• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Gratitude Thread

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I'm grateful I've survived this year, and I am trying to learn how to be grateful for this fucking house which is most certainly attempting to kill me. I'll be hemorrhaging money for years to come, but I am fixated on the end goal and using the process itself for personal growth. Perhaps one day I will be able to share the vision and experience with someone else, knowing that I will be a better version of myself for committing to the process instead of giving up and allowing it to consume me.

Hermit of the Forest

Greetings humans • Hunting
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
For wipeable aprons in a cat pattern.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
Having my brother around after like 15 years of not (and 9 years of zero contact). Not sure how long it will last, but it's nice for now.

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
For people with genuine empathy.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
For living in a really pretty area, with lots of trees, a creek running alongside the road, minimal noise, etc. I was just reminded of this going for a walk around my neighborhood at dusk, after doing some yard work. I consider myself fortunate to live in a place I really enjoy.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm thankful my father is still safe from illness in a facility. It is a good facility and they are being very careful. I moved across the country to be able to visit him on hospice and give him vitamins and supplements to help him each day. It's been a strange feeling to be in a new town and completely cut off from him, but during video calls he is free of coughing and congestion.

Its a rare enough thing unfortunately.
There are still kind people in this world.

I'm especially thankful for the people who have expressed kindness towards me as I face the decline of both parents. I'm especially thankful for the kindness shown to me by others about my mother being recently placed on hospice after a painful and frightening visit to the ER. This has been a time of grief for me, and I'm thankful for the kind words from people who care about me.

They mean more now too because I am in complete social isolation. I will realistically face the death of my mother without any human to give me a hug when I hear the news. I will cry alone, grieve alone, so the comfort is from the video calls and the kindnesses and words from friends online who have the insight to see grief and offer a moments kindness. I feel gratitude for these moments of empathy.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
For Mothers. Happy Mother's Day Type OC ^_^

Call Yours. @_@

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My mother specifically. My mother who is kind, loving, sweet, generous, thoughtful, curious, empathetic, smart, and very strong. I'm incredibly lucky she's my mother.

Music. As Jaguar said.

Music is my refuge from the world. Some songs I just wish I could swim in- live in for a while.

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
For tarts. Maybe I'll make Tuesday my official pastry day, as long as it's not raining. I love morning routines. Sitting outside in the sun with a cup of tea and fresh pastry, yas.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
For tarts. Maybe I'll make Tuesday my official pastry day, as long as it's not raining. I love morning routines. Sitting outside in the sun with a cup of tea and fresh pastry, yas.

So question about the bolded: Do you ever actually get around to doing/committing to these ideas, or are you more like me and they never happen and instead remain a vision of a better version of you forever?

Schrödinger's Name

Blessed With A Curse
So question about the bolded: Do you ever actually get around to doing/committing to these ideas, or are you more like me and they never happen and instead remain a vision of a better version of you forever?

Hehe... :D That's literally what I thought after I posted this. Will I really go to the bakery every Tuesday? Probably not. Maybe that's better for my health (and wallet) too. But a pastry every now and then when I go out to buy some bread? Yes, sure.
(But I do drink tea every morning ever since I bought teabags.)