• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

I Think I'm Gonna Puke

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Also, you're awfully nice. ;) I haven't seen you get or be nearly as prickly and cold as I'm apt to get on the forum if I am annoyed or if I simply bypass niceties. I can be awfully blunt. Which I think can be an Fi thing.

I'm not sure this is a Fi thing- I know I'm pretty quick to get prickly or cold. Another example coming to mind is [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]- granted, he is perhaps the most appropriately named member in all of typo c history, but I don't think it's that uncommon for FJs to get prickly/cold when someone is annoying. Or to bypass niceties, for that matter. Personally, niceties exhaust me, and if I see someone seems to need excessive amounts of niceties in interaction I generally need to somewhat avoid them. (Not that I think it's in any way 'wrong', it's just exhausting to me.)

I suspect I know what you're getting at though (or maybe not, who knows). I don't think whether someone has a nice/cheery disposition is particularly Fi or Fe, but it's like Fe is maybe actively nice and Fi is passively nice? That doesn't feel quite right to me either, but I'm not sure how to describe it.

Also, emphatic +1 to CP being awfully nice.

I was resisting changing, because my husband knew me as an INFP.

:cry:

Oh man, that's rough. :hug:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I'm not sure this is a Fi thing- I know I'm pretty quick to get prickly or cold. Another example coming to mind is [MENTION=20829]Hard[/MENTION]- granted, he is perhaps the most appropriately named member in all of typo c history, but I don't think it's that uncommon for FJs to get prickly/cold when someone is annoying. Or to bypass niceties, for that matter. Personally, niceties exhaust me, and if I see someone seems to need excessive amounts of niceties in interaction I generally need to somewhat avoid them. (Not that I think it's in any way 'wrong', it's just exhausting to me.)

I suspect I know what you're getting at though (or maybe not, who knows). I don't think whether someone has a nice/cheery disposition is particularly Fi or Fe, but it's like Fe is maybe actively nice and Fi is passively nice? That doesn't feel quite right to me either, but I'm not sure how to describe it.

Also, emphatic +1 to CP being awfully nice.

:cry:

Oh man, that's rough. :hug:

Thank you. For everything! I always value your ways of looking at things. HUG.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Spoiled UPDATE...

Currently the only thing I am certain of: is IXFX.

I still talk about having Fi etcetera but I personally believe that a lot of my function's are fairly evenly distributed. I have been obsessed with developing shadow functions for a while:

When I was in high school I got really into philosophy and motored through that section of the library. I eventually realized: many of the ‘learned experts’ contradicted one another. I’ve been reading about typing like a fiend & am quickly realizing there is ‘room for interpretation’ in these resources also. So, I’ve been looking for commonality and doing some in-the-field study too.

A friend I have had since I was 9 years old, was visiting this week :heart: She is an ISFJ and we also hung out a bit with another ISFJ friend of mine who lives here. It was great to pick both of their brain’s and compare notes on how we approach/process things. I will probably write about it in another thread. For now, I am thinking on all I observed & learnt.

I was with a group of friends tonight and we discussed 'this' animatedly. I had already eliminated “ENFJ” and that was heartily agreed upon by the group. I hadn’t known before that some friends had always perceived me as INFJ!? Most feel I am a strong “N” but there were a few who said it was entirely reasonable to entertain “S”.

{And a couple were angling for INTP (laughs). It is strange to me that everyone views me so differently!? It isn't that I act differently with different people because we all do things together!

ie. One girl friend said “You are like Drew Barrymore in “Ever After”. And, then a Guy friend said “No, she isn’t. She’s like Drew Barrymore when she was making the Charlie’s Angel’s movies. Then two other males I don't know as well yet, said they would NEVER choose Barrymore as an actress to compare me with??

When I think about who I am in the privacy of my home: I feel CERTAIN.

When I hear myself being discussed: I get a Typology headache :imok: and am left utterly perplexed.}

I am relatively certain that I am enneagram 4.

