• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Te?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I thought seeing beauty in things was an ISFP trait?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I sometimes test neck and neck with my 9 and 6... 6w5, more so than 6w7. They're usually very close.

And I am pretty skeptical. I tend to ask a lot of "why" questions.....and I look for hidden motives often.

I'm curious how you knew 4 would be in my tritype?

Thanks again for your perspective.

I looked back up the thread and realized I had glossed over your question about how I knew type 4 would be in your tritype.

It was because of your hyper-sensitive nature. And your intellectuality points to the 5-wing.

- - - Updated - - -

I thought seeing beauty in things was an ISFP trait?

It's not the question of seeing beauty in things, but in seeing a beauty that others can't see.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's not the question of seeing beauty in things, but in seeing a beauty that others can't see.

The question she asked me, and she said it was an important one, was "What is it that is obvious to you that isn't to everyone else?"

So that was my answer.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The question she asked me, and she said it was an important one, was "What is it that is obvious to you that isn't to everyone else?"

So that was my answer.

My answer is also the same. I am beginning to reconsider your results on my test as more valid than I had realized.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it's odd that I tested INFJ as the number one thing on your test because on a dichotomy scale, I'm VERY P. I can be spontaneous, like surprises, adaptable, I don't like to plan that much, and certainly not in detail.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Ni-Fe interaction : infj

erisanuINFJ 36f 6 points 2 years ago
But if I'm an INFJ...How could I be an Ni-Fe and not see Fe use all this time(since it seems to be so obvious in most Fe doms and auxes)? Is there evidence for muted Fe use in INFJs?
Muted, stifled, smothered, repressed, locked down and buried... there is certainly evidence (at least an abundance of anecdotal evidence, anyway) of INFJ's whose Fe is undeveloped, underutilized, or just outright ignored in formative years, leading to problems as they age and mature.
How could I be an Ni-Fe and not see Fe use all this time
Not "seeing" it is possibly key. You could be an INFJ who doesn't know how to recognize what Fe use actually is, and as such feel like you've been living without it all along, when in fact it's a part of everything you do in rather diluted and diffuse subconscious ways.
Myself and several INFJ's I've met tested as INTJ for most of our teens and into adulthood. The common theme for us was being raised in environments which where either heavily dismissive of or actively antagonistic toward emotional expression, usually owing to some kind of emotional immaturity or impatience on the part of the guardians/parents or just enough turbulence and trauma that we didn't feel safe. We were emotionally expressive kids who at some point learned that being emotionally expressive was bad, or weak, or shameful, or just caused problems for us.
An INFJ who isn't brought up learning to use Fe healthily will often display behaviors that can indicate the imbalance they're suffering. Things like insecurity & anxiety, depressive isolation, anger management issues, or emotional communication issues have been shown (ime) to be resolvable with enough effort made to develop Fe.
The most difficult part is figuring out how to even recognize your Fe and how you use it. For myself as example, my Fe was so base and immature (and such a wet-wired part of my personality) that I didn't even realize it was something I did reflexively until I'd spent enough time living with a strong Fi-type to see the contrast. It was like a fish learning to recognize water...

This was very helpful.

If I am an INFJ, it may be because I had seen abuse and violence, my own, as well as between my grandparents.... It disturbed me greatly. My grandma was an ESFP....and I remember when I was probably around 3 or 4, her saying "Awww, Farrah", in a shaming way, because she thought it was funny how easily she could make me cry by feeling like I did something bad. I also had a hypersensitive conscience....so I would feel extremely guilty sometimes, out of proportion with the transgression.

I withdrew as a kid because other kids didn't get me and I felt like an outsider. We didn't find the same things interesting, and being social last...I think I just gave up. But it bothered me being an outsider and isolated. I would cry when I came home from school because people were mean to me, or just because I didn't have any friends. My mom told me that I should just let things roll off my shoulder, but I couldn't.

So I thought my strong conscience and focus on my feelings was an Fi thing. I don't think I absorb emotions like a true INFJ does. I don't council, or give out advice....I don't know how to help. I am a live and let live kind of person. And I self-reference often, relating how I would feel in a situation to know how that person would feel. I had an INFJ friend come over who's mother recently passed away. She was telling me how she lays awake in bed at night listening to the voicemail her mother last left her just so she can hear her voice. I couldn't help it and started crying, and I had to abruptly leave because I didn't want to upset her... she wasn't crying...I was the one that was a mess. I had avoided talking with her about it for over a month because I wasn't sure I could handle the emotions that would come up for me because I'm so sensitive to people's suffering.

