• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Wow!

I knew Pittsburgh was a bunch of pretenders but they've completely fallen apart down the stretch of the season. I hadn't even played to watch this game because I figured it was a gimme for the Steelers, yet I flicked it on at halftime just to see the score and it was 17-0 for the Bengals. Ben Roethlisberger is done (I really thought he was done 2 season ago when he threw 5 picks against Jacksonville but alas they gave him one more big payday and trotted his lifeless husk of a corpse out in the black and yellow for more action).

The Browns have a realistic shot to win their division for the first time since the civil rights movement.

Jaguar

main-qimg-562b9e43827b94bac41f8cb310ec52f6

Tomb1

Wow!

I knew Pittsburgh was a bunch of pretenders but they've completely fallen apart down the stretch of the season. I hadn't even played to watch this game because I figured it was a gimme for the Steelers, yet I flicked it on at halftime just to see the score and it was 17-0 for the Bengals. Ben Roethlisberger is done (I really thought he was done 2 season ago when he threw 5 picks against Jacksonville but alas they gave him one more big payday and trotted his lifeless husk of a corpse out in the black and yellow for more action).

The Browns have a realistic shot to win their division for the first time since the civil rights movement.

I liked end of the first. Bengals ran a 4-2-5 defense. Juju cuts a cross-route. Von Bell cracked him good.

Tomb1

...I'm gonna hold you on this one and when Fields looks like Haskins because every OSU QB is overhyped garbage we're gonna relook at this like Cowherd's take on Sam Darnold.

In fairness, if he ends up not being garbage, I will roast my own take on Fields.

Haskins is cookie-dough compared to Fields but let's see...Fields could of course turn out to be a dud.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Haskins is cookie-dough compared to Fields but let's see...Fields could of course turn out to be a dud.

I saw “cookie dough” & “Fields” in Live New Posts and immediately thought this was a cookie thread.
I am disappointed. :sadbanana:

Jaguar

You overly sensitive assholes need to get over JuJu's dancing on your logo. What a bunch of crazy people.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
NBA is back! I'm more curious to see the Nets-Warriors matchup tonight than the LA one.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
You overly sensitive assholes need to get over JuJu's dancing on your logo. What a bunch of crazy people.

Yeah that really is such a non-story. I could see if he was doing it during the games in a taunting fashion but he's just messing around during the warmups. Who cares??

NBA is back! I'm more curious to see the Nets-Warriors matchup tonight than the LA one.

I may actually tune into this. I watched a little bit of the Nets preseason game and it looks like KD has slightly lost a step, but obviously still very effective.

Jaguar

Yeah that really is such a non-story. I could see if he was doing it during the games in a taunting fashion but he's just messing around during the warmups. Who cares??

Well, apparently the Bengal boys were gunning for JuJu long before the game. Now Tomlin intends to talk to JuJu about his dancing on team logos. I swear to christ, don't people have a sense of humor? :D

Tomb1

It's not a big deal imo (certainly not worth getting kicked out of a game for like Cam Jordan) but one of those things when an opportunity comes along to take the guy's head off on a down don't do him any favors. Helluva hit.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's not a big deal imo (certainly not worth getting kicked out of a game for like Cam Jordan) but one of those things when an opportunity comes along to take the guy's head off on a down don't do him any favors. Helluva hit.

TOSlammed.gif

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Andrew Wiggins is one season away from being two seasons away from having a breakout season.

Tomb1

Brady will get to twiddle his thumbs during the pro bowl. Good to see Josh Allen-Diggs get in...Trey Hendrickson got left out.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Brady will get to twiddle his thumbs during the pro bowl. Good to see Josh Allen-Diggs get in...Trey Hendrickson got left out.

I'm making a bold prediction: Bills beat Kansas City in the AFC Championship game.

tenor.gif

Tomb1

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
James Harden acting a fucking fool. This shit had already gone too far, but now he's dumping kerosene on a fire. I just feel so bad for Stephen Silas, man.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9