• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Inferior Te?

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Right...and my brain areas, specifically the Pz and F4 regions were my highest...both tend to be more related to Ti/Se and Ti/Ne respectively. I've installed brakes on my van before...changed the oil, fixed my computer's jumpers on the MB, installed a new light fixture using existing wiring (scared me to death), I was also pretty awesome at doing the figure-8 in my motorcycle safety course so they had other people watch me as an example.

But I don't make decisions on logic primarily. I use logic, definitely...but people are the deciding factor.

Even today, while leaving for lunch, I saw someone left their lights on in the parking lot. I didn't want them to have to come out to their car after work and the battery be dead. So I called the operator and tried to have them notify the owner. When they told me that they aren't allowed to page overhead, I tried to get into the car myself. Unfortunately it was locked. It bothers me because this is possibly going to ruin someone's night after a long shift, and it could have been prevented.

I stick up for people and protect them. I defend those that are wronged. I've beaten up kids for messing with my brothers. I've told off surgeons when I was 17 because they weren't taking care of my grandfather the way I thought they should have been.

The reason I do my job is because I want to help people in some way, but I'm too sensitive to deal with them face to face. Every lab specimen is a person to me.

This is a quicker, easier test than mine:
Myers-Briggs: Are You Thinking Or Feeling? | BrainFall

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You are 27% Thinking and 73% Feeling, you are a Logical Softie!

You are often swayed by your emotions, but you never let yourself get too carried away.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You are 27% Thinking and 73% Feeling, you are a Logical Softie!

You are often swayed by your emotions, but you never let yourself get too carried away.

I think it comes down to your ISFP trait preference for artisanship over the artistic. Low Te and Fe on my exam points to a high preference for Fi and Ti, whatever your high scores on it may be. And you did state that Fe and Te would be your least preferred functions. Although you apparently haven't taken a function stacking test, I predict Fi followed by Ti would be at the top of your scores.

If Ni is in your tertiary, then this will give your personality a rather hippiesque aspect. In that part of you, you prefer to do your own thing, not follow social conventions, and you likely feel divided between social obedience and personal needs for self-expression. If, as you say, you've been looping for a long time, then your personality is characterized by internal conflict. When Ni tries to express itself, the needs of others come second for it. And as you stated, helping others comes first. With Se as auxiliary you will face a similar conflict. But it will be expressed as a need to let go of commitments and "let your hair down" in some way or other.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As inherently conflicted, your way of life has become that of the compliant ("moving towards") person.
Karen Horney’s Three Trends (Moving Towards, Against, Away From) and the Enneagram Styles

Compliance, a sense of duty, and wanting to feel accepted are traits born out of internal conflict. Riso's description of the type 6 is good at describing the Compliant type of person. Wanting to "disappear" into another, seeking merger with that individual, is a form of compliance seen with the type 9. People with this combination of types will say that they feel most relaxed with both a small group or a single individual that they feel comfortable with being around.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
As for this picture at the enneagramspectrum site:
horneys-three-trends.jpg

everybody should take it with a grain of salt. Things are more complicated than that. But it's not bad from a general perspective.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I think it comes down to your ISFP trait preference for artisanship over the artistic. Low Te and Fe on my exam points to a high preference for Fi and Ti, whatever your high scores on it may be. And you did state that Fe and Te would be your least preferred functions. Although you apparently haven't taken a function stacking test, I predict Fi followed by Ti would be at the top of your scores.

If Ni is in your tertiary, then this will give your personality a rather hippiesque aspect. In that part of you, you prefer to do your own thing, not follow social conventions, and you likely feel divided between social obedience and personal needs for self-expression. If, as you say, you've been looping for a long time, then your personality is characterized by internal conflict. When Ni tries to express itself, the needs of others come second for it. And as you stated, helping others comes first. With Se as auxiliary you will face a similar conflict. But it will be expressed as a need to let go of commitments and "let your hair down" in some way or other.

Similar Minds Fx Test:
Fi = 90%
Se = 75%
Ne = 65%
Ni = 45%
Ti = 35%
Fe = 30%
Te = 15%
Si = 10%

This was taken this past September

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Similar Minds Fx Test:
Fi = 90%
Se = 75%
Ne = 65%
Ni = 45%
Ti = 35%
Fe = 30%
Te = 15%
Si = 10%

This was taken this past September

Two months ago? I doubt that the scores would change very much in two months, but they might. I've taken that test over periods of time and scored higher and then lower on Fi. It has a lot to do with whatever's going on in my life at the moment.

Your INTP and ISTP scores on my exam were somewhere in the middle, along with ISFP.

You write in a Ti sort of "tense" a lot.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

I prefer not to be a sheep...yes. But I feel compelled to blend in to avoid ridicule. I was bullied significantly from middle-school - high-school. For instance...I think it's cool that people dye their hair fun colors, but that would be anxiety producing for me to do that. Seeing the look of disdain on someone's face injures my self-esteem considerably.

I used to almost never break the rules if I absolutely couldn't get away with it for fear of being caught...and I would feel really bad about being dishonest and deceitful with someone I love (like my mom), with other authority figures I just complied to stay out of trouble.

I care a lot about what people think of me, which is why my INFP ex thinks I use Fe. But she misunderstands my reasoning. I don't do it because I have this compulsion to comply with social norms....I do it because it would make me feel bad if people judge me, and I avoid that at all costs.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You write in a Ti sort of "tense" a lot.

Yeah..I get that quite a bit. When I first started doing personality typing, I went on Personality Cafe and posted a couple of times, and people thought I was ENTP, or INTP... But I definitely am not an Ne/Si user.... that at least I can easily see.

I also am massively insecure about my intelligence, and so I'm always trying to compensate it feels like.... I would be scared to go head to head with someone and compete with them on intelligence if they KNEW I was competing...so that's why I do it covertly. That way if I fail, the only person who knows is me.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah..I get that quite a bit. When I first started doing personality typing, I went on Personality Cafe and posted a couple of times, and people thought I was ENTP, or INTP... But I definitely am not an Ne/Si user.... that at least I can easily see.

I also am massively insecure about my intelligence, and so I'm always trying to compensate it feels like.... I would be scared to go head to head with someone and compete with them on intelligence if they KNEW I was competing...so that's why I do it covertly. That way if I fail, the only person who knows is me.

Ne and Si are irrational and even aggressive types. You show all the signs of being a rational type, whether it's Ti or Fi. It sounds like Ti comes forward as needed by circumstances.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If, as you say, you've been looping for a long time, then your personality is characterized by internal conflict. When Ni tries to express itself, the needs of others come second for it. And as you stated, helping others comes first. With Se as auxiliary you will face a similar conflict. But it will be expressed as a need to let go of commitments and "let your hair down" in some way or other.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand this part.

I know I have the internal conflict of wanting to let loose and be uninhibited....but I can't. I can drink a ton of alcohol and still not get out on the dance floor... but at home, I'll dance without abandon. I come off way more serious and compliant than I actually am. I'll comply with authority, but at the same time, in my head I'll be saying "f*** you, I'll do what I want." Leads to a lot of resentment and anger with myself for not being able to say what I really think.

This is also why the INFP ex refuses to believe I'm ISFP. She doesn't see Se because I'm not very active, and I'm very compliant. Makes me look like an FJ.

In reality, I think I project more of an NT outward persona, but I'm an artisan inside. No one sees that hidden side of me though. I'm too afraid to let it out. :(

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It sounds like Ti comes forward as needed by circumstances.

Yeah...I feel like I alternate between Fi or Ti mode depending on the circumstances. My mind can work like a machine and I can fix things and I'm not even sure how I do that.... and I don't think in a linear fashion. I go from A to Z and it's so painful to try to have to explain how A is related to Z when people don't get it.

And on a logic test, I scored a little less than the 2 INTP's I know...and a couple points higher than the INFP.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand this part.

I know I have the internal conflict of wanting to let loose and be uninhibited....but I can't. I can drink a ton of alcohol and still not get out on the dance floor... but at home, I'll dance without abandon. I come off way more serious and compliant than I actually am. I'll comply with authority, but at the same time, in my head I'll be saying "f*** you, I'll do what I want." Leads to a lot of resentment and anger with myself for not being able to say what I really think.

This is also why the INFP ex refuses to believe I'm ISFP. She doesn't see Se because I'm not very active, and I'm very compliant. Makes me look like an FJ.

