• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Well, just to be made clear...
In Brazil it is exactly where the far right people anti-quarantine wins. They all should move and travel to here. Get your covid, it is just a flu anyway. This is the place, since the tropical Trump pretty much won.
The quarantine in general had a peak of 50% of people in their homes, a little more than that, and that is more or less of a guess since there is not truly data on that until recently when a lot of quarantines were over. There was never a national lockdown, some states did a lockdown for a week or two.
Far right were protesting every weekend of quarantine since the start of april. This weekend they gave a little bit of vacation because... This time the left decided to protest too. All spreading the virus to defend... In the case of far right, the old military dictatorship that took place in 1964-(1985-1988) here. That is why I see the republicans claiming freedom as an horrible joke: Far right did claim freedom too, and the back of a dictatorship. It is a bunch of pure hypocrisy.

Today we are the epidemic epicentre.. Not even Trump had a good thing to say about it here.
Commerce are re-opening despite peak, that process of re-opening start like 8-10 days by now.. and they have more or less 40-50% of consumption/costumers despite 60-75% of people are out there already.
Our economy exploded and prospered on the crisis, right? Since we had lot of openings... But, no, probably even country with lockdowns did better. Economy still went down because the consumption lowered anyway and people are sick. And will keep low for some time while country with lockdowns are recovering.

The government had manipulated data just again... Now only people who died in the same day are counted. Basically, if a person died and the paperhood and all stuff went until 17 PM to the state office and the state office properly sent to federal office, they count as dead. If the paperhood and all that stuff did not made it until 17 PM, which is pretty much half of the cases or even more, that death is no longer counted. With this new rule, the Bolsonaro government managed to recently get the deaths down by more than a half. Sunday or monday were 1100-1300 and something dead people, they re-applied this method at this same day removing "dupies" (people that did die in other days but the paperhood only got later) and managed to narrow the deaths down to less than 500 deads. Bolsonaro is really a messias since he managed to resurrect more than 500 people! And this 1100-1300 are lower than reality because several people are having their deaths redirected for respiratory diseases and other diseases as well.

So, yeah, here it is where the elite and the far right wins, and, of course, the all empty economic promises didnt worked and they are already blaming the governors and mayors (that actually at least tried to do lockdowns? A few of them,,). Congratulations.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Well, just to be made clear...
In Brazil it is exactly where the far right people anti-quarantine wins. They all should move and travel to here. Get your covid, it is just a flu anyway. This is the place, since the tropical Trump pretty much won.
The quarantine in general had a peak of 50% of people in their homes, a little more than that, and that is more or less of a guess since there is not truly data on that until recently when a lot of quarantines were over. There was never a national lockdown, some states did a lockdown for a week or two.
Far right were protesting every weekend of quarantine since the start of april. This weekend they gave a little bit of vacation because... This time the left decided to protest too. All spreading the virus to defend... In the case of far right, the old military dictatorship that took place in 1964-(1985-1988) here. That is why I see the republicans claiming freedom as an horrible joke: Far right did claim freedom too, and the back of a dictatorship. It is a bunch of pure hypocrisy.

Today we are the epidemic epicentre.. Not even Trump had a good thing to say about it here.
Commerce are re-opening despite peak, that process of re-opening start like 8-10 days by now.. and they have more or less 40-50% of consumption/costumers despite 60-75% of people are out there already.
Our economy exploded and prospered on the crisis, right? Since we had lot of openings... But, no, probably even country with lockdowns did better. Economy still went down because the consumption lowered anyway and people are sick. And will keep low for some time while country with lockdowns are recovering.

