• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Red Herring

Superwoman
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I don't think it will be quick, but at this point, there's no real vaccinating a cold. So I don't think, at this point, if it is truly a cold as stated, that there will EVER be a vaccine. It is more about managing the hospital numbers till we reach a level of immunity where everyone has it once, so the body recognizes it.

Well, SARS-CoV-2 is a coronavirus and the common cold is caused by several hundreds of different viridae, mostly different forms of rhinovirus. They are unrelated and belong to different virus families.

The reason there is no vaccine against the common cold is because a) there are so many different causes for a "cold" and b) the rhinovirus uses its surface to dock onto the nasal mucous while your immune system attacks its core, i. e. the wrong part of the virus. There are several research projects on the way though trying to work around this problem though.

The good news is that this has nothing to do with how likely or unlikely a vaccine against SARS-COV-2 is. The trials might take their time but right now things are actually looking good.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
It's not like the gene sequence of SARS-COV-2 is super secret either. There is no secret Chinese data to hack. That and the obvious links between the so far unproven (and according to most experts unfounded) claim and the American far right in the middle of an election campaign aside - if the Chinese wanted to develop a bioweapon, which they very well might, why on earth would they choose something relatively benign (compared to some of the stuff already available in many BSL4 Labs)?! You could easily engineer something more infectious or lethal.

Exactly. A zoonotic transmission likelihood is very strong with COVID the same way it is with salmonella or West Nile virus, there is a lot of evidence. I wonder if the right wingers pounding the Chinese virus drum had will be willing to pivot when they are handed proof this came from a mink farm in the Netherlands or something.

If the Chinese wanted a bioweapon, they could always use the Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) just to capitalize on the mind blowing xenophobia and paranoia of the western world.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Exactly. A zoonotic transmission likelihood is very strong with COVID the same way it is with salmonella or West Nile virus, there is a lot of evidence. I wonder if the right wingers pounding the Chinese virus drum had will be willing to pivot when they are handed proof this came from a mink farm in the Netherlands or something.

If the Chinese wanted a bioweapon, they could always use the Middle Eastern Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) just to capitalize on the mind blowing xenophobia and paranoia of the western world.

I actually suspected this was one of their human rights violations, that they wanted something to use for population control but it got out and out of hand. As in, not exactly intended as a biological weapon against anyone. I don't blame the Chinese people for their shitty government who cares 0 about their violations to human, animal, environmental, etc. rights and their intense history of abuse to women and slavery of children. No country is perfect, they're just...exceptionally asinine.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
The manslaughter of 200,000 - The.Ink

The 200,000th American will have died from the coronavirus in the coming days. Seven months after Donald Trump told Bob Woodward that he knew Covid-19 was “deadly stuff” but chose to “play it down,” 66 times more Americans have died of this plague than perished in the 9/11 attacks.

We all know we are living through what will one day be history — big, epic history, in many ways shameful history. And some writers are seeking to draft that history even as we live it.

Jaguar

N.I.H. Official Departs After Anonymous Posts Attacking Public Health Leaders
A managing editor of the right-wing website RedState appeared to attack Dr. Anthony S. Fauci and spread misinformation about the coronavirus pandemic while working for Dr. Fauci’s agency.

The official, William B. Crews, worked for and promoted the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases while simultaneously denouncing the agency’s work and its director, Dr. Fauci, dismissing their research and public health advice in wild and conspiratorial terms under the pen name Streiff.

You have to be a real scumbag to intentionally endanger public health. I think he belongs in jail - with everyone else who is endangering public health. Solitary confinement might knock some sense into them.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Just gonna leave this here.

LeadingFrigidAngora-size_restricted.gif

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
well he's live asking people to volunteer for the medical experiments of the rushed vaccine and spouting the usual confusing lies . :dry:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Toward worldometer somewhere throughout the day we will be passing through threshold of one million deaths globally.

(however due to data problems in 3rd world we probably passed that line a while ago)