• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Type Enthusiastic_Dreamer

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
OK, so enough of you have mentioned that you see me as an ESFJ versus an ENFP. Personally, I don't see myself as Fe dom, of all things, maybe Fe, but in the dominant position? So let's clear the air on this and I'm allowing you guys to post questions on here for me to answer to help get to the bottom of this. Any questions to help pinpoint the functions are fine by me, and I will answer them as truthfully as I can, without any slant or bias towards my current typing.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves too, I'm curious to see what comes of this.

Keep in mind, that how I act on the forum is not the best representation of myself as I tend to only show one side of me, the positive, amicable side, but I will take any suggestions of my type seriously.

Edit: As a side note, I highly recommend anyone to go over to my public blog and read a few of my posts in there. I was completely open and honest about what was said, and can probably paint a better picture than any collection of posts on this site could ever do. http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member-blogs/79508-dream-enthusiastically.html

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
at a guess, it's the way you feedback off of people. reads as very (overly?) attentive to responses from the other. seeking to inspire or otherwise generate certain feelings which is then used to further develop your own self-awareness and understanding.

i agree that something feels off about the Fi and 7 core combo. both of which i associate with more relational selfishness than you immediately show. you being 2w3 core or having an Fe preference would shift that into balance. you already know that my personal preference goes to enneagram.

MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
IDK
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
OK, so enough of you have mentioned that you see me as an ESFJ versus an ENFP. Personally, I don't see myself as Fe dom, of all things, maybe Fe, but in the dominant position? So let's clear the air on this and I'm allowing you guys to post questions on here for me to answer to help get to the bottom of this. Any questions to help pinpoint the functions are fine by me, and I will answer them as truthfully as I can, without any slant or bias towards my current typing.

Feel free to discuss amongst yourselves too, I'm curious to see what comes of this.

Keep in mind, that how I act on the forum is not the best representation of myself as I tend to only show one side of me, the positive, amicable side, but I will take any suggestions of my type seriously.

If you are not an Ne-Dom, of some sort, I am NOT RICO!

[But again, you are at the age where you're meant to develop your Tertiary Function, which does make things confusing].

I don't want to add more suggestions to the mix, but how could you tell if you are developing, Ne, Fe or Te?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
at a guess, it's the way you feedback off of people. reads as very (overly?) attentive to responses from the other. seeking to inspire or otherwise generate certain feelings which is then used to further develop your own self-awareness and understanding.

i agree that something feels off about the Fi and 7 core combo. both of which i associate with more relational selfishness than you immediately show. you being 2w3 core or having an Fe preference would shift that into balance. you already know that my personal preference goes to enneagram.

Interesting observations. Thing is, I don't intend to illicit particular feelings in others, or, at least, consciously do it if I do, but I've never considered whether I do or not. Though, if I interact with others and their feelings are altered because of me, regardless of whether or not I am consciously trying to affect them, is that still Fe? Am I still the author of that emotional outcome whether the intention is there or not? I can't imagine anyone, Fi or Fe, having that sort of control over whether someone else alters their emotion due to your presence or not.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
If you are not an Ne-Dom, of some sort, I am NOT RICO!

[But again, you are at the age where you're meant to develop your Tertiary Function, which does make things confusing].

I don't want to add more suggestions to the mix, but how could you tell if you are developing, Ne, Fe or Te?

I honestly couldn't tell you the difference of whether one is developing Ne, Fe, or Te. All I know is, I've had a unique way of looking at things and understanding things compared to my peers ever since I started to think for myself and make my own decisions, let's say middle school was that turning point?? Elementary, you're still doing as you're told. Though, I've always had that sort of outlandish imagination (but that doesn't have to be secluded to Ne territory) Call it a vastly creative mind if not Ne.

And you may be onto something Rico, about my stage of development. Having graduated and started working, and needing to support myself, I really just had to buckle down and organize my life, organize my thoughts, and really, just get my shit together. I couldn't tell you what Te is, at least not in my own words, so perhaps I am still in development of that function, and, as you suggest, that may alter how I approach things, and how I even approach people. I still feel as though I may actually be a T, rather than F, but perhaps again, this is because I'm developing that Te.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting observations. Thing is, I don't intend to illicit particular feelings in others, or, at least, consciously do it if I do, but I've never considered whether I do or not. Though, if I interact with others and their feelings are altered because of me, regardless of whether or not I am consciously trying to affect them, is that still Fe? Am I still the author of that emotional outcome whether the intention is there or not? I can't imagine anyone, Fi or Fe, having that sort of control over whether someone else alters their emotion due to your presence or not.

hopefully the ones who are more adamant about the ESFJ 2w3 combo can answer that. would it be messy of me to tag them?

