• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Haight Career Advice

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I think you did the right thing. I believe it's as simple as him viewing you as a threat.

ygolo

My termites win
1. Sorry, but I don't understand your use of the phrase "solo person." Do you mean working from home, working as an independent contactor, working without a team (for whatever reason) or something else?

And it depends on what you are using AI for. In most cases, I won't have an answer for that. But in some cases, I would. In short, I need more information to provide advice.

2. Similar to the first answer, what does "validated learning" mean to you. However, beyond that, I can recommend a book that was an amazing help to me in terms of quickly learning a subject.

The book is titled, "The Science of Rapid Skill Acquisition." It's an exceptional book. Also, Gladwell's "Outliers" is helpful in the sense of realizing why some seem to just be better than others when in fact they are not. It just seems that way. In my view, maximum productivity is about focus and effort. Which reminds me, the classic book titled "Flow," by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi, was also an amazing help to me.
1. A "solo person" would be all of the above. An individual looking for work from home as an independent contractor without a team.

2. "Validated learning" meaning its not just stuff made up by a person, but has data backing it up--specifically, in this case, about a (job/product/service) market, not a subject. In particular, the data is not freely searchable on the web using google, bing, perplexity, or anything like that--something more insightful.