• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Sports Random Thought Thread

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Matt Patricia fired. Belichick's coaching tree continues to prove doodoo.

Update: Michigan loses to 0-5 Penn State??? Rough day for football coaches in the state of Michigan.

There is a God after all. Bye Bob Quinn. Bye lard ass with your useless pencil. But until they sell that franchise, the Lions are doomed forever.

As far as Michigan is concerned, just rip off the bandaid already. Fire Harbaugh and hire Luke Fickell.

Jaguar

3SsZ.gif

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My Texas Aggies should've blown out this mediocre LSU team, but man, our offense was gassed.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a God after all. Bye Bob Quinn. Bye lard ass with your useless pencil. But until they sell that franchise, the Lions are doomed forever.

As far as Michigan is concerned, just rip off the bandaid already. Fire Harbaugh and hire Luke Fickell.

Matt Patricia seems like the quintissential nerdy guy that grows up, gets even the most miniscule amount of authority over others, and becomes an absolute douchebag. Have you read any of the reports of how he talked to his players? Have you seen the video of him calling out a reporter for what he perceives to be sloughing while asking him an interview question during a press conference?

Listen Matt, I know you think going to the Belichick school of winning football gives you clout within the football community, but guess what? You aren't Belichick. He basically made and mixed the sauce while all you did was pour it over the pasta. He also isn't nearly as much of a douchebag to his players, hence why despite his cold and gruff demeanor, they all mostly love him. You on the other hand just kinda suck and tried to mimic the recipe without any of the skill or accolades required that makes people buy into that kind of coaching. You'll be just another failed Belichick disciple who will either bounce around the league is a coordinator, or have guest spots on sports shows where you'll continue to lick his boots in hopes of getting back in.

But until they sell that franchise, the Lions are doomed forever.

Basically, yeah. They got rid of their shitty coach and GM, but if I know the Lions like I think I do, they'll just hire another shitty coach and GM. If I were the Lions I'd go get John Dorsey as GM to pull off his draft/trade voodoo and get some talent in a hurry. That said, it's time to move on from Matthew Stafford. I think he's a pretty good QB, and I'd like to see him get a chance to play for a legitimate contender, but he's also 33 and is probably one more back injury away from being permanently wheelchair bound. Unfortunately the Lions sucked this season, but didn't suck badly enough to earn a top draft pick. Even with a new GM and coach, they're still in a tough spot.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't wait to watch Mahomie kick Brady's ass

I know!

They're going to get crushed tomorrow and it's going to be glorious.

He's gonna be like Usain Bolt running to the locker room to avoid shaking Mahomes hand after tomorrow's game.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I know!

They're going to get crushed tomorrow and it's going to be glorious.

He's gonna be like Usain Bolt running to the locker room to avoid shaking Mahomes hand after tomorrow's game.

It's gonna be so damn beautiful. I could cry.

*wears my Mahomes shirt with pride*

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Oh, I never do. But, I had a friend tell me she dropped Tyreek Hill. I almost screamed at her. Like "WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU DO THAT?"

was she on drugs. please tell me something altered her brain function. WHO DROPS HIM.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Bears defense isn't even that bad, but Rodgers is slicing through them like a hot knife through butter.

Also, I thank God the Bears drafted Trubisky over Watson (and Mahomes).

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bears defense isn't even that bad, but Rodgers is slicing through them like a hot knife through butter.

Also, I thank God the Bears drafted Trubisky over Watson (and Mahomes).

There are 3 certainties in life: Dead. Taxes. And Aaron Rodgers beating the Bears.

Stigmata

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trubisky is such a disaster...

Chicago fans will be forced to be reminded for the next 20 years that they drafted Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. They traded UP to get him -- remember that.

How I imagine Ryan Paces's facial expression whenever he sees the records that Mahomes and Watson are putting up:
st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

Tomb1

Chicago fans will be forced to be reminded for the next 20 years that they drafted Trubisky ahead of Mahomes and Deshaun Watson. They traded UP to get him -- remember that.

How I imagine Ryan Paces's facial expression whenever he sees the records that Mahomes and Watson are putting up:
st,small,845x845-pad,1000x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

2nd 1st round pick...unreal

Mole

Permabanned
Just as we resist entertaining the idea that our much loved pets are our parasites, so we resist the idea that our much loved sports are religious.

Yet on Tik Tok the loving owner speaks to their pet and tells them they earn no money, they do no cooking and cleaning, they pay no rent, and they demand to be housed and fed and loved - a parasite by any other name.

Yet sport requires the suspension of disbelief and the leap of faith until we forget sport is just a game - we say sport is not a matter of life and death, it is more important than that - a religion by any other name.

Burning Paradigm

Vibe Curator & Night Owl
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Kawhi Leonard will decline his player option after next season after the Clippers are upset in 5 or 6 in the first round by either the Mavericks or Warriors.

Tomb1

Wednesday afternoon Steelers Ravens... Too bad its a 3:40 kickoff, I been wantin' to see this one since last thursday.... hope the Ravens crack that undefeated record.