Here are a few things that really resonated when I went exhaustively through each ‘number’:

Both 2 and 5 have been suggested to me and I thought these points spoke nicely to that. I've bolded what I strongly identify with:

I am relatively certain I am sx/so. But, so/sx may be a possibility also. :shrug:

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
May I ask people more skilled in this than I am (off the top of my head [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION] [MENTION=22644]theforesaken [MENTION=11928]Kierva[/MENTION] [MENTION=25763]Enthusiastic_Dreamer[/MENTION] [MENTION=10082]Starry[/MENTION] [MENTION=14015]Urarienev[/MENTION] [MENTION=24479]themightyfetus[/MENTION] [MENTION=5223]MDP2525[/MENTION])to help interpret what this translates to?

3 - Accurate 2- Agree 1- Somewhat Agree

Section A:
1. I am very interested in solving complex issues and unraveling a tangle of contradictions. (1)
2. Thanks to my imagination and seeing different solutions to the problem, I quickly find a way out of difficult, complicated situations and troubles that seem hopeless to others. (2)
3. I love everything unusual, mysterious and enigmatic. (1)
4. I always consider the problem from an unexpected side. (1)
5. Completely new and unusual insights occur to me often and I try to convince others to see my point of view. (3)
6. I love to argue, as I instantly notice the weaknesses in interlocutor's statements (or reports, speeches, proposals, projects, works of art or machines and equipment) and I can find good counterarguments. (3)
7. I quickly discover imperfections/flaws of almost any person. (2)
8. I hardly tolerate being subordinate or given orders. (1)
9. I perfect myself, my abilities and skills, in order to increase the chances of achieving my goals quickly. (3)
10. I think and compare things a lot, noticing contradictions and inconsistencies. (2)

Section B:
1. I am prone to create beautiful/harmonious images in my mind. (1)
2. I'm very curious, I try to imagine various scenarios and often intuitively anticipate the consequences of any actions or changes; I believe in fate. (2)
3. My ideal is a life in an atmosphere of art, in beautiful surroundings, comfort and well-being; I would like to live in the last century or in the future. (1)
4. I could not work in a hospital, because I cannot stand the hospital environment (odour, the appearance of patients etc.). (1)
5. I like anything unusual, beautiful, informative, food for though: I love music, art, theater, books. (3)
6. My opinion of myself matters more than opinions of other people. (3)
7. I treat people with irony, but I don't humiliate them. (2)
8. I am internally inconsistent and unpredictable in my decisions. (1)
9. I need to engage in art, as it is a means of expression. (3)
10. I act in order to surround myself with beautiful things (harmony, elegance, aesthetics, works of art). (2)

Section C:
1. I am an impulsive person looking for trouble. (1)
2. At any moment I am ready to immediately respond to any attack against me and I love to answer the opponent with a crushing blow. (1)
3. When I am humiliated, I am hurt and I feel a strong desire to take revenge. (3)
4. I prefer struggle and difficulties to stagnation and monotony: I mobilise quickly, take control of the situation. I can be strong and steadfast, the victory should be mine. (3)
5. I can confidently coordinate actions of others, as well as sense weak points of every situation. (2)
6. I'm in my element during fights, arguments, rivalry, competition or war. (2)
7. I make active efforts against all that is not consistent with my feelings and views. (1)
8. I would like to be the first and break all records. (2)
9. I'm a risk taker, but if I have to, I can bring myself to the most severe self-discipline. (1)
10. My mind works better when someone opposes or resists me. (2)

Section D:
1. I willingly do work which is connected with the need to convince people, to raise their spirits, instruct, assign tasks, manage, give commands. (2)
2. I become more active during the work program that increases respect or sympathy that my associates give me. (2)
3. If I have to chastise people for mistakes or wrongdoing, I do it in a "fatherly" way (without anger and humiliation.) (3)
4. I like to participate in various public meetings where I can make an impression on others. (1)
5. I am attracted to flashy and noisy spectacles, like battle scenes, races, sports (hockey, football etc.). (2)
6. I love to take care of others and I'm willing to find solutions to their material, business, and physical problems, but I prefer to take care of myself on my own, because I know what I need. (3)
7. I prefer more earthly pleasures, which include: contact with nature, food, work, love, rest. (3)
8. I love to please others, to be the centre of attention, to infect people with optimism. (2)
9. I easily make impact on others, I can manage them flexibly and efficiently. (2)
10. I act diplomatically to earn a good reputation of credibility and to maintain high position. (2)