In reality, I think I project more of an NT outward persona, but I'm an artisan inside. No one sees that hidden side of me though. I'm too afraid to let it out. :(

Or INFJ is the outward persona as you said above. I don't really see it except as being the highest score on the exam you took. INFJ has tertiary Ti and uses it to good effect, although the use of logic is really lacking. It's more of a means of justifying ideas that are held dogmatically. Ti tertiary is often used in ad hoc ways to support a conclusion previously drawn.

I identify with your Ti side in terms of the efficiency you use at work. I always called it 'Making a science out of' something. Even if I'm washing dishes, I'll make a science out of it like some kind of super-efficient robot. In terms of the ANSIR system, your Working type is likely to be Sage, same as mine.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah...I feel like I alternate between Fi or Ti mode depending on the circumstances. My mind can work like a machine and I can fix things and I'm not even sure how I do that.... and I don't think in a linear fashion. I go from A to Z and it's so painful to try to have to explain how A is related to Z when people don't get it.

And on a logic test, I scored a little less than the 2 INTP's I know...and a couple points higher than the INFP.

Thinking in a non-linear fashion is related to intuition.

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thinking in a non-linear fashion is related to intuition.

The strong starburst pattern on the EEG is correlated with Intuitive dominants...so I think at least in my case, I've been able to use my Ni to learn better than other ISP's typically do. Probably why my main competitors in college were the NTJ's ;) ****I think what I mean when I say learn "better" I mean that I do not have to have "hands-on" methods to learn, and I can learn intuitively, seeing the picture of the concept in my mind.

Antonia D. from Personality Hacker said when she was initially typing me that I had a Ti-Dom voice. And I try to be very careful and search for the exact and best word that conveys the meaning I am intending. She said my vocal tonality confused her quite a bit. But at the end of the interview, when I was crying after explaining that I can see the beauty in situations that other people typically cannot, she was like, "Yep, you're not an INTP", lol....

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The strong starburst pattern on the EEG is correlated with Intuitive dominants...so I think at least in my case, I've been able to use my Ni to learn better than other ISP's typically do. Probably why my main competitors in college were the NTJ's ;) ****I think what I mean when I say learn "better" I mean that I do not have to have "hands-on" methods to learn, and I can learn intuitively, seeing the picture of the concept in my mind.

Antonia D. from Personality Hacker said when she was initially typing me that I had a Ti-Dom voice. And I try to be very careful and search for the exact and best word that conveys the meaning I am intending. She said my vocal tonality confused her quite a bit. But at the end of the interview, when I was crying after explaining that I can see the beauty in situations that other people typically cannot, she was like, "Yep, you're not an INTP", lol....

Ti-dominants will speak very quickly, so rapidly that you can barely understand what they are saying, and toss in a lot of obscure jargon.

Ni-dominants speak slowly and carefully because they edit and re-edit what they are going to say before they say it. This helps them avoid speaker's remorse, a problem that introverts suffer from.

Si-dominants speak slowly so that they don't have to repeat themselves, and prefer that you look them in the eyes while they speak.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
But at the end of the interview, when I was crying after explaining that I can see the beauty in situations that other people typically cannot, she was like, "Yep, you're not an INTP", lol....

What situations?

Xena

MBTI Type
TeNi
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I hate crying in front of people, or being overly dramatic, so one of the most memorable occasions was when my daughter was graduating from preschool. Situations like that already make me a little emotional, but I try my best to keep it in. Well i was a single mom, working full-time and going to school f/t with almost no help from family. It was killing me, but I did it for my kids....to give them a better life.

So when my 4 yr old got on stage with her graduation cap and gown, the slide projector showed what she wanted to be when she grew up. I thought for sure it would say "writer" because she's loved writing and making books since she was 3. When I saw it say "Medical lab scientist" (which is what I was in college for) I became overwhelmed with emotion and couldn't keep it in. The camera started to shake and I became a mess. I had to leave the auditorium because it was embarrassing.... the director came by and asked me if I was okay, lol.

I cried the other night on the way home from work when I saw someone swerve to avoid hitting an animal. It was beautiful how life wants to preserve life... we hold it so precious.