The government had manipulated data just again... Now only people who died in the same day are counted. Basically, if a person died and the paperhood and all stuff went until 17 PM to the state office and the state office properly sent to federal office, they count as dead. If the paperhood and all that stuff did not made it until 17 PM, which is pretty much half of the cases or even more, that death is no longer counted. With this new rule, the Bolsonaro government managed to recently get the deaths down by more than a half. Sunday or monday were 1100-1300 and something dead people, they re-applied this method at this same day removing "dupies" (people that did die in other days but the paperhood only got later) and managed to narrow the deaths down to less than 500 deads. Bolsonaro is really a messias since he managed to resurrect more than 500 people! And this 1100-1300 are lower than reality because several people are having their deaths redirected for respiratory diseases and other diseases as well.

So, yeah, here it is where the elite and the far right wins, and, of course, the all empty economic promises didnt worked and they are already blaming the governors and mayors (that actually at least tried to do lockdowns? A few of them,,). Congratulations.

I was watching the news today and there was a part on how mass of countries are opening up and they simply aren't ready for this from the medical perspective. Way too many active cases and uncertainties is still in the mix. While in some places where it is getting worse they are opening everything none the less. What altogether will surely be a disaster of some kind since people will get sick and economy wouldn't really work. It is true that many don't seem to have economic choice but downplaying the problem isn't really the right "gesture". This is basically "pick your poison" type of situation.

Globally the world didn't have a day bellow 100 000 new cases for 2 weeks now and many countries aren't really doing the proper testing or they are hiding the numbers. Therefore the real number could be multiple times higher. What means we are globally probably walking into a disaster. What will surely turn into economic disaster since more than 3/4 of the world is failing in this. China, most of EU and a few developed or island nations are the only ones that seem to be making clear progress. Everything else is a struggle or disaster for the most part.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I was watching the news today and there was a part on how mass of countries are opening up and they simply aren't ready for this from the medical perspective. Way too many active cases and uncertainties is still in the mix. While in some places where it is getting worse they are opening everything none the less. What altogether will surely be a disaster of some kind since people will get sick and economy wouldn't really work. It is true that many don't seem to have economic choice but downplaying the problem isn't really the right "gesture". This is basically "pick your poison" type of situation.

Globally the world didn't have a day bellow 100 000 new cases for 2 weeks now and many countries aren't really doing the proper testing or they are hiding the numbers. Therefore the real number could be multiple times higher. What means we are globally probably walking into a disaster. What will surely turn into economic disaster since more than 3/4 of the world is failing in this. China, most of EU and a few developed or island nations are the only ones that seem to be making clear progress. Everything else is a struggle or disaster for the most part.

It seems to me that most developed world are doing just fine, correct me if I am wrong.
Transmission rates for US is more or less 1 now, for example, isnt it?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Worldometer

Here are numbers once more and the current day isn't over. So this isn't final yet for today.
The official final should be around +120 000 for the whole world. How do you establish standing global economy with these numbers I am not really sure.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It seems to me that most developed world are doing just fine, correct me if I am wrong.

I don't know the transmission rates but officially US is running in place for the most part. Cured and newly infected are in general balance. However that isn't enough since you need to get of this trend significantly. Since even by running in place you get tired and that is basically pilling of debt in this case. Plus US has a huge grey zone of about 50 million people that live in poverty at the bottom in ghettos, what is probably the zone that lacks proper data. It could be worse but this isn't enough to end the problem.

Developed world is generally doing fine but there are exceptions like US, UK, Sweden and to some degree Belgium and Poland. That still didn't peak in active cases despite not too big numbers overall. France is also stagnant and Spain started to hide numbers (idiots). But others are generally ok or with decent trends.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Worldometer

Here are numbers once more and the current day isn't over. So this isn't final yet for today.
The official final should be around +120 000 for the whole world. How do you establish standing global economy with these numbers I am not really sure.

Brazil leads new deaths and new cases.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Brazil leads new deaths and new cases.