Section E:
1. I try to be a competent person. I do everything at my own pace and high quality and don't like hacks. (3)
2. I treat people harshly, but fair. (1)
3. I have an interest in various technologies and constantly improve my work to make sure of its high quality. (1)
4. I am rational in spending money, and I always save for unforeseen occasions. (2)
5. I find it difficult to accept other people's ways of working. I know better how to make it easier, better and more profitable. (2)
6. I see no reason in enthusiasm for things that don't bring material benefit. (1)
7. I am confident that I can overcome difficulties in my work and get the best results. (2)
8. I often have a passion for the work that decreases fatigue and leaves me in a good mood. (1)
9. I don't change my lifestyle even if people don't agree with it. (3)
10. I get the most pleasure from doing useful and necessary things. (2)

Section F:
1. I'm a mature and principled person, guided by logic and common sense, not feelings and moods. (1)
2. I love order, systems and sequences. (2)
3. I'm believed to be secretive and reserved, because I'm wary and distrustful towards people. (3)
4. I'm good at work that requires classification and systematisation. I'm able to work with figures, tables, graphs, I can clearly systematise accumulated information. (2)
5. I always know how to logically justify my conclusions and decisions. (2)
6. I love strict analysis. I can identify contradictions in arguments and reasoning of others. (1)
7. I like solving problems with the help of my knowledge, resulting in harmonious, consistent, orderly system. (3)
8. I love solving problems that require consistent, strictly logical approach. (2)
9. I can easily understand algebra. (1)
10. I am uncompromising in defending my views, intentions, plans and projects. (1)

Section G:
1. I'm a very emotional person, feelings mean so much to me that because of them I'm capable of great sacrifices. (2)
2. I'm an optimist and I hope for better future. (3)
3. My mood often changes and I can't help passing it on to others; I start and end arguments easily. (1)
4. I often perceive people and events in a romantic way. (2)
5. I love to share my experiences and make others respond to them. I can show how much I love and hate. (2)
6. I tend to see the world through pink-coloured glasses. (1)
7. I'm always interested in moods of others and I know how to influence people, make them experience certain emotions and feelings. (3)
8. I love daydreaming without any practical purpose. (3)
9. My mood is often characterised by swings between fear and hope. (3)
10. For the sake of peace of mind, an opportunity to find rest and dream, I'm willing to sacrifice a lot. (2)

Section H:
1. I prefer to make peace with people, avoid conflict and disputes. (3)
2. I easily/quickly to adapt to new conditions and requirements. (3)
3. I prefer to be a homebody. (2)
4. I would like to be able to rest whenever I want. (3)
5. I like to provide special assistance to people, to be useful, selfless and to please others. (2)
6. I can feel for people who experience failures and troubles as if they were my own. (3)
7. I agree that I'm a malleable person: I often yield to pressure of people and circumstances. (2)
8. Calm and not very hard/tiresome work suits me best. (1)
9. I'm trying to iron out misunderstandings, to reconcile opponents. (2)
10. I prefer to meet in private. (3)

Key:
A = Ne > 19
B = Ni > 19
C = Se > 18
D = Si > 22
E = Te > 18
F = Ti > 17
G = Fe > 22
H = Fi > 24

FI - SI/FE - NE/NI - TE/SE - TI

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Oh, [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] I am honored to be included in this list of skilled people. :heart: Unfortunately this is dealing with Socionics...which is certainly not something I'm acquainted with. I'm hoping to read more on Socionics so I can become more knowledgeable.

