• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type me

barnabybro

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's been a moment since the last time I have been typed and the previous year has changed me drastically so I'm curious.
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm a teenager in high school. I was born in Russia, however, my family immigrated to the U.S. when I was very young. Despite being raised in the U.S., I don't always feel like I fit in with the people around me culture-wise since I grew up with the Russian language and traditions at home. I don't have any impairments or strong political beliefs that may affect the way I answer this questionnaire. Unless perfectionism is considered one 🤣🤣

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

Enneagram 1w9 or something like 539/359/935/953 tritype
I'm questioning everything else

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

Compete/win things, be successful career-wise, and obtain complete knowledge of many topics. Also, fight for what I deem to be right.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I unfortunately relate to Envy the most. As much as I try to focus on myself, I often end up envying someone - specifically for their skills/intelligence. Of course, at the end of the day, I know that my only competition is myself.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
The typical "quiet people". Those who keep quiet but have many hobbies and interests.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I mainly attract quiet people. I'm very sociable when it comes to talking with quieter people and often make them open up. It's completely a contradicting scenario when I'm with people more talkative than me (I have trouble talking for some reason).
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who can't stop talking and won't let me talk. Loud people.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Maintaining relationships with people. I don't have an issue with conversation or hanging out but I often find myself neglecting messages and calls, finding it all draining.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I internalize it almost completely unless it's necessary. Express it through words but never physically or very dramatically.
b) Shame
Not sure. I don't have any.
c) Fear
Mixed thoughts.
d) Love/passion
Neutral, and I also think it's a little overrated in today's society. I sort of crave it but also it's super unnecessary at my age and honestly I'd rather not get involved in anything.
e) Conflict
I avoid it. I know, e9-core-like, but it isn't because I'm scared of conflict, I just find quarrels energy-consuming and annoying when they're preventable in the first place. I hate drama and gossip or whatever.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, etc)?
I've always struggled with comparison among the people in my life. I've been comparing myself to classmates and friends for as long as I can remember and I feel as though I'm unable to conquer it.

8) Answer only one of the following:
b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
I'm heavily passionate about neuroscience and mathematics - I'm likely going to get into biomedical engineering due to the more affordable education and job opportunities. And I'll probably end up getting a minor in music as a backup.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

I tend to focus on their facial expressions and way of speaking/forming sentences/the words they choose to use. It all says a lot about a person. Also, body language.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

The biggest problem facing the human race is the number of severe problems happening all at once.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Typology, listening to a lot of music, reading stuff from the Romantic Period, playing instruments (piano, cello, bass/elec/and acoustic guitar), running.

13) How do you usually “hang out†with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

My acquaintance-like friends and I usually hang out somewhere in public - like a cafe or a store. However, I usually don't approve of the place chosen. With my close friend, I hang out at my school music wing. We usually eat lunch and play duets there.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Both because they don't work without each other. They're wired together.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

a) a physical sensation like taste is not as important to me as the others.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I avoid being someone who doesn't care about anything, tries to be like everyone else, doesn't try, is objectively dumb, has no interests or hobbies, and fills their brain up with junk.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I choose an interest and I stick with it for a long time. I would go far enough to call it an obsession though.
As a little kid, I literally tried every single hobby and sport on the face of this earth, constantly signing up for something then leaving after giving it a try and not liking it. But now that I'm older, the things I was truly passionate about stuck with me.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Both, leaning towards organized. It really depends on my stress level.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I don't really pay attention to my comfort level in different surroundings. I'm probably most comfortable in my room because it's my own personal space. Also, I strongly prefer dark settings. I abhor brightness in rooms or just anywhere in general. It gives me a headache. Someone asked me about this on my previous questionnaire and I was surprised that such a shallow-seeming question could signify anything important.

Last edited:

Decker

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It's been a moment since the last time I have been typed and the previous year has changed me drastically so I'm curious.
a) What is your age range and general location (Country so that cultural values can be taken into account)? Do you have any impairments that may affect the way that you answer this questionnaire? Any religious or political beliefs (or anything else along those lines) that also might have an effect?

I'm a teenager in high school. I was born in Russia, however, my family immigrated to the U.S. when I was very young. Despite being raised in the U.S., I don't always feel like I fit in with the people around me culture-wise since I grew up with the Russian language and traditions at home. I don't have any impairments or strong political beliefs that may affect the way I answer this questionnaire. Unless perfectionism is considered one 🤣🤣

b) Which types are you currently considering? Why are you considering them and why haven’t you decided on one?

Enneagram 1w9 or something like 539/359/935/953 tritype
I'm questioning everything else

2) What do you deem as your purpose in life?

Compete/win things, be successful career-wise, and obtain complete knowledge of many topics. Also, fight for what I deem to be right.

3) Of the seven deadly sins, which one(s) do you relate to the most and the least and why?

I unfortunately relate to Envy the most. As much as I try to focus on myself, I often end up envying someone - specifically for their skills/intelligence. Of course, at the end of the day, I know that my only competition is myself.

4) Analyzing your relationships with others, briefly describe:
a) The type of people you are drawn to
The typical "quiet people". Those who keep quiet but have many hobbies and interests.
b) The type of people who are drawn to you
I mainly attract quiet people. I'm very sociable when it comes to talking with quieter people and often make them open up. It's completely a contradicting scenario when I'm with people more talkative than me (I have trouble talking for some reason).
c) The type of people you are repulsed by
People who can't stop talking and won't let me talk. Loud people.

5)What are the traits in others that you admire but you cannot emulate yourself? Elaborate.

Being able to come up with something clever and funny to say with a group of people.

6) Describe your relationship with the following:
a) Anger
I internalize it almost completely unless it's necessary.
b) Shame
Not sure. I don't have any.
c) Fear
Mixed thoughts.
d) Love/passion
Neutral. I sort of crave it but also it's super unnecessary at my age and honestly I'd rather not get involved in anything.
e) Conflict
I avoid it. I know, e9-core-like but it isn't because I'm scared of conflict, I just find quarrels energy-consuming and annoying when they're preventable in the first place. I hate drama and gossip or whatever.

7) What are some of the themes that have played a prominent role in your life (ie. A struggle you’ve been unable to conquer, etc)?
I've always struggled with comparison among the people in my life. I've been comparing myself to classmates and friends for as long as I can remember and I feel as though I'm unable to conquer it.

8) Answer only one of the following:
a) [College aged and above] What is your area of work/study? Why did you choose this and would you change it? If so, what would be your ideal?
I'm not at the college level yet but I'm heavily passionate about neuroscience and mathematics - I'm likely going to get into biomedical engineering due to the more affordable education and job opportunities.

b)[Under college aged] What do you plan on studying/working as in the future? How did you go about deciding this? If this is not your ideal area of pursuit, what would be?
oh
None.

9) When meeting a new person, what do you tend to focus on?

I tend to focus on their way of speaking/forming sentences/the words they choose to use. It all says a lot about a person. Also, body language.

10) How do you feel about humanity as a whole? What do you feel are some of the biggest problems the human race faces and why?

Overpopulation. Too many people, too many conflicts.

11) What are some of your hobbies and interests?

Typology, listening to a lot of music, reading stuff from the Romantic Period, playing instruments (piano, cello, bass/elec/and acoustic guitar), running.

13) How do you usually “hang out†with your friend(s)? When answering, think about what activities you tend to choose, whether you hang out with one person at once or many, whether or not you initiate the interaction.

My acquaintance-like friends and I usually hang out somewhere in public - like a cafe or a store. However, I usually don't approve of the place chosen. With my close friend, I hang out at my school music wing. We usually eat lunch and play duets there.

14) What is more important, actions or words? Why?

Both because they don't work without each other. They're wired together.

15) Oh dear, you’ve been cursed by a witch! It’s ok though, you get a choice on which curse you will receive. Will you choose….
a) To never be able to experience the sensation of taste
b) To be immortal
c) To lose your memories
d) To be poor for the rest of your life
e) Or to never experience passion
Elaborate on why!

a) a physical sensation like taste is not as important to me as the others.

16) What do you hope to avoid being? If it helps, describe a person who embodies what you avoid/you as a villain, ect.

I avoid being someone who doesn't care about anything, doesn't try, is objectively dumb, has no interests or hobbies, and fills their brain up with junk.

17) How do you relate to obsession? Do you tend to "merge" with others or your interests? How do you feel about the idea of doing this?

I choose an interest and I stick with it for a long time. I would go far enough to call it an obsession though.
As a little kid, I literally tried every single hobby and sport on the face of this earth, constantly signing up for something then leaving after giving it a try and not liking it. But now that I'm older, the things I was truly passionate about stuck with me.

18) Organized or messy? Plans and blueprints or impulse and surprises? What are you preferences and tendencies?
Both, leaning towards organized. It really depends on my stress level.

19) How do you subjectively view comfort and how do you create comfort in your life and surroundings?
I don't really pay attention to my comfort level in different surroundings. I'm probably most comfortable in my room because it's my own personal space. Also, I strongly prefer dark settings. I abhor brightness in rooms or just anywhere in general. It gives me a headache. Someone asked me about this on my previous questionnaire and I was surprised that such a shallow-seeming question could signify anything important.
You seem like an individual who is fairly confident in areas of physicality. And your preference for darker settings most definitely shows a preference towards both introverted thinking and intuition. (Introverted feeling could apply too, generally speaking, but most certainly it doesn't to you in particular, and it's relation to darker settings is as subjective as an introverted feeler's subjectivity itself) I am an INFJ and i'm the same. From all i have read in your answers my conclusion is ISTP. Speaking of enneagram i'm going towards 9w1 or 5w6. I have an INTP brother and he very much is into never giving up on a project, especially if he has difficulties finishing it. Then he won't stop until he did it. Does this apply to you? (He is 5w4)
My personal advice to you concerning your life is this: If you don't have clear ideas as to your personal view of the importance of social connections and the like and your own personal achievements such as job/education etc... you should do just that. Do you care about being loved, respected? In which way? For your own intellectual prestige or yourself as a person?
I do hope that my highly unsatisfactory response will push someone to correct me and create a better post than mine. I decided to give it a shot at helping you as no one responded as of now. Almost forgot about your instincual variant. Unfortunately i do not have very much in relation to it but i'm going to say that you sound very sx blind. So it's either sp/so or so/sp. Closest match is most definitely sp/so. || Edit: I don't have much familiarity with sx ISTP's so don't trust me too much on this || I do hope to have narrowed down your options for confirming your types.
So my typing listed for you is this:
ISTP
LSI (Socionics)
Ti subtype
9w1/5w6
sp/so