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm sorry E_D you're a nice guy and everything. :sorry: but ESFJ does sound real likely for you. Which isn't a bad thing, over all Fe/Ti types are rarer than Fi/Te types.

also the community here I noticed see enneatype 2 as rare as well.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I'm sorry E_D you're a nice guy and everything. :sorry: but ESFJ does sound real likely for you. Which isn't a bad thing, over all Fe/Ti types are rarer than Fi/Te types.

also the community here I noticed see enneatype 2 as rare as well.

No need to apologize. I started this thread fully aware of the fact that people would most likely take the opportunity to type me otherwise. I was fully aware of the murmers, but it's not like they bothered me, I was just curious to know where they're stemming from. The thing I seriously hope doesn't happen though, is if people start trying to associate me with a type because of stereotypes or some "image" they know of a type. It's easy to let stereotypes shroud a bias over one's perceptions even if they aren't fully aware. I'm looking to get down to the bottom of this.

As for enneagram tritype, I agree with [MENTION=24643]Frosty[/MENTION] analysis in the unravel me thread, and after looking more into it, I agree that I am most likely a 4, not a 2. Or tritype, 794 that is. Does that change perceptions of me being an ESFJ, most likely not, but I'm just putting that out there.

At the end of the day, I am the one that gets to decide my type and I am the one that knows my thought process best. Though, my closest friends probably know more about me than I do :blush:

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Mind me asking why you've changed from 792 to 794?

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Mind me asking why you've changed from 792 to 794?

To be frank, it all started with Frosty's unravel me typing of me. I then looked into since I never considered 4 before, though, when I took an enneagram test, took it twice at different points in my life, 4 was always like the second or third strongest behind 7. And, when considering my supposed instinctual order, 4 so/sx sounds dead on for me Enneagram 4 The Individualist - Typology Wiki

In short, I've always felt different than everyone else, a sort of outcast. Even though I made friends easily enough, I felt often felt misunderstood and to this day, continue to seek out that insanely close emotional bond with someone that knows and understands me through and through. Being understood is probably one of my driving forces in life. Having this image of myself, this identity, and being recognized for it.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
To be frank, it all started with Frosty's unravel me typing of me. I then looked into since I never considered 4 before, though, when I took an enneagram test, took it twice at different points in my life, 4 was always like the second or third strongest behind 7. And, when considering my supposed instinctual order, 4 so/sx sounds dead on for me Enneagram 4 The Individualist - Typology Wiki

In short, I've always felt different than everyone else, a sort of outcast. Even though I made friends easily enough, I felt often felt misunderstood and to this day, continue to seek out that insanely close emotional bond with someone that knows and understands me through and through. Being understood is probably one of my driving forces in life. Having this image of myself, this identity, and being recognized for it.

Ah I see. It's awesome that you're discovering new stuff about yourself. :) I'm also still in that process.

This is a type me thread, so I suppose I will add some of my insights. I relate very much to what you have described. I was always the outcast, the weird one, and it tortured me. That difference. I spent years just trying to fit in and be understood. Eventually I just accepted that I was inherently abnormal, and I started to embrace that. Still, I am fairly certain that I do not have a 4 fix.

What you have described actually sounds very 2w3 to me. Feeling fundamentally different and being an outcast isn't exclusively a 4 thing, I don't think. Every type can feel that way. You are seeking a deep connection with someone, to find that person who really understands you. Type 2 craves that. It wants bonds, love, and understanding. That's basically, on a fundamental level, what 2 is.
Furthermore, you mention that you have an image of your identity and you want to be recognized for it. This has to do with being an image type, I think, and a 3 influence. 3 is all about being recognized for its identity.

That's just how I arrived at a 2w3 conclusion. I mean, you're the only one who can know. And I may have misinterpreted you somehow. Just giving my thoughts. :)
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] gave me a lot of insight on 2 vs 4, so maybe he can help. And [MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION] is one of the clearest 4's on here, so maybe she'll give some insights.

Cheers!

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Oh, one more thing. I don't know if 4's are always seeking that person to understand them. I think 4's almost derive a weird pleasure from not being understood. They maintain their identities by seeing themselves as different and misunderstood.

Any 4 can correct me, though.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Ah I see. It's awesome that you're discovering new stuff about yourself. :) I'm also still in that process.

This is a type me thread, so I suppose I will add some of my insights. I relate very much to what you have described. I was always the outcast, the weird one, and it tortured me. That difference. I spent years just trying to fit in and be understood. Eventually I just accepted that I was inherently abnormal, and I started to embrace that. Still, I am fairly certain that I do not have a 4 fix.

What you have described actually sounds very 2w3 to me. Feeling fundamentally different and being an outcast isn't exclusively a 4 thing, I don't think. Every type can feel that way. You are seeking a deep connection with someone, to find that person who really understands you. Type 2 craves that. It wants bonds, love, and understanding. That's basically, on a fundamental level, what 2 is.
Furthermore, you mention that you have an image of your identity and you want to be recognized for it. This has to do with being an image type, I think, and a 3 influence. 3 is all about being recognized for its identity.