I have noticed some things in my thinking that seem Fe though. I will take care of other people's feelings. One time I picked up the paper on the steps that had been there for almost a week because I didn't want the paper deliverer to feel bad, like what he was doing wasn't appreciated. My INFP ex would stay true to her values and not lie to make someone feel good. Where as I would. I attributed that to being a 9... but it's not always about conflict...I just genuinely want to see people happy. My values depend on the context and people involved. I stopped a fight in a parking lot between two women because they were about to get physical in front of a little child that was with the woman putting groceries away next to me. I couldn't take it anymore and I had to say something, so I overcame my fear of conflict and went over to the women and told them to "grow up" and "I can't believe you are fighting in front of a little child." I was a little kid when I saw my grandpa hit my grandma, and I didn't want that little girl to see how violent people can be.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Just thinking about something else that could possibly affect results... Out of all of my group that I went with for the EEG, which consisted of 1 INFJ, 1 INTJ, 1 ENTJ and 1 INFP....I was the only one that when looking at the sensory resources utilized during the scan, used my senses in an active way most of the time, with very little gaps.

The intuitives in the group all had gaps in their sensory resources, showing that they were just using their senses passively.

I was also the only one to show a strong starburst pattern, so....

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
ISTP, if between the ISxP tupes. I hear no Fi in there. You use mostly concrete language, which suggests sensing. The auxiliary preference for Se sounds right.
A preference for Feeling means seeing the world in terms of value over technical classification. It's not about skills or moments of emotion.
It doesn't necessirily mean being a "marshmallow" inside. Inferior Feeling can actually lead to bouts of overwhelming sentimentality that might seem out of character to how you appear.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Yeah, I'm on quite a few MBTI and Enneagram groups on FB and I can tell a difference between those that have high intuition and mine in the way we write. When they start getting too N, I lose interest quickly. Even with my INFP ex, the Ne possibility seeking seemed annoying and unrealistic. Once we had what sounded like a good idea, I wanted to get started implementing it...and it would surprise her how quickly I took action on ideas she suggested.

My values are kindness, honesty, intelligence, sincerity and to be a helpful person...other than that....I don't really hold any strong convictions. I just kind of lived like "be the change you want to see in the world" and lead by example.
My ex-husband was an ISFP, and I think he was a 9 Sx...very mergy, seemed to have no personality, but he still had strong convictions around his religion. He ended up joining a cult. Yet he would lie like crazy, seemed like a paradox to me. He marched to the beat of his own drum and didn't care as much about what people thought of him.
The Infp that I dated for 3 years also had strong convictions.
I don't have convictions, but I do have priorities...and my kids are number one... that's one of the few areas that gets me worked up the most.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
When I was a little kid, I was pretty ISTP like, but I was people-pleasing and sensitive too...
I was gender atypical and fit in much better with the boys...all my friends were male.

But i was made to feel ashamed for not being lady like. My interest in playing rough, male toys like robots and video games were not supported, so instead they got me tons of dolls that I had absolutely no interest in playing with.

And because I cared so much, I concealed a lot of my normal personality.

In high school, I tried to take a shop class but I was the only girl, and I was already so bullied that I dropped it after one day because of how uncomfortable it was.
And I thought about taking carpentry or auto mechanics at the trade school, but that was definitely looked down on. So instead, I focused my attention on somewhat acceptable interests and took computer classes.
It felt more safe to blend in. I wasn't being true to myself, but at least I wasn't being judged and ostracized as much.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Yeah, I'm on quite a few MBTI and Enneagram groups on FB and I can tell a difference between those that have high intuition and mine in the way we write. When they start getting too N, I lose interest quickly. Even with my INFP ex, the Ne possibility seeking seemed annoying and unrealistic. Once we had what sounded like a good idea, I wanted to get started implementing it...and it would surprise her how quickly I took action on ideas she suggested.

My values are kindness, honesty, intelligence, sincerity and to be a helpful person...other than that....I don't really hold any strong convictions. I just kind of lived like "be the change you want to see in the world" and lead by example.
My ex-husband was an ISFP, and I think he was a 9 Sx...very mergy, seemed to have no personality, but he still had strong convictions around his religion. He ended up joining a cult. Yet he would lie like crazy, seemed like a paradox to me. He marched to the beat of his own drum and didn't care as much about what people thought of him.
The Infp that I dated for 3 years also had strong convictions.
I don't have convictions, but I do have priorities...and my kids are number one... that's one of the few areas that gets me worked up the most.

I understand that...ideas are a means to an end. While i can go into not possible, i cant sit in that stage very long. I have to create the connection between ideas and reality through implementation.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are 35% Judging and 65% Perceiving, you are Casually Organized!

There is a time and place for planning, but you strongly believe that life is about living. While others are busy checking their to-do lists, you can be found on your next great adventure.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This was very helpful.