Last edited:
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's not really much information to go off of to type anyone reliably. I personally prefer long texts for that to get a feel for the vibe of a version.
As far as what the information you provided us with is concerned though, I would say definitely Fe-Ti and maybe Fe in the top two functions.
You are very much in tune with what you like and dislike but not in a logical way, you seem to be fairly in tune and care about whether you fit in with societal expectations and culture. If you were Te-Fi you wouldn't be that much in tune with not fitting in on the cultural spectrum. I also say Fe first and not Ti because in most of your post you were talking about comparison to other people, what is important etc. and generally I don't see you trying to make sense of many things or building your logic in the post. It's you describing your relationship with others. Also, which I found interesting, you briefly mentioned this fear of being stupid, which is also very characteristic with lower Ti. I could very well we wrong with you being Fe over Ti though, again, I don't feel like your post really gives alot to go off of.

About Si-Ne vs Ni-Se, I don't really think I can see much on that front. I am also not quite sure about whether you are intuitive or sensory. If I had to guess, I would say intutive, as you didn't really include many specifics in your post "I relate to envy when it comes to skills" "I attract quiet people". I feel like I have to fill in alot of the sensory and guess alot.

But yeah, maybe this might help you a little bit :)

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you're definitely on the right track with the 359 tritype... I'm guessing 3 then 5 then 9, but maybe 395. And perhaps so/sp, though that's just a guess.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Where are you getting these questions from?

barnabybro

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You seem like an individual who is fairly confident in areas of physicality. And your preference for darker settings most definitely shows a preference towards both introverted thinking and intuition. (Introverted feeling could apply too, generally speaking, but most certainly it doesn't to you in particular, and it's relation to darker settings is as subjective as an introverted feeler's subjectivity itself) I am an INFJ and i'm the same. From all i have read in your answers my conclusion is ISTP. Speaking of enneagram i'm going towards 9w1 or 5w6. I have an INTP brother and he very much is into never giving up on a project, especially if he has difficulties finishing it. Then he won't stop until he did it. Does this apply to you? (He is 5w4)
My personal advice to you concerning your life is this: If you don't have clear ideas as to your personal view of the importance of social connections and the like and your own personal achievements such as job/education etc... you should do just that. Do you care about being loved, respected? In which way? For your own intellectual prestige or yourself as a person?
I do hope that my highly unsatisfactory response will push someone to correct me and create a better post than mine. I decided to give it a shot at helping you as no one responded as of now. Almost forgot about your instincual variant. Unfortunately i do not have very much in relation to it but i'm going to say that you sound very sx blind. So it's either sp/so or so/sp. Closest match is most definitely sp/so. || Edit: I don't have much familiarity with sx ISTP's so don't trust me too much on this || I do hope to have narrowed down your options for confirming your types.
So my typing listed for you is this:
ISTP
LSI (Socionics)
Ti subtype
9w1/5w6
sp/so
Thank you for your response, I haven't gone on here in a while but came back to many helpful responses. Ironically enough I keep bouncing back and forth between 9w1 and 5w4, but I think I've finally settled on 5w4 after what you said about your brother. I often have difficulties starting a project but once I start it I'm not doing anything else until I finish it. As for functions, I'm uncertain of whether I'm a Ti dom or an Ni dom. You typed me as Se aux but I've always considered Se as my weakest function.
Also, is being able to smell certain events/things at random times related to any sort of typology placement? It's so random but I decided to mention it because it's been happening a lot recently. I could just be on a walk somewhere random and I'd smell my grandma's house or a book I've read.
You're super right about the sp/so though, I didn't even realize it myself until you brought it up.

barnabybro

Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think you're definitely on the right track with the 359 tritype... I'm guessing 3 then 5 then 9, but maybe 395. And perhaps so/sp, though that's just a guess.
Does TiSe so3 make sense? Doesn't look right. Perhaps sp3?

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does TiSe so3 make sense? Doesn't look right. Perhaps sp3?
I don't really pay much attention to cognitive functions when typing enneagram. But if it doesn't seem right to you, then definitely explore sp3! Do you find more of your attention goes toward sp matters?