That's just how I arrived at a 2w3 conclusion. I mean, you're the only one who can know. And I may have misinterpreted you somehow. Just giving my thoughts. :)
[MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] gave me a lot of insight on 2 vs 4, so maybe he can help. And [MENTION=18559]Inis Mona[/MENTION] is one of the clearest 4's on here, so maybe she'll give some insights.

Cheers!

Some good things to keep in mind for sure! I appreciate your feedback feets. Ya, there is a bunch of stuff I don't let on, on the forum, such as this internal battle I have constantly going on inside me, of wanting to fit in yet stand out. No side ever feels like it's won either, it literally just persists on end. Like I would love to stand out from the crowd and be recognized for my talents and art, but in so doing, I feel my separation from others is of my own doing, and I then just reside in this no-man's land. This limbo.

Personally I feel like it's just my issues alone to work through, and I hate to bring others down with me with my own struggles so I never share the less than ideal side of me, but it's no doubt because of this, that my appearance on this forum can seem so one-dimensional too. Frosty really did hit the nail on the head in describing my outlook as a Fall day. She is MASSIVELY talented and I am sure everyone else can agree.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

The highlighted is not incompatible with ENFP typing. In fact, one of the best examples of ENFP we have hereabouts is Amargith, and this reminds me a bit of her.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

What you described sounds very Fi but not necessary 4.

Taking your username into an account, "enthusiastic dreamer" sounds like someone who fights and runs from the negativity of life into a positive attitude or at least a sense of optimistic hope... it's not very 4ish...

I have to say this, I really do and maybe I am just really messed-up myself... but people don't get how 4s really are...what's the darkness of this type and how the darkness can be more intense than anything you can ever experience.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
In fact, one of the best examples of ENFP we have hereabouts is Amargith

tumblr_m91am7LVBc1rot7deo4_250.gif

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, one more thing. I don't know if 4's are always seeking that person to understand them. I think 4's almost derive a weird pleasure from not being understood. They maintain their identities by seeing themselves as different and misunderstood.

Any 4 can correct me, though.

This isn't how I view 4ness. Or it isn't how I view being a 4 for me. It's exactly what I don't want, as a 4. To be different or misunderstood. It's the 4's fear. But I'm not interested in having an image of myself or being recognized. And I feel ambivalent about emotional bonds. Hmm.

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
This isn't how I view 4ness. Or it isn't how I view being a 4 for me. It's exactly what I don't want, as a 4. To be different or misunderstood. It's the 4's fear. But I'm not interested in having an image of myself or being recognized. And I feel ambivalent about emotional bonds. Hmm.

I appreciate your 4 viewpoint hel. Perhaps my SO instinctual preference is to "blame"? I'm in a grey area of understanding right now so I'm just throwing out loose understandings that I have of my current typing, which, other people basically gave me all the answers to :p

Dreamer

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram

Taking your username into an account, "enthusiastic dreamer" sounds like someone who fights and runs from the negativity of life into a positive attitude or at least a sense of optimistic hope... it's not very 4ish...

I have to say this, I really do and maybe I am just really messed-up myself... but people don't get how 4s really are...what's the darkness of this type and how the darkness can be more intense than anything you can ever experience.

Thank you for your input Inis! This should help all of our understanding of 4s a bit more :) I do in fact, highly, highly associate with Fi, which is why an Fe dom typing of all suggestions, bothers me. But again, this thread is all about discovery and new perspectives on myself and heck, what it means to be a certain type.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I feel like you have a certain pride about being a 4 though. Like it's cool to be me, but my darkness is what keeps me cool. Not saying that is exactly your experience but that's you vibe to me. It's actually 4 of you to not want any others to be a 4 isn't it? :p

But I agree with you, E_D is a 4 by no means. Lol.

But one thing that does irk me and it is sort of understandable. Enneagram is inherently more negative of a personality system than it is positive one. So if someone doesn't display the faults of a 4 too often, they could well be in fact healthy. A healthy 4 is no more of a 4 than an unhealthy 4. Now not everyone is always healthy but we only know others online.

However I still do not take my statement back. :p

@Enthusiastic_Dreamer I remember when we had intuitive story making fun. I did feel you like it was a Fe/Ne connection although I can't exactly categorize that experience either. Maybe your job is an excellent use of Si/Ne. While naturally extroverted you feel as if you have connection with the big picture but your work allows you to do the detail-work it needs once you kick in your introvert side. But it's all inconclusive. I'm still not too sure.

Maybe it's a pattern, I tend to understand sensors a lot less than intuitives.