Seeing those Russian dash cams where they get out of their car and help old people cross the road will make me start bawling....

I saw a couple people come to a stop at a red-light, on the left was a lady in an SUV and she had a dog that was hanging it's head out the window. On the right was a guy on a motorcycle with his daughter on the back. When they all stopped, the dad and the girl looked over at the dog, who was very interested in the people on the bike. The lady in the car was smiling at the happiness her dog was bringing other people. And the dad/daughter were smiling because the dog made them happy. To see the joy that this one animal can give to people, and connect people that are strangers, is incredibly beautiful to me.

Actually...writing this post and thinking about those things all over again made me cry. :boohoo:

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I hate crying in front of people, or being overly dramatic, so one of the most memorable occasions was when my daughter was graduating from preschool. Situations like that already make me a little emotional, but I try my best to keep it in. Well i was a single mom, working full-time and going to school f/t with almost no help from family. It was killing me, but I did it for my kids....to give them a better life.

So when my 4 yr old got on stage with her graduation cap and gown, the slide projector showed what she wanted to be when she grew up. I thought for sure it would say "writer" because she's loved writing and making books since she was 3. When I saw it say "Medical lab scientist" (which is what I was in college for) I became overwhelmed with emotion and couldn't keep it in. The camera started to shake and I became a mess. I had to leave the auditorium because it was embarrassing.... the director came by and asked me if I was okay, lol.

I cried the other night on the way home from work when I saw someone swerve to avoid hitting an animal. It was beautiful how life wants to preserve life... we hold it so precious.

Seeing those Russian dash cams where they get out of their car and help old people cross the road will make me start bawling....

Actually...writing this post and thinking about those things all over again made me cry. ;)

To see the beauty in things that others can't - That's INFJ all over the place. I wanted to know what things though because it makes a difference. Some types can see the beauty in a mathematical equation. What you are indicating is a beautiful expression in subjective, human experience, not in dry mathematical terms as with an INTJ. You are seeing things that others can't see - possibly Si but you don't like Si at all. And INFJ was very high up there on my test, while you've also stated that you appear as an INFJ to others.

How many tests have I seen with an INFJ who states they have weak Fe?

A few, but they're so common that it stands out in my mind as an INFJ trait.

INFJ self-sacrifice is indicated in your statement regarding your children's future lives. Devotion is a strong trait with the INFJ. The INFP, I have seen many times, doesn't even want to be burdened with all that due to loss of freedom.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ni-Fe interaction : infj

erisanuINFJ 36f 6 points 2 years ago
But if I'm an INFJ...How could I be an Ni-Fe and not see Fe use all this time(since it seems to be so obvious in most Fe doms and auxes)? Is there evidence for muted Fe use in INFJs?
Muted, stifled, smothered, repressed, locked down and buried... there is certainly evidence (at least an abundance of anecdotal evidence, anyway) of INFJ's whose Fe is undeveloped, underutilized, or just outright ignored in formative years, leading to problems as they age and mature.
How could I be an Ni-Fe and not see Fe use all this time
Not "seeing" it is possibly key. You could be an INFJ who doesn't know how to recognize what Fe use actually is, and as such feel like you've been living without it all along, when in fact it's a part of everything you do in rather diluted and diffuse subconscious ways.
Myself and several INFJ's I've met tested as INTJ for most of our teens and into adulthood. The common theme for us was being raised in environments which where either heavily dismissive of or actively antagonistic toward emotional expression, usually owing to some kind of emotional immaturity or impatience on the part of the guardians/parents or just enough turbulence and trauma that we didn't feel safe. We were emotionally expressive kids who at some point learned that being emotionally expressive was bad, or weak, or shameful, or just caused problems for us.
An INFJ who isn't brought up learning to use Fe healthily will often display behaviors that can indicate the imbalance they're suffering. Things like insecurity & anxiety, depressive isolation, anger management issues, or emotional communication issues have been shown (ime) to be resolvable with enough effort made to develop Fe.
The most difficult part is figuring out how to even recognize your Fe and how you use it. For myself as example, my Fe was so base and immature (and such a wet-wired part of my personality) that I didn't even realize it was something I did reflexively until I'd spent enough time living with a strong Fi-type to see the contrast. It was like a fish learning to recognize water...