• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Think I'm Gonna Puke

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yah...I actually hesitated writing that when I recalled what the Fe descriptions read like as well...but I did think it would be better than the SFJ descriptions which I'm waiting for [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] to single-handedly rewrite for the entire world.

I think it's probably most effective, when someone is trying to figure out if they're J or P, to consider introverted perception vs. introverted judgment. There are certain things that make Ji types feel like their Je counterparts are stepping on their toes and vice versa. I think what a lot of people are seeing in CP is introverted perception touchiness over and above introverted judging touchiness- yet I don't think I've actually seen anyone point out clear examples. If I have time later, maybe I'll try to find some.

*******​

This thing about 'being on time'- I personally don't think that's a J thing. Or at least, not one that I'm stringent about. I have a very strange relationship to time myself and people who've known me a long time have commented on it- Z Buck time is approx 20 minutes different from everyone else (sometimes ahead of, sometimes behind- or sometimes I'm present, but I'm not present mentally until 20 minutes later, etc). Instead I'd say (INF) J manifests for me in absolutely hating strong emotional surprises. If someone doesn't think much of/doesn't know to be careful about springing big emotional surprises on me (which is to say, doing something that will cause some tremendous emotional spike- ESPECIALLY if it's done publicly), I hold them at as much of a distance as possible. I don't trust anyone until enough experience of them has built up that I can be relatively certain their means of interacting with the world are compatible with my own and there won't be any nasty surprises. It isn't punishment per se, it's simply that I need to be able to function and I need to block information that might interfere with my ability to function well. It takes a long time for me to get over nasty surprises. (And by "nasty surprises", I just mean surprises that have a nasty effect on me- not surprises that caused by nasty intentions.)

But anyway, a lot of the more idealistic things in that long previous post CP made (needing to be seen over needing to be liked, for one- the things with a deeply humanistic/idealistic streak....I'm not saying Ss don't go there, but Ns tend to be systematically distracted by those things)- that's the kind of thing that makes me lean towards ENFJ more than ESFJ. I don't see anything in that long post that contradicts what my experience of ENFJs is, in spite of the fact that it goes against most Fe descriptions and sounds Fi 'on paper'.

I still say the best way to determine 'type' is to just keep interacting with people who know their type and sooner or later I'd imagine patterns will emerge of likemindedness. It seems like whenever people try to determine type by finding which description fits the best, it usually doesn't stick in any enduring way.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I think it's probably most effective, when someone is trying to figure out if they're J or P, to consider introverted perception vs. introverted judgment. There are certain things that make Ji types feel like their Je counterparts are stepping on their toes and vice versa. I think what a lot of people are seeing in CP is introverted perception touchiness over and above introverted judging touchiness- yet I don't think I've actually seen anyone point out clear examples. If I have time later, maybe I'll try to find some.

*******​

This thing about 'being on time'- I personally don't think that's a J thing. Or at least, not one that I'm stringent about. I have a very strange relationship to time myself and people who've known me a long time have commented on it- Z Buck time is approx 20 minutes different from everyone else (sometimes ahead of, sometimes behind- or sometimes I'm present, but I'm not present mentally until 20 minutes later, etc). Instead I'd say (INF) J manifests for me in absolutely hating strong emotional surprises. If someone doesn't think much of/doesn't know to be careful about springing big emotional surprises on me (which is to say, doing something that will cause some tremendous emotional spike- ESPECIALLY if it's done publicly), I hold them at as much of a distance as possible. I don't trust anyone until enough experience of them has built up that I can be relatively certain their means of interacting with the world are compatible with my own and there won't be any nasty surprises. It isn't punishment per se, it's simply that I need to be able to function and I need to block information that might interfere with my ability to function well. It takes a long time for me to get over nasty surprises. (And by "nasty surprises", I just mean surprises that have a nasty effect on me- not surprises that caused by nasty intentions.)

But anyway, a lot of the more idealistic things in that long previous post CP made (needing to be seen over needing to be liked, for one- the things with a deeply humanistic/idealistic streak....I'm not saying Ss don't go there, but Ns tend to be systematically distracted by those things)- that's the kind of thing that makes me lean towards ENFJ more than ESFJ. I don't see anything in that long post that contradicts what my experience of ENFJs is, in spite of the fact that it goes against most Fe descriptions and sounds Fi 'on paper'.