All I can say is that I did this test before and got Fi first and then Si-Fe. I'm not Socionics Fi. So don't rule out SEI/ESE types.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I am relatively certain I am sx/so. But, so/sx may be a possibility also. :shrug:

I like to challenge people on why they think they are a certain type. So, why?

(Perhaps when I have more energy I'll address some of the other stuff you've written in this post.)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
c813a5b9-2551-4822-a48f-0f30247c9756_zpstv7m71ia.png

SearchingforPeace

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

I would take that chart differently than suggested. I score very highly on Ne and Fi as well as Fe and Ni.

Te and Si are your lowest scores. That would indicate they are the bottom 2 of a 8 stack. Who doesn't use Te and Si? NFJs.

You show high use of intuition and feeling. The scores between introverted and extroverted directions are pretty close. As such, they best serve to indicate where in the stack they are.

It appears you roll FxNx then Se. Suggests, ENFJ.....

You could be a ISFP, of course, especially with that high Se.

ISFPs do use Te, though..... so it is less likely....

Just my take....

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I would take that chart differently than suggested. I score very highly on Ne and Fi as well as Fe and Ni.

Te and Si are your lowest scores. That would indicate they are the bottom 2 of a 8 stack. Who doesn't use Te and Si? NFJs.

You show high use of intuition and feeling. The scores between introverted and extroverted directions are pretty close. As such, they best serve to indicate where in the stack they are.

It appears you roll FxNx then Se. Suggests, ENFJ.....

You could be a ISFP, of course, especially with that high Se.

ISFPs do use Te, though..... so it is less likely....

Just my take....

No, I appreciate you weighing in.

I was still figuring out HOW to interpret. Was, why I posted.

Thanks for your feedback!

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My impression of you is ENFJ. I thought you self-typed as INFJ.
Didn't even know INFP was an option... but no, I don't see INFP.

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
My impression of you is ENFJ. I thought you self-typed as INFJ.
Didn't even know INFP was an option... but no, I don't see INFP.

Hi! Thanks for stopping in OA :)

Due to [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] and his helpful input, I have exhaustively looked into ENFJ. Definitely is not me. However, I do see how I could easily be perceived as such by how I am when on the forum. I feel a lot more comfortable writing then I do speaking (in real life). The things I advocate for and discuss aren't things I do as much in real life where I am far more behind the scenes.

I never thought I was INFJ really. ISFJ and INFJ are the most common types I am associated with by other people.

The people who I have befriended and spoken to at length on the forum see me as INFP, as do most of the people I am close to. But, the feedback I receive here is that I am not INFP. So, I am left wondering if there is a disconnect in my behaviour or if I am mis-typed etc. I don't have a sentimental attachment to any type (have worked through that) and am sincerely open and desirous in just finding an accurate space.

I just had really valuable input from someone I respect linking my cognitive functions to ISFJ in a compelling way. I am now examining that.

But, I value your opinions also. I have definitively put ENFJ to bed due to it not resembling me or how I think or employ functions. Out of the remaining types, do you lean a certain way?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
The people who I have befriended and spoken to at length on the forum see me as INFP, as do most of the people I am close to. But, the feedback I receive here is that I am not INFP. So, I am left wondering if there is a disconnect in my behaviour or if I am mis-typed etc. I don't have a sentimental attachment to any type (have worked through that) and am sincerely open and desirous in just finding an accurate space.

I'm not at all speaking for OA, I just saw this and wanted to add something.

Re your behavior on the forum, and whether disconnect between behavior and type, all I can say is that if you see yourself as Fi, your number one value seems to be Fe and bringing people together for dialogue and harmonious discussion, valuing acknowledging everyones' input. :) Meaning, your behavior seems very Fe valuing. I am not saying this is out of the realm of Fi, it is just something an Fi person would need to value so much as to come across more Fe. (and ofc nothing wrong with that ;) I have known an Fi person before who felt she had strong Fe as well, and felt she might value Fe as an Fi user, and thus had a strong inclination to reach out to others in more of an Fe sort of way, but you seem to take it to another level on the forum - and I mean this in the best possible way - you are somewhat unique in this respect on the forum, I think.

