• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Enthusiastic_Dreamer

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
This isn't how I view 4ness. Or it isn't how I view being a 4 for me. It's exactly what I don't want, as a 4. To be different or misunderstood. It's the 4's fear. But I'm not interested in having an image of myself or being recognized. And I feel ambivalent about emotional bonds. Hmm.

I see. Thanks for the correction. :) Again, I'm not a 4, so it's mostly just speculation.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dreamy, you're not ESFJ. And you're NOT 4w3. You're head center af. Social dom 7w6 ENFPs are the most Fe-like ENFPs. Think SpongeBob, a character you vibe so much like.

Starry

Just poppin in with this critical piece of info...

*if* SpongeBob is a 7...and frankly I don't think his character is truly enneagram-typeable beyond the positive outlook harmonic...but if he were a 7 he would be sx/so

Starry

Oh and E_D ...you are a truly special human being - I like you so well I want to claim you as one of my own but in the end can't connect those dots. I think the chances are quite likely that you are an ESFJ 2w3.

Masokissed

Spoiled Brat 🍒
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Why 2w3 tho?

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
So after conversing with another member about my possible enneagram, and for once, actually reading through the various types rather than relying on a single test to give me my results, I've come to the conclusion that 4 with a 3 wing fits me more than a 7. There are things that I absolutely resonate with in a 7, but reading into what a 4w3 is, an ENFP 4w3 mind you, hit close to home, to the point where I began feeling emotional over it. It is said, that this typing (for ENFPs) can appear as a 7w6 typing because of the 4w3's more light-hearted and sociable nature compared to that of a 4w5 for ENFPs, but for reasons which I am uncomfortable sharing, particularly in a place so public as this, a 4 fits me better than a 7. Finding a tritype for myself, I have no doubt, 7 is part of that mix, but at my core, at my more basic emotional center, a 4 resides.

Only I hold the absolute key to all of this, and why my extroversion comes across as Fe, I admit, on the surface it does, but I assure you all, it does not come from a place of social harmony whatsoever. I couldn't care less for how a group's dynamic vibes. It comes from a rather dark, and extreme, self-critical place. Again, a part of me I never share with anyone, not even my own brother, whom I feel most close to. If only it were so easy for me to share what this key is, then I feel everything would all fall into place for everyone, but alas, I cannot. Not to sound cliche of a stereotypical 4, but I'm afraid I just won't find any acceptance here for who I am no matter how much I try.

I truly have no bias for or against any typing. The type I see myself is the truest I know of myself. I don't expect this will cause a dent or quell any suspicions, and I've come to terms with that. I also do not want this posting to end this thread, as I have found many of your comments intriguing.

And with that, I feel I must take a breather and reassess my priorities.

Thank you, everyone, truly, for your time.

-Dreamer

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Woah woah Dreamer I know you got to actually read that stuff. But trust me you're not a 4. BELIEVE ME. I WANT YOU TO SCREAM I AM NOT A 4!

SCREAM IT! SCREEEEAAAAAAAAAM IT!

Sigh-Uhhm-Ehm-Yeah-No-Ugh-Ok-Whatever-Neil-Patrick-Harris-GIF-2015.gif

no-gif.gif

Taylor-Lautner-Pointing-Saying-No.gif

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm afraid I just won't find any acceptance here for who I am no matter how much I try.

And with that, I feel I must take a breather and reassess my priorities.

Thank you, everyone, truly, for your time.

-Dreamer

Wait, you're taking a break from the forum?? I hope you're not reading any of the comments in this thread as personal attacks, you're very much welcome here and an appreciated member of the community.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Apparently it's insulting to be someone like Mariah Carey, Jennifer Garner, Anne Hathaway, Whitney Houston, Shania Twain, Hugh Jackman, Randy Jackson, Alyson Hannigan, Jessica Alba!

WHAT WHAT WE LOVE EM' ESFJ'S.

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION]

List for ENFP

* Enthusiastic
· Gregarious
· Sociable
· Expressive
· Creative
· Imaginative
· Unconventional
· Forward-thinking
· Passionate
· Empathetic
· Supportive
· Warm
· Open-minded
· Spontaneous
· Adaptable
· Whimsical

List for ESFJ
Friendly
· Outgoing
· Expressive
· Communicative
· Grounded
· Hands-on
· Traditional
· Practical
· Caring
· Generous
· Sensitive
· Nurturing
· Loyal
· Organized
· Conscientious
· Disciplined

Notice the first word in the first list.
Notice the first word in your username

Coincidence?

