• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Jaguar

My personal advice is that you stop researching this endlessly, since by now the internet is probably full of unchecked info and conspiracies on both sides. We all know what we as citizens generally must do and therefore there is no need for this.

Endless researching? Unchecked info and conspiracies? See, this is where location matters. I merely turned on my TV months ago and listened to a doctor talking about COVID's ability to affect clotting of the blood. It's common knowledge by now. Blood clots are why a healthy guy in his 40's had to have a leg amputated from COVID. (He's also dead now, months later.) In Houston, TX some doctors are administering a drug called Heparin as part of their 'cocktail' to treat COVID in the hospital, because it keeps the blood from heavily clotting. They're also using corticosteroids, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B1. All four together. Apparently, they're saving lives with that protocol.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Endless researching? Unchecked info and conspiracies? See, this is where location matters. I merely turned on my TV months ago and listened to a doctor talking about COVID's ability to affect clotting of the blood. It's common knowledge by now. Blood clots are why a healthy guy in his 40's had to have a leg amputated from COVID. (He's also dead now, months later.) In Houston, TX some doctors are administering a drug called Heparin as part of their 'cocktail' to treat COVID in the hospital, because it keeps the blood from heavily clotting. They're also using corticosteroids, Vitamin C, and Vitamin B1. All four together. Apparently, they're saving lives with that protocol.

That was kinda my point, if they show this on TV then you don't have to search over and over through the internet for every detail on regular basis. My comment was regarding how she seems to psychologically approach the issue since she seem to be very focused on the info over and over again. In order words here that is also a part of the debate about the pandemic. I suppose I was kinda over the line but there were no bad intentions.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
NYT: Man, 30, Dies After Attending 'Covid Party', Texas Hospital Says

Dr. Appleby said the man had told his nurse that he attended a Covid party. Just before he died, she said the patient told his nurse: “I think I made a mistake. I thought this was a hoax, but it’s not.”

I really hope there are people asking these folks questions to glean exactly why they believed it was a hoax (e.g. because everyone around him believed it? because the POTUS directly said it?). If especially for future purposes of public safety, so experts know how to best convey what needs to be done in a way that gets heard.

Jaguar

That was kinda my point, if they show this on TV then you don't have to search over and over through the internet for every detail on regular basis. My comment was regarding how she seems to psychologically approach the issue since she seem to be very focused on the info over and over again. In order words here that is also a part of the debate about the pandemic. I suppose I was kinda over the line but there were no bad intentions.

There are a lot of people who don't sit and listen to doctors talking on TV like I do. It's not shiny enough to keep their attention. But if people are getting accurate info online, which is indeed the case here, I don't understand what the problem is. The understanding of this virus and how it can affect the body is evolving on a daily basis. What some believed to be true 4 months ago is not the case today. It's a learning process. Frankly, it reminds me of when HIV reared its ugly head in the early 80's. The same players are responding the same way. "How dare you think we're going to spend all that money testing the entire country's blood supply!" "The virus is not going to be a big deal!"

Yeah, right. HIV, no big deal.

Look, when 16 people can go out to a bar together and all 16 subsequently test positive for COVID, that's a big deal. My concern is it is possibly hanging in the air far longer than people realize, indoors. And the tighter the space the bigger the problem. Like I said, it's a learning process. New information will supplant the old as we go forward.

16 friends say they got coronavirus at a Florida bar | Miami Herald

The guy has a law degree from Harvard.

Clearly, we have different ideas of what the word smart means.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
EcroYYXWAAI5bdb

I keep seeing laughing emoticons under the final obit image when this cluster of images surfaces on FB. While part of me feels indifferent (i.e. they brought this on themselves), it makes me sad to see people actually laughing about it. I just really hate what this orange pig is doing to our country.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I dont understand the governor of Florida. He is a super smart guy and he actually knows a lot about covid. His policies don't make sense though.
He likely has some extreme political pressure on his choices. From what I understand Disney is a brutal corporation, so I'm sure he has mobster-level pressure from them. He might also prioritize his power relationships over the lives of his constituents.

