• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
From what I see the last of our boys just left Afghanistan. Therefore for my country that "drama" in a direct sense is over.

Lark

Imagine if Trump rallies, other far right rallies globally, are all attempts to dupe people with those opinions and that naivete into gathering in larger numbers, together, in order to spread the virus and kill them or impair them?

The results wont be known until (for them) its too late.

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Imagine if Trump rallies, other far right rallies globally, are all attempts to dupe people with those opinions and that naivete into gathering in larger numbers, together, in order to spread the virus and kill them or impair them?

The results wont be known until (for them) its too late.

While I totally believe he's capable of being that deplorable to his own fan base, I...:huh: You know... If that were true it would be an interesting answer to a riddle that I suspect vexes many cult leaders. But his followers arent ready to turn on him yet. And I have a difficult time picturing him having that kind of forethought. Someone else would have to be pulling his puppet strings, which i can believe but I cant imagine his hypothetical secret master would be anymore inclined to piss on him to put him out if he were on fire than trump himself is on his own followers. Regardless their level of devotion to him is perplexing. :shrug:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
While I totally believe he's capable of being that deplorable to his own fan base, I...:huh: You know... If that were true it would be an interesting answer to a riddle that I suspect vexes many cult leaders. But his followers arent ready to turn on him yet. And I have a difficult time picturing him having that kind of forethought. Someone else would have to be pulling his puppet strings, which i can believe but I cant imagine his hypothetical secret master would be anymore inclined to piss on him to put him out if he were on fire than trump himself is on his own followers. Regardless their level of devotion to him is perplexing. :shrug:

Obviously you never met enough people that have nothing left to lose.

The Cat

Staff member
Obviously you never met enough people that have nothing left to lose.

In my experience there is a practical difference between those who truly have nothing left to lose and those who only believe it because they've not yet lost everything.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
In my experience there is a practical difference between those who truly have nothing left to lose and those who only believe it because they've not yet lost everything.

Of course, but the number of those that don't have that much to lose isn't that small at this point. It is just a fact that desperate people tend to vote for populists, what then closes certain supply and demand circle. Even in cases when the concrete results aren't that great. What is because people actually believe in idea, not a man of flesh and blood. This is exactly why people tend to fly around the word "cult" regarding this topic.

The Cat

Staff member
Of course, but the number of those that don't have that much to lose isn't that small at this point. It is just a fact that desperate people tend to vote for populists, what then closes certain supply and demand circle. Even in cases when the concrete results aren't that great. What is because people actually believe in idea, not a man of flesh and blood. This is exactly why people tend to fly around the word "cult" regarding this topic.

True enough. It's still baffling to me though. :shrug:

Lark

All those types simultaneously need/are attached to their crowds of followers and at the same time loath them, so it could be possible that they go full Jim Jones on them, I would say even unconsciously.

Its the whole "After me, the flood" kind of thing that leaders of that sort always exhibit.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Things I learned today....

Found out a satanic trans anarchist won a GOP primary. 🤘
"Unemployed" apparently means "foreign" (Fox News Act Blue insane lie)
Mercenaries hate cops more than anybody. (Who knew?)
Abraham Lincoln got a congrats on your reelection fan letter from Karl Marx (I read the letter, it rocks)

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
True enough. It's still baffling to me though. :shrug:

Yes it is absurd to the level which Trump's base is going with this. However truth to be told the other side doesn't have a perfect record either over the last 20 years, so most of the Trump's base are simply choosing the evil they know over the evil they don't. Plus most of the base tends to see Democrats as some sort of creatures that came from Mars. What in the end is the fault of the market, which produced the media that are selling that talking point. However since people got hooked up on that talking point the media didn't stop with them and then the politicians saw the opportunity how to weaponize this. While in the end the invention of social media made sure that people not only can't even agree on the facts but they make their own little worlds. Therefore the whole thing simply snowballed because no one really cared (or they even used the mess as smoke screen).

