and [MENTION=4347]I think that you might have fought a lot of people here with many no contact request and people are not even bothering answering you or this post.
It is incredibly depressing how this was transformed into a right vs left stuff.
Denying Corona, the masks, being against quarantine, being careless about corona deaths, fake news on Corona... The right wing is losing a lot of reasonable people.
Of course, in America, from Canada to Argentina. [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] country right wing is quite different. German right wing seemed to be in favour of quarantine.
But getting back on topic... The hate on this thread is more towards Corona denials, and they happen to be republicans. And, of course, lots of info have been posted here.

Well, most of the people I "fought" here was in effort to keep it from being political, but their TDS unfortunately made that impossible (like so many others like them, across the country). Seeing as how I am pro-mask, pro social distancing, pro evidence, conservatively pro-caution, and not a "Covid denier" it's quite literally the only explanation. I have issued and received one no contact request each, which is absolutely fine (some people just can't hang with each other), but there's plenty I can hang with (even while disagreeing with them) and I have faith in the forum's ability to attract fresh participants- especially with such a solid voice of logic and reason regularly representing it as myself. :D

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Well, most of the people I "fought" here was in effort to keep it from being political, but their TDS unfortunately made that impossible (like so many others like them, across the country). Seeing as how I am pro-mask, pro social distancing, pro evidence, conservatively pro-caution, and not a "Covid denier" it's quite literally the only explanation. I have issued and received one no contact request each, which is absolutely fine (some people just can't hang with each other), but there's plenty I can hang with (even while disagreeing with them) and I have faith in the forum's ability to attract fresh participants- especially with such a solid voice of logic and reason regularly representing it as myself. :D

You are pro on these things but completely against any quarantine at any moment as far as I remember.

Jaguar

Let's keep it real about Taiwan and the USA:

Learning from Taiwan about fighting Covid-19 — and using EHRs - STAT

Some of the success is due to accidents of history, including the outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) that began in February 2003. It generated a culture of taking infections from China seriously — unlike what happened in the U.S. The island also has a strong “face mask” culture, which the U.S. should be emulating, but isn’t.

Taiwan enhanced Covid-19 case finding by proactively seeking out patients with severe respiratory symptoms (based on information from the National Health Insurance [NHI] database) who had tested negative for influenza and retested them for Covid-19.” The availability of almost immediate data on patient visits allowed the country to efficiently identify, test, trace, and isolate cases. This has dramatically reduced Covid-19 spread without the need for extensive lockdowns.

No other country we studied had a comparably effective real-time electronic health record system, including the U.S.

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
German right wing seemed to be in favour of quarantine.

Well, it depends. Normal conservatives (the governing center-right to which Merkel belongs) were in favor of the lockdown. In fact Bavaria, an absolute conservative stronghold, had one of the toughest lockdowns (less than in other countries but still). The conservative governor of Bavaria gained popularity by presenting himself as tough on the pandemic. From far left to conservatives everyone was in favor of a lockdown, the differences were merely about details like in what order to close or reopen things and how much government money to give to whom, etc. BUT the extreme far right (currently at about 10% of voters) is against these measures and flirts with pandemic denial, mask refusal, etc. Surveys show they are also the group most likely to believe in conspiracy narratives.

But the again I have long been saying that the global alt-right, neo-nationalist, anti-liberal movement has little to do with conservatism. Conservatism is about community and preserving institutions. It's about protecting the population from negative change including threats like a pandemic. The global new right is about destroying institutions and reversing social progress in order to return to a (mostly fictional) past glory with a much more lobsided power structure.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Hey, you and [MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION] and anyone else... (hmm, let me mark [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] too)
In my country (Brazil), I know that the number of deaths area already underestimated, reasoning is pages and pages ago, but whatever.
But...
Recently, and I mean since mid-June, the number of cases (new people infected) are basically rising. It is rising even more in the end of July.
But the number of deaths have been constant.
More people infected without the number of deaths answering... Do you think Bolsonaro and his crew invented a new way to hide deaths? This is a weird trend. I quote you because perhaps this trend is even happening on US. Are people getting more resistant to the virus? In Brazil, officially only a little bit more than 1% are infected, but the best estimate is 10%. Herd immunity is still a quite weak factor, based on the fact that people can get it again and that only 10% got it so far.

In every country there are specific elements that effect how the pandemic manifests. (average age, quality of medical system, political stability, climate etc.) Therefore it is hard to be universal about this.

However here certain lowering of death rates compared to active cases is linked to few factors: people who are at risk the most know it and therefore they are extra careful, summer is clearly the warmest part of the year and therefore creates stronger metabolism that helps the body regarding the virus, local authorities figured out the procedures how to protect vulnerable places like nursing homes, the healthcare is system adjusted to new normal ... etc. However if your president is a wild strongman and the climate is always warm this entire nicely structured argument doesn't may not mean anything in your case.