• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

See, this is partly what I figured to begin with, the protestors who are actually doing things like this or the restaurant harassment and etc. may be following the trail lines of BLM protests, but are not, in fact, BLM. It is obvious so many other violent groups both left and right are using BLM's large gatherings and protests as a place to push their violence and then the blame gets entirely laid upon BLM. But BLM also does not say much TO these protestors which bothers me as well. They loot, burn buildings, they destroy the very communities where blacks are trying to build a life for themselves. And it is appalling. Don't just acknowledge the "conservative protestors" or...well extreme liberatarians. There are some extremists on all ends right now and its pretty scary that nothing is being done about any of it...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
See, this is partly what I figured to begin with, the protestors who are actually doing things like this or the restaurant harassment and etc. may be following the trail lines of BLM protests, but are not, in fact, BLM. It is obvious so many other violent groups both left and right are using BLM's large gatherings and protests as a place to push their violence and then the blame gets entirely laid upon BLM. But BLM also does not say much TO these protestors which bothers me as well. They loot, burn buildings, they destroy the very communities where blacks are trying to build a life for themselves. And it is appalling. Don't just acknowledge the "conservative protestors" or...well extreme liberatarians. There are some extremists on all ends right now and its pretty scary that nothing is being done about any of it...

There's not a lot being done about it because no one wants to do anything about it -- it serves whichever side to let the confusion exist and even stoke it, so any legitimate grievances can be ignored and nothing will get changed.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
A friend on FB, who says she's an empath, posted that she wanted universal healthcare. It turned into an argument about Japan, and how they only taxed at about 22% of their income, and they have universal healthcare. I didn't get to comment, since she deleted it when the tone got ugly.....So anyways, Japan also didn't quarantine all the young people, send out stimulus checks to everyone and widely allow vandalism of private property. Probably less hawkish than America too. Maybe America could afford universal healthcare too if America could do other things similar to Japan. I feel like here, people want to have it both ways. They want what America has and want what Japan has.

I'm disappointed that this college football stuff is being pushed right now. Even without Covid, running around with a ball back and forth while injuring other people doesn't seem worth doing.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...I'm disappointed that this college football stuff is being pushed right now. Even without Covid, running around with a ball back and forth while injuring other people doesn't seem worth doing.

Well, it's a huge revenue stream so... that's the obsession.

But even on the smallest levels: my eldest son worked at a sports bar in Penn State. He made good money last year waitering and bussing tables among other roles. Crazy levels of tips and food/alcohol purchases after games. Now it's just like a wasteland, and even if they would open, not many people might go or want to work there due to the high likelihood of virus transmission. He's currently getting unemployment and trying to figure out what to do.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
There's not a lot being done about it because no one wants to do anything about it -- it serves whichever side to let the confusion exist and even stoke it, so any legitimate grievances can be ignored and nothing will get changed.

I 100% agree. Both parties are getting benefits. I find it appalling they're using this as a campaign slogan though. At least Biden DID speak up that no violence period is a peaceful protest...he didn't say whether left or right... I don't want to hear the "Biden's America" shit. that is the type of shit that the dems did about Trump that pissed me off and now Trump is just as low - not that he wasn't already at the bottom of a pit.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Well, it's a huge revenue stream so... that's the obsession.

But even on the smallest levels: my eldest son worked at a sports bar in Penn State. He made good money last year waitering and bussing tables among other roles. Crazy levels of tips and food/alcohol purchases after games. Now it's just like a wasteland, and even if they would open, not many people might go or want to work there due to the high likelihood of virus transmission. He's currently getting unemployment and trying to figure out what to do.

That's sad. I hope he finds something.

People need better hobbies than watching that. At the very least, we should be watching a more entertaining sport. My dream, though, is that people watch science competitions in bars. Politics, music and the arts would be the next best thing. Rewarding something more worthwhile would help society progress beyond barbarism.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
A friend on FB, who says she's an empath, posted that she wanted universal healthcare. It turned into an argument about Japan, and how they only taxed at about 22% of their income, and they have universal healthcare. I didn't get to comment, since she deleted it when the tone got ugly.....So anyways, Japan also didn't quarantine all the young people, send out stimulus checks to everyone and widely allow vandalism of private property. Probably less hawkish than America too. Maybe America could afford universal healthcare too if America could do other things similar to Japan. I feel like here, people want to have it both ways. They want what America has and want what Japan has.

I'm disappointed that this college football stuff is being pushed right now. Even without Covid, running around with a ball back and forth while injuring other people doesn't seem worth doing.

I agree. I was very behind the season starting in the spring, which is what the Big 10 had proposed.

We don't need anything like Japan has or frankly, any other country has. We already have a super well functioning federal healthcare infrastructure that has served people well for 54 years. Ask any of the 44 million Americans using it. I know I would personally love it if more people took the time to educate themselves on the CMS.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I agree. I was very behind the season starting in the spring, which is what the Big 10 had proposed.

I don't exactly understand what happened, but the government needs to stay out of football. It seems like they think football players are special, but don't bother intervening for the rest of us.

We don't need anything like Japan has or frankly, any other country has. We already have a super well functioning federal healthcare infrastructure that has served people well for 54 years. Ask any of the 44 million Americans using it. I know I would personally love it if more people took the time to educate themselves on the CMS.

You are for expanding it to people who aren't covered yet, right?

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
I don't exactly understand what happened, but the government needs to stay out of football.

Trump felt his interference in the Power 5 conferences would yield political positives and it appears to have worked.

You are for expanding it to people who aren't covered yet, right?

Yes. I've never been a proponent of creating a new healthcare anything in the US. There is no need. If legislatures are unwilling to place any kind of cost ceilings healthcare costs, and they're not, this is the only option left. They had their chance. But most people have no idea at all that the blended mean overhead costs for Medicare and Medicaid sits at around 2-3% vs health insurance that sits around 17%.

This is the billing and insurance-related costs (BRI) that is always referenced when it comes to HoWYoUGoNnApAyFoRiT??. The US is a total outlier when it comes to administrative costs - it's certainly not the salaries these people are making, they make shit regardless of education and certifications. CEO's and and "non-profit" heath insurers are the only ones making $$ from administrative costs. Remove them from the equation and see how much better costs look.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
“There is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress.”

Jaguar

EXRJbfXXsAMtCho.png