• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Tritype] Updated Enneagram Tritype Test.

Rouskyrie

I got 874, which is what I suspected of myself.

This is a nice, thorough test.

Thank you for taking the test. If there's anything I can do to help you further clarify your tritype, feel free to let me know.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Good test. I scored 125/251/512, and yes, I'm a 512.

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thank you for taking the test. Any suggestions as to how I could improve it?

It would've been nice to get better/longer descriptions of the types. It's also a bit long, but I recognise how cutting it for length might make it less accurate. :)

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Thank you for saying so and for taking the test. If there's anything I can do to help you further clarify your tritype, feel free to let me know.

It would be great to get your opinion. I tend to identify more with the 7 head fix, but I liked the problem solving focus of the 853 tritype as that captured something fairly true about me. I had only ever considered 873 or 874 besides my current tritype. Is it possible that I have a strong 7 wing even though my correct head fix might be 5?

We don't know each other, so feel free to ask whatever additional questions you think would be helpful.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
It would be great to get your opinion. I tend to identify more with the 7 head fix, but I liked the problem solving focus of the 853 tritype as that captured something fairly true about me. I had only ever considered 873 or 874 besides my current tritype. Is it possible that I have a strong 7 wing even though my correct head fix might be 5?

We don't know each other, so feel free to ask whatever additional questions you think would be helpful.

Try with this, or I can give you the whole 853 tritype profile.

Gut: physical presence in the way that a person takes up space.
-8 fixers take up space unapologetically and just seem solid...
-9 fixers take up space apologetically and seem unsubstantial physically in the unhealthier levels while more in flow in the healthier levels
-1 fixers take up space somewhere in between, rigid, tense, clenched

Heart: information a person consciously or unconsciously presents about him/herself.
-2 fixers present as more unimportant, humble, a 'servant'...
-3 fixers present as more of a consistent winner, sometimes regal....
-4 fixers present as more intense, self-referential, deep, sometimes erratic

Head: orientation towards thinking and ideas.
-5 fixers think more for the delight of 'big ideas' about human behavior and creating new concepts to keep reality aligned with their 'cerebral landscape'...
-6 fixers think more for the responsibility of assessing and defending current beliefs/people to figure out what/who is reliable and what they can be certain about...
-7 fixers think more for the delight of staying on the move (mentally or physically) in search of new ideas to stimulate their minds with

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Try with this, or I can give you the whole 853 tritype profile.

I relate to both of these:

The Solution Master

Interest:
– studying a problem, evaluate what is needed and finding original and practical solutions that others miss
– want truth and justice
– find success, focus on status

Mission:
– use your cleverness and astute powers of observation to serve the greater good

The Free Spirit
The Humanitarian

Interest:
– pleasing and protecting others
– being free, positive and upbeat

Mission:
– be an instrument of change, transforming difficult situations into moments of inspiration

I don't relate as strongly to 873 or 852.

Either 853 or 872 captures something I feel to be very true about me, depending on if I'm dealing in a more personal or professional space. I'm more goofy and outgoing online or with friends than I am during my day to day. Realistically, I'm more knowledge seeking than I am sensation seeking. I identify with e7 because I highly value autonomy, but the emphasis on personal freedom is something that that type also shares with the 8. I'm also intellectually omnivorous. A lot of things can be interesting to me, but I have several areas of defined interest and tend to explore ideas and concepts within those spheres. That is a very defining aspect of my personality. I like Se nonsense, but as I said before, it's entirely possible that I have a strong 7 wing as opposed to having e7 as my actual head fix.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I relate to both of these:

I don't relate as strongly to 873 or 852.

Either 853 or 872 captures something I feel to be very true about me, depending on if I'm dealing in a more personal or professional space. I'm more goofy and outgoing online or with friends than I am during my day to day. Realistically, I'm more knowledge seeking than I am sensation seeking. I identify with e7 because I highly value autonomy, but the emphasis on personal freedom is something that that type also shares with the 8. I'm also intellectually omnivorous. A lot of things can be interesting to me, but I have several areas of defined interest and tend to explore ideas and concepts within those spheres. That is a very defining aspect of my personality. I like Se nonsense, but as I said before, it's entirely possible that I have a strong 7 wing as opposed to having e7 as my actual head fix.

