• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Truth About the MBTI

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
Mole is an authenticity wonk. That's why he's afraid of fraudulent, inauthentic things.

Mole is authenticity at work. That's why he's feared by the fraudulent and inauthentic.

Mole

Permabanned
So you are entranced by the concept of ego still, I see.

Although I love the imagination, for the sake of sanity and common decency, I am committed to reality testing.

I do note that mbti requires no reality testing.

I also note that cults require no reality testing.

I also note that narcissists finds reality testing to be an unnecessary drag on their neurosis.

So I love to be entranced, and reality testing keeps us kosher and our minds freshly minted.

reckful

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Although I love the imagination, for the sake of sanity and common decency, I am committed to reality testing.

I do note that mbti requires no reality testing.

I also note that cults require no reality testing.

I also note that narcissists finds reality testing to be an unnecessary drag on their neurosis.

So I love to be entranced, and reality testing keeps us kosher and our minds freshly minted.

You were spouting the same tired nonsense about "reality testing" and the MBTI back in May, Mole, and I responded with this post and this post, and this post.

And you responded to my posts with... a bunch of silly, non-responsive, word-salady hand-waving, as usual.

Because empty words are all you've got.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe

empty words are all you've got

empty words are all

empty words are all

empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all empty words are all

ye lol

Tater

the dichotomies are distinct. however, observations and applications of them are flawed because people contain shifting multitudes.

i would say that the parts that borrow the least from each other are introversion and extraversion.

if given a second try, i would guess irrational/rational.

it depends on the framework you're working with.

Pionart

MBTI Type
NiFe
the dichotomies are distinct. however, observations and applications of them are flawed because people contain shifting multitudes.

i would say that the parts that borrow the least from each other are introversion and extraversion.

if given a second try, i would guess irrational/rational.

it depends on the framework you're working with.

This was pretty much my views on it exactly.

However, I still don't quite understand what exactly it is that allows one to distinguish between these.

However, Jung said that empathy is a function of extroversion.

That's very important.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I wonder if there is a middle ground between the mole and the hole. I guess there's always the sky.

Mole

Permabanned
You were spouting the same tired nonsense about "reality testing" and the MBTI back in May, Mole, and I responded with this post and this post, and this post.

And you responded to my posts with... a bunch of silly, non-responsive, word-salady hand-waving, as usual.

C'mon, no Psychology Department in any university teaches mbti, just as no Astronomy Department in any university teaches astrology.

To believe in mbti is intellectually corrupt, and to teach mbti to the vulnerable is abuse.

iauiugu

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
Previously I used to collect bits and pieces of good things from various sources such as religion and theories , but whether or not this is good in longer terms I am wondering. It is true, tho, we cannot be doing that forever.

by 'in longer terms' do you mean if its a viable long-term strategy? it seems like the dominant strategy of the scientifically minded nowadays, to have a belief system that is a conglomeration of what we know from various tests and models, but this lacks much of what makes religious and other closed cosmologies so desired and useful in practical terms

unless you're speaking about something else. i'm not sure how your comment relates to the thread topic either