• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Coronavirus

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
In case anyone is interested, I used slip knots on the ear pieces for my masks so they are adjustable, and (hopefully) more comfortable.
Here's a tutorial.
Sliding Knot Instructions

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
Ok, to better clarify- I'm trying to look at the situation as-is with as little how-I-think-it-should-be as possible. I am also applying this retroactively in my considerations. I am doing this to better identify legitimate tactics to help move forward as prudently possible in what is now a riskier and less predictable future for everybody. One tactic I identified in persuading people whose relationship with most media and government is on the rocks, was to point out that someone they all support was recommending it in a way that directly appealed to their civic duty. As a pragmatist, I appreciate its tactical effectiveness. Upon reflecting and analyzing that effectiveness, I got to thinking how less effectual it would be if Trump wasn't the president. People on the right were beyond disillusioned with life, government, and the media in 2016. Had nothing changed then, they would have been much more likely to ignore the media- who has cried wolf to them and about them its entire life- and even more flagrantly dismissed any "stay at home/ change your behavior" mandates from the media, and especially from the government. Then I shared the thought with TypoC. Then I regretted it immensely. Carry on...

Jonny

null
MBTI Type
FREE
HQyOg1e.png

anticlimatic

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTP
But you basically signed up that your argument about why Trump is better is indeed what I sad before (and this answers [MENTION=9251]Jonny[/MENTION]), and if I import the same train of thought than I can deduce that the Devil/Lucifer is the best president for God-believers (you know, he is going to calm down the "satanists"), for the reason more specified on page 149.

I don't know if I made any arguments like that. I'm a tactician, not a strategist. I don't feel a need to "soothe" myself, but I do feel a need to stay calm and not end up on tilt or frustrated. I can't think under those conditions. And these are times that require clear and conscious thought- if only to remember what I've touched, and to wash my hands frequently.

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This quarantine thing needs a theme song. :happy2:

I've seen this presented elsewhere as the clear winner, and I don't disagree. (There's even a direct covid parody, but it sucks. Don't listen to it. It'll disappoint.)

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I've seen this presented elsewhere as the clear winner, and I don't disagree. (There's even a direct covid parody, but it sucks. Don't listen to it. It'll disappoint.)

There aren't a lot of good covid parody songs but Neil Diamond doing Neil Diamond is close.

I agree that he should have called it “Sweet Quarantine”

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There aren't a lot of good covid parody songs but Neil Diamond doing Neil Diamond is close.

I agree that he should have called it “Sweet Quarantine”

I did like this parody, the initial enthralment lasted several minutes, but ultimately I felt unsatisfied by how he only changed about 4 lines. :laugh: The lyrics he did change were pretty good though (unlike the stupid "Don't Stand So" parody lines).

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Site_COVID19_USMap_0410_v01_DG_hpEmbed_16x9_992.jpg

Towards official numbers NY alone can now be the the world's number one in detected cases.

In Europe:

Italy and Spain are stabilizing but UK and France are becoming new crisis area. The same goes for Turkey and some countries in Eastern Europe.

Latin America is also showing signs that some countries will be badly hit.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Italy and Spain are stabilizing but UK and France are becoming new crisis area. The same goes for Turkey and some countries in Eastern Europe.

Latin America is also showing signs that some countries will be badly hit.

Yeah, in addition to Belgium and the Netherlands that have been getting hit the past several days, as well as what you mention, I just noticed Ireland is suddenly increasing, and Portugal is creeping up.

Ecuador is starting to look to be in bad shape, and I don't think Chile or Peru are far behind. Central America in terms of official reports has been later to the game, but looks like it is starting to be impacted more.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Yeah, in addition to Belgium and the Netherlands that have been getting hit the past several days, as well as what you mention, I just noticed Ireland is suddenly increasing, and Portugal is creeping up.

Ecuador is starting to look to be in bad shape, and I don't think Chile or Peru are far behind. Central America in terms of official reports has been later to the game, but looks like it is starting to be impacted more.

Well Belgium and the Netherlands seem slow but are consistent, therefore relative to their population size they are sinking into problems. However it seems that UK will get the record number of cases today. Sweden also accelerated. Belarus in a day jumped from 1500 cases to about 2000 cases, since their dictator is an idiot that organized sport event to prove the virus isn't a problem. Russia passed 10 000 cases recently. Turkey that is also sinking is one big bomb at this point, for a number of political reasons. Hungary also has the worst day so far, possibly the same is in Ireland.

For a few days it looked relatively well across the continent but new hot-spots are emerging. I get the economy argument but being quick to open things will probably only make sure that this lasts longer.

However Greenland managed to cure all of it's known cases. :D

Maou

Mythos
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

I wouldn't normally post something from this channel, but they sum on these drugs very well, and why its possible to know, if it can help Covid-19.

á´…eparted

passages

I wouldn't normally post something from this channel, but they sum on these drugs very well, and why its possible to know, if it can help Covid-19.

Sci show is one of my favorite channels. I have been a patreon supporter of them for years and watcher for much longer.

I HIGHLY recommend them. Their quality and accuracy is superb, and do an excellent job at explaining complex topics at a more general level without the information being distorted.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We would be much worse off if Trump didn't happen to be president right now, if you think about it in the big picture. The virus would have hit regardless- seeing as how it's hit just about every other country on the planet in similar fashion, and the shutdowns and social distancing measures would have been instated in roughly the same time under Hillary. Right now the demographic least likely to take social distancing seriously are people on the right, far right especially, who are more sensitive to losing any amount of their freedoms to government intervention than they are to their health or their neighbors. Many of these people would never have gone for it if it was a Hillary Clinton administration issuing the mandate. In fact, of the handful of right wing types I've talked sense into who were acting in very dangerous ways, the way I got straight through the conspiracy theories and got them to see the light was by being an example, and justifying myself to them by saying I was "following the presidents orders to be a good american." That shut them up almost every time, and modified their behavior. If Trump wasn't the president right now, we would not be flattening the curve anytime soon.

I think you've got a point about (let's call them) the new breed of Republican being unwilling to listen to Hillary, but I think you underestimate how different the timeline would have been. I think Hillary would have listened to the experts sooner and taken them seriously (and she wouldn't have been downplaying it to the public, saying it would go away "like a miracle" for those first two months), been more focused on making tests happen sooner and more widely, and there likely would still have been a pandemic team in place to make informed choices in those first crucial days/weeks. Compared to that, the difference it would make (for the new breed of Republican to spitefully ignore her leadership) is almost negligible. And I'm relatively confident the blue areas - if we estimate the differences separately - would be in much better shape without Trump, even if the red areas wouldn't be.

eta: Keep in mind, a lot of the shut down had nothing to do with Trump - all so far have been ordered by governors. States have largely been acting on their own for lack of any organized direction from above.

Mind Maverick

ENTP 8w7 845 Sp/Sx
Earlier today, I was watching this video of some nurse located in NY who was crying and talking about how it's been really rough because of COVID-19. She was saying she's tired of walking in to treat her patients and just finding a dead body in the room and she's upset about how her fellow nurses and Drs have died while trying to save others' lives. I can't get that out of my head. I just keep thinking about it and my heart goes out to those who are affected by this situation.

ICU nurse weeps after treating coronavirus patients in NY