• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Random Politics Thread

The Cat

Offering FREE Monkey paws down at the Crossroads.
Staff member
Yeah, they are horrible.

What more is there to say? The Democrats are the overprotective mother. The Republicans are the controlling father.
Just curious for more in depth information about what you believe....if you really believe it.

The Cat

Staff member
Very post. Big wow.
Its just really hard to take your responses as being serious from a serious person. Not that there's anything wrong with being unserious. I myself am a very unserious person from time to time. Seriously. But fun wordplay and banter aside; when someone carries as much water for fascism as you seem to be, with such seeming willful blindness, with all the strawmen and false equivalencies you can carry...essentially acting like a meme of the alt right.... People are gonna not take you seriously as anything but.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
Its just really hard to take your responses as being serious from a serious person. Not that there's anything wrong with being unserious. I myself am a very unserious person from time to time. Seriously. But fun wordplay and banter aside; when someone carries as much water for fascism as you seem to be, with such seeming willful blindness, with all the strawmen and false equivalencies you can carry...essentially acting like a meme of the alt right.... People are gonna not take you seriously as anything but.

And of course, you are in no way biased for calling me alt-right when I have never voted for Trump.

No, I have a level head in this because I am not googoo gaga for Biden. And falling head over heals for Biden is probably all you will accept as far as being "rational" is concerned.

The Cat

Staff member
And of course, you are in no way biased for calling me alt-right when I have never voted for Trump.

No, I have a level head in this because I am not googoo gaga for Biden. And falling head over heals for Biden is probably all you will accept as far as being "rational" is concerned.
You dont have to vote for trump to be alt right. Just like you dont have to vote for biden to be a leftist. Correlation doesnt imply causality. But when one so carefully ignores the elephant in the room, its not unreasonable to suspect that they can see what they're pretending to not be able to see.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
You dont have to vote for trump to be alt right. Just like you dont have to vote for biden to be a leftist. Correlation doesnt imply causality. But when one so carefully ignores the elephant in the room, its not unreasonable to suspect that they can see what they're pretending to not be able to see.

Don't start with that. If you think Biden is a poster child, just say so. I don't believe that though. Read my quote by Plato. Most people in power seek power. As such, most people in power are not fit for the job.

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
You have to be at least a little crazy to run for president. For Trump, it is his arrogance. For Biden, it is that someone needs to change his diapers.

The Cat

Staff member
Don't start with that. If you think Biden is a poster child, just say so. I don't believe that though. Read my quote by Plato. Most people in power seek power. As such, most people in power are not fit for the job.
If I thought Biden were a poster child I would have said so. I read your quote by Plato when you posted it, I'll respond with a quote from Socrates: If given that is your honest belief on the matter, please explain who should be in power if not anyone who seeks it? in other words: Why do you think that? Can you explain?

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
If I thought Biden were a poster child I would have said so. I read your quote by Plato when you posted it, I'll respond with a quote from Socrates: If given that is your honest belief on the matter, please explain who should be in power if not anyone who seeks it? in other words: Why do you think that? Can you explain?

Because power corrupts. People who seek power want power. Why do you think they want power? Is it to benefit others? No, that is what revolutionaries do, not politicians.

The Cat

Staff member
Because power corrupts. People who seek power want power. Why do you think they want power? Is it to benefit others? No, that is what revolutionaries do, not politicians.
And so what then is the solution dear Quick?

Quick

MBTI Type
INFP
And so what then is the solution dear Quick?

Everyday people are the ones who change society the most. Politicians are there to enforce laws for the common good (by punishing wrongdoers). They can barely do that. It should fall on the people to change society, not putting our hope in politicians. So maybe we need a few revolutionaries. Maybe we need a few martyrs for things to change. We need everyday people to become heroes. There is not another solution than that.

The Cat

Staff member
Everyday people are the ones who change society the most. Politicians are there to enforce laws for the common good (by punishing wrongdoers). They can barely do that. It should fall on the people to change society, not putting our hope in politicians. So maybe we need a few revolutionaries. Maybe we need a few martyrs for things to change. We need everyday people to become heroes. There is not another solution than that.
And what would this look like in your estimation?

The Cat

Staff member
I don't know if I would even want to tell you for fear of being mocked.
I'm genuinely curious, and I'm not intending to mock you, I apologize if you believe so. Rest assured I have no interest in mocking you, I reemphasize at this point, I'm genuinely curious. Should you chose to take a leap of faith, and share your vision. I'll be around tomorrow to read it. In the mean time, I wish you a kindly evening. I do hope you'll take the opportunity to answer the questions.