Well my original tritype was 583 so I know something about that tritype class. However I placed 2 in there because of idea that there is very 1wing on it. Since I am more 1 like than 3 like. So this way with fix 2w1 I am almost skiping the whole heart. (but the 2 thing is not really working out for me)

It is just that you don't strike me as too similar to me. Since I am basically xNTJ plus I have 5 8 and possibly 3 (if I have 3 maybe I have 1 instead of 8)

Btw where did you get those mini profiles that you quoted. That looks interesting. :)

Doctor Cringelord

MBTI Type
I
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
145/451/514

Interesting, I didn't get 9 in there.

Isn't this tritype associated with ISxJ types?

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Well my original tritype was 583 so I know something about that tritype class. However I placed 2 in there because of idea that there is very 1wing on it. Since I am more 1 like than 3 like. So this way with fix 2w1 I am almost skiping the whole heart. (but the 2 thing is not really working out for me)

It is just that you don't strike me as too similar to me. Since I am basically xNTJ plus I have 5 8 and possibly 3 (if I have 3 maybe I have 1 instead of 8)

Btw where did you get those mini profiles that you quoted. That looks interesting. :)

If you were a mistyped 583, then it makes sense that we wouldn't vibe similarly, even if you're familiar with the description.

Source for the tritype info.

Rouskyrie

I would be happy to give my opinion. To answer your question: That's a possibility, yes. I've been thinking that since everyone is supposedly influenced by each type to varying degrees, that the influences within a triad could be close enough to cause confusion.

My impression based on your posts and the vibe I get from you is that your influences by triad look something like this:
Gut Triad - 8 > 1 > 9.
Head Triad - 5 > 7 > 6.
Heart Triad - 3 > 2 > 4.

In other words: 853 > 872.

However, I will get some questions together to further clarify, as I admit I could be mistaken.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If you were a mistyped 583, then it makes sense that we wouldn't vibe similarly, even if you're familiar with the description.

Source for the tritype info.

Well I could be 583 without any problems. However it is just that I see myself as more noble than what profiles suggest. So I am searching neigbouring combinations like 258 or 135 tritypes.

Since my testing is so close that tests are useless.

5 23 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 23 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 22 I must be orderly/planned to survive.
3 18 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 15 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.

I placed 2 in there a few days ago because I was thinking that beneath those strong e1 scores there is a hidden and militarized 2w1 fix. But I Just don't feel as a 2 fixer.
Towards what you have linked I sounds most like combination of 1,3 and 5, plus from what I have posted I should be 1 fixed. So I am still thinking between 258 tritypes (triple unloved) or 135 tritypes (triple robotic), which is something of a Chicken/Egg dilemma if you think about it

I was 513 for years since in that case everything is clear since 513 is tritype and 8 is integration.

Great, however living like 513 can be quite alienting experience since people tend to feel uncomfortable and threatend around me.
From your link ...

The Technical Expert

Interest:
– want success
– acquiring knowledge
– being perfect

Mission:
– being focused + using powers of observation to achieve goals

Character:
– tenacious
– persistent
– driven
– self disciplined
– image oriented
– appropriate
– discerning
– self demanding
– judgmental
– wants control
– productive
– hard working
– intelligent
– focused
– critical
– obstinate
– efficient
– wise
– rational
– detail oriented
– precise
– pragmatic
– tenacious
– analytical
– ambitious
– elitist
– cold
– self assured
– well-mannered
– introverted
– objective
– impatient
– self-righteous
– tactful to some extent
– organised

Blind spot:
– overly focused on rules -> lose touch with own values and feelings
– becoming too robotic
– becoming narrow minded
– not focusing on emotions at all

So I am hopping that somewhere out there there is prettier definition of me, despite the fact all of that is correct :D
(therefore I am almost surely technical expert tritype in concious denial and my first tritype was 583 due to integration)

However if you want to be 853 I will not stop you, it is just that I don't see you in stuff like this.