Yes it does. It would be interesting to see where it would be in the case that is has the testing like the first world (since it doesn't have even 10% of that by these numbers).
The both American continents and India seem to be the worst zones at this point, although that is probably Africa that lacks the testing data completely for the most of the continent.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
Yes it does. It would be interesting to see where it would be in the case that is has the testing like the first world (since it doesn't have even 10% of that by these numbers).
The both American continents and India seem to be the worst zones at this point, although that is probably Africa that lacks the testing data completely for the most of the continent.

The good news here is that far right Bolsonaro were forced by another government-"democratic" (more or less democratic) institution to re-publish the way that everybody does.
Just to give you an idea, the number you saw earlier today of 1000 and something was a little bit less than 500 with the new Bolsonaro criteria.

The last time I informed about this was more than a month ago, and the estimate for the real number of deaths is that it is a little bit less than double of what has been going on. So, basically, 1200 today means more or less 2000-2400, because the far right is managing to re-direct people dead from COVID to other diseases while spreading on whatsapp that the left is doing what they are actually doing. And that has been happening by two months already. I know that because as I said, the some other COVID cousin diseases (like respiratory ones, like pneumonia, I think) had a massive increase here.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
The good news here is that far right Bolsonaro were forced by another government-"democratic" (more or less democratic) institution to re-publish the way that everybody does.
Just to give you an idea, the number you saw earlier today of 1000 and something was a little bit less than 500 with the new Bolsonaro criteria.

The last time I informed about this was more than a month ago, and the estimate for the real number of deaths is that it is a little bit less than double of what has been going on. So, basically, 1200 today means more or less 2000-2400, because the far right is managing to re-direct people dead from COVID to other diseases while spreading on whatsapp that the left is doing what they are actually doing. And that has been happening by two months already. I know that because as I said, the some other COVID cousin diseases (like respiratory ones, like pneumonia, I think) had a massive increase here.

I know from the start that your president isn't the best person in doing his job in this situation. Since Brazil is evidently one of the worst hit countries in this mess. I even posted some articles critical of him when he got elected. It isn't really personal but this world simply doesn't need more people like that in the office.

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I know from the start that your president isn't the best person in doing his job in this situation. Since Brazil is evidently one of the worst hit countries in this mess. I even posted some articles critical of him when he got elected. It isn't really personal but this world simply doesn't need more people like that in the office.

I know.
I didnt voted for him.
However for my own sadness part of my family still supports him.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Why was the death rate in New York City so high? A nurse who was there explains part of the reason...

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I cannot speak for everywhere but I know in Idaho, Twin Falls county got hit within another little wave and we're having a lot of issues and some death in that area. Plus my mom said since restrictions have been lifted we're seeing about 30 more cases than usual happening every day. I think sadly people just don't care anymore. We were at the store the other day and no one wanted to distance. That and there's this issue that people think their mask will protect them from getting it. I keep trying to gently remind my friend that her mask doesn't keep her from getting it really, it keeps her from giving it to someone else...

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Worldometer: +133 000 registered new cases for today.
What is globally towards data the worst day since the start of the pandemic (while the day isn't even fully over).

Worldometer

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Numbers in Germany have been going up again for about a week. On a low level but still up as a trend. I hope that's due to local clusters being detected and not a general trend.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Why was the death rate in New York City so high? A nurse who was there explains part of the reason...

I will also share this contrasting video for the sake of balance. I do know these videos have completely demoralized some of my friends working as nurses in the medical field.

This nurse is an established anti-vaxxer and has a preconceived notion of the pandemic, so she did have an established agenda.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Worldometer: +133 000 registered new cases for today.
What is globally towards data the worst day since the start of the pandemic (while the day isn't even fully over).

Worldometer

Again +130 000, but the day isn't over and perhaps the yesterday's record will fall again. It is enough that Brazil repeats yesterday's number and not all countries are in either.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Again +130 000, but the day isn't over and perhaps the yesterday's record will fall again. It is enough that Brazil repeats yesterday's number and not all countries are in either.

+135 000, it looks it will spill over the top. (only 400 left to the record and still not everything is in)