Anyways, which words describe you best?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
[MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION]

List for ENFP

* Enthusiastic
· Gregarious
· Sociable
· Expressive
· Creative
· Imaginative
· Unconventional
· Forward-thinking
· Passionate
· Empathetic
· Supportive
· Warm
· Open-minded
· Spontaneous
· Adaptable
· Whimsical

List for ESFJ
Friendly
· Outgoing
· Expressive
· Communicative
· Grounded
· Hands-on
· Traditional
· Practical
· Caring
· Generous
· Sensitive
· Nurturing
· Loyal
· Organized
· Conscientious
· Disciplined

Notice the first word in the first list.
Notice the first word in your username

Coincidence?

Anyways, which words describe you best?

I really am curious in getting to the bottom of this. For now, I'll leave my MBTI up since that's the area I have the most knowledge in, but for everything else, I'd rather wait to post anything until I myself, fully understand it, and not just posting what others think of me. Again, I invite people to actually ask me questions. I only show one side of myself on this forum so I don't expect anyone to have a clear understanding of who I am. I can accept ESFJ, sure, as a forum typing. I may actually be an ESFJ, but let's figure that out together shall we? :)

Had to say that first, but thanks for posting these comparisons Ura! This should help to get the ball rolling.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Woah woah Dreamer I know you got to actually read that stuff. But trust me you're not a 4. BELIEVE ME. I WANT YOU TO SCREAM I AM NOT A 4!

SCREAM IT! SCREEEEAAAAAAAAAM IT!

Sigh-Uhhm-Ehm-Yeah-No-Ugh-Ok-Whatever-Neil-Patrick-Harris-GIF-2015.gif

no-gif.gif

Taylor-Lautner-Pointing-Saying-No.gif

Could you explain what being a 4 means? Thanks!

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Can anyone tell me the difference between Fi/Te and Fe/Ti?

I know I'm sorta just rapid firing these posts but I just had my coffee :happy2:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Someone in another community made an interesting...not quite analogy....thing.

Ti - thinking "independently"
Te - thinking "correctly" (via consensus)
Fi - feeling "independently"
Fe - feeling "correctly" (via consensus)

The conclusion was:

Ti/Fe - Collective values influence the independent construction of understanding which influences the application of said values. And repeat.

Te/Fi - Individual values influence the acquisition of peer-reviewed facts which influences the application of said values. And repeat.

My attempt to understand this was, if arguing the merits of environmental-consciousness:

Ti/Fe - "Humanity is dependent on the health of the planet in order to flourish. By harming the planet, we harm our own ability thrive as a species both now and in future generations. As such, if you also value the continuation of the species and peaceful coexistence with nature, then you'll agree that we should do more to protect the environment."

Te/Fi -"Ecological research shows that there is little doubt that humanity is negatively contributing to the deterioration of the environment. Our unchecked actions will lead to a difficult, if not uninhabitable, world of decreased biodiversity and increased climate hazards. As such, it is imperative we develop environmentally-friendly policies to save the health and beauty of our planet."

Both arguments contain elements of consensus and presumption (and at least one informal fallacy a piece). For the first, the consensus involves agreeing with the values inherent in the premise. It's then assumed that the reader will be able to follow the logic progression to the conclusion. For the second, the consensus involves agreeing with presented evidence. If the reader does then it's assumed that the value-based appeal to action will resonate with them.

hopefully i didn't over-complicate the explanation.

(irrelevant extra: i've always wondered if there was a consistent jcf-based explanation of the way people approach arguments. it would be interesting to learn if this is what contributes to the misunderstandings that so often seem to happen in fe/ti & te/fi arguments. especially when it's situations of "i agree with your conclusions but your reasoning process is bassackwards, friend")

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Someone in another community made an interesting...not quite analogy....thing.

Ti - thinking "independently"
Te - thinking "correctly" (via consensus)
Fi - feeling "independently"
Fe - feeling "correctly" (via consensus)

The conclusion was:

Ti/Fe - Collective values influence the independent construction of understanding which influences the application of said values. And repeat.

Te/Fi - Individual values influence the acquisition of peer-reviewed facts which influences the application of said values. And repeat.

I like this.

(and no, I will not use the like button.)

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I like this.

(and no, I will not use the like button.)

what's with ntj women and not using the like button? is it part of coven initiation or something?

Evo

Unapologetic being
MBTI Type
XNTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
what's with ntj women and not using the like button? is it part of coven initiation or something?

If I told you, one of us would have to be eliminated. And it wouldn't be me :mellow: