• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Unfortunately I don’t quality for Pelosi pesos or Schumer shekels or Democrat dollars McConnell monies or Republican rubles or whatever we’re calling them today (never heard the term Trump bux before, but considering he doesn’t write legislation I find it an odd, laughable name). I am a little annoyed with the rise in Donnie debt though.

They will never understand this concept. Never. It's how Trump is able to stand there and say he alone has total" authority to decide to lift restrictions - with zero push back. Although they are more than willing to be critical of anyone who doesn't allow their brains to be pickled the nightly Trump rallies.

á´…eparted

passages
They will never understand this concept. Never. It's how Trump is able to stand there and say he alone has total" authority to decide to lift restrictions - with zero push back. Although they are more than willing to be critical of anyone who doesn't allow their brains to be pickled the nightly Trump rallies.

Things could get quite interesting (and likely bad) if he continues to push his "absolute power" bullshit, as a number of states are coming together and building a pact to deal with the coronavirus. If he keeps pushing it (and he almost certainly will) it will simply reinforce it.

US governors announce multi-state pacts to begin easing coronavirus orders | World news | The Guardian

Thank god I live in New Jersey currently.

I had not considered balkanization as a realistic possibility for what could happen in the wake of a Trump presidency, but with this occuring and the intractableness of the GOP I think it's possible. If the country does split into more autonomus regions things will get really messy for quite some time. At this point though, what else can be done? The federal government is corrupt and a danger to peoples lives, so the next step down - the governers - are stepping up to try and protect the public. I do hope it works.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Things could get quite interesting (and likely bad) if he continues to push his "absolute power" bullshit, as a number of states are coming together and building a pact to deal with the coronavirus. If he keeps pushing it (and he almost certainly will) it will simply reinforce it.

US governors announce multi-state pacts to begin easing coronavirus orders | World news | The Guardian

Thank god I live in New Jersey currently.

I had not considered balkanization as a realistic possibility for what could happen in the wake of a Trump presidency, but with this occuring and the intractableness of the GOP I think it's possible. If the country does split into more autonomus regions things will get really messy for quite some time. At this point though, what else can be done? The federal government is corrupt and a danger to peoples lives, so the next step down - the governers - are stepping up to try and protect the public. I do hope it works.

I'm down with a Great Lakes Khaganate (already been discussing balkanization and coalitions on lefty Twitter) but 3/4 of the US has no fucking idea what balkinization is, where the Balkins even are or anything that happened there to create the term.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Unfortunately I don’t quality for Pelosi pesos or Schumer shekels or Democrat dollars McConnell monies or Republican rubles or whatever we’re calling them today (never heard the term Trump bux before, but considering he doesn’t write legislation I find it an odd, laughable name). I am a little annoyed with the rise in Donnie debt though.

It is what the news calles it I believe, I find it funny. He didn't write the legislation, but his administration proposed the idea if I recall correctly. Which is why we call it Trumpbux. Obama didn't write Obamacare legislation, but it was his proposal as well. Same concept.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
It is what the news calles it I believe, I find it funny. He didn't write the legislation, but his administration proposed the idea if I recall correctly. Which is why we call it Trumpbux. Obama didn't write Obamacare legislation, but it was his proposal as well. Same concept.

Lol what news do you read? And Obamacare was coined by republicans in their attempt to hurt him politically.

rav3n

A lot of the misinformation/conspiracy theories have been spread and amped by Russia. This is an old article from March but I'm sure a lot of you have read some of the conspiracy theories and false information on the interwebs. I recognize some.

Russia deploying coronavirus disinformation to sow panic in West, EU document says - Reuters

For the alt-right and conservative members who lap up the misinformation, some of you are also dying:

Texas woman calls COVID-19 a hoax. She is now dead from her willful ignorance.

“MAGA”: Karen Kolb Sehlke, a Trump-loving woman from Texas is dead from COVID-19 after claiming the virus was a “media driven” hoax.

In a sad, cautionary tale of willful ignorance and hubris, Karen Kolb Sehlke is dead from COVID-19 after claiming the virus was a “media driven” hoax “controlled by the radical people in powerful places.”

In a long-winded Facebook rant Sehlke claimed that “our government is under attack from within” while comparing the coronavirus to “the impeachment hoax” and arguing that those who take the current pandemic seriously “panic like sheep.”

Gerald Glenn: Bishop who ignored social distancing guidelines dies of Covid-19 - CNN

Bishop Gerald Glenn, the pastor of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church in Virginia, has died, the church announced on Sunday. Glenn had tested positive for coronavirus, according to a video posted by his daughter Mar-Gerie Crawley.