The Cat

Staff member
Yes it is absurd to the level which Trump's base is going with this. However truth to be told the other side doesn't have a perfect record either over the last 20 years, so most of the Trump's base are simply choosing the evil they know over the evil they don't. Plus most of the base tends to see Democrats as some sort of creatures that came from Mars. What in the end is the fault of the market, which produced the media that are selling that talking point. However since people got hooked up on that talking point the media didn't stop with them and then the politicians saw the opportunity how to weaponize this. While in the end the invention of social media made sure that people not only can't even agree on the facts but they make their own little worlds. Therefore the whole thing simply snowballed because no one really cared (or they even used the mess as smoke screen).

It's not surprising that Cosmic Horror is on the upswing in entertainment rn.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It's not surprising that Cosmic Horror is on the upswing in entertainment rn.

Actually yes. The darkening of your entertainment industry is actually pretty important chunk in why you have current political climate. You as a whole country went too far into the dark and now everyone is depressed. To be fully honest I stopped watching your films and TV content since I want to preserve myself from all the "PTSD masturbations" that you tend to glorify lately. Not to mention that "it is the end of the world" get kinda boring when you watch the 20th story with that theme. I mean all of this is kinda self-fulfilling prophecy when you think about it.

The Cat

Staff member
Actually yes. The darkening of your entertainment industry is actually pretty important chunk in why you have current political climate. You as a whole country went too far into the dark and now everyone is depressed. To be fully honest I stopped watching your films and TV content since I want to preserve myself from all the "PTSD masturbations" that you tend to glorify lately. Not to mention that "it is the end of the world" get kinda boring when you watch the 20th story with that theme. I mean all of this is kinda self-fulfilling prophecy when you think about it.

Many people labor under the mistaken belief that art only imitates life. The inverse is just as true.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Many people labor under the mistaken belief that art only imitates life. The inverse is just as true.

Absolutely.
Therefore I asked myself if I live in a city where my mother can freely walk around after midnight and I never saw a gang in person do I really have to watch all those crime scenes shows ? At first there is something to watch but after a while it just becomes kinda mental and boring at the same time. They put something like 3 or 4 of them in a row and that is kinda messed up if you think about it. Since this is pretty good foundation for developing mild mental illnesses on the long run. The same goes for modern SF-horror stuff if you go over the line. While reality TV is simply pure intellectual death. Therefore cutting on those sources of depression perhaps isn't a bad idea. In a way this is why we have a clear trend in airing the stuff that is 30, 40, 50 years old. Which were made before current trends.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
My government through state run company is currently in the process of making our islands run purely on green energy. Populations are small and there is plenty of winds and sun in these often remote areas. Therefore it is indeed more logical in every way that the energy is produced locally. What then turns the islands into genuine eco-zones.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Let's hear it from the pro life, anti-eugenics crowd!

*crickets*

Whistleblower: There Were Mass Hysterectomies at ICE Facility | Law & Crime

Multiple women came forward to tell Project South about what they perceived to be the inordinate rate at which women in ICDC were subjected to hysterectomies – a surgical operation in which all or part of the uterus is removed. Additionally, many of the immigrant women who underwent the procedure were reportedly “confused” when asked to explain why they had the surgery, with one detainee likening their treatment to prisoners in concentration camps.

“Recently, a detained immigrant told Project South that she talked to five different women detained at ICDC between October and December 2019 who had a hysterectomy done,” the complaint stated. “When she talked to them about the surgery, the women ‘reacted confused when explaining why they had one done.’ The woman told Project South that it was as though the women were ‘trying to tell themselves it’s going to be OK.’”

Jaguar

Why did I have to read this? Now I'm pissed off.

https://www.prisonlegalnews.org/news/2013/feb/15/lasalle-corrections-a-family-run-prison-firm/W

It makes no sense to mix a profit motive into the governmental function of incarceration, which can only lead to worse treatment of prisoners, perversion of the public safety aspect of imprisonment, and a desire to put more people in prison in order to make more money.

Yeah, like innocent people of color—no doubt—you filthy cocksuckers.

Edit: Someone pulled it off the server after I linked to it? Really? Maybe it's a paywall thing.

Jaguar

For instance, in a Covid WhatsApp chat group, a Republican posted a statement that real Catholics can’t be Democrats

Why - do they molest children less often? And as I finished typing the last letter of that sentence, what appeared on my TV? An ad for my state Attorney General who takes a sledgehammer to Catholic priests for molesting altar boys. There are no coincidences, people.