What do you think your motivations are for 'advocating' on the forum? What inspires you or leads you to do so?

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hi! Thanks for stopping in OA :)

Due to [MENTION=25377]SearchingforPeace[/MENTION] and his helpful input, I have exhaustively looked into ENFJ. Definitely is not me. However, I do see how I could easily be perceived as such by how I am when on the forum. I feel a lot more comfortable writing then I do speaking (in real life). The things I advocate for and discuss aren't things I do as much in real life where I am far more behind the scenes.

I never thought I was INFJ really. ISFJ and INFJ are the most common types I am associated with by other people.

I just had really valuable input from someone I respect linking my cognitive functions to ISFJ in a compelling way. I am now examining that.

But, I value your opinions also. I have definitively put ENFJ to bed due to it not resembling me or how I think or employ functions. Out of the remaining types, do you lean a certain way?

My impression is exactly the same. I don't see Ni-dom, but I suppose INFJ is possible. What were you like as a child?

My strongest impression is that you are an Extroverted Feeling type. It's not even an impression. It's incredibly evident to me. The preference for iNtuition seems clear to me also. So what is off about ENFJ for you?

As for the opinions of people close to you...so what?

To illustrate... People who are close to me in person would likely not type me as INFP because these people aren't necessarily people who understand typology well. INFP profiles are way too saccharine for the most part, so without understanding that types are mentality, then people won't necessarily tag me as INFP.

Online, people may type me as INFP because I say I am, and they respect my opinion based on a reputation I have built over years. Basically, they buy my type because I have set myself up as some authority & so I "must" be correct about my own type, not because they themselves grasp type well. I bring this up to make a point... which I will continue with below, if you keep following it and can make the connections.

There is also the whole thing of "well you're my friend and if you feel like a mermaid, then of course you are one :hug: ". I have seen this a lot when people want their type confirmed and the forum is not cooperating. Someone swoops in to soothe the distress of the person who wants to be typed differently from the overall feedback, as if that person is being persecuted. The confirmation they receive is indeed more a truth about the closeness of the relationship than a truth about their type.

So frankly, this very point you bring up sounds like Je to me - trusting the judgments of people/sources who you respect & deem consistent & reliable. Ji mentality is more like - is the reasoning sound? Doesn't matter so much who it comes from (a mentality which has its own issues as a "filter").

FYI, I will do an annoying thing where I ignore what you say in favor of how it is said and the mentality I see behind it. That is generally how I type people.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The preference for iNtuition seems clear to me also.

Why is this? I agree with you, but I don't know why. Except for posts emphasizing that she needs to be seen for who she is, that seems distinctly more NF to me. So I initially thought ENFJ too.

Fwiw, CP, at this point I could just as easily see ISFJ. (I hope this whole topic hasn't become horribly grating to you. I don't think anyone would blame you if you asked people to cool it for a while. :) )

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
I am going to return to answer [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] because I think it's a really great (valid) question and need to think on it to understand myself before I can explain...

My impression is exactly the same. I don't see Ni-dom, but I suppose INFJ is possible. What were you like as a child?

I get that [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION] because even I see how I am more ENFJ here :)

The answer re: childhood is a bit complicated because 1) I was who my parents wanted me to be (I came after a child who died) and 2) I was the victim of a very serious crime. Those factors aside, I was very into day-dreaming and fantasizing, had a natural happy nature, was not easily understood by other's in how I spoke but was well-liked, was creative and adventurous, hated routine or schedules and rebelled against them, was stubborn but often would cry alone or express myself to trees... I think I am my more true self since I have done work and not allowed the external circumstances I mentioned to affect me as much.

My strongest impression is that you are an Extroverted Feeling type. It's not even an impression. It's incredibly evident to me. The preference for iNtuition seems clear to me also. So what is off about ENFJ for you?

I score very high on Fe. It's clear I use it to me also. But, I always score a bit more highly on Fi and it's what I connect with in day-to-day life. I could be wrong. Just explaining what I feel in tune with more.