Despite warnings from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to avoid mass gatherings and maintain social distancing, Glenn said in a sermon on March 22, "I firmly believe that God is larger than this dreaded virus," and announced he was not afraid to die.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol what news do you read? And Obamacare was coined by republicans in their attempt to hurt him politically.

I don't know who said it first, to be honest. Just that it circulated around as such. I distinctly memember the term because I called it that before it was used by someone else. Kinda crazy how thebterm popped up organically in multiple incidences. It was adopted on social media and the media around the same time. If you google "Trumpbux" you will see what I mean.

As for Obamacare, I called it that for the same reason. It is a shorthand reference for a specific policy. Even democrats use it now. I mean, I vited for Obama, and I didn't call it Obamacare to slander him. I did however, hate the policy.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
A lot of the misinformation/conspiracy theories have been spread and amped by Russia. This is an old article from March but I'm sure a lot of you have read some of the conspiracy theories and false information on the interwebs. I recognize some.

Russia deploying coronavirus disinformation to sow panic in West, EU document says - Reuters

For the alt-right and conservative members who lap up the misinformation, some of you are also dying:

Texas woman calls COVID-19 a hoax. She is now dead from her willful ignorance.

Gerald Glenn: Bishop who ignored social distancing guidelines dies of Covid-19 - CNN

Don't generalize.

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lol. Says the guy who injected the phrase “liberal donors” to describe the couple who ate the fish medicine. GTFO dude.

Thats because their identities were unconvered, and they were big donors. It also isn't a generalization. Usually that requires making a blanket statement about all in a specific group. Saying two people were Liberal isn't a generalization lol. Saying all GOP is evil, is a generalization. Saying all Liberals have mental illness, is a generalization. Think.

á´…eparted

passages
I'm down with a Great Lakes Khaganate (already been discussing balkanization and coalitions on lefty Twitter) but 3/4 of the US has no fucking idea what balkinization is, where the Balkins even are or anything that happened there to create the term.

I've been reflecting on this more today and while balakanization of the US would offer a lot of respite for a lot of people, on the long term it would be disasterous. I mean, that's not a surprise as that is what happenens with balkanization, but it won't end well.

It would take some time before it to occur, but individuals stuck in conservative states would die in high numbers. After the establishment of liberal state coalitions, a lot of people would start to flee the conservative states for them and there would come a point where those states would start to lock down their borders and prevent people from leaving, much like what North Korea did/does. There would be a lot of small wars - ground wars even - between the states and it would certainly spread globally at some point.

At this point though (and particularly if/when the conservatives steal the election) there really is no choice. The liberal states out of necessity are going to have to break off if they want to honor what the constitution is and protect the people.

If this happens, and someone lives out of a proposed coalition area, they will need to leave FAST or they will be at grave risk of being stuck outside of it for good. I fear for all of the minorities and poor who will lack the means and resources to escape. It will also spark an internal refugee crisis.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
so what you're basically saying is we're going to have another civil war.

á´…eparted

passages
so what you're basically saying is we're going to have another civil war.

Yeah, that's a much more succinct way of putting it. It's not certain, but it's becoming increasingly likely. I am just rather surprised at how it looks like it would come together.

If things start to look like it will go this way, get out of idaho

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, that's a much more succinct way of putting it. It's not certain, but it's becoming increasingly likely. I am just rather surprised at how it looks like it would come together.

If things start to look like it will go this way, get out of idaho

yeah wise, considering we have literally been called a northern extension of the south.

and I can kinda believe it. XD

á´…eparted

passages
No.

Balkanization - Wikipedia

Separatist movements happen all the time, even in the US, we don't have a war, neither do other countries.

The Trump government is not going to just allow states to start doing their own thing. If the pull away too sharply he'll start increasingly attacking them in various ways until the states literally have to defend themselves. If civil war happens, it will be because they attack first. It's already setting up to occur in that direction. I am unsure of the timeline, but if the actions they are pulling now are any indicator, it will happen at some point.

See this breakdown here to see what I mean.

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
Thats because their identities were unconvered, and they were big donors. It also isn't a generalization. Usually that requires making a blanket statement about all in a specific group. Saying two people were Liberal isn't a generalization lol. Saying all GOP is evil, is a generalization. Saying all Liberals have mental illness, is a generalization. Think.

You miss the point, yet again. The post you were responding to wasn't generalizing either. It said: "For the alt-right and conservative members who lap up the misinformation, some of you [i.e. conservatives who lap of the information] are also dying" and then he posted a link to the article. Nothing was said about all conservatives lapping up misinformation. And at least in this case, the relevance of the "conservative" qualifier was clear; i.e. he was talking to a particular group of misinformed conservatives about another misinformed conservative. Your inclusion of the "liberal donors" qualifier was a immaterial, except to associate their ignorance with liberalism in a roundabout way. Think.