I still say the best way to determine 'type' is to just keep interacting with people who know their type and sooner or later I'd imagine patterns will emerge of likemindedness. It seems like whenever people try to determine type by finding which description fits the best, it usually doesn't stick in any enduring way.

I want to echo and agree with you re time management. I think generally, J's are better than P's, and J's are more often on time than P's. BUT. Definitely not a hard and fast line. For ex, I recall once [MENTION=10714]Qlip[/MENTION] said he is someone who is on time. I will say, certain breeds of NJ can be ridiculously bad at being on time, and really scattered. High N ones I think. (I have an INFJ friend who is notoriously scattered and late, I really don't get it, for the life of me. :laugh: I have decided she just really has no conception at all in terms of driving, orientation, how long things actually take, how long it takes her to do things, etc. It boggles my mind, lol, because she's so bright! And insanely organized in terms of her house, making spreadsheets, on top of finances, etc. And she definitely plans her social calendar. But time? Forget it. haha. (I'm the opposite, I'm super good at time management but I don't do nearly the research on stuff she does, I don't file or organize papers, I don't have much of a social calendar to speak of, and so on)
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION], I still think you are so attentive and I want to say proactive in engaging people and attending to threads, being sure to acknowledge everyone and pull lots of people in, that seems Fe to me. As I said earlier in this thread, I don't really have a vested interest or super strong inclination about your type, but you seem pretty Fe to me, in a positive healthy way.

Also, you're awfully nice. ;) I haven't seen you get or be nearly as prickly and cold as I'm apt to get on the forum if I am annoyed or if I simply bypass niceties. I can be awfully blunt. Which I think can be an Fi thing.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
My mind is going between INFP and ENFJ for you, [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION].
[MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] and I talked about your functions before and he agrees to you being an ENFJ, on account of your post on one of his threads about enjoying nature; he said that the way you described having fun in nature sounded like tert-Se rather than inferior-Se. What do you think?

Post #107 :hug:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I have a bit of a 'typology headache' so want to read over everything again and am pondering it all.

Will come back once I have done that.

{Sidepoint: I have previously typed as 2 and 5 enneagram before. Then, my Aunt made an appointment for me last year with an Enneagram Practitioner. The questions were probing and exhaustive. Also, my Aunt who knows me well was present. I am not saying my enneagram is certain or written in stone! Just that I would require quality evidence to change it. I do not think I am a 6. My Mom and 2 close friend's are 6's and I don't share the way they process anxiety at all. I might be closer to a CP 6 but have followed [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION]'s excellent thread on that subject and didn't see myself in it}.

[MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] One thing I am thinking is that my Mom is an ENFJ and we are very close. I think we understand each other well. It's true we are different in enneagram. But, I also find our general social approach to life and how we process information, very different. Please don't take this to mean my mind is closed to your suggestion. I am only "testing it" to see if it can withstand fire.

Also this:

I spend a lot of time in inside my mind. Ni really plays a role here as well. But I am most alive and in the flow state when I am interacting with others....

is not a truth for me.

enfj is an interesting theory but if she was one i doubt she would be saying that she lives internally. of the two fe dom types, enfjs push the hardest in the external world. they tend to be very outwardly present with the added 'kick' that se brings to the table.

furthermore, she seems more process driven than outcome driven.
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] , this isn't mbti, but i'd be interested to hear what your top 4 scores are on this test: HelloQuizzy.com: The Socionics Test

Took it 3 times at varying states of energy and results were consistent. The 4 types were almost equal in percentage, varying by a few points here and there. So, in no particular order:

IEI
SEI
ILE
LII

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
[MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] One thing I am thinking is that my Mom is an ENFJ and we are very close. I think we understand each other well. It's true we are different in enneagram. But, I also find our general social approach to life and how we process information, very different. Please don't take this to mean my mind is closed to your suggestion. I am only "testing it" to see if it can withstand fire.

Also this:

is not a truth for me.

It took me a long time to understand that. A lot of struggle to understand myself.

The difference between my INFJ sis and me is that she is far deeper thinker and a far slower thinker and talker She is clearly introverted as well.