Extreme narcissism. They believe that they are better than everyone else, and that they can handle anything that comes at them. They feel as though they are capable of anything and have ambitious plans.

eight with a three fix: the notably success oriented, prominence seeking eight. utilizes
image and manipulation to advance their career or enterprise.
business achievement can lead to political aspirations.

You strike me as more playful and "innocent" than this.

violet_crown

MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I would be happy to give my opinion. To answer your question: That's a possibility, yes. I've been thinking that since everyone is supposedly influenced by each type to varying degrees, that the influences within a triad could be close enough to cause confusion.

My impression based on your posts and the vibe I get from you is that your influences by triad look something like this:
Gut Triad - 8 > 1 > 9.
Head Triad - 5 > 7 > 6.
Heart Triad - 3 > 2 > 4.

In other words: 853 > 872.

However, I will get some questions together to further clarify, as I admit I could be mistaken.

Well I could be 583 without any problems. However it is just that I see myself as more noble than what profiles suggest. So I am searching neigbouring combinations like 258 or 135 tritypes.

Since my testing is so close that tests are useless.

I placed 2 in there a few days ago because I was thinking that beneath those strong e1 scores there is a hidden and militarized 2w1 fix. But I Just don't feel as a 2 fixer.
Towards what you have linked I sounds most like combination of 1,3 and 5, plus from what I have posted I should be 1 fixed. So I am still thinking between 258 tritypes (triple unloved) or 135 tritypes (triple robotic), which is something of a Chicken/Egg dilemma if you think about it

I was 513 for years since in that case everything is clear since 513 is tritype and 8 is integration.

Great, however living like 513 can be quite alienting experience since people tend to feel uncomfortable and threatend around me.
From your link ...

So I am hopping that somewhere out there there is prettier definition of me, despite the fact all of that is correct :D
(therefore I am almost surely technical expert tritype in concious denial and my first tritype was 583 due to integration)

However if you want to be 853 I will not stop you, it is just that I don't see you in stuff like this.

You strike me as more playful and "innocent" than this.

I was puttering around on Katherine Fauvre facebook page and found this description of the 853, which I think is a lot more charitable:

Katherine Fauvre said:
358...A few quick thoughts…

The 358 Tritype is often misunderstood. Who we see is someone that does not suffer fools gladly. They are tough-minded and easily call a spade a spade. They are strategically brilliant.

But that is only part of the story.

Their inner drive is success through strategic planning. They are not limited by emotions. In fact, they believe that emotions were confusing and limiting…and only slow them down.

They focus on the long game and have very little use for ignorance. They are demanding of themselves and others. They are natural entrepreneurs and generally achieve whatever they set out to do. They seek and can readily identify the competitive advantage in any area of life... whether in business, sports or love. They will always have or readily develop a strategy for success.

Their main focus in life is to achieve the realization of their ambitions. They do this by enduring and overcoming adversity. They never give up and do not give in. Setbacks become fuel for future endeavors.

They are no nonsense people that value experience over titles. They are extremely hard workers that are hard driving and self-motivated. They can be seen as work-a-holics but they truly love whatever they do or they stop doing it. They are what they achieve. The 358 can separate their emotions from any issue at hand, which can at times be confusing to Tritypes like the 269 and 379 that use emotions to make decisions.

The 358s are street-wise and believe in the school of hard knocks. They believe that one learns the most by doing. And, they think that the best lessons in life are learned by having to do things the hard way.

The rest of the story is that the 358s are actually tender-hearted people that do not want anyone they care about to suffer or be disadvantaged. But they are uncomfortable with their emotions and prefer the power to prevail that comes from mental constructs. They see their mind as a greater and more reliable resource than their heart or emotions. So, instead of offering sympathy, they offer strategies.

