• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Other] Your Personality Is Built into Your Body

nickrpack

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Everything we do, for good or for ill, gets "written" into our bodies, into our brains. Ever since we were little, our subtle personality preferences like chilling in our rooms to recharge and making everything clean and tidy becomes "something" - neurons - in the brain, making that action or activity more likely in the future. And like we all know, it takes 21 days and that action or activity is solidified as a habit. So in a very real way our personalities become established and increase in strength the more we do said action or activity. Likewise, habits can also break given the right willpower and focus.

What's interesting is thinking about the distinction between the original personality preference and the built-into-the-brain aspect of personality and habits. I don't think core personalities can change or if they do it isn't much, but I believe habits can.

Sometimes I wonder, "Is this me? Or is this 5% me and 95% habit?" I don't know; I'm just thinking at loud here!

Okay thanks,

Bye!