ChocolateMoose123

Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
[MENTION=23583]Yamato Nadeshiko[/MENTION] [MENTION=17131]Chanaynay[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=4945]EJCC[/MENTION] [MENTION=9811]Coriolis[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION]

I take what you offered in the Mistyped thread to heart. I have perused the Si thread and some others and decided I am going to be forthright in 'opening myself up a bit more'. It's really difficult and I almost bailed completely but I really do want to seek accurate understanding when I visit here. Posting here cuz don't want to dominate the "mistyped" thread.

[MENTION=26674]theforsaken[/MENTION] [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] [MENTION=7111]fidelia[/MENTION] [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION] would you guys also weigh in, if you wish? And everyone even if I didn't "mention" you of course...

I am a bit tired so am sure I am forgetting people who excel at this kind of thing or know me better. Yeah, I am already thinking of others I hope will drop by :thinking:

I have done it in point form and maybe you will be able to assign functions, tell me if things are not type related etc...

I have tried to be transparent and talk about things I don't easily reveal or to do with when I am under stress or at fault. I feel like I identify with many types but it's usually my stressors and faults that help me to clarify.

- Feel emotions deeply but sometimes so deeply that have trouble referencing them at any accessible level. Have great difficulty understanding or putting words to my own emotions but understand other’s immediately. Empathy to point that I almost share the other person’s experience. Not feeling what they do but being able to imagine it. Almost always know right thing to do in social settings. So, when I fail it feels huge and I am very hard on myself. Huge sense of justice and fair play. I will always choose justice cuz it encapsulates mercy within it.

- Access emotions more easily through watching movies or listening to music. The emotion expressed there serves as a conduit to help me understand what I feel.

-Learnt to play-write, wrote & produced play. Finished. Learnt basic phrasing of language. Done. Will be obsessively interested in something till switch flips, and I move on to explore next thing.

-Love trying new things. Not overly sentimental and like throwing things out regularly. Like making new personal traditions as opposed to observing established ones.

-Not a worrier. Believe worrying is ‘borrowing trouble’. Have inherent optimism that everything ultimately works out and provides learning opportunities. If do feel anxious, ask self what worse logical outcome could be, ponder it and then move on feeling unencumbered.

- However, this can make me nervous of people who are anxious and I will sometimes try to “solve the problem” and accidentally make them feel they are needlessly worrying when it actually is important to them.

- Humane and altruistic but not primarily motivated by interest in other person. I do care but first motivation for me is doing what I perceive I SHOULD do to fulfill standard set for myself. I volunteer ect. because I think it is the right thing for me to do and then only secondly, for unselfish reasons.

- I don’t expect the same of other’s or even really care if they aren’t interested in those things. I might think about how the world would be better if we all did certain things, but ultimately I know everyone has do what is right for them personally and set individual priorities. I only truly care if I am living up to my vision for myself. So that I can like myself and be content. Standards for myself are probably a bit ridiculous, so is fault but also has led to extraordinary life?

- Intensely private in some ways. Would rather take pic than be in one or even share a pic = feels like person still ‘has me’ even when I am not there. Will share generic art have made but rare to share truly personal art. Easy to perform (sing, dance) in front of crowd but very hard to do one-on-one unless I trust that person implicitly.

- But, in other ways not so private. No problem skinny dipping or being very physically expressive. Naturally affectionate. Will easily and freely share info I don’t consider as “truly mattering”.

- I like to rally people for things I believe in, get the ball rolling and leave. Will delegate team to handle things and move on to the next thing I am interested in - occasionally checking back in to make sure things are on track - and that everyone feels heard. Because I care, but also because I desire success and change.

- Hate small talk. To point that will wait and watch until can leave social occasion un-noticed and slip out. Unless can find even one good conversational partner, then the event is redeemed.

- Like living alone, choose to work alone.

- Don't care much about authority like government or community. Left home at 16 and Dad disowned me over a difference I would not give in to (we are close now :p). Don't care for rules or schedules. Obedience is relative to: if I believe in/agree with authority. I decide what I believe in, regardless of what the rest of the world decides to do.