They respect those that overcome obstacles. And, they admire those that develop the confidence that ensues as a result of overcoming adversity. They want that for their loved ones. So, they show love by providing for those in their circle of care. But more specifically, they demonstrate love by teaching loved ones how to survive and how to take care of and provide for themselves. They believe the best gift you can give someone is the opportunity to learn how to make it on your own.

This is 100% me. I also reviewed the descriptions of enneagram 5 vs 7 on the Enneagram Institute website, because I felt that that would be the key to determining the wing vs head fix question. And came across this passage:

The intense focus of Fives can thus lead to remarkable discoveries and innovations, but when the personality is more fixated, it can also create self-defeating problems. This is because their focus of attention unwittingly serves to distract them from their most pressing practical problems. Whatever the sources of their anxieties may be—relationships, lack of physical strength, inability to gain employment, and so forth—average Fives tend not to deal with these issues. Rather, they find something else to do that will make them feel more competent.

That idea of seeking knowledge and competence as a release for anxiety is like my whole struggle haha. Experiences really mean less to me than the feeling of satisfaction I get from being able to get to the bottom of something. I hoard articles and books on everything because it feels good to just know I could know if I wanted to. My form of escape is binging articles on NY Times, not partying. I'm tert Se, so it's also going to feel good to do mindless sensualist things, but being able to understand makes me feel more in control and helps me self-soothe better than simply running from what's upsetting me. Endless distraction just makes me feel exposed, and having too many options makes me feel angry and agitated.

Updating my tritype to 8w7 > 3w2 > 5w4.

Either way, this was a neat bit of insight for me. You're doing the Lord's work, [MENTION=29179]Rouskyrie[/MENTION].

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I was puttering around on Katherine Fauvre facebook page and found this description of the 853, which I think is a lot more charitable:

I came across the video somewhere where she says all of that, in general this tritype correlates to people who have strong NTJs side. After all the tritype is "triple strategic".

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Result: Tritype 358/583/835. Solution master.

Can't say it is wrong since I was already typed as Solution master and I certainly am either this or technical expert, due to the fact that my 8w9 and 1w9 are very close and they act similary in many situations. However I go with technical expert since I see myself more to the noble/lawful side.

Few months have passed but this is still true.

OP, can I ask which questions are related to e1 ?
I ask simply because more liberal/progressive 1s are very likely to test as 8s on the tests. (I even had threads about this)

Rouskyrie

Few months have passed but this is still true.

OP, can I ask which questions are related to e1 ?
I ask simply because more liberal/progressive 1s are very likely to test as 8s on the tests. (I even had threads about this)

Of course, you can ask anything you wish. Once I can get to a computer, I'll edit this reply and show you which questions are related to type 1.

On a side note: Is there anything I can do to assist you in clarifying your tritype?

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
Of course, you can ask anything you wish. Once I can get to a computer, I'll edit this reply and show you which questions are related to type 1.

On a side note: Is there anything I can do to assist you in clarifying your tritype?

No, because my situation is messy. Since I am not born in democracy or capitalism, because I am from ex-communist country. So here you quite often can't find typical e1 conservatism while on the other hand the environment is so bureaucratic that it is manifestation of the worst fears of type 8. (and 9 isn't my fix for sure)

However I do believe that 1 is the fix and 8 is simply integration.
Because that is actually the only way that trully explains this:

5 23 I must be knowledgeable to survive.
8 23 I must be strong and in control to survive.
1 22 I must be orderly/planned to survive.
3 18 I must be impressive and attractive to survive.
6 15 I must be secure and safe to survive.
9 15 I must maintain peace/calm to survive.

It is just that this often seems so empty that I don't want to lable myself like this.
Actually my own parents and other people often accuse me that I don't have a soul, what then makes me lean towards 582 types that are rejection types.