My Mother is ENFJ and though I admire her and we are similar in some ways, we think and process things VERY differently. I don't really care a lot about external influences or opinions and those guide my Mom. It has been a source of conflict between us how little I am tethered to social expectations or the views of others. This probably sounds extremely selfish but although I have a hugely genuine interest in people, my largest interest is myself. My thoughts and my own company. The rest of the world is secondary to that.

I feel like it isn't selfish though because having that priority allows me to best serve others, when it is called for.

ENFJ's are great, I just don't feel any kinship with the descriptions.

As for the opinions of people close to you...so what?

To illustrate... People who are close to me in person would likely not type me as INFP because these people aren't necessarily people who understand typology well. INFP profiles are way too saccharine for the most part, so without understanding that types are mentality, then people won't necessarily tag me as INFP.

Online, people may type me as INFP because I say I am, and they respect my opinion based on a reputation I have built over years. Basically, they buy my type because I have set myself up as some authority & so I "must" be correct about my own type, not because they themselves grasp type well. I bring this up to make a point... which I will continue with below, if you keep following it and can make the connections.

There is also the whole thing of "well you're my friend and if you feel like a mermaid, then of course you are one ". I have seen this a lot when people want their type confirmed and the forum is not cooperating. Someone swoops in to soothe the distress of the person who wants to be typed differently from the overall feedback, as if that person is being persecuted. The confirmation they receive is indeed more a truth about the closeness of the relationship than a truth about their type.

All good reasoning. Smile.

So frankly, this very point you bring up sounds like Je to me - trusting the judgments of people/sources who you respect & deem consistent & reliable. Ji mentality is more like - is the reasoning sound? Doesn't matter so much who it comes from (a mentality which has its own issues as a "filter").

That's the thing. I think I could have explained it better. I don't care. I meant that because when people get to know me better, they usually find me a lot more 'internal' and 'removed' than they first thought. Often, people who expected me to fit into their life in a larger way are actually disappointed by finding out how much time away from people is my reality.

Honestly, I care the most about what I think. So, I am totally open to opinions but won't agree if it doesn't resonate with how I know myself to be. How I think and act.

FYI, I will do an annoying thing where I ignore what you say in favor of how it is said and the mentality I see behind it. That is generally how I type people.

No problem! I am fascinated by how different people see me. I am in awe of the knowledge people here have (I am still an infant in that regard with typology). I like lateral approaches to things :)

Cloudpatrol

Senior(ita) Member
Why is this? I agree with you, but I don't know why. Except for posts emphasizing that she needs to be seen for who she is, that seems distinctly more NF to me. So I initially thought ENFJ too.

Fwiw, CP, at this point I could just as easily see ISFJ. (I hope this whole topic hasn't become horribly grating to you. I don't think anyone would blame you if you asked people to cool it for a while. :) )

Because personal identity is so vital to me, I find myself more confused than anything. Thank you for considering my feelings HUG.

People are SO adamant that I am 3 different types, that it is difficult to find clarity. I can only keep looking at the input (which I do hugely value) and comparing it to my touchstone - my knowledge of my self.

I am frustrated with myself a bit for the disconnect in my IRL and forum manifestation and have to figure that out more :) Actually, thinking about it now I think my forum self is close to my "social" self IRL, but I can only maintain it for so long. I love people, am interested in them...but the level of interaction I prefer to operate at only allows me to do so in limited amounts and then I feel depleted and need to centre with myself.

I was raised in a VERY high-level social environment and think I am still figuring out that I don't have to be "on" all the time. That people won't be disappointed if I am not my most entertaining self. Ugh. I thought I was further along then this. Smile :blush:

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Something about your writing style strikes me as Ni. I'm leaning towards xNFJ for you.