- Was victim {am victor} of violent crime and waited years before even mentioning it to one other person. Most of what I think matters: stays inside me. Very occasionally I trust someone to be a hearing ear or see all the different sides of me.

- Have huge social network but schedule that part of my life largely as obligation. Steals energy. Happiest alone or with one or a few loved ones. Times when full house or being at a party also thrills me. But, trying to stick to what is inherently natural...

-Will ‘test’ a person if want to know them more intimately. Difficulty trusting initially. Once I feel comfortable - my undying loyalty is “set” - unless there is a HUGE violation.

-Prefer: "leave morals of the world alone and worry more about your own" philosophy.

-Care less about people liking or approving of me and MORE about them accurately perceiving who I am. Want them to know or understand me. Then, liking me is a bonus. Because unless I feel they "get" me I won't accept their compliments or believe their approval is accurate anyway. So, this can make me seem impersonal & somewhat removed from true intimacy.

- Hate closed ends. Nothing is written in stone and major beliefs may be revised tomorrow. Endless possibilities and want to try them all (new restaurants, new ways of using the body, new ways of looking at things, new paths etc). Figure out how everything forms to make a big picture. But, always looking at the big picture view first and smaller details secondary. Both important!

- Love changing and believe it’s essential, as long as my core stays true. Believe most conclusions or judgments probably benefit from amending.

- I like to know exactly where I am on a road. But, if the end of the road is uncertain, that is ok. Don't believe in emotional closure so much as acceptance and processing that leads to different levels of contentment.

- Cautious about declaring things ‘ideal’ or the ‘best’ or the ‘embodiment’ or ‘standard’. Every time I use the word favourite or any other superlative it feels a bit uncomfortable because I know there are probably other options and don’t like to ‘close a case’ or not leave ‘room open’.

- Often more comfortable in social settings with strangers than with people I know or even like.

- I don’t like the sensation of feeling needed or relied on. I WILL be there, willingly and mightily but I find it stifling if I feel it’s expected. I like friendship that is no obligation. See ya when I see ya and we’ll pick up just like the last time we had a great time together. If I sense the person has expectations of me, I may disappear. (To my and other's chagrin) I am not the type of friend that talks to you or sees you every day. The only exception in this regard is a committed romantic relationship. I experience that differently.

- I am not perceived socially as quiet or introverted. But, I am hugely shy and introverted. It just is all inside my head. My eyes are big and expressive, my energy is positive and easy-going. In groups I am not quiet and can be very social and exuberant. But, if deep in thought or alone I am quiet and even stern looking. And, even in a crowd or conversation there is a part of me that is still a lone observer.

- Not dreamy (was when little) or absent-minded but do get tangled in multitude of thoughts. Love intense conversation. Prefer direct communication. Even if it hurts, I want to hear the truth. But, I will only be balls-to-wall honest with people I trust. So, I am a hypocrite in this sense.

- Want to think less about future and be more in the moment. Am idealistic but very interested in hard science, business practices… Romantic but in a pragmatic way. Value respectful team-work over flowers and poetry.

- Extremely playful (to fault at times :blush: ). Love to laugh. Literally worship clever, dry, off-color, word-based humor. Hugely creative in every aspect of life.

- When stressed tendency to withdraw, isolate, create art. Playful interaction, planning/trying new things or brainstorming debates will pull me out of it quickly. If dealing with it solo: setting goals and getting out are best things.

- Easy-tempered and easy to live with. But unless person can draw me out/read me they might never have a clue when I was actually upset and might wonder how much actually knew me.

- Like paying bills on time, making lists…because works for success in home/business. But, natural disposition more laid-back and disorganized. Prefer house to be lived in and peaceful then “perfectly kept”.

- Have used a chalkboard as a coffee table (games!), had my bed in the middle of the living room (great for watching movies!) Like decorating and living in ways that involve lateral thinking. Find people easily won over to things they initially think are strange & I care more about just doing the things that appeal to me.

- Even if recipe works perfectly one time, will change it the next. Prefer no recipe at all. Can’t stand doing things the same more than once unless there is VERY good reason. Even then, I am probably still thinking about how it could be done differently while retaining the efficiency.

- Next to living a life that holds integrity to who I am, I most value making meaningful connections. Which is ironic because I also hold back :shrug: But, the desire to make connections is stronger in the end then desire to keep to myself.