If I am an INFJ, it may be because I had seen abuse and violence, my own, as well as between my grandparents.... It disturbed me greatly. My grandma was an ESFP....and I remember when I was probably around 3 or 4, her saying "Awww, Farrah", in a shaming way, because she thought it was funny how easily she could make me cry by feeling like I did something bad. I also had a hypersensitive conscience....so I would feel extremely guilty sometimes, out of proportion with the transgression.

I withdrew as a kid because other kids didn't get me and I felt like an outsider. We didn't find the same things interesting, and being social last...I think I just gave up. But it bothered me being an outsider and isolated. I would cry when I came home from school because people were mean to me, or just because I didn't have any friends. My mom told me that I should just let things roll off my shoulder, but I couldn't.

So I thought my strong conscience and focus on my feelings was an Fi thing. I don't think I absorb emotions like a true INFJ does. I don't council, or give out advice....I don't know how to help. I am a live and let live kind of person. And I self-reference often, relating how I would feel in a situation to know how that person would feel. I had an INFJ friend come over who's mother recently passed away. She was telling me how she lays awake in bed at night listening to the voicemail her mother last left her just so she can hear her voice. I couldn't help it and started crying, and I had to abruptly leave because I didn't want to upset her... she wasn't crying...I was the one that was a mess. I had avoided talking with her about it for over a month because I wasn't sure I could handle the emotions that would come up for me because I'm so sensitive to people's suffering.

I have noticed some things in my thinking that seem Fe though. I will take care of other people's feelings. One time I picked up the paper on the steps that had been there for almost a week because I didn't want the paper deliverer to feel bad, like what he was doing wasn't appreciated. My INFP ex would stay true to her values and not lie to make someone feel good. Where as I would. I attributed that to being a 9... but it's not always about conflict...I just genuinely want to see people happy. My values depend on the context and people involved. I stopped a fight in a parking lot between two women because they were about to get physical in front of a little child that was with the woman putting groceries away next to me. I couldn't take it anymore and I had to say something, so I overcame my fear of conflict and went over to the women and told them to "grow up" and "I can't believe you are fighting in front of a little child." I was a little kid when I saw my grandpa hit my grandma, and I didn't want that little girl to see how violent people can be.

Do you see a contradiction here?
1. I don't think I absorb emotions like a true INFJ does.
2. I had avoided talking with her about it for over a month because I wasn't sure I could handle the emotions that would come up for me because I'm so sensitive to people's suffering.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
No, I don't think so because it was about how I would feel... not how she was feeling. Her emotions could make me feel bad, but they were my own. Which is why I was the one so upset and she wasn't at the time.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are 35% Judging and 65% Perceiving, you are Casually Organized!

There is a time and place for planning, but you strongly believe that life is about living. While others are busy checking their to-do lists, you can be found on your next great adventure.

Tales from childhood indicate developmental processes, such as the submergence of Fe in the INFJ type due to a loss of confidence.

You may as well take the last test:
Myers-Briggs: Are You Sensing Or Intuitive? | BrainFall

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are 70% Sensing and 30% Intuitive, you are a Sensor!

You favor sensing to intuition, but you still have the ability to pick up on larger patterns through your experiences.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are 70% Sensing and 30% Intuitive, you are a Sensor!

You favor sensing to intuition, but you still have the ability to pick up on larger patterns through your experiences.

You scored ISFP on the dichotomies (although you didn't take the I/E test), INFJ on my test, and Fi on the JCF scale. You seem INFJ to others, and have a distinct Ti quality about you. You come off as Ni in live conversations, however (not Ti as that one lady thought). An EEG revealed an Ni star-like pattern among other things. Your childhood behavioral patterns are distinct to the ISFP type of child, but you've apparently adapted and acquired other cognitive resources. I described other ISFP traits to you but you didn't identify with them. I would say that if there's a loop going on, then it is an Fi-Ni loop. Although you don't identify with Ni, JCF descriptions only concern dominants, not auxiliaries, tertiaries, or inferiors. The INFJ type, because of Ti-tertiary, has a rather nerdy aspect to the personality and even appearance (glasses, weak chin). The ISFP type, because of the Ni-tertiary, is not so much mysterious as "unique." An INFJ type is mysterious and unique. The Ni-tertiary only brings some Ni traits into the personality, a hippie-like, anti-authoritarian even slightly antisocial bent which is assisted by the Te-inferior. The latter resists authority with a passion, and comes out more clearly as the personality becomes more unhealthy.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
I wouldn't completely dismiss ISTP because you have a strong emotional side. I read something about how inferior Fe can manifest as HSP because our inferior functions are ones that we have a problem using in a completely healthy way. Females also find it harder to completely relate to T characteristics because of the cultural norms we are raised with.