Therefore I am simply wondering what gives you e1 scores on your test. Since my 8w9 and 1w9 is muddy for years. :)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I've edited my answer cuz I looked like a moron before. Confusion ensues as usual for me.

146/416/614

Rouskyrie

[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION].

Fair enough. My apologies for the wait. Here you go:

1.) Select all of your fears.
- The fear of deprivation and pain.
- The fear of lacking a unique, significant identity.
- The fear of being evil or corrupt.
- The fear of being harmed or controlled by others.
- The fear of being unloved or unwanted by others.
- The fear of loss and separation from others.
- The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless.
- The fear of being helpless and inadequate.
- The fear of being without support or guidance.

2) Choose your three worst tendencies.
- Becoming frustrated with others because of their faults.
- Conserving everything for yourself.
- Showcasing your successes and failing to admit you have faults.
- Becoming anxious about things that might happen.
- Never being satisfied, constantly wanting to experience more.
- Wanting to acquire what other people have.
- Thinking that others can't help themselves as much as you can.
- Constantly expressing anger.
- Not taking action.

3.) How do you express anger?
- Externalized anger: Openly displayed anger.
- Repressed anger: Avoidance of showing anger openly, but it sometimes manifests as passive-aggressiveness.
- Internalized anger: Harshly criticizing one's self. May also appear as judgmental tendencies.

6.) Select all sets of traits that are somewhat like you.
- Strong Willed, Decisive, Tough Minded, Domineering, Controlling, Aggressive.
- Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.
- Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.
- Easygoing, Trusting, Conciliatory, Self-Effacing, Escapist, Passive Aggressive.
- Empathetic, Altruistic, Sentimental, People-Pleasing, Manipulative, Victimizing.
- Ambitious,Energetic, Self-Assured, Scheming, Narcissistic, Monomaniacal.
- Loyal, Practical, Trustworthy, Fearful, Distrustful, Defensive.
- Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.
- Future Oriented, Extroverted, Open Minded, Compulsive, Reluctant, Arrogant.

14.) Select all traits that apply to who you are.
â—‹ Self-Criticizing.
â—‹ Critical.
â—‹ Perfectionistic.
â—‹ Controlling.
â—‹ Self-Righteous.
â—‹ Principled.
â—‹ Obsessive.
â—‹ Purist.
â—‹ Realistic.
â—‹ Ethical.
â—‹ Punitive.
â—‹ Disciplined.
â—‹ Rational.
â—‹ Dogmatic.
â—‹ Responsible.
â—‹ Reformer.
â—‹ Fixated.
â—‹ Detail-Oriented.
â—‹ Anger-Rejecting.
â—‹ Serious.

22.) I feel frustrated with
- Things that don't live up to my standards, because I care about making things better.
- That being different doesn't get me what I seek, because I will not change who I am to be better appreciated.
- The present, because the search for what I seek is more exciting than the experience.

29.) I get angry at and criticize myself.
- True.
- False.

31.) When confronted with a problem, I
- Put aside my wants/feelings to remain objective and may not take the feelings of others into account.
- Can easily set aside my own feelings and will cut corners to make things more efficent.
- Tend to withdraw, since I feel I can solve things on my own.
- None of these.

35.) I have trouble acknowledging my anger.
- True.
- False.

36.) Others notice my anger before I do.
- True.
- False.

37.) I refer to my anger as resentment.
- True.
- False.

39.) I feel annoyed when others don't follow the rules.
- True.
- False.

63.) My sense of self is based on my search for the ideal
- Autonomy; Perfection and self control.
- Attention; Someone who completely understands and appreciates me.
- Security and contentment; What awaits.
- None of these.

67.) I get into conflicts by being
- Too impatient, rigid and critical.
- Too competitive, insincere and boastful.
- Too detached, isolated and provocative.
- None of these.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
[MENTION=4347]Virtual ghost[/MENTION].

Fair enough. My apologies for the wait. Here you go:

1.) Select all of your fears.
- The fear of deprivation and pain.
- The fear of lacking a unique, significant identity.
- The fear of being evil or corrupt.
- The fear of being harmed or controlled by others.
- The fear of being unloved or unwanted by others.
- The fear of loss and separation from others.
- The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless.
- The fear of being helpless and inadequate.
- The fear of being without support or guidance.

2) Choose your three worst tendencies.
- Becoming frustrated with others because of their faults.
- Conserving everything for yourself.
- Showcasing your successes and failing to admit you have faults.
- Becoming anxious about things that might happen.
- Never being satisfied, constantly wanting to experience more.
- Wanting to acquire what other people have.
- Thinking that others can't help themselves as much as you can.
- Constantly expressing anger.
- Not taking action.

3.) How do you express anger?
- Externalized anger: Openly displayed anger.
- Repressed anger: Avoidance of showing anger openly, but it sometimes manifests as passive-aggressiveness.
- Internalized anger: Harshly criticizing one's self. May also appear as judgmental tendencies.

6.) Select all sets of traits that are somewhat like you.
- Strong Willed, Decisive, Tough Minded, Domineering, Controlling, Aggressive.
- Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.
- Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.
- Easygoing, Trusting, Conciliatory, Self-Effacing, Escapist, Passive Aggressive.
- Empathetic, Altruistic, Sentimental, People-Pleasing, Manipulative, Victimizing.
- Ambitious,Energetic, Self-Assured, Scheming, Narcissistic, Monomaniacal.
- Loyal, Practical, Trustworthy, Fearful, Distrustful, Defensive.
- Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.
- Future Oriented, Extroverted, Open Minded, Compulsive, Reluctant, Arrogant.

14.) Select all traits that apply to who you are.
â—‹ Self-Criticizing.
â—‹ Critical.
â—‹ Perfectionistic.
â—‹ Controlling.
â—‹ Self-Righteous.
â—‹ Principled.
â—‹ Obsessive.
â—‹ Purist.
â—‹ Realistic.
â—‹ Ethical.
â—‹ Punitive.
â—‹ Disciplined.
â—‹ Rational.
â—‹ Dogmatic.
â—‹ Responsible.
â—‹ Reformer.
â—‹ Fixated.
â—‹ Detail-Oriented.
â—‹ Anger-Rejecting.
â—‹ Serious.

22.) I feel frustrated with
- Things that don't live up to my standards, because I care about making things better.
- That being different doesn't get me what I seek, because I will not change who I am to be better appreciated.
- The present, because the search for what I seek is more exciting than the experience.

29.) I get angry at and criticize myself.
- True.
- False.

31.) When confronted with a problem, I
- Put aside my wants/feelings to remain objective and may not take the feelings of others into account.
- Can easily set aside my own feelings and will cut corners to make things more efficent.
- Tend to withdraw, since I feel I can solve things on my own.
- None of these.

35.) I have trouble acknowledging my anger.
- True.
- False.

36.) Others notice my anger before I do.
- True.
- False.

37.) I refer to my anger as resentment.
- True.
- False.

39.) I feel annoyed when others don't follow the rules.
- True.
- False.

63.) My sense of self is based on my search for the ideal
- Autonomy; Perfection and self control.
- Attention; Someone who completely understands and appreciates me.
- Security and contentment; What awaits.
- None of these.

67.) I get into conflicts by being
- Too impatient, rigid and critical.
- Too competitive, insincere and boastful.
- Too detached, isolated and provocative.
- None of these.

Thanks. :)
This is great example of why I can't see myself as core e1 even if I have pretty high e1 scores. The whole thing is too childish and cartoonish for me to see it as the core of my persona. Since I see things in a very fluid and open minded way, what I later turn into fairly rigid but functional system over time. I often feel that I should be 1 but profiles, tests or even people make me look the other way. Which is why I have in the end went with Sp 3 ... the 1 that isn't 1. (and this typing should stay in use for a long time) Especially since I am too loud, pragmatic and physical for a 5 and too brainy and untransparent for an 8. (and other types are surely not too much like me)