- Instead of teaching or raising children with ‘would’s’ and ‘should’s’ I like the idea of teaching them reason and logic and letting them ultimately choose what meld’s with their beliefs. Not letting the tail wag the dog - I believe in discipline but more letting them be who they were born to be, then fulfilling parental expectations.

- But, when taking care of children or animals I also have a tendency to observe them with amused or scientifically detached observation. Fascinated by seeing what they will do… Have to remind myself of responsibility first and learning/entertainment value second.

- I don’t have many ‘deal breakers’ but if someone continues to question or argue with a CORE belief I hold and is disparaging or persistently close-minded, that may lead to a breakdown in communication. Prefer kind and calm communications even in conflict.

- Continue to receive feedback that am exceptionally easy to get along with but 1) can make people feel they have to meet a certain standard and 2) people wish they had more access to me and I would share or rely on them more (sigh).

- Because my background is in marketing and journalism I can appear more probing and external than my natural disposition or what feels most comfortable. Being a teacher also has a bearing on this. Because I am a writer I have had revising and editing drilled into me. I think this is why my posts seem focused. It's rare they are '1st draft'.

My mom is an ISTJ and a lot of what you say is reminiscent of Si or Fi. Have you already discussed ISFJ as a type? If so, if you point me in the right direction (post#) or gist, I'll be glad to check it out then come back to it or let me know why it's a no or maybe.

They have Si and Fe. I need to do more research into that type. But the two I know IRL, one looks xNFP and the other looks xSTJ from the outside.

Starry

enfj is an interesting theory but if she was one i doubt she would be saying that she lives internally. of the two fe dom types, enfjs push the hardest in the external world. they tend to be very outwardly present with the added 'kick' that se brings to the table.

furthermore, she seems more process driven than outcome driven.
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] , this isn't mbti, but i'd be interested to hear what your top 4 scores are on this test: HelloQuizzy.com: The Socionics Test

Do you put a good deal of faith into the results of this test Floki? I don't know crap about socionics and every time I encounter it it seems I start to trust it less and less. Still, I've never not scored IEI. On this test...these results are so weird...

In descending order...

LII
ILI
IEI
SEI

Just wanted to say wow and give Cloudpatrol something to compare her results to.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
[MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION], I am betting all the money in my bank account and the money I am going to make for the rest of this summer on this: you are an FJ! The Fe what you've just written is extremely obvious to me, and also how you interact on here. The focus on influencing others, making everyone feel cared for, etc. I am not sure which FJ yet. I'm leaning away from INFJ just because Ni-dominance is not obvious to me. You could quite possibly be an ExFJ. I know you say you show introverted characteristics, but every human being is balanced. Socially you are probably an even ambivert. But in terms of cognitive functions and in how you think (according to how you've described it), you might be an extrovert. Your Ti influence is also evident. So, I would consider being an Fe-dom.

One thing particularly stuck out to me:

Not a worrier. Believe worrying is ‘borrowing trouble’. Have inherent optimism that everything ultimately works out and provides learning opportunities. If do feel anxious, ask self what worse logical outcome could be, ponder it and then move on feeling unencumbered.

Maybe it's just me, but does this not sound like a 4 at all. This seems like a positive outlook triad type, most likely 2, taking into account other things you've said here.

I think...for now, I'm going to go with ExFJ 2w1.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Buckle In!

Confession:

I could tell since this thread started that I was being somewhat ridiculous :p

And, was frustrated because I didn’t understand.

Having my type questioned seemed to provoke an inner defence or stress reaction. I questioned: was it to do with having my identity discussed/questioned publicly? Like people tramping on sacred core ground?

I hoped not because I have always felt I truly appreciate change & feedback. Also, I KNEW it was a voluntary process. I could choose whether to accept the theories proffered or not :shrug:

I wasn’t upset when my type changed years ago. So, why the resistance to having this open conversation NOW?

I owe [MENTION=22257]Floki[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] a debt of gratitude because it was their respective message and posts that turned this thing around for me.
The post from Fetus made me laugh with genuine enjoyment and I suddenly realized “oh, this can actually be FUN”! FLoki reminded me of: the science at play & life priorities.