Dreamer

Potential is My Addiction
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I admit I have not gone to great lengths to read each individual post in this thread thus far, but felt I should impart some words. [MENTION=27162]Cloudpatrol[/MENTION] certainly comes off Fe, most people are seeing this, but as I attempted to ask on multiple occasions about Fe and what it is people are identifying as Fe on the forum http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/myers-briggs-and-jungian-cognitive-functions/84068-overtly-friendly-forum-vent-indicator-fe.html I still wasn't able to get much headway in this. I have also dug into potential struggles with identifying function relationships, with personal experience, development, and growth in a more recent thread http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/myers-briggs-and-jungian-cognitive-functions/85545-differentiating-function-life-experience-growth.html

While posting these thread links appear self-serving, it is simply to ask the bigger question, what in Cloudpatrol, is everyone seeing that is so overtly Fe? I agree with [MENTION=1206]cascadeco[/MENTION] in that displaying Fe characteristics, could still be Fi, displaying a value(s) so personal to her, that others fail to see as anything other than Fe. That is the beauty and mystery of introverted functions is it not? To harbor thoughts and feelings so personal and so deep, that when directed towards the external world, the translation can unfortunately sometimes falter. But who cares if others do not see your vision so long as you know deep down who you are and what is most important to you? That deep internal presence is your core. If it were readily explainable to just anyone, then I would start to fear that you are no more complex than some AI algorithm and you might as well take your humanity away. (exaggeration of course)

Here is something else to consider, and that is her maturity and to me, apparent content with her life and who she is. When someone is in a state of happiness, let alone genuinely content with life (that is something so many of us can only aspire to) then you will perceive the world in a much different way. You will feel good inside, feel good about those around you, you will then reflect this positivity outwards. Not always directed towards people mind you, but this positivity has the innate ability to spread a warmth to others as well. It's contagious really. People want to be around those that are happy, we gravitate towards them. This sense of positivity can be defined as Fe yes, but what if this positivity was emanating from this person indirectly? What if no actions by this person were taken, and for only their sole existence, does positivity radiate? When you see a someone smile, there is something about that smile that tells you it is either genuine or forced. That smile, when genuine carries a completely different tone to it and a different feeling altogether. Through Cloudpatrol's writing, I can tell she smiles with all her heart, and that warmth is palpable. It is not forced, nor pushed on anyone for that matter.

Finally, as Cloudpatrol mentioned, she sees herself acting in her "social" self on the forum. I get that. I do the same. I come onto vent to socialize mostly, to have fun. The forum tends to be my space to learn and to chat more about ideas, and sure, the occassional emoji (or five hundred) and junk post. But my forum presence and vent presence is very much my "E" coming through. It gives me that social fix. Follow me around though and you'll see that I can be quite a different person. I'm not always upbeat, buddy buddy, this or that. Why do I mention this? Because while I do not know Cloudpatrol beyond this forum, that aspect of herself, is something I highly relate to and can understand. Not to say she is some two-faced dragon off the scenes :newwink:

So while I would not be so ready to shut down Fe use for her, I agree she has plenty to put any Fe user to shame, I do not see it as her only option. If she claims an Fi preference, that is all I need to know.

Z Buck McFate

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
People are SO adamant that I am 3 different types, that it is difficult to find clarity. I can only keep looking at the input (which I do hugely value) and comparing it to my touchstone - my knowledge of my self.

I personally think when feedback about it takes on anything resembling a relentless zeal- like the person has some attachment to changing your mind, that attachment can be felt (by the person on the receiving end) and feels even remotely coercive or forceful- then it stops being productive/fruitful. Granted, as e5 I'm incredibly sensistive to this stuff, but still. It's like it's more about the person on the feedback-giving end needing something from that interaction than it is about helping another person. A person kinda needs to have a strong sense of this^ (and a relatively strong sense of self) to be resilient in the face of getting pummeled with it *and* simultaneously actually consider the information they're getting pummeled with.

I think you're doing a pretty good job of hearing/considering the input, with the way you are getting pummeled with it. :)

S16M4

Permabanned
From the looks of this sub-forum front page, it seems as if the P's (specifically INFPs) aren't so sure of themselves?