• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Wow.

EccUa3lWsAMMMB1

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm

Some people would not believe it but it is possible to contain this virus. And it is even possible to phase it out completely without vaccines if you have good enough "game plan". Here we are currently trying to disrupt the taking off what is for us the second wave. Since the virus got imported from abroad again.

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Sorry, the fun is over.

The research, published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, ranked frisky situations based on how likely it is to catch coronavirus while in the act. Researchers recommend wearing a mask for the riskiest sexual scenario: sex with people other than those with whom one is quarantined.

If you have an out-of-house coronavirus crush, the study says, besides keeping your mask on, you should avoid kissing, any oral-to-anal act and anything else that involves semen or urine. Shower before and after, and clean the space with alcohol wipes or soap.

The study also mentions that having sex with people who are together in quarantine is safer, but there is still a risk. For instance, if one partner goes outside to run an errand and is exposed to the virus, they can transmit it to the other. Even if that person is ultimately an asymptomatic carrier, they can still infect the other.

The safest approach to sexual activity, according to the researchers, is not having any.

Couples should wear face masks during sex, new study insists

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
U.S. Buys The World’s Supply Of Breakthrough Coronavirus Drug Remdesivir

The U.S. government will buy 100% of the California-based pharmaceutical company’s production in July, 90% of output in August and September in a move that should provide enough Remdesivir to treat around 80,000 patients.

The deal between the U.S. government and Gilead means that low and middle-income countries can make their own generic version of Remdesivir, but European, and other, countries will be unable to buy, or produce it.

Remdesivir sells for $390 per vial, or $2,340 per course of treatment sparking a backlash from consumer groups over its pricing pointing to $70 million of U.S. taxpayers’ support for Gilead’s development of the drug.

Mad Hatter

Head Pigeon
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
-1w
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

JAVO

MBTI Type
eNTP
Something to keep in mind when we hear statistics based only on antibody-based immunity. Antibodies aren't the only immunity which is relevant, especially with viruses.

For example, this finding:

A Swedish study here of 200 people found a strong T cell response in most individuals who had mild illness or no symptoms following coronavirus infection, regardless of whether they showed an antibody response. The finding suggests that coronavirus infection rates may be higher than what has been studied using antibody tests alone, the researchers said.

Also:

A study led by the La Jolla Institute detected T cells that reacted to SARS-CoV-2 in about half of stored blood samples collected between 2015 and 2018, suggesting that the immune system cells developed after previous infection with circulating common cold coronaviruses, and that they might help protect against the new virus.

Scientists focus on how immune system T cells fight coronavirus in absence of antibodies - Reuters

Jaguar

Some crazy employee came right up to me in a retail store and ripped off her mask. I told her to get the hell away from me. In a monotone voice she replied, "I understand."
All evidence to the contrary, FFS. ;)

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My personal advice is that you stop researching this endlessly, since by now the internet is probably full of unchecked info and conspiracies on both sides. We all know what we as citizens generally must do and therefore there is no need for this.
I'm not asking for advice. I will continue to research. The issue of blood clotting to some degree is well established, but I will continue to study this and find out if that isn't accurate. Telling someone to stop researching a pandemic during a pandemic is bad advice.

edit: I live where the numbers are climbing very fast. Your advice could get me killed. Viruses can also mutate so what is happening where I live could be different from where you live. Scientists are still learning more. There isn't a static knowledge base on COVID-19.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For the record: I post links here in hope people will refute them based on scientific research if they are wrong. People are more cautious with me on social media but we do have some smart knowledgeable researchers here who debate. I also research on my own. Debating the data is what I'm looking for because I desire to understand the reality of this situation.

Having people tell me how to handle my life or emotions is absurd and unwelcome. I'm settled in how I approach my own life.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I'm not asking for advice. I will continue to research. The issue of blood clotting to some degree is well established, but I will continue to study this and find out if that isn't accurate. Telling someone to stop researching a pandemic during a pandemic is bad advice.

edit: I live where the numbers are climbing very fast. Your advice could get me killed. Viruses can also mutate so what is happening where I live could be different from where you live. Scientists are still learning more. There isn't a static knowledge base on COVID-19.

Of course, but I am simply getting the impression that you are getting obsessed with this and you have no real medical training. Therefore until you are get into complex chemical equations you are just going through random subjective/simplistic opinions around the internet.

Actually one of the recommendations of my local version of CDC is that the person shouldn't just focus on the pandemic since you will psychologically burn down. Caution, paying attention and common sense absolutely, however obsession over this probably wouldn't help you.

But as you wish, I am just a messenger in the end.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course, but I am simply getting the impression that you are getting obsessed with this and you have no real medical training. Therefore until you are get into complex chemical equations you are just going through random subjective/simplistic opinions around the internet. Actually one of the recommendations of my local version of CDC is that the person shouldn't just focus on the pandemic since you will psychologically burn down. Caution, paying attention and common sense absolutely, however obsession over this probably wouldn't help you. But as you wish, I am just a messenger in the end.
i have family with high level medical training and I am highly educated with a doctorate in the humanities. Your assumptions are disrespectful.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Your assumptions are disrespectful.

I didn't mean anything bad, it is just that being too focused on this single issue can be psychologically harmful as well (what is part of our local discourse about the virus for a while). Plus I am from culture when getting involved into other people's business is ok if you aren't complete dick about it. On the second thought the only place where I really missed is that I rely on completely different kind of healthcare system and therefore for you this research probably matters quite a bit. Therefore I promise I will not do this again, I was wrong.