As soon as I read the post from Fetus and started to take JOY in the process = clarity came.

I was resisting changing, because my husband knew me as an INFP.

As soon as the realization popped into my brain, I recognized it’s folly.

I still made myself take a moment to FEEL it through, and then took a step forward. Mister M would have been disappointed at the thought I would ever ‘stagnate’ for his sake & would have gotten a kick out of this thread. I think he’d have been pleasantly surprised that people on a forum cared enough to consider my person so thoughtfully.

I apologize for having been a bit of a child about this and am ready to explore with glee and a purely open mind.

You are all making inroads. Combined with the auxiliary reading I have been doing: I think it’s likely I will change my type at the end of this :thinking:

{OR I will end up betting against you Fetus (laughs)}

For now, I am not going to say which way I am leaning - but will enthusiastically welcome new arguments - & re-visit your previous ones.

:blush: Cat

Tater

Do you put a good deal of faith into the results of this test Floki? I don't know crap about socionics and every time I encounter it it seems I start to trust it less and less. Still, I've never not scored IEI. On this test...these results are so weird...

In descending order...

LII
ILI
IEI
SEI

Just wanted to say wow and give Cloudpatrol something to compare her results to.

i think, generally speaking, neither socionics nor mbti have full scientific veracity.

however, socionics was developed with more empirical meat, whereas mbti was built largely for business purposes.

socionics theories offer more continuity, while mbti, temperament theories, and even newer studies may be compiled as more of a hodge-podge system.

since both theories had the same root in jcf, i think they can be roughly intersected for the sake of expedience. eg. you can, at times, refer to their parts as if they are one in the same.

however, at the end of the day, they are not. socionics bares a greater relationship to the functions, which can be roughly traced through distinctive traits. on the other hand, mbti holds more of a relationship to its profiles.

therefore, one could feasibly be type a in one system and type b in another.

i personally like that test. i don't go off of vibes. the traits outlined by reinin and the mathematics work for me as close enough to the essence of personality type, while also holding weight in the observable world.

it's not infallible, but if you get type a in your top 4, and type a's 'dual', it leads me to consider you as a candidate for one of those types. reinin traits considered.

Starry

i think, generally speaking, neither socionics nor mbti have full scientific veracity.

however, socionics was developed with more empirical meat, whereas mbti was built largely for business purposes.

socionics theories offer more continuity, while mbti, temperament theories, and even newer studies may be compiled as more of a hodge-podge system.

since both theories had the same root in jcf, i think they can be roughly intersected for the sake of expedience. eg. you can, at times, refer to their parts as if they are one in the same.

however, at the end of the day, they are not. socionics bares a greater relationship to the functions, which can be roughly traced through distinctive traits. on the other hand, mbti holds more of a relationship to its profiles.

therefore, one could feasibly be type a in one system and type b in another.

i personally like that test. i don't go off of vibes. the traits outlined by reinin and the mathematics work for me as close enough to the essence of personality type, while also holding weight in the observable world.

it's not infallible, but if you get type a in your top 4, and type a's 'dual', it leads me to consider you as a candidate for one of those types. reinin traits considered.

I didn't get A and A's dual did I? Is that because I'm in the Delta quadra? haha I'm totally kidding Floki.

I actually really appreciate this response. Thank you so much.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In descending order...

LII
ILI
IEI
SEI

I'll confess to "cheating" and thinking [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] is right on this and that the types in the two systems map onto each other. But socionics just provides an additional level of group dynamics depending on shared or different functions.

Which is a minority opinion but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Starry

I'll confess to "cheating" and thinking [MENTION=8413]Zarathustra[/MENTION] is right on this and that the types in the two systems map onto each other. But socionics just provides an additional level of group dynamics depending on shared or different functions.

Which is a minority opinion but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Having had a couple of offboard exchanges with Cloudpatrol I don't think she would mind if I hijack this thread for a brief moment just to ask...do those results make sense to you for me senza? I mean does that loosely translate to

INTP
INTJ
INFJ
ISFJ

For me?

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Having had a couple of offboard exchanges with Cloudpatrol I don't think she would mind if I hijack this thread for a brief moment just to ask...do those results make sense to you for me senza? I mean does that loosely translate to

INTP
INTJ
INFJ
ISFJ

For me?

No but tests aren't necessarily a good indication of type or a reflection on the system as I'm sure you already know.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

In descending order...

LII
ILI
IEI
SEI

I hear you, Starry. I personally decided just not to get invested in socionics - I'll stick to mbti, as mbti is enough craziness for me! In socionics, I'm no FiSe user, and am probably rather EII. Which is ironic, because I don't relate to the NeSi spectrum (as presented here on the forum / people typed that way on the forum) *at all* (nor do I think I am remotely similar to Ne users here on the forum) -- and yet, in socionics I'd be hard-pressed to be placed in anything else but Delta. Thus... I kind of ignore it, as it's not a value-add in my life. :laugh:

Starry

No but tests aren't necessarily a good indication of type or a reflection on the system as I'm sure you already know.

I just got home and it is so blazing hot to me in my house right now. I feel like I walked into an oven. And it smells funky in my sink area.

I'm not trying to dis on this test. If I can be something different in socionics than I am in MBTI ...what am I? Am I LII? Am I IEI? But don't worry about it...I think I'm with [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION]. Thanks though.

Starry

I hear you, Starry. I personally decided just not to get invested in socionics - I'll stick to mbti, as mbti is enough craziness for me! In socionics, I'm no FiSe user, and am probably rather EII. Which is ironic, because I don't relate to the NeSi spectrum (as presented here on the forum / people typed that way on the forum) *at all* (nor do I think I am remotely similar to Ne users here on the forum) -- and yet, in socionics I'd be hard-pressed to be placed in anything else but Delta. Thus... I kind of ignore it, as it's not a value-add in my life. :laugh:

It's important to me to be whatever [MENTION=10984]Azure Flame[/MENTION] hates haha :wink: which is ENFP and Delta.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Confession:

I could tell since this thread started that I was being somewhat ridiculous :p

And, was frustrated because I didn’t understand.

Having my type questioned seemed to provoke an inner defence or stress reaction. I questioned: was it to do with having my identity discussed/questioned publicly? Like people tramping on sacred core ground?

I hoped not because I have always felt I truly appreciate change & feedback. Also, I KNEW it was a voluntary process. I could choose whether to accept the theories proffered or not :shrug:

I wasn’t upset when my type changed years ago. So, why the resistance to having this open conversation NOW?

I owe [MENTION=22257]Floki[/MENTION] and [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] a debt of gratitude because it was their respective message and posts that turned this thing around for me.
The post from Fetus made me laugh with genuine enjoyment and I suddenly realized “oh, this can actually be FUN”! FLoki reminded me of: the science at play & life priorities.

As soon as I read the post from Fetus and started to take JOY in the process = clarity came.

I was resisting changing, because my husband knew me as an INFP.

As soon as the realization popped into my brain, I recognized it’s folly.

I still made myself take a moment to FEEL it through, and then took a step forward. Mister M would have been disappointed at the thought I would ever ‘stagnate’ for his sake & would have gotten a kick out of this thread. I think he’d have been pleasantly surprised that people on a forum cared enough to consider my person so thoughtfully.

I apologize for having been a bit of a child about this and am ready to explore with glee and a purely open mind.

You are all making inroads. Combined with the auxiliary reading I have been doing: I think it’s likely I will change my type at the end of this :thinking:

{OR I will end up betting against you Fetus (laughs)}

For now, I am not going to say which way I am leaning - but will enthusiastically welcome new arguments - & re-visit your previous ones.

:blush: Cat

:wubbie: :heart: Aw, I'm so glad I could help!

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
My mom is an ISTJ and a lot of what you say is reminiscent of Si or Fi. Have you already discussed ISFJ as a type? If so, if you point me in the right direction (post#) or gist, I'll be glad to check it out then come back to it or let me know why it's a no or maybe.

They have Si and Fe. I need to do more research into that type. But the two I know IRL, one looks xNFP and the other looks xSTJ from the outside.

Really? Neat. Yes there is a contingent who feel I am ISFJ.

This thread:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/what-s-my-type-/6961-mistyped-typecentral-621.html?highlight=mistyped

Starting at Post #6209

:bye: