• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Abcdenfp

Terpsichore
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W8
We have finally received the vaccine and the medical essential workers are refusing to take it because one political party has decided to suggest that its the sign of the anti Christ. So now we are moving quickly through the age groups as the mass population believe there is either a chip for tracking :doh:by bill gates OR its the mark of the beast lol.

I am just waiting for my turn. I have had enough of the ignorance that seems to be more contagious then the virus itself.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Here there is evidently a third wave and I am generally hiding away from people. However it is quite questionable if this would have happened in the case that the internet isn't full of nonsense about the topic. What all came from abroad as a mindset. Plus protests that were evidently the consequence of that were rated as super-spreading events, since there is no way what wasn't the case judging by the pictures. The government is trying to put out the fire.
Are any vaccines available there?

If the numbers I'm seeing are accurate, the Czech Republic is in terrible shape and has one of the highest rates of coronavirus in the world. I've been curious about what's going on there, but I don't speak Czech and haven't found much news in English. Slovenia has had a lot of cases per capita too.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We have finally received the vaccine and the medical essential workers are refusing to take it because one political party has decided to suggest that its the sign of the anti Christ. So now we are moving quickly through the age groups as the mass population believe there is either a chip for tracking :doh:by bill gates OR its the mark of the beast lol.

I am just waiting for my turn. I have had enough of the ignorance that seems to be more contagious then the virus itself.

I had the first dose of Moderna a few weeks ago. Was able to get it as I have asthma.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Are any vaccines available there?

If the numbers I'm seeing are accurate, the Czech Republic is in terrible shape and has one of the highest rates of coronavirus in the world. I've been curious about what's going on there, but I don't speak Czech and haven't found much news in English. Slovenia has had a lot of cases per capita too.

Well the whole central Europe is hit pretty badly for the most part at this point. What is because of a few reasons: plenty of people are getting tired of this whole situation, many governments will soon face elections and they don't want to be too restrictive (or they could face snap elections since their majority is thin or unstable), the new and more contagious variants are becoming the dominant version, many media and social media aren't really helping the whole situation with clarity, the vaccine suppliers aren't not supplying nearly what they have promised, EU didn't make the most efficient system of vaccine distribution .... etc. Therefore this is a salad of problems that just pilled one upon another.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Towards google: thus far only 3.68% of the world got first dose and only 1.42% the second dose. Therefore this is "show" that is far from over.
Since developed countries about which everyone talks about are something like 15% of the global population. Thus we didn't even touch the main bulk of the cake yet.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
April 5th the vaccine will be available to all here and I think I'm gonna get it...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I had the first dose of Moderna a few weeks ago. Was able to get it as I have asthma.

Between that and my too-high BMI, I would have been able to get in Maryland Phase 2 as well (it's currently on 1C).

I have a shot scheduled today (Moderna) though, since our fed agency determined that our workers qualified as essential and thus falling under 1C. We have two large centers in the nearby city, and three pharmacy chains (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens) that are offering the vaccine in Maryland. Where you go determines what vaccine you get. At this stage, it's hard to find a shot and you have to scour the online pages repeatedly in hopes something opens. I had been looking on and off for about two weeks now and finally got something yesterday.

I had no luck with Walgreens, nothing was ever available. I had better luck with CVS, but I have to drive 25-30 miles for each shot based on how little was opening up and simply not wanting to take the chance I wouldn't be able to get the vaccination in a timely manner if I kept waiting for something really close. OTOH, my driving has been so limited over the last year (I think my normally yearly mileage is around 11K, and I only put 2500 miles on my car in the last 12 months) that I think I will enjoy getting out of the house for awhile.

FFS. Like, people ever heard of a cell phone, which is basically a tracking chip they all willingly already carry around?

But yeah. I know. I grew up with Hal Lindsey and all that fun apocalyptic theology, and the Internet allows for those kinds of ideas to saturate vulnerable insular demographics nowadays.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Between that and my too-high BMI, I would have been able to get in Maryland Phase 2 as well (it's currently on 1C).

I have a shot scheduled today (Moderna) though, since our fed agency determined that our workers qualified as essential and thus falling under 1C. We have two large centers in the nearby city, and three pharmacy chains (CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens) that are offering the vaccine in Maryland. Where you go determines what vaccine you get. At this stage, it's hard to find a shot and you have to scour the online pages repeatedly in hopes something opens. I had been looking on and off for about two weeks now and finally got something yesterday.

I had no luck with Walgreens, nothing was ever available. I had better luck with CVS, but I have to drive 25-30 miles for each shot based on how little was opening up and simply not wanting to take the chance I wouldn't be able to get the vaccination in a timely manner if I kept waiting for something really close. OTOH, my driving has been so limited over the last year (I think my normally yearly mileage is around 11K, and I only put 2500 miles on my car in the last 12 months) that I think I will enjoy getting out of the house for awhile.

FFS. Like, people ever heard of a cell phone, which is basically a tracking chip they all willingly already carry around?

But yeah. I know. I grew up with Hal Lindsey and all that fun apocalyptic theology, and the Internet allows for those kinds of ideas to saturate vulnerable insular demographics nowadays.

I got Moderna last month due to my job but my husband had better luck with the Michigan DHHS than any of the pharmacies. I don't know why they didn't put clinics in dollar stores - not every rural town has a pharmacy but they all have a dollar store.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Chicago Hospital Exec Resigns After Bragging About Vaccinating Eric Trump From Supply of COVID-19 Doses Meant for Underserved Residents

His departure comes after Block Club Chicago additionally revealed that Ahmed had reportedly arranged for high-level staff at a ritzy Chicago steakhouse to be vaccinated with the doses his hospital received from the city for Black and brown residents living in a community disproportionately hard hit by the coronavirus.

The distasteful story of Ahmed’s alleged flagrant misuse of COVID-19 vaccines that the city had allocated for underserved Chicagoans went public after the executive sent a picture bragging that he had vaccinated Donald Trump’s son at a mass inoculation event his hospital carried out at the Trump Hotel in Downtown Chicago. Ahmed owns a $2.7 million condo at the Trump property, according to the Washington Post.

Block Club Chicago first reported that Loretto was distributing the vaccines to people in some of Chicago’s wealthiest zip codes, though they were supplied to the hospital expressly for the purpose of improving vaccination equity in a city where residents of majority-Black and brown communities still lag far behind whiter, wealthier residents in terms of being inoculated from the coronavirus.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^That is maddening and upsetting.

I went ahead and got in with round two as an educator. I felt a little guilty because there probably are people more frontline, but I have been feeling really sorry for my elementary piano students online. I have to change my teaching style because a few have started crying when they have a new piece. I know I feel far away on their little phone screen and developmentally it's really hard for children. I've had to be more of a cheerleader as a teacher because pointing out errors is harder in this context because their emotions are ratcheted up.

I get the second dose on April first and am going back to in-person teaching. I have been able to function without unnecessary exposures, but it is the elementary aged kids who have to accommodate that for me, so I hope I did the right thing. It was a local community resource at a church and I filled out their forms and they accepted me under the "after school program" educator clause. Maybe it's not so bad because I am a bit older, have been dealing with some moderately severe asthma, live in a crowded, low income apartment complex, and would like to do my job correctly for the children in my studio.

Edit: to be clear my apartments are not income subsidized 'low income' but are simply the cheapest one I could find and my neighbors are poor. The more precise linguistic term would not be 'low income' but instead 'kinda shitty'.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Huge relief!!!
My mom got her second Pfizer shot at Rite Aid just over a week ago, so she's in the clear now. She had no reaction to the first one and barely any reaction to the second. :)

April 5th the vaccine will be available to all here and I think I'm gonna get it...
I think it's supposed to be available to everybody here on the 15th. I imagine I'll have to be on a waiting list for awhile. :unsure:

Vendrah

MBTI Type
NP
Enneagram
I had made the correlations between Big 5 [5 factors model] & Big 5 facets & MBTI types per country and deaths/million and tests/million on countries. Involved 30 and a few countries in total... I actually had ignored China data, I can't believe they had just 3 deaths/million.

Correlated significantly with more deaths per million... (0.45/1 or up) (higher, more COVID deaths)
- Number of sensors on the country (+0.62)
- Big 5 facet Gregariousness (+0.55)
- MBTI type ESTP (+0.47)
- Big 5 facet Achievement-striving (+0.47)

Correlated significantly with less deaths per million... (0.45 or up) (higher, less COVID deaths)
- MBTI type ENFJ (-0.68)
- Number of intuitives on the country (-0.62)
- Big 5 facet Vulnerability (-0.53)
- MBTI type INTJ (-0.52)
- Big 5 facet Trust (-0.50)
- MBTI type INFJ (-0.46)
Worth mentioning:
- MBTI type INTP (-0.43)

Correlated significantly with more tests per million... (0.43/1 or up) (higher, more COVID tests)
- MBTI type ISFJ (+0.58)
- Big 5 factor Extraversion (+0.46)
- MBTI type ESFJ (+0.45)
- Big 5 facet Depression (+0.43)

Correlated significantly with less tests per million... (0.45/1 or up) (lesser, more COVID tests)
- Big 5 facet Cheerfulness (-0.53)
- MBTI type ESTJ (-0.50)
- MBTI type ENTJ (-0.48)
- MBTI type INTJ (-0.47)
- Big 5 facet Discipline (-0.45)

--

This time I got stronger correlations than last year. I really do not understand why this N/S correlation with deaths, it wasn't relevant last year (I remember it did existed but it was too mild at that time).
As I said last year may I repeat: Gregariousness relates how much people crowd with each other, which means strength of quarantine. I am surprised that there is no correlation between Extraverts and COVID deaths, but Gregariousness was the most relevant correlation while now its the 2nd one for COVID deaths. Achievement-striving relates to ambition and to how quickly people wants to open stuff to go back to work being motivated by achievements and goals (only to work in general relates to Conscientiousness, which had no correlation). On the other side, Vulnerability has "I panic easily" (something like that), so the 'media panic' did actually save some lives, since the more easier people on a country panics, in general less deaths it had so far. These existed on last year as well.

Facet trust and INs (except INFP, which is -0.33 but it is too mild to mention) making it to less COVID deaths is sort of a new one, maybe INs can resist more the quarantine than ISs? I don't really know. Facet trust is funny, it looks like in places where people trust less, less COVID deaths happened, even though I am not quite sure how mistrust did help to prevent the deaths.

I am again disappointed with Cautiousness not getting a relevant correlation with both deaths and testing.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Worldomerter

Globally the new cases are evidently on the rise again, and today we will probably have a new record day in this spike. What matters because if even a modest amount of countries goes down the hill due to new cases, protests etc. The global economy will fall apart since everything is quite interconnected.

COVID vaccine: EMA approves new production sites in Germany, Netherlands, Switzerland

And this is just common sense that should have been done a while ago. Since current levels of production and exports make sure there is just not enough of vaccines.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^talking with one of my doctors at an unrelated appointment this past Monday- she said she anticipates another spike soon, in particular because of the insane spring break crap happening in Miami. They’re all gonna take it home with them.

She also said that, during the 1st wave last year, it was mostly the elderly dying, but now, even just locally, they’re seeing more & more healthy young people w/no risk factors in their 20s-40s dying from this.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Expert in a Dying Field
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^talking with one of my doctors at an unrelated appointment this past Monday- she said she anticipates another spike soon, in particular because of the insane spring break crap happening in Miami. They’re all gonna take it home with them.

She also said that, during the 1st wave last year, it was mostly the elderly dying, but now, even just locally, they’re seeing more & more healthy young people w/no risk factors in their 20s-40s dying from this.

Is it wrong that I kind of want Florida to secede? I confess that I do want to see Galaxy's Edge someday, but I guess I could use a passport for that.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Well, vaccines don't give full social effect until at least 3/4 of the population in the areas was vaccinated. Plus most of the countries are being more and more infected with new a more dangerous variants.
Therefore even if a young person receives a larger dosage of the virus it can be overwhelmed. Although the real problem with this disease seems to be common organ damage, not "occasional" death. What is often overlooked.

Here the spike is already "among us".

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Germany is at the beginning of a third wave. Tge first last spring was mild, the second over the winter longer and stronger and this one could easily become the worst yet. Meanwhile the vaccination progran is slow as molasses. Many people refuse to take Astra Zeneca, but the main reason less than ten percent of the population are vaccinated yet (almost exclusively the over 80s) is procurement issues due to political failure.

The silver lining is that while infection numbers have been going up for a while, deaths have gone down basically all year. The mortality rare on the other hand hovers at around 3% since the start of the pandemic and is currently at 2.9%. So it's mostly about who gets infected, I guess.

Public opinion is divided over how to proceed. The government is spending mixed signals. Specific measures are down to the governors who often favor a milder approach while Merkel would like things to be stricter but legally can't force that to happen.