Jaguar

DeSantis said he encourages parents to home school their children if they feel comfortable doing so.

“If a parent doesn’t feel comfortable and they want to offer distance learning, look, I believe in school choice across the board,” he said.

I found one comment I agree with.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
There are a lot of people who don't sit and listen to doctors talking on TV like I do. It's not shiny enough to keep their attention. But if people are getting accurate info online, which is indeed the case here, I don't understand what the problem is. The understanding of this virus and how it can affect the body is evolving on a daily basis. What some believed to be true 4 months ago is not the case today. It's a learning process. Frankly, it reminds me of when HIV reared its ugly head in the early 80's. The same players are responding the same way. "How dare you think we're going to spend all that money testing the entire country's blood supply!" "The virus is not going to be a big deal!"

Yeah, right. HIV, no big deal.

Look, when 16 people can go out to a bar together and all 16 subsequently test positive for COVID, that's a big deal. My concern is it is possibly hanging in the air far longer than people realize, indoors. And the tighter the space the bigger the problem. Like I said, it's a learning process. New information will supplant the old as we go forward.

As I said caution, knowledge, common sense, listening medical institutions .... that is all not only ok but quite desired. However if you start to be obsessed with the topic 24/7 that at least here also isn't healthy. If anything just because it builds up the stress and that isn't good for the body, mind or social relations. Not to mention that this often eventually leads to irrational or counter-phobic behavior. Which is dangerous during a pandemic.

For example I decided to paint and fix my fence as a way to dump extra energy and focus. Since I can do it while keeping clear distance, plus it need's to be done anyway.

Jaguar

As I said caution, knowledge, common sense, listening medical institutions .... that is all not only ok but quite desired. However if you start to be obsessed with the topic 24/7 that at least here also isn't healthy. If anything just because it builds up the stress and that isn't good for the body, mind or social relations. Not to mention that this often eventually leads to irrational or counter-phobic behavior. Which is dangerous during a pandemic.

You do realize this is a discussion thread for COVID, right? Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd you'd take issue with a person for posting about COVID? I don't see the obsession. ;)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
You do realize this is a discussion thread for COVID, right? Is it just me or does anyone else find it odd you'd take issue with a person for posting about COVID? I don't see the obsession. ;)

This isn't the only topic about COVID and what I said is mostly because she wants to know every angle of the problem. Therefore I just provided "unpopular" one. I don't really have a problem with anyone here (the last time I checked). :)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Speaking of the "idiot" in Florida.

Today there is 15300 new registered cases for the state. (towards worldometer)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I dont understand the governor of Florida. He is a super smart guy and he actually knows a lot about covid. His policies don't make sense though.

They don't have to, as long as his policies coddles the right wingers. Oh, we shouldn't politicize COVID? That's on Trump and the rest of the sheep in the GOP. In their quest to get supplies and funds for their states, they have allowed this administration's policies to kill their people. I'm certain DeSantis is justifying all of that right now somehow to himself and the few sane people left in Florida.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He likely has some extreme political pressure on his choices. From what I understand Disney is a brutal corporation, so I'm sure he has mobster-level pressure from them. He might also prioritize his power relationships over the lives of his constituents.
As long as our public officials prioritize politics over science, COVID will have the upper hand.

Tellenbach

in dreamland
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Politicians like DeSantis also have to consider the deaths that will result from not opening up the economy. Fauci is only looking at deaths from Covid-19 while ignoring the deaths from suicide here in the USA and starvation (300,000 are projected to die of starvation because of the economic shut-down) in 3rd World nations because of the economic shut-down.

Compared to the governors of NY, NJ, MA,CT, IL, MI, MD, RI, DE, and PA, DeSantis has done a terrific job. Florida is still under 200 deaths/million while NJ